Weather Channel's Rich Fretterd, from The Prospectors, arrested 14 December 2017

Not prospects, prospectors. It's a reality tv show about people who go out to the mountains in Colorado and dig for stones/minerals. This particular prospector (RF) seems to always do well, he found a lot of minerals.

I understand you and respect all that you said. I know how my statement seems. I don't believe or disbelieve anything just because the father is trustworthy. My whole point in all of this is that we should never be quick to judge. I pray the truth come out in every situation like this.

It does however bother me that you only now choose to believe the claims against Fretterd, because the parent is a very trustworthy and honorable man. I makes my heart weep for abused children whose parents are not well-known and honorable.

Your response is on several levels exactly why victims have a hard time coming forward and in many cases don't come forward at all. Their reputations or that of their families are not good enough, they will be picked apart to find an ulterior motive, and, why should we believe the victim over the accused? They told too quick, they waited too long, he said she said, and it also takes two to tango.

Quite. I think this should serve as a lesson. And btw predators often choose victims who are vulnerable in the sense they won't be believed/supported should they say something about the abuse. They want to get away with their violations so they pick accordingly, relying on their own status as being more authoritative/believable than their victim's when it's their word against the mark.

edited to add: It also bothers me, and I see this a lot, that it needs to be another upstanding MAN vouching for the veracity of the girls' claims that changes people's minds.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/On...edly-sexually-assaulting-child-464203673.html

"Monday, a judge set Fretterd's bond at $25,000. The prosecution had lobbied for higher, stating Fretterd was not only a high flight risk but had the means to leave.
The judge ruled that Fretterd would undergo mandatory GPS monitoring while out on bond, would not be permitted to leave Colorado, and would have to surrender his passport."

"A one-time cast member of a television show, facing 49 counts for allegedly sexually assaulting two children, is now on the run.
Rich Fretterd, formerly of The Weather Channel show "Prospectors" failed to show up to get an ankle monitor Wednesday.
It was the outcome prosecutors had feared, arguing at Fretterd's bond hearing Monday that he was a flight risk with the means to skip town. "

Update:

"One-time 'Prosepectors' cast member, accused of child sexual assault, apprehended after going on run".

Man arested for alleged sexual assa

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/On...edly-sexually-assaulting-child-464203673.html

So, yeah, heartbroken, is a word I still use. Why fail to pick up the GPS monitor?
And now Rich is back in jail...

IMOO.

So, yeah, heartbroken, is a word I still use. Why fail to pick up the GPS monitor?
And now Rich is back in jail...

IMOO.

He was going to say goodbye to his daughter before he went into hiding.

He was going to say goodbye to his daughter before he went into hiding.

It is sad. So far she has not been charged because she let the police in her home to get Rich, per ch. 13 news. She was the one who posted bond.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back