GUILTY TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, murdered, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Only 4 more days until December 20th. Let's hope that the hearing stays on schedule!

Ok, it is 3:29 pm Texas time right now. Maybe I'll hear something on 4 pm local news.

Yay! Glad to hear certifying as an adult. Also just saw on news that her mother had intercepted texts between the two and is why she went looking for her right away. He was suspect from Day 1.

Thank God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Judge certified the 16 year old as an adult!!!! Just heard this on 5pm Fox news. Will post link as soon as it is posted on their website.

Would love to be on this jury, but of course, I would have to disqualify myself.

I'm disappointed that Fox is the only local channel that is covering this story. I suppose that it something we should keep in mind in the future when we are waiting for breaking news on this case.

I was at this hearing yesterday. I sat right behind Jordin and his mom. The hearing lasted from 1:00pm-4:45pm. There was a lot of information released by the detectives that was never public before...which, some of, was graphic and I felt bad that Kaytlynn's mom had to hear.

Two probation officers from the juvenile detention center took the witness stand along with Jordin's mom.

Jordin's girlfriend stood in the back of the courtroom waving and smiling at him. I just wanted to take the girl into the hallway and shake some sense into her...and ask her, if she realizes the boy she keeps waving to killed a girl with a hammer?!

The defense attorney tried his best to sugar-coat why Jordin should be tried as a juvenile...but, I'm glad the judge saw through it and ruled to transfer it to adult court. Of course, the judge said they can appeal his decision.

IMO, Jordin looked like a little punk sitting there flexing his shoulders throughout the hearing. And, his mom doesn't have a clue or show any remorse of what her 16 year old is or did!

Thank you for letting us know!! Will you also be going to subsequent hearings & the trial?

During the hearing, it came out from Jordin's mom that he has had to visit the juvenile center before. She also said that Jordin moved out of her residence in February of 2017 and didn't know where he was staying which was at his girlfriend's apartment. And, I didn't know before, but Jordin's mom also lived in the same apartment complex that the murder happened in.

One of the probation officers at the juvenile center said that there are three classifications at the center. Level 3 being the worse and Level 1 being the best. He said Jordin was an "outstanding" level one inmate.

The DA asked if Jordin has gotten in any trouble since being placed there on Sept. 1st. He responded that Jordin got in 1 verbal altercation in November and 2 physical altercations in November and December. So, he spent time as a level 3 numerous times.

IMO, how can Jordin be referred to as an outstanding level 1 inmate if he just got in a fight a couple of weeks ago and was in level 3? Evidently, it's not very hard to go from a level 3 to a level 1 at this place.

The judge considered his violent tendencies at the juvenile center as part of his reasoning behind transferring his hearing to adult court.

Also, I don't know if it was made known before this hearing, but the "uncle" that came and picked Jordin up on June 19th and took him to his house...he isn't really an uncle, he is just a family friend. I think his last name was Prince if I remember correctly.

A detective read the notes out loud that they found at this "uncle's" house in the room Jordin stayed in.

And, I don't know if this was public beforehand. When Jordin was creating his alibi with his girlfriend while she was in Alabama, he was afraid the police were listening in on his phone, so he facetimed his girlfriend and they would hold up pieces of paper with questions and answers on them...so, they wouldn't verbally say anything.

The DA and judge both said that this showed he was very sophisticated in not getting caught and how a lot of adults wouldn't even be smart enough to do this...another factor in the judge's decision to transfer him to adult court.

Another fact that came out during the hearing is that Kaytlynn's mom, Trisha, got into Katlynn's Instagram account and read about the drug deal. This is why she was so quick to go looking for her daughter when she was out walking the dog. And, Kaytlynn had multiple Instagram accounts.

Thank you so much. These are things that we would never know if we were depending on MSM to keep us informed.

Most definitely and if I can recall other things from that hearing or any questions about it...feel free to ask. :)

I just glanced back through the last 9 pages of this thread and a few things I can clear up from the hearing:

Jordin's mom stated that she has 3 boys. She described Jordin as an "normal" teenager with "normal" grades even though she said he was failing at least 2 classes. She said she threatened to "beat his *advertiser censored*" and Jordin didn't want to remain in her house because he didn't want to follow her rules.

I don't remember the boy's name that was with Kaytlynn right before she disappeared, but the detective said the boy said both him and Katylynn were smoking marijuana on her back patio. Then they went inside so she could do some chores while he watched tv or played video games.

Kaytlynn and this boy watched YouTube videos on how to make dabs.

Jordin bought the marijuana from his dealer for $10 and after Kaytlynn made the dabs, she was to make $200.

There was 1 hour and 11 minutes of electronic silence by Jordin.

During the autopsy, it was noted there was no sexual assault done to Kaytlynn. She had severe head and neck injuries. The top part of her skull was missing.

(GRAPHIC: YOU MAY WANT NOT WANT TO READ THIS)
Her brain and eyes were hanging out. It is believed that this most likely happened post-mortem due to the heavy equipment at the landfill.

I was at this hearing yesterday. I sat right behind Jordin and his mom. The hearing lasted from 1:00pm-4:45pm. <>

IMO, Jordin looked like a little punk sitting there flexing his shoulders throughout the hearing. And, his mom doesn't have a clue or show any remorse of what her 16 year old is or did!

During the hearing, it came out from Jordin's mom that he has had to visit the juvenile center before. She also said that Jordin moved out of her residence in February of 2017 and didn't know where he was staying which was at his girlfriend's apartment. And, I didn't know before, but Jordin's mom also lived in the same apartment complex that the murder happened in.
<>
RSBM

TexasToys, I join all others in thanking you for offering this insight by attending the over three hours long hearing. The motive remains a mystery to me.

It is difficult for us to understand locking a child out of our world and not caring where the child is or what may happen to our child. The truth hurts for it is obvious his mother wiped her slate clear of any responsibility for raising J. I cannot imagine the pain of dejection and how that made J react unemotionally to the world around him. He felt dispensible. Therefore, others were also disposable.

J was freed to act with hedonistic behavior seemingly without fear of repercussions. Knowing these gruesome details also offers understanding of the reasons J should be tried as an adult.

There is hope Kaytlynn's family will find the strength to suffer through J's trial and mend their broken hearts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back