Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
She'd have to have one H*ll of a hold on him, over something, if he wasn't involved. I'm trying to put myself in that position, in my mind, and I just can't see through it, in any way, shape, or form. Maybe he loved AW enough to risk it? I just cannot see my spouse doing something like that though, and he seems fairly fond of me. I fully believe he'd call 911, on me, right away.

I dunno, I think it all depends on how you were raised. I grew up in a very traditional Italian family in NJ, only one generation removed from immigrants. We were raised that where family is concerned you keep your mouth shut, circle the wagons and protect your family at all costs, even if it's the brother of your sister-in-law, you keep whatever to yourself and you NEVER help the police when it's family. Speaking against family, well, it simply isn't done.

My ex, he was a born and raised Baptist boy from Texas and his family had no loyalty to each other, they would turn each other in at the drop of a dime. I saw it first hand when his one sister had an active warrant out for DWI, his other sister found out where the felon sister was staying, she called the cops and told them where to find her.

Just a thought. Maybe Mariah was hurt by someone else, perhaps a sibling played too rough with her and she got really hurt. KW and EK, thinking it wasn't anything serious put the child down for a nap and she died. When they go to wake her they realize she is dead, they panic thinking EK, KW or both will be blamed so they concoct the story, EK dumps the body and they call the cops in the morning.

Just for the record, I do not think it went down like this BUT it is a possible scenario. Particularly the rough play that leads to serious injury. I cannot recall the boys name now but there was that case down in Florida where the boy killed the little girl his mother was babysitting by playing out a professional wrestling move on the girl. He caused her severe internal injuries that led to her death.

BBM
I agree, I don't think so either, but, it is a possibility. What would make a mother go to these lengths and talk a bf into helping? To save her other child (I'd say she loved her kids, but she wasn't a responsible mother). Also, the wrestling moves can be dangerous, as can the karate moves. Elder siblings don't realize that they can really hurt younger ones doing these moves. I don't know if anyone saw the videos on YouTube, I think it was called Dad of Five Pranks. I watched a couple of them, as it came to light, and thought that the littlest one wasn't going to survive if someone didn't hurry up, and step in. Thank Heaven they did.

I dunno, I think it all depends on how you were raised. I grew up in a very traditional Italian family in NJ, only one generation removed from immigrants. We were raised that where family is concerned you keep your mouth shut, circle the wagons and protect your family at all costs, even if it's the brother of your sister-in-law, you keep whatever to yourself and you NEVER help the police when it's family. Speaking against family, well, it simply isn't done.

My ex, he was a born and raised Baptist boy from Texas and his family had no loyalty to each other, they would turn each other in at the drop of a dime. I saw it first hand when his one sister had an active warrant out for DWI, his other sister found out where the felon sister was staying, she called the cops and told them where to find her.

Anyone know the educational psychology of this?

I dunno why I feel this way but EK does not strike me as the protector type. He was shacked up with KW and most likely unemployed and living off the child support KW received from AW would be my guess as to how they are surviving. Just a guess and a hunch

Do we know where she is?

Is it possible that she has 'signed' herself in to a psych treatment facility? I'm hoping one of the legal minds here could answer this for me. If KW is in treatment at this type of facility - they (Sheriff or law) cannot legally communicate with her?? Would she be somehow protected while there? TIA

Yes that could well be. I gather that KW probably knew Mariah was deceased but didn't know where EK went to dispose of the little girl's body?
Make no mistake she knew where her child was put. Whether she thought she might have drifted to a different location is a different matter. Grandpa knew and he wasn't in the trailer. So how did grandpa know? -

1. Grandson told him. But grandpa never told KW? It means grandson heard EK telling KW where he'd put her, or KW telling EK where to put her.
2. KW told him - this means she knew.
3. EK told him. But grandpa never told KW her boyfriend had confessed to him?

Her problem appears to be with telling the truth, nothing more nothing less.

She had deceived everybody that her child was kidnapped for 4 days, she had allowed hundreds of people to search fruitlessly using precious time, efforts and resources, she had accepted outpourings of support and sympathy; I'm not even sure she admitted she knew Mariah was deceased, she probably said she was injured and EK must have just taken off with her against her will. The following day they coordinated public searches and it wasn't until the Saturday after they had EK in custody they announced it was a recovery operation and shifted the focus of their search. I'm clear she was still lying about everything even when it was said she was cooperating. All she had told them was it wasn't an abduction.

