GUILTY FL - Jordan Cooper, 25, found deceased, Keystone Heights, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

but she was never diagnosed, so any regulation about her living alone goes out the window I'd imagine.

If she was never diagnosed, then where is the information that she has the mentality of a young teenager coming from? Someone who knows her? A parent? The grandparents? I'm just at a loss if she really has mental challenges, she was allowed to live alone by her father and his parents, since obviously the mother once lived in the house and moved out?

If she was never diagnosed, then where is the information that she has the mentality of a young teenager coming from? Someone who knows her? A parent? The grandparents? I'm just at a loss if she really has mental challenges, she was allowed to live alone by her father and his parents, since obviously the mother once lived in the house and moved out?
Have we heard in the news a mention of a sibling or siblings?

rsbm

The body was found in a "very concealed" area of the home, Daniels said.

Rsbm

"The only thing I was thinking is if police searched the house when they started, why didn’t they find her the first time?" Grill said.

I'm wondering maybe because they did an initial look without a warrant that wasn't as detailed, then they were able to maybe come back later and search more thoroughly with a warrant in hand?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/police-body-found-in-jordan-coopers-home-during-search-police-cant-yet-confirm-identity/498302123

"Though she was never officially diagnosed, they say she had a developmental disorder and had the mental capacity of a 13-year-old."

It is not perfectly clear from the article who they are.

Why no mention of the parents?

“We understand that the community wants answers, we do, and the family wants answers as well, but they do not know any more than the community knows at this point,” the family friend said.

The family friend did say that Cooper lived alone, but couldn’t comment about the area of the home she was found in.
We’re told the family is asking for space as they work with detectives in Clay County to learn more about how Cooper died.
“Jordan’s cousins are hurting, the grandparents are hurting, everyone is consumed with grief because they don’t know what happened yet,” said the family friend.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...body-found-in-keystone-heights-home/662488826

The I-TEAM was told the attic where Cooper was found was in a room above the garage of the Keystone Heights home where Cooper lived. A search of property records shows the home is owned by Jordan Cooper's mother, Dawn Renee Cooper.

Deputies said Cooper was last seen Nov. 25. Sources tell the I-TEAM she was reported missing around Nov. 28 by her mother, who had posted Facebook messages on Nov. 26 and Nov. 27 asking anyone who knew her daughter to help find her.

Sources told the I-TEAM that Jordan Cooper’s mother is the one who returned to the house on Saturday and reported a foul odor to authorities, which led them to search the home again and find Cooper's body,...

https://www.news4jax.com/news/inves...ng-details-in-death-of-keystone-heights-woman

BBM. I'm sorry, but if my daughter is missing, no way would I leave that house (other than to help search) until she returned. MOO

Sources told News4Jax that detectives could not visibly see any signs of Cooper’s body through the insulation because of how well the body was encased, saying what eventually led them to Cooper’s body was the odor.
Deputies said Cooper was last seen Nov. 25. Sources tell the I-TEAM she was reported missing around Nov. 28 by her mother, who had posted Facebook messages on Nov. 26 and Nov. 27 asking anyone who knew her daughter to help find her.
After Cooper was reported missing to the Sheriff's Office, deputies asked media outlets to help get the word out to the community as they searched for Cooper.
Sources said that shortly after reporting her daughter missing, Dawn Renee Cooper left the home and went and stayed with her boyfriend as the search unfolded.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/inves...ng-details-in-death-of-keystone-heights-woman

Jordan's parents are divorced.
Sources said that shortly after reporting her daughter missing, Dawn Renee Cooper left the home and went and stayed with her boyfriend as the search unfolded.

So from the 26th via facebook postings, Jordan's mom let people know she was missing and it wasn't for another 2 days that someone went to the authorities. No one has ever said that Jordan left home for periods of time. Most people say she was reclusive and shy when describing her.
Another thought: A monster who comes in to rape and/or harm someone wouldn't take the time to conceal a body. At least not that I've ever heard of.
And if my child was missing, I'd be screaming and in front of the media and the community. I'd use any and all tools available. And I'd be searching everywhere.

