MI MI - Tanner Lucas, Alexander William, & Andrew Ryan Skelton, Morenci, 26 Nov 2010 #7

One thing that makes me think that it may not be the Morenci boys is the way the father got checked into a hospital in Ohio and talked about going to Florida. If he harmed the boys right around the time he ended up in the hospital then it does seem to be very far away from Montana so not sure how remains would ever end up there.

The hospital admission makes sense because Michigan, Ohio, and Florida are basically in a straight line. The Montana location does not make any sense right now which leads me to think maybe not related.

I guess over time things could have been moved around or given to someone and ended up being moved at a later date too. I think I read the father had done long haul trucking too.

Not enough information yet to know if its related or not. I sure hope LE is able to get DNA and find out more about the remains.

IIRC, Mr. Skelton tried to hang himself and was admitted to a hospital psychiatric ward. I wondered at the time why JS tried to kill himself and figured it was due to guilt over having given his boys away or having murdered his three sons.

Skelton claimed to have given his sons to "an underground group" that would protect them. Maybe the so-called underground group aided Skelton in getting rid of the boys permanently. :moo:

An informal resident of the rental house in Missoula has been incarcerated several times on charges of, among other things, burglary, and is currently in custody again (as of about four months ago) in Missoula after another burglary/car theft. So, who knows? He might have grabbed the box from somebody else's house and hauled it home.

Or it could have been in there for years, or placed there by another person.
So many possibilities.

What are the odds that is isn't them. It would be an huge uncanny coincidence....

Montana though?! Sounds to me like dad had help......

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

...or he was just smart enough to dispose of the remains far enough away to avoid detection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...or he was just smart enough to dispose of the remains far enough away to avoid detection.

He was nailed down by police pretty fast, (the day the boys went missing actually)...without help, I just was not possible to go to Montana and back in that time frame...he could not have flown.....and the tenant where they found the box...they must know.....

I'm wondering if he buried the boys near the Michigan Ohio border and were later moved by another individual.

I live close to where this happened and it was all over the news for weeks. An absolute nightmare...I had to hold back tears every time I seen their faces on the news :(

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

While I would love for these precious boys to be found (this case brought me to WS), I am doubtful that it is them. The police knew JS was in Ohio that morning (toll road camera, and I want to say it was only a few hours).

The only way this is Tanner, Alexander and Andrew is if someone moved their remains or JS actually did give them to someone, alive, who smuggled them out of the state. I always thought that was highly improbable but this development has made me think about it more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone else also said it could be the Beaumont or Sodder kids..

Hopefully we'll see who they are
It's the wrong continent for the Beaumont kids, and experts believe that the bones are more recent. The disappearance of the Sodder children is something of an urban legend; all meaningful evidence points to their having perished in the house fire.
Yes and with their being 3 sets of remains that really helps LE limit it to only certain cases. If they are able to tell sex from the bones then that will really limit it down.
You can't assume that the three victims have been reported missing. The Bear Brook murders committed by Terry Peder Rasmussen serve as an example of domestic violence murders that (apparently) did not lead to any missing-person reports.
IIRC, Mr. Skelton tried to hang himself and was admitted to a hospital psychiatric ward. I wondered at the time why JS tried to kill himself and figured it was due to guilt over having given his boys away or having murdered his three sons.

Skelton claimed to have given his sons to "an underground group" that would protect them. Maybe the so-called underground group aided Skelton in getting rid of the boys permanently. :moo:
The story about giving the boys away was a transparent cover story; it was obvious from day one that he had murdered the boys. I have never considered the story a possibility.

He was nailed down by police pretty fast, (the day the boys went missing actually)...without help, I just was not possible to go to Montana and back in that time frame...he could not have flown.....and the tenant where they found the box...they must know.....

I'm wondering if he buried the boys near the Michigan Ohio border and were later moved by another individual.

I live close to where this happened and it was all over the news for weeks. An absolute nightmare...I had to hold back tears every time I seen their faces on the news :(
I can envision a situation where Skelton feared the bodies would be found and persuaded a fellow inmate about to be released to move the bodies for him, but I'd put the odds at something like one in one-hundred thousand.
While I would love for these precious boys to be found (this case brought me to WS), I am doubtful that it is them. The police knew JS was in Ohio that morning (toll road camera, and I want to say it was only a few hours).

