OK - Five Bever family members slain in their Broken Arrow home, 22 July 2015 *Guilty*

We still don't know the extent of what was or wasn't going on in that household. We don't know if there was a few isolated instances of physical abuse and some parental criticisms that could be taken as (bbm) verbal abuse. We have heard a lot about the children being kept quite isolated.

The point I was making was that there must not have been abuse enough for his attorney to find reason to defend Robert or appeal to a jury for a lighter sentence.

I'm not saying I know what was going on in that home that caused these two brothers to have such sick, violent plans. I would think there was also love in the household, but they didn't hesitate over the love. They wanted to massacre their entire family and once they had their freedom they wanted to start killing strangers. Nothing justifies what they decided to do, IMO. Their little siblings certainly didn't deserve to be brutally killed.

It's a mystery to me how the parents didn't see what a seriously evil situation was brewing in their two sons' minds despite all the time the whole family spent together isolated in that house.

Prayers to the two surviving sisters. Prayers to Broken Arrow that they get a park that will be a healing place from all the sorrow we have all felt over this case.

The irony has not escaped me (Forgive me if I've already mentioned this). Apparently the parents kept the children isolated to protect them from evil in the world. If that was their thinking, it's interesting to note that isolation from the rest of the world didn't protect the household from evil. It lurked within and engulfed them.

MOO

The Bever house is no longer. Here is a photo of the lot. The city owns the lot now, so maybe work on the park will start soon.

beverlot.jpg

Do we know if Autumn and Crystal were placed together? I heard mention of foster parents but that's it...

Do we know if Autumn and Crystal were placed together? I heard mention of foster parents but that's it...

I know that they are both in foster homes, but I don't know if they are together. Everyone is very tight-lipped about where they are or if they are in the same home.

I did find it odd that no family members from either side of the family, or even friends volunteered to take the children in.

I know that they are both in foster homes, but I don't know if they are together. Everyone is very tight-lipped about where they are or if they are in the same home.

I did find it odd that no family members from either side of the family, or even friends volunteered to take the children in.

Foster home could still mean family or friends....

Foster home could still mean family or friends....

It could, but not in this case. I've heard they are in very good care, though.

Neighbors have taken care of the upkeep of the front and backyard for 2 years. One of the neighbors also took in their little dog in case the girls wanted the dog, but she never heard anything back, so she just kept her.

Broken Arrow teen charged in familicide case uncooperative during psych evaluation, DA says

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/teen-facing-murder-trial-in-slayings-of-his-broken-arrow/article_0d976aaf-5393-521f-9bd3-983d8ed6454e.html

The document says the Tulsa County Public Defender’s Office provided the state a copy of a psychological report from Dr. Terese Hall on May 22, which prompted prosecutors to retain Dr. Shawn Roberson so he could conduct his own inquiry with Bever.

“Although the defendant communicated with Dr. Roberson about various aspects of his evaluation, the defendant refused to communicate specifically with Dr. Roberson about the facts surrounding the alleged crimes,” Kunzweiler wrote in his motion.

He went on to say it is essential for the state to have Roberson examine Bever because not doing so could have a negative impact on how he is prosecuted and perceived during a possible jury trial.

DA to appeal after judge rules Michael Bever won't have to discuss case with state psychologist

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/da-to-appeal-after-judge-rules-michael-bever-won-t/article_0c40a17d-3583-5037-a46e-52d20cedeb4c.html

Judge Holmes granted Kunzweiler’s request to let Edmond-based psychologist Dr. Shawn Roberson interview Michael Bever at the Tulsa Jail. However, she said Roberson cannot obtain information relating to the incident itself without first notifying Bever of his Miranda rights, at which point Bever is allowed to invoke his Fifth Amendment rights against self-incrimination.

Kunzweiler said after the hearing that he intends to appeal to the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals, but Chief Public Defender Corbin Brewster and Assistant Public Defender Marny Hill argued existing case law on the matter provides clear parameters for challenges to mental health-based defenses.

Kunzweiler contended that Bever waived his Fifth Amendment rights because he believes defense expert Dr. Terese Hall “clearly relies upon what Mr. Bever says” about the stabbings when she compiled a report in May about Bever’s health that former Chief Public Defender Rob Nigh has said supports an insanity defense.

Hi all, just joined.

I think as most here agree the motives were unclear and remain so. I have a few possible motives, although I must say they are pure speculation for the most part.

The older Bever boy has a Youtube channel called ColtEmpireOfficial. He was a fairly typical gaming 'nerd'. Probably had some form of autism. High functioning that is.

He also shows from his Youtube that he is a somewhat vein character. One can pick up that he appears to revel in his youthful looks.

Has anyone considered he may have been gay or had feelings of being gay. That the family were conservative christians and Robert Bever hated them for it.

Another theory I have is as others have mentioned already; the parents were strict disciplinarians and both killers disliked living under their thumb.

