Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, nope, nope and nope....I'm in the same boat.

I've fallen behind here. Anything promising on the horizon for KW arrested? Any new info at all? COD? Anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of domestic abusers are not particularly violent outside the home.

If someone hits me in the face, I don't care if you call it slapping, punching, coldcocking, left hook, blindsided, box, jabbed or whatever, you still hit me.

Come on autopsy!

The report I read today did say that one of the boys had bruises all over his body from being beaten with the belt.

Please link the report you are referring to.

Edited: Nevermind, it was linked further down separate from the statement.

That is a lot of people in jail in Onslow!!

Onslow is a large county, population wise. The county's population, that houses for our county, (we have no jail), and our own county's population, combined, wouldn't even make up a third of Onslow county's population, and our local detention center usually has at least 150+ inmates. Cases can drag out for months, or even more than a year, and many just wait their cases out there.

This is not directed at any one person, but last night I tried to catch up on the thread on the car ride between family events and I was shocked at how much at least the last half of the previous thread and all of this thread were almost entirely focused on the father, AW, who is
the one person who clearly had zero to do with Mariah's death,
has not been accused of any abuse against his children that I am aware of,

who doesn't even appear to have had any physical altercations with EK or KW during the custody issues in the past,
who has expressed a desire to ease a custody transition of the boys back to him,
who tried to get custody of his kids previously,
Etc...
Instead of on those who were directly involved with Mariah's death or who were still involved with the children to an extent that they should have known some wasn't right (like grandparents who took them to church every Sunday).

Again, I don't claim that he is father of the year material, but he is currently more under a microscope here in this thread than the other adults and has received more criticism in the last few days than them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you and amen. I’ve almost completely stopped reading here for just that reason.

Same here. So....mom saw MW at 11;00, EK saw her at midnight. LE says EK stole the dressers between 11:00 and 3:30 a.m. I'm thinking we can throw out the 11:00 and midnight stories.

Or, did he truly see her last, alive, at around midnight? Comes back from Thanksgiving, may have asked for some cash, may have gotten a bit. Not enough. Needed dressers. Had filched from local abandoned places before, and had known the dressers were there (they can't pin other thefts on him b/c there's no evidence). He is getting ready to leave, may have imbibed over the Holiday, and, decided to go get the dressers, he and AW may have fought, loudly, that he shouldn't, but he heads out. He's already agitated, M comes out of her room, may have even soiled her bed, and he just grabs her, shakes her, and puts her to bed. Only hard. The mom gets up to check on the commotion, EK's already out the door, and gone, and she finds that M is in a bad way. She waits for EK to get back, and they then make a decision. The eldest child overheard pieces and parts. They could easily say that they did see the child at 11:00 p.m., and Midnight. Just some thoughts.

I thought hinting other minor children were responsible for anything is off limits as per post #538

I'm going based on the fact that it has been approved, by Tricia, that we can discuss that bio Dad, told NG, that mom has said that the eldest was involved. I've only given a scenario, based on that article.

I agree his background doesn’t show violent crimes. However we do have the neighbor statement about EK’s self-described “adult temper” when he beat up the car bc he was out of cigs and didn’t have the keys. Also, violent crimes against people might tend to go unreported in an area like this. The injured party being hesitant to report due to their own background and a general dislike for LE involvement of any kind. Just MHO.

I haven’t made up my mind about anything or anyone yet but NOTHING would surprise me in this case.

That's a good point about people being hesitant to report to LE, also, the street rule of "no snitching." About that neighbor, that was one of the incidents I was referring too when I said there is no verified source of that ever happening or the subsequent comment about "adult tempers." In fact, him doing that doesn't seem to jive. Think about it, he busts up a car like that because he's having a temper tantrum, only way to get it fixed is to make an insurance claim and that would involve getting the cops involved to write up a report for the insurance company. If EK has a rep with the local cops, they are going to be suspicious. There isn't a viable story for EK or KW to come up with to explain that type of damage to the cops that isn't going to sound suspicious. To me, that report stinks of locals wanting to their 15min or just to settle some score.

A lot of domestic abusers are not particularly violent outside the home.
My cousin was married to a pastor.The guy worked with a group helping abused kids and was trusted by everyone.The only problem is he was beating the hell out of my cousin while being considered a saint.