Make no mistake she knew where her child was put. Whether she thought she might have drifted to a different location is a different matter. Grandpa knew and he wasn't in the trailer. So how did grandpa know? -

1. Grandson told him. But grandpa never told KW? It means grandson heard EK telling KW where he'd put her, or KW telling EK where to put her.
2. KW told him - this means she knew.
3. EK told him. But grandpa never told KW her boyfriend had confessed to him?

Her problem appears to be with telling the truth, nothing more nothing less.

She had deceived everybody that her child was kidnapped for 4 days, she had allowed hundreds of people to search fruitlessly using precious time, efforts and resources, she had accepted outpourings of support and sympathy; I'm not even sure she admitted she knew Mariah was deceased, she probably said she was injured and EK must have just taken off with her against her will. The following day they coordinated public searches and it wasn't until the Saturday after they had EK in custody they announced it was a recovery operation and shifted the focus of their search. I'm clear she was still lying about everything even when it was said she was cooperating. All she had told them was it wasn't an abduction.

For starters i think they are both liars.
So do you think she went along for the ride when EK put Mariah in the river? Or do you think he told her where he put Mariah, or she told him where to take her for disposal and that's what he did?
Everything is still a bit sketchy to me as to when exactly Mariah even died, so i don't know if that can be determined as to the how & when?

For starters i think they are both liars.
So do you think she went along for the ride when EK put Mariah in the river? Or do you think he told her where he put Mariah, or she told him where to take her for disposal and that's what he did?
Everything is still a bit sketchy to me as to when exactly Mariah even died, so i don't know if that can be determined as to the how & when?
I wouldn't imagine she went along for the ride, for one thing she probably stayed to make sure her sons didn't run off and tell anyone.

I can't guess whether he told her or she told him.

lol, at the moment I'm pondering the last bit in my previous post about Mariah being injured and her and EK agreeing to get rid of her. I don't think I've fully considered that scenario because there is so much that makes me think Mariah had died hours or days before 11pm that night

I've also got some other questions quietly simmering away in the back of my mind that I can't quite get a grip on. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm reading what someone else has written, get a lightbulb moment and by the time I've finished reading it's gone. Very annoying.

Wasn't it said her dad was a heavy drinker? Why would anyone tell a heavy drinker a secret? Again, unless she (they) needed his help.
Someone mentioned earlier that there is a grandpa and a step-grandpa (or grandma's live-in), and only one of these is the drinker. I don't know if this is the case or not, but it's possible that we are actually looking at two different men.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think folks believe that everyone is lying on EK, but mom is no winner either, and with the conditions in the household, I'm not sure who laid their hands on M and caused her to stop breathing. Leading up to that point, I think there's plenty of blame to go around, but someone is responsible for killing her, and I'm just not sure it was EK, but, I'm not sure it wasn't EK, either.
But another poster actually stated he wasn't sure EK was a violent person because everyone else with violent allegations could be lying. That's what I take issue with, the mental gymnastics we'd have to go through to believe that. We're talking about whether or not he has a propensity for violence, and therefore, whether or not he was capable of hurting her.

But another poster actually stated he wasn't sure EK was a violent person because everyone else with violent allegations could be lying. That's what I take issue with, the mental gymnastics we'd have to go through to believe that. We're talking about whether or not he has a propensity for violence, and therefore, whether or not he was capable of hurting her.

BBM, I would think EK definitely has the propensity for violence if he flogged the boy with a belt & with bruising, and whacked him in the face to give him a bloody nose.
I think KW does too have a temper if she tried to run her ex husband's partner down with a vehicle. They sound like two peas in a pod to me.

I wouldn't imagine she went along for the ride, for one thing she probably stayed to make sure her sons didn't run off and tell anyone.

I can't guess whether he told her or she told him.

lol, at the moment I'm pondering the last bit in my previous post about Mariah being injured and her and EK agreeing to get rid of her. I don't think I've fully considered that scenario because there is so much that makes me think Mariah had died hours or days before 11pm that night

I've also got some other questions quietly simmering away in the back of my mind that I can't quite get a grip on. Does this happen to anyone else? I'm reading what someone else has written, get a lightbulb moment and by the time I've finished reading it's gone. Very annoying.

Well if you're saying she knew where Mariah's body was placed someone had to tell her if she wasn't there to see exactly where EK put her.
And didn't the boys go to school the morning when they notified LE that Mariah was missing? So no problem there with the boys possibly telling at the school, she didn't keep them away from other people if in fact they went to school that day?

All that follows is speculation and MOO. I also believe that we are talking about two men, KW's father and her mom's boyfriend. My guess is that it was KW's father who talked to AW, most likely after he had talked to the boys. I think the boys overheard "over the bridge" which led to the early water searches. I don't think KW, EK or anyone gave up the actual location of the body. One the day of the recovery, LE was still looking at two possible locations, based I think on cell phone records and/or analysis of vehicle computers.

