Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCormack was also a dedicated member of North Bondi Surf Life Saving Club and was heavily involved in their Nippers program.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/a-current-affairs-ben-mccormack-ordered-to-stay-away-from-children-as-part-of-his-bail-conditions-20170407-gvge2f.html

i wonder why he was so lenient on Ben? Supposedly he (Ben) hadn't made contact with children yet was a nipper "volunteer" ...

https://sls.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/FINALISTS-2016.pdf

north bondi - ouch

I was a Nippers mum .. sat on the beach during Nippers all summer long for years, making sure my daughter was okay. The Nippers instructors cannot touch the Nippers, not one little bit. They are heavily scrutinised, and police checked. At least in our club they were. And they were aware of that.

There were no specific victims in McCormack's case. Transmission of (illegal) fantasies over public carrier systems. No exchange of photos. He lost his job, his standing, his livelihood, his reputation, pretty much everything.

Judge Conlon is known as the victims judge. He goes hard on the perpetrators of any crimes, especially against children. But there were no specific children in McCormack's case. Verbalised fantasies. McCormack, apparently, had tried hard not to act out on the fantasies ... so far. And since has tried to commit suicide twice.

No sympathy from me, just the explanation that is found in the excellent links that Bohemian provided.

If Spedding goes down for his alleged crimes against the two girls (and I think he will, the girls are not idiots, they know who perpetrated these specific horrific crimes against them .. especially the older girl ... it is something they would not forget imo), and if he has Judge Conlon as the presiding judge, Spedding is going to go down hard. Be kept away from children for the rest of his life, I would think.

Then there are the additional alleged crimes against children yet to be put on the court agenda.

in response to the previous post from SA

yes, I know this already. No sympathy from me either. What's the point of trying to moralise him, in stating that he's stayed away from kids, when clearly hasn't. Doesn't mean that he touched any kid - but i think he made mention of their "beautiful" bodies... purely working in a vulnerable environment for viewing don't you think - touch or no touch?

yes, I know this already. No sympathy from me either. What's the point of trying to moralise him, in stating that he's stayed away from kids, when clearly hasn't. Doesn't mean that he touched any kid - but i think he made mention of their "beautiful" bodies... purely working in a vulnerable environment for viewing don't you think - touch or no touch?

Did you feel he was being moralised? I didn't get that impression. I took the explanation as just that .. an explanation for why he could not be incarcerated, according to the law.

I was a Nippers mum .. sat on the beach during Nippers all summer long for years, making sure my daughter was okay. The Nippers instructors cannot touch the Nippers, not one little bit. They are heavily scrutinised, and police checked. At least in our club they were. And they were aware of that.

There were no specific victims in McCormack's case. Transmission of (illegal) fantasies over public carrier systems. No exchange of photos. He lost his job, his standing, his livelihood, his reputation, pretty much everything.

Judge Conlon is known as the victims judge. He goes hard on the perpetrators of any crimes, especially against children. But there were no specific children in McCormack's case. Verbalised fantasies. McCormack, apparently, had tried hard not to act out on the fantasies ... so far. And since has tried to commit suicide twice.

No sympathy from me, just the explanation that is found in the excellent links that Bohemian provided.

I hear you SA. Same for my family. I wonder if he was a former Nipper/Junior Surf Lifesaver so that’s why he was accepted as a ‘volunteer’?

I hear you SA. Same for my family. I wonder if he was a former Nipper/Junior Surf Lifesaver so that’s why he was accepted as a ‘volunteer’?

Maybe. One of iailwa's links said he was an SLSA Assessor at North Bondi (assessor of the 2016 year, no less). And assessors have to be at least a Level 3 official... so he had certainly been involved in SLS for a while, and had undergone the relevant training.

https://sls.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/FINALISTS-2016.pdf

Another Nippers mum here :) - just wanted to add that Police Checks, Child Checks etc are absolutely useless if they don't have a record.

Still so confused by this mystery, more than 3 years on. Official campaign has not posted on FB since the 3rd anniversary, approx. 3 months ago. Since the campaign began, they have posted at least monthly, and have not replied to inquiries of when they might recommence posting, to maintain the momentum they have created for their campaign. Anyone seen the Where's William posters at Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide airports or over 100 other selected locations?

Still so confused by this mystery, more than 3 years on. Official campaign has not posted on FB since the 3rd anniversary, approx. 3 months ago. Since the campaign began, they have posted at least monthly, and have not replied to inquiries of when they might recommence posting, to maintain the momentum they have created for their campaign. Anyone seen the Where's William posters at Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide airports or over 100 other selected locations?

I’ve noticed that too. It is stated that they are unable to interact with users on the FB page:

https://m.facebook.com/pg/whereswilliam/about/?mt_nav=1

I haven’t seen any billboards, etc.

Thanks, I have contacted them through their contact form but no response.

Did you feel he was being moralised? I didn't get that impression. I took the explanation as just that .. an explanation for why he could not be incarcerated, according to the law.

yer, i do, cause the judge specifically said he made attempts to stay away from children...

:wagon: serenanicole. Because of the nature of this case, there are many tangents, research, 6 degrees of separation and theorising that goes on between members that are efforts to support finding out what has happened to WT.

We are here on this thread for William I thought?

yes there are many tangents, if you hang around a while you will notice it always comes back to William. I think i have been here maybe 8 months, so not long compared to many others. Sometimes, due to the length of the investigation, and matters discussed so many times, tangents pop up & sometimes they help to keep this forum active. Again, WT is the main focus & it always goes back to little william :)

:wagon: serenanicole. Because of the nature of this case, there are many tangents, research, 6 degrees of separation and theorising that goes on between members that are efforts to support finding out what has happened to WT.

Yes ... anything that helps us figure out how the despicable perpetrators of these types of crime work, what makes them tick, their outlets, their methods, the outcomes ... anything at all to figure out what happened to William, with the limited knowledge we have, and whether the perp is this type of person, or not.

This little boy needs to be found. His family need some peace. The perp(s) needs to be behind bars.

Twenty-seven threads and over 3 years later .... the truth needs to come out.

Thankyou SA, for your (IMO) very honest & well articulated commons

Hello all! I needed to take a very long break because it all just wears one down after a while...been checking on updates for William from afar...I cannot believe there has really been no significant updates :(

Hope you all have been well! XO

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members