Possibly or not a verified source of the van incident as reported on 10/13/17 of EK's arrest record.

attachment.php

That's a good point about people being hesitant to report to LE, also, the street rule of "no snitching." About that neighbor, that was one of the incidents I was referring too when I said there is no verified source of that ever happening or the subsequent comment about "adult tempers." In fact, him doing that doesn't seem to jive. Think about it, he busts up a car like that because he's having a temper tantrum, only way to get it fixed is to make an insurance claim and that would involve getting the cops involved to write up a report for the insurance company. If EK has a rep with the local cops, they are going to be suspicious. There isn't a viable story for EK or KW to come up with to explain that type of damage to the cops that isn't going to sound suspicious. To me, that report stinks of locals wanting to their 15min or just to settle some score.

The WS banner says EK "arrested in the murder of MW" and I get hopeful each time I log on not realizing it's just poorly worded. One of these days soon, I hope.

It could be this complaint -

• The sheriff’s office responded to the 2400 block of Dawson Cabin Road in Jacksonville on Oct. 13, 2017 for a report of injury to real property and property damage in which Kristy Woods is named as the victim but is noted as having no injuries.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

I'm having a hard time thinking a mother would dump her precious toddler in a lake to protect a child who is too young to be prosecuted, even if she felt she would be punished for not supervising. That action in itself shows no loving bond with the baby from where I am. She wasn't taken to the nearby woods and wrapped up in the hope she would be found and brought home for a burial and a ceremony. She was taken 25 miles away and her body and soul couldn't have been treated with any less care or respect.

So to accept she would do that I have to accept also that she had no care for Mariah. I can't rule her out of hurting Mariah if she had no care for her. She didn't even arrange for Mariah to be buried somewhere she could secretly visit, it was literally a disposal like rubbish.

Yes-- all of this. Perfectly stated.

I do not think a neighbor made up a story that he smashed his windows in order to settle a score.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

And it's not just the father's allegations - it's in the CPS report

Mariah's biological father, Alex Woods, said that he photographed some of the paperwork that Onslow County Child Protective Services (CPS) gave him on Friday, Dec. 1, about his two sons, ages five and 10

The documents go into detail about physical and sexual abuse allegedly committed by Kimrey, the boyfriend of Mariah's mother Kristy Woods, to Mariah and her two brothers.

The allegations include Kimrey hitting both of the brothers with a belt, which caused one of the boys to suffer a bloody nose.

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesm...s-before-murder-poEFQZYLik66birtiuswJw?full=1

The unverified documents dated Dec. 1 and released by Woods and Craft are reports after interviews done with Mariah’s two young brothers who, due to their ages, will not be named.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

attachment.php

Noticed that the 11/27 reporting party for Mariah has an address of 2404. That a misprint/reporting mistake? Or Did whoever called 911 do so from a neighbors phone/house?

11/28 says 2405....

The closure of the thread gave me time to put together my thoughts on everything, looking at all the various angles -

In the first week of the investigation -

1. around Tuesday one of the minors told what they knew, putting both adults in the frame.

2. around Wednesday/Thursday, whenever the Sheriff said they were cooperating, based on what the minor said and pressure from LE to come clean, KW *may have* said EK caused Mariah’s death and she was coerced into going along with the disposal and abduction story through threats of violence. The reason I don’t think she *may have* laid the blame on a minor, is the body disposal under duress from EK doesn’t make sense to me in that scenario and I think she would have a hard time explaining that. I don’t believe a selfish man like EK would pressure KW with violence to protect a minor – where’s his motivation? It’ll be very interesting to see if the autopsy lines up with what KW and EK say happened to Mariah.

3. around late Friday night LE arrested EK and now that KW admitted to the disposal, he admitted disposal but denied killing Mariah. He *may have* laid the blame on a minor. He hasn’t said this happened before Sunday night because he’s *possibly* steering clear of putting KW in the frame. He gave LE a general indication as to where he put Mariah's body during interrogation on the Saturday her body was found.

If he laid the blame on a minor there could be several reasons -

i. he thinks it may be believed because the minor may have anger issues
ii he wants to discredit everything the minor has to say about EK both in the incident and prior alleged abuse.
iii. he thinks minor can’t be prosecuted because of his age
iv. he doesn’t want to point the finger at KW because she has threatened to reveal his (alleged) SA of Mariah with battered wife defence for not putting a stop to it.
v. a minor did it – which I don’t believe.