Because of EK's history and the accusations in the CPS report, I believe he was the direct cause of Mariah's death. As to why KW would allow ongoing abuse of her children and cover up Mariah's death, I think the answer is simple. She was just continuing to do what she had been doing all along, choosing her boyfriend over her children. Add to that, she didn't want to get in trouble herself. While it's possible that EK was also abusing KW, I've read nothing that leads me to that conclusion.

All that follows is speculation and MOO. I also believe that we are talking about two men, KW's father and her mom's boyfriend. My guess is that it was KW's father who talked to AW, most likely after he had talked to the boys. I think the boys overheard "over the bridge" which led to the early water searches. I don't think KW, EK or anyone gave up the actual location of the body. One the day of the recovery, LE was still looking at two possible locations, based I think on cell phone records and/or analysis of vehicle computers.

Because of EK's history and the accusations in the CPS report, I believe he was the direct cause of Mariah's death. As to why KW would allow ongoing abuse of her children and cover up Mariah's death, I think the answer is simple. She was just continuing to do what she had been doing all along, choosing her boyfriend over her children. Add to that, she didn't want to get in trouble herself. While it's possible that EK was also abusing KW, I've read nothing that leads me to that conclusion.

It's a guess, but I go with the bio grandad being the one with the info since KW's mother didn't have a good relationship with AW it seems stepgramps wouldn't either. Also, during the NG show he was called KW's father not step father.

"The boys were placed in the care of their grandmother, Kristy Woods’ mother, on Nov. 27, according to the documents, and the grandmother, whose relationship with Alex Woods is allegedly “volatile,” was told to be the sole caregiver of the boys due to concerns over the grandfather’s drinking habits."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

That's a misdemeanor "assault" against a cop. More than likely EK said something that hurt the cops feelings and the cop decided to hit him with "assault." Cops do this sort of thing all the time, struggle while getting arrested? Ooops...sorry, now you've got resisting arrest. WHoa whoa...you mouthed off to me? NOW, you're getting hit with disorderly conduct. Spitting in a drunken rage in the general direction of a cop will result in an assault against a cop charge. Add to that it's only a misdemeanor assault, if it was an actual violent assault it would have been charged as a felony. I just don't buy that as evidence of his violent streak.

Or the fact that very often, cops deal with low lifes on a regular basis, and misdemeanor assault is a valid charge. Keep in mind that no one calls the police when things are going well! Some people who get arrested deserve to get arrested. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, my facts are based on ubiquitous public reports of police behavior across the country. It's a well known behavior of beat cops to stack minor charges in order to increase penalties, especially when they are dealing with those of low socioeconomic classes.

Can you please provide the reports?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here. So....mom saw MW at 11;00, EK saw her at midnight. LE says EK stole the dressers between 11:00 and 3:30 a.m. I'm thinking we can throw out the 11:00 and midnight stories.

Between 11:00 and 3:30am is a long time. The house where he stole the dressers is just around the corner from where they lived. He could have stolen the dressers in 30 to 45 minutes time and that includes loading and unloading. I do think LE may not be buying their stories 100% by including the 11 to 12 times, though.

I wonder if he initially thought of hiding her in that abandoned house but he changed his mind. He saw the dressers and brought them home because they could use them.

JMO/thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ek and kw are equally heartless..they let hundreds of searchers and LE tramp thru the elements for days looking for a precious child they both knew was at the bottom of a creek. I wouldn't put anything past either one of them and IMOO they both should be charged.

I agree. Just the way KW described 'puting Mariah to bed' is chilling, her fake Susan Smith tears,who many of us could see right through from the git go.
LE has to be sure to have an airtight case before taking action, nobody wants to see those responsible walk. Like With Kaylee Anthony.

BBM
She'd have to have one H*ll of a hold on him, over something, if he wasn't involved. I'm trying to put myself in that position, in my mind, and I just can't see through it, in any way, shape, or form. Maybe he loved AW enough to risk it? I just cannot see my spouse doing something like that though, and he seems fairly fond of me. I fully believe he'd call 911, on me, right away.

BBM

So sorry, I don't mean to be picky-picky, but I'm sort of confused by the part I bolded.

I admit I have some trouble keeping all the different initials clear, at times.

I'm thinking though that AW is Alex Wood? Am I correct then in assuming this is a typo? That you meant KW?

( If so, don't feel bad. I do it all the time! )

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member