Found Alive OH - A. C., 14, Barberton, 4 Dec 2017

Has Mom done any other media interviews other than the short one not long after AC was reported missing?

I’ll alert a mod to delete the comment unless I become a VI. My family contact now has a warrant for filing a false police report, so...she’s been difficult to get in touch with today.

This case has so many disturbing twists and turns. I hope people don’t focus so much on the mother that they forget a vulnerable 14 year old is missing and likely in danger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you are in touch with a mod or Tricia to get verified?

Don’t worry, A. has not been forgotten. The reason we are focused on the Mom right now is that there are no clues about where LJ and her daughter are...according to the marshall on Ashley Banfield...and the mom is the one who put her in that position and gave them a two hour headstart. Not to mention four days of lying to LE. The mom can throw mud on her aunt and LJ’s sister (?) all she wants, but the focus is on the mom only because of her own very suspicious actions. From now on, anything she says will be viewed as a possible lie. She has lost all credibility. Sorry, I’m sure you love her, but this is reality. :(
JMO

How common is it that LE say - we're going to arrest you tomorrow - instead of showing up and arresting them as soon as they have the warrant?

The marshall indicated that they expected her to turn herself in. I doubt they’d give that info out if she was a violent criminal. This is a misdemeanor.

What infuriates me about this case is all of the signs that appeared to be ignored, not just by mom, but the extended family as well. I think mom was okay with AC seeing LJ and may have felt like she was controlling the situation by allowing them to meet. After losing her to LJ for 2 months, this may have been a compromise on her part to keep AC from running away. Mom and dad have been on again/off again and possibly dad didn't know about the arrangement or didn't want AC around LJ, hence the original fake story eliminating mom from having any involvement. AC hasn't updated her FB or Instagram since last spring, so safe to say, she has a fake account that she has been using to correspond with LJ. But LJ's FB is very telling, leading up to AC's disappearance and how did mom and the family not see any of this coming? On 11/28, he posts and then shares:

It's time to make some serious changes in my life for the people that I Love that I have sworn to protect! The crazy part is upon reflection I have done much more for much less. At least this time in this instance I have a truly righteous reason the fight. I love you and I will not abandon you not only am I ready to die for you l will gladly live through the pain!$!$!$

Then a pic of $2,000 or so in cash on 12/1, followed by more cryptic posts. I hope LE is honing in all of the family members that liked these posts and not only knew of their relationship, but appear to have encouraged it. All MOO, of course.

https://www.facebook.com/lou.jakab

ETA: This posted on his FB Intro, did anyone question that the A was A.??: "
Extremely full of life outgoing person that will not suffer DISRESPECT ANY MORE, LOVE YA ,A!"

Someone here probably knows better than I do. I took it to mean mom had turned herself in to avoid being arrested. MOO

A bench warrant recall is a reversal of authorization to make an arrest. Usually, once the warrant is paid or a court appointment is reserved, the court will recall the warrant to avoid an arrest. In the case of many bench warrants, if a person retains an attorney before he or she is picked up or arrested, the defense attorney can usually prevail upon the court to recall the bench warrant and permit the attorney to make an appearance for the defendant.

https://definitions.uslegal.com/b/bench-warrant-recall/

I wish she hadn't been homeschooled--I think her teachers would have alerted authorities to things being a problem much before she went missing last week. It seems like she didn't used to be homeschooled because she posted some things on SM about her friends making fun of her for needing extra help.

Do we know what mom does for a living?

It’s not good [emoji174]

What’s not good? Do you have more info you can’t share yet? I am really worried. Now, even more than before. Praying ....

I wish she hadn't been homeschooled--I think her teachers would have alerted authorities to things being a problem much before she went missing last week. It seems like she didn't used to be homeschooled because she posted some things on SM about her friends making fun of her for needing extra help.

I noticed a lot of times (not always) when a child is homeschooled there are issues in the family.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I noticed a lot of times (not always) when a child is homeschooled there are issues in the family.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's not true, at all.

People can and do use "homeschooling" as a guise to mistreat others. Just like they use being a preacher, coach, police officer, doctor, etc. There will always be people who use a convenient and believable facade, to hide what they are doing. Most homeschooling families are actually doing what they are supposed to be doing...schooling their child. And there are a plethora of reasons people choose to do so. There will always be the bad eggs who keep their kids home for nefarious reasons. (And I'm not going to even get into the thousands of public and private schooled children who suffer abuse that's never noticed or reported.)

My question, is what type of documentation was happening? Looking at Ohio homeschool laws, there has to be a notification of intent to homeschool each year, provide 900 hours of schooling, and provide a mandatory assessment or standardized test scores. I wonder if any of this was happening and if not, who was responsible for checking in on the situation. Lots of questions. This case is so strange. I hope she is found soon. This is a terrifying one. :(

That's not true, at all.

People can and do use "homeschooling" as a guise to mistreat others. Just like they use being a preacher, coach, police officer, doctor, etc. There will always be people who use a convenient and believable facade, to hide what they are doing. Most homeschooling families are actually doing what they are supposed to be doing...schooling their child. And there are a plethora of reasons people choose to do so. There will always be the bad eggs who keep their kids home for nefarious reasons. (And I'm not going to even get into the thousands of public and private schooled children who suffer abuse that's never noticed or reported.)

My question, is what type of documentation was happening? Looking at Ohio homeschool laws, there has to be a notification of intent to homeschool each year, provide 900 hours of schooling, and provide a mandatory assessment or standardized test scores. I wonder if any of this was happening and if not, who was responsible for checking in on the situation. Lots of questions. This case is so strange. I hope she is found soon. This is a terrifying one. :(

OT—Good balanced post. All very true. And if she was being bullied in school, as her mom posted when A. was 10, that is sometimes the best solution. I’m not sure when she started homeschooling though. I hope we can not debate the subject. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...64757846.76908.100000502415825&type=3&theater

I homeschool in Virginia, after some problems with academics for two of our kids who were not given the necessary support and violence against our oldest child in public school and administrators who would do nothing about the bullying and violence. Here we have a requirement of 180 days, to submit a Notice of Intent and standardized testing or professional portfolio evaluation. My independent city with a population of ~25,000 has a homeschool coordinator at the superintendent’s office so I submit our paperwork to him. IIRC if no proof of progress is submitted or their scores are under the 4th stanine, parents are required to work with the coordinator and put in place a remediation plan.

That's not your decision to make, is her and her parents choice . Also there are thousands of kids nation wide that are being bullied daily and even committing suicide because of it and the school system is not doing anything about it.

Let's focus on the matter at hand.

OT—Good balanced post. All very true. And if she was being bullied in school, as her mom posted when A. was 10, that is sometimes the best solution. I’m not sure when she started homeschooling though. I hope we can not debate the subject. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...64757846.76908.100000502415825&type=3&theater

Since A. said she was being teased by her friends for needing extra help in the spring of 2017, that suggests to me that her homeschooling started this year. In that case, I'm assuming much of that might not be on file yet since we're not even through the first semester. I could be completely wrong in my assumption though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back