I do not believe a minor killed Mariah. I think KW’s son is telling the truth for the reasons I put in post (#210), he exposed the lie of the abduction before anyone else when he was protected by that, the parts he didn’t know (who hit her and if she was dead) he didn’t try to fill in giving credence to him being an ear witness, and I think the adults would probably have made up a lie about how it happened, called an ambulance and not disposed of her body. The body told the story that they needed to hide and it is such an extreme reaction to a child’s death that it screams self-preservation to me. I don't think EK would have involved himself in the disposal of her body if a minor caused this, if the alleged SA is true he can only be blindly selfish.

Why I believe EK acting alone did not kill Mariah -

I don’t understand KW protecting EK if he killed Mariah. I don’t understand KW instigating the disposal of Mariah’s body. Her behaviour in not helping in the recovery of her body shows she didn’t want Mariah found. If EK threatened KW with violence why would she be the one instigating the disposal and why did she not draw on the protection of LE as soon as they showed up? Her young son seems to have felt safe and been brave enough to do that, even with a bloody nose.

So I’m leaning towards an eventual charge for the death against KW, or both KW and EK.

EK agreeing to dispose of Mariah’s body -

a. he killed Mariah, or
b. KW killed Mariah and secured his participation in the cover up by threatening to reveal (alleged) SA, or
c. they’re both responsible through negligence for Mariah’s death.

Time of death -

My early suspicion that Mariah had already died before that evening, is solidified now by LE still asking for sightings of the family in the days leading up to Sunday, unsatisfied by what they’ve been told by extended family, possibly because of the autopsy results, having been given a time of occurrence of the incident by everyone in the trailer and still not accepting it, and by my theory that the minor did not hear Mariah crying and merely guessed his sister was hit for them to be wanting to get rid of her (what a shocking detail for a child to absorb about his own mom). I believe KW knew that the minor heard her saying ‘get rid of her’ and planted the idea in the head of the minor that Mariah was crying and she told EK to handle it. I am more than a little dubious of a timeline where Mariah cries, is injured and KW instantly says ‘get rid of her’. That reaction would be far too quick to happen together as described.

I'm thinking her death occurred during the night on the eve of Thanksgiving, or KW may have decided not to go to Raleigh because EK’s ex was going to be there, so she stayed behind and it occurred between Thursday and Sunday while they were gone. KW went out there on the Sunday and picked them up.

The only thing that troubles me about that timeline would be the odour of decomposition. Did she move her to the shed in a suitcase?

Grandpa believes they all came back from Raleigh including Mariah because he automatically assumes if KW was there then Mariah would be too. It might not have occurred to him to ask if Mariah was with them if he has no suspicions that her death didn’t occur that night.

What could have happened around 11pm Nov 26[SUP]th [/SUP]–

The boys were in bed. The adults argue about what to do with Mariah’s body, the minor gets up to see what it’s about, he is punched as a warning to stay out of it. EK goes out at around midnight after the boys have settled, to look for a place and wait a few hours for a time when he won’t be seen. He goes to the abandoned house, steals the dressers just because they are there and KW wants some, and then at 3am he leaves to dispose of Mariah’s body.

Cause of death –

I think it could be ingestion of drugs or toxic substance. I didn’t think this initially but I can’t think if another cause of death was apparent why there is a delay which points to awaiting toxicology results.

From what KW said, trying to sift the lies from the truth, she did appear to have a visceral memory response to describing feeding Mariah and putting her to bed, I think it’s quite possible she fed her water to try and flush out what was in her system.

The investigation -

It’s interesting that the child was able to give the Maple Hill detail early in the week but KW still didn’t help LE with what she knew. I’ll bet she was thinking hard how she could explain that. It seems they had to coax this out of EK. Everything else in the minor’s account could still be explained by her counter-story of telling EK to handle Mariah. My guess is that to shift the focus of their search, LE couldn’t rely on something the child heard but wasn’t sure of. They needed KW/EK to confirm it. I really can’t believe KW didn’t ask EK where he put her, particularly as EK must have been telling someone for the child to hear.

I think there hasn’t been charge/s laid for her death yet because the admissions aren’t matching up. Both EK and KW would have had to disclose a cause of death to have been involved in her disposal. Requests for sightings also reveals doubt about their accounts. I hope KW and EK were kept apart during that week so they couldn’t align stories as it unfolded.

There could be truth in the SA allegation against EK if he’s not dobbing KW in it.

What a mess!!

Feel free to take it apart, put forward different views. The dynamics of an investigation and the family members is what keeps my interest.

I believe there is a cause of death. However, murder charges don’t usually come with the discovery of a body until the TOX reports come back. Anything less than a thorough investigation before murder charges will cause issues at trial and could be considered as jumping to conclusions in court. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members