The only way this is Tanner, Alexander and Andrew is if someone moved their remains or JS actually did give them to someone, alive, who smuggled them out of the state. I always thought that was highly improbable but this development has made me think about it more.
I am totally convinced that the boys were dead before Skelton left his house with them. That's why I will be extremely surprised if the skeletons turn out to be those of the Skelton boys; it would mean that Skelton got someone else to move their dead bodies for him.

Were the bones complete sets, just a few bones, or burnt? Wouldn't they have said skulls or teeth?
It would be interesting to know the size and what kind of box the remains were found in? A wooden or metal box? A mailing package box? Different type boxes can hold stains, odors, etc.

There has to be some sort of connection we don't know about that have LE thinking that these remains could be the Skelton boy's. JMO

If there were rocks in there too it kind of sounds like a grave was dug up.
Maybe someone was going to blackmail someone else.
I don't have high hopes it's the Skelton boys though.

It may be difficult to identify with that small amount of bones.
The sex deciding bones don't appear to be there.... hopefully they can pull DNA.

After an Amber Alert was issued for the missing children Nov. 27, Skelton told investigators he had given his children to a woman named Joanne Taylor whom he had met four or five years earlier. He said he intended to kill himself and did not want the children present.
“That story changed, however,” Judge Noe noted, “as in on Jan 17, 2011, John Skelton said that on November first, 2010, he met a man named Virgil in Niles, Michigan.”
Skelton told the man that he did not want his wife to take his children. Virgil said he would try to help.
Within a week, Skelton said, he found a manilla envelope in his mailbox with papers and business cards for United Foster Outreach, and a phone. Skelton said Virgil took some of those items later and Skelton burned other items.
“John Skelton links Virgil to Joanne Taylor,” Judge Noe said. “He adds another person named Elijah and another named Sue, and two children, Alex and Mary.

<modsnip>

https://statelineobserver.com/stori...es-versions-of-john-skeltons-stories-20110811 [/FONT][/COLOR]

Police look to Montana for possible lead in case of missing Morenci boys

Michigan State Police have requested more information from police in Montana after the recent discovery of a box containing human remains from children believed to be the same age as three boys who went missing from Morenci, Mich. in 2010.

Officials believe the bones &#8212; found Sept. 27 at a rental house in Missoula &#8212; are from three children who were between 2 and 4, 5 and 8, and 6 and 10 at the time of their deaths, according to a search warrant application filed in Montana&#8217;s Missoula County...

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-F...or-possible-lead-in-case-of-missing-boys.html

The picture on this article says TEETH and BONES were found, it shouldn't be too long before we know whos remains they are :(

Wow what a strange story in regard to the father’s various stories...

Wow what a strange story in regard to the father’s various stories...
Sociopaths are pathological liars, but they don't always have a good sense of what lies other people will believe. With his changing stories, he was searching for a lie that he could sell. The truth is much simpler: he murdered the boys and then disposed of their bodies.
Constantly changing his story is typical sociopathic behavior and not even remotely surprising.

Sociopaths are pathological liars, but they don't always have a good sense of what lies other people will believe. With his changing stories, he was searching for a lie that he could sell. The truth is much simpler: he murdered the boys and then disposed of their bodies.
Constantly changing his story is typical sociopathic behavior and not even remotely surprising.

BBM Good point.

I remember when this first happened..it is the case that sparked my interest in MP cases. I remember our community keeping our front porch lights on and pictures of lit candles on our SM pages for these 3 boys. It breaks my heart every time I see pictures of these sweet, innocent boys.
475C5B1000000578-5183241-image-a-25_1513346367719.jpg

Michigan State Police: DNA comparison to missing Skelton brothers could take months
Remains found in shed in Montana

By COREY WILLIAMS, Associated Press

DETROIT - It could take months before DNA from the remains of three children found in Montana can be compared with DNA in the 2010 disappearance of three Michigan brothers due to a backlog of cases awaiting DNA testing, Michigan state police said Friday.

Once available, the results will be compared with DNA collected in the case of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton. The boys were 9, 7 and 5 when they were last seen at their father's southern Michigan home in November 2010...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...to-missing-skelton-brothers-could-take-months

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAGEWITHRAGE
Back