So from the 26th via facebook postings, Jordan's mom let people know she was missing and it wasn't for another 2 days that someone went to the authorities. No one has ever said that Jordan left home for periods of time. Most people say she was reclusive and shy when describing her.
Another thought: A monster who comes in to rape and/or harm someone wouldn't take the time to conceal a body. At least not that I've ever heard of.
And if my child was missing, I'd be screaming and in front of the media and the community. I'd use any and all tools available. And I'd be searching everywhere.
Heck yeah!

Do we know who reported seeing her walking? I'm in full agreement, I don't believe a stranger would take the time or effort to conceal her body (especially given that they would've needed to carry her up a flight of stairs - unless her death occurred in the attic). MOO

So, when it is reported that Jordan was encased in insulation are they describing a foam insulation that then "hardened" around her body? That would explain why they couldn't immediately identify her.

Interesting. My interpretation was that it would've been between wall studs behind fiberglass insulation. Seems like the foam insulation would've required a little more planning. MOO

So, when it is reported that Jordan was encased in insulation are they describing a foam insulation that then "hardened" around her body? That would explain why they couldn't immediately identify her.

Do we know anything of the boyfriend? Why did it take so long to report her missing? Why did they have to use dental records to identify her? So many questions and someone there has the answers. MOO

After Cooper was reported missing to the Sheriff's Office, deputies asked media outlets to help get the word out to the community as they searched for Cooper.
The Clay County Sheriff’s Office called in assistance from neighboring agencies and used helicopters and K-9 teams as they searched the woods of Little Rain Lake Park for the missing woman.
The search was scaled back last week, as deputies said they were concentrating on following any leads called in about Cooper's disappearance.
Sources told the I-TEAM that Jordan Cooper’s mother is the one who returned to the house on Saturday and reported a foul odor to authorities, which led them to search the home again and find Cooper's body, which was positively identified through dental records.
Cooper’s mother took to Facebook on Monday after her daughter's remains were positively identified, writing in part:
“I’m very thankful to have so many people who care and are concerned… I have NO answers to anything right now. I will be spending my time concentrating on taking care of Jordan one LAST time in her PRECIOUS LIFE. I will no longer be able to SEE her or HOLD her to say GOODBYE. So, I ask all of you out of RESPECT for HER to continue to pray and remember her the way she was, LOVING, CARING, KINDHEARTED, even to people that weren’t. There is NO LOVE like a MOTHER’S LOVE and when something that PRECIOUS is taken from you it makes a part of you NO longer COMPLETE inside. But she now has her ANGEL WINGS and is FREE to fly... I LOVE YOU JORDAN and I will NEVER leave you. I will FOREVER be with you in your hear. LOVE YOUR MOM!!!”​

Well they found Jordan in the attic over the garage. I've only seen the garage in news photos because the day I went searching there was a truck parked in front and I didn't enter the yard. But it has been enclosed and there is no longer a garage door. I think there is a window IIRC. Most homes around here have small attics with a pull down ladder for entry in the garage ceiling. The ladder then folds back into the hatch door for closing. I haven't checked the Clay County Clerk of Courts for the permit to see when the garage was enclosed yet. The home looks like the typical ranch that's ubiquitous in the area. Most have the old fiberglass/foil unless there's been blown in insulation. So I guess I really don't know the answer to the insulation question.

One of the things my husband found odd was that the media reported that Jordan's mom left to stay with her boyfriend while Jordan was missing. If one of our children was missing, we would not leave the house mainly because we would want to be there the moment they returned. And especially if they were vulnerable. The boyfriend's name has not been mentioned in MSM.

There are so many upsetting things about this case.

And why no news appearances asking for tips and leads to find out who killed your child?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back