Finally, I suspect both boys especially Robert are psychopaths. But that perhaps being so sheltered they lacked an understanding of modern societal norms. Such as, don't kill you family!

Until any proof comes out that the parents were abusive I think those two fruits are where they belong. It was a truly disgusting crime.

His trial is scheduled to start April 16th.

Michael Bever and his brother, Robert, were both charged with five counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of their parents and three of their siblings at their Broken Arrow home in 2015.

Robert pleaded guilty and is now serving five life sentences without parole.

Michael is currently waiting on a mental health evaluation from the state. The DA said they need to know if Michael understood the consequences of his actions before the 2015 mass murder.

Michael was 16-years-old at the time of the crime.

http://www.newson6.com/story/37170869/high-profile-tulsa-cases-headed-to-trial-in-2018

Michael Bever's defense claims sister's diary was mishandled by police, contained evidence of abuse

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/michael-bever-s-defense-claims-sister-s-diary-was-mishandled/article_b68b3009-1a7e-56cd-8815-ffd0123e2ac9.html

In a hearing Friday afternoon, chief public defender Corbin Brewster said he learned from the evidence-gathering process in the case that a detective who worked on the investigation apparently received information from an employee at a local auction business indicating Bever’s sister kept a journal that documented physical abuse within the family’s residence.

The Bevers’ estate had previously authorized the release for auction of a series of items, primarily electronics, that investigators didn’t explicitly mark as having evidentiary value.

The auction employee, according to Brewster, notified the detective in 2016 that the items were set for sale in the event police wanted to review them, which he said was when he believed the detective became aware of the notebook and abuse claims.

Brewster told the court that officers inspected a notebook last year that matched the description of the journal provided by the employee and reported it was evident pages were missing because of paper caught inside the spiral. As a result, he said he had “serious concerns” over the possible mishandling or destruction of evidence and asked District Judge Sharon Holmes to set a hearing in which the detective would testify about the issue.

The diary must belong to the older girl who survived, so she could possibly remember what was on the missing pages. She might have torn them out.

She really is key to discovering what all went on in that house, but I can't even imagine how difficult 'surviving' has been for her. Poor thing.

Her diary ended up at the auction house? Bizarre. SMH.

Broken Arrow detective submits resignation amid allegations of mishandling evidence in Bever case
Officer accused of mishandling evidence in quintuple homicide to leave Broken Arrow department

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/broken-arrow-detective-submits-resignation-amid-allegations-of-mishandling-evidence/article_01dd6739-4cbe-5f4e-9f07-77d677ace285.html

Adcock’s decision to resign before the conclusion of the internal inquiry appears to preclude the public from knowing what sanctions, if any, she would have faced as a result of her conduct. Court records indicate Adcock was the affiant on multiple search warrants related to the seizure of multiple electronic items from the Bevers’ residence, which has since been demolished.

Wood told the World last week that Adcock collected a series of items from a local auction house, primarily electronics, that had been in the Bever home and deposited them in a locker with the intent to take them to the department’s property room later but forgot to do so. Those items had not been marked as having potential value as evidence, but an auction house employee notified police that investigators could inspect them before they were sold in case they were relevant to the murder case.

Detective who resigned amid investigation over Bever killings evidence may have to testify about missing hard drive

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/detective-who-resigned-amid-investigation-over-bever-killings-evidence-may/article_3d415d36-d02e-5244-9298-eb3c7efa1e44.html

During a court hearing Friday morning, Chief Public Defender Corbin Brewster told District Judge Sharon Holmes that he believes Adcock should have been aware a hard drive marked as being potentially significant was missing since as far back as December 2015 and reported it as such. Brewster later told the Tulsa World he plans to issue subpoenas to Adcock and Assistant District Attorney Sarah McAmis, among others, in advance of a March 5 hearing Holmes ordered so she could get more information about the issue.

Brewster also alleged the Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office was complicit in the way Adcock conducted herself during the time she was assigned to the case up to late last year, when she was placed on leave pending an internal investigation.

“I categorically deny that in the strongest of terms,” McAmis said, calling it offensive for the defense to level “completely baseless” claims without adequate proof.

Former Broken Arrow detective 'grossly mishandled evidence' in quintuple homicide case, internal report says

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/former-broken-arrow-detective-grossly-mishandled-evidence-in-quintuple-homicide/article_cee817c0-d323-5ba7-af79-545f1afc70ba.html

During a hearing last month, Brewster presented a log showing that Adcock exchanged phone calls in August 2016 with a phone number registered to Assistant District Attorney Sarah McAmis. That was at the same time Adcock went to an auction house to collect other items taken from the Bever home.

He said then that the timing of those calls was “suspicious” because he believed that was when pages from a journal kept by the oldest surviving sibling, which reportedly detailed abuse within the home, became missing.

Missing hard drive and missing pages detailing abuse from Crystal's journal? This detective Adcock has just given the defense attorneys something real to use in trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back