Found Safe TX - Shamali Flores, 6 wks, Houston, 19 Dec 2017 *mom found slain* *Arrest*

So on a post on moms fb, there is a picture where she spells the baby’s name differently. So now I am even more confused.

a16c3105ac762040fea4b0c4b0d7df8c.jpg

i can't bring up her fb for nothing.

Wow..we are on page 10 and there are so many inconsistencies already. I truly don’t think anyone at this point has the whole picture, as far as age, height, weight etc. if we didn’t have a picture I would be at the point where I wondered if the sex of the child was even right. I understand wholeheartedly that these cases need to be before the public ASAP, but it causes way more confusion and lack of confidence when we truly don’t KNOW who to be looking for. Truthfully all day I was looking for a child who was close to a year old, when in reality I should have been looking at the ones in the car seat at the store. The media has got to do a better job with accurate info, and yes I understand they print what their told. It’s just frustrating. Praying this sweet baby is ok, and I do want to know where the other children were, someone knows something.

Respectfully, the information posted above by Tricia and myself are accurate and from official sources. The childs name is listed at the top of the thread correct. This 6 week old child is the focus and I personally commend the LE, FBI and Texas Equusearch for putting forth incredible effort to find this child. In the beginning of a amber alert, there are going to be changes due to the fluid activity around the case. We know now who`s missing and hope we can collectively focus on where this child may be.

This is so confusing...the various baby names, various ages, possibly weight and height wrong. How is anyone suppose to help find this baby when there so many inconsistencies! Where are her other alleged children? Even the mother’s time of death has been switched around. Shaking my head. This is terrible reporting....

Things can be so crazy at the beginning of a missing person's case but I am with you on this one. Too many mistakes.

Here is how things stand as of now, I think.

Mother's name: Caroline Flores

Baby's name: Shamali Flores

Father's name: Marcos "Mariano Palacios" and not "Thomas Bernardez"

Father's status: Is not a suspect

Search for Shamali will probably continue tomorrow with Tim Miller and Texas EquuSearch. We might know later tonight if there will be a full day of searching tomorrow.

That's all I know so far.

Respectfully, the information posted above by Tricia and myself are accurate and from official sources. The childs name is listed at the top of the thread correct. This 6 week old child is the focus and I personally commend the LE, FBI and Texas Equusearch for putting forth incredible effort to find this child. In the beginning of a amber alert, there are going to be changes due to the fluid activity around the case. We know now who`s missing and hope we can collectively focus on where this child may be.

That was not my point, I apologize if you felt it was. My point was that I hope we get all of the accurate info, and that there isn’t anymore misinformation. Not from anyone here, and not that anyone has intentionally mislead anyone. More so that it’s difficult to look for a missing person without the correct and necessary info. In fact I actually think the misspelling of the name might be because of cultural spellings of names, and the age well of course it can always change, when further info is found. Although generally they know if the child is 6 weeks as opposed to 11 months, which is why my comment stated I hope we have the correct info now.

So again please accept my apology if anyone took my comment anyway other than how it was meant. Which is that while out and about in that area, this week I will be looking for this sweet child. Now that I know the correct age and information.

Mother's spelling of "Shamaly" is probably the correct one. The first name we had was Shanally which is only two letters off from Shamaly. I'm thinking what is going on is that someone saw the name in cursive handwriting where an "m" could easily be mistaken for an "n" and a sloppy "l" might look double instead of single. A rush to publish and get the Amber Alert out and mistakes were made?

As for the 11 month old versus 6 week old and the wrong weights/height, is it possible one of Carolina's other children is an 11 month old? Maybe someone put out the stats of the wrong baby at first then it had to be corrected? This would also explain the two daddy names if she had two babies by two different men. Just a theory-- I don't know the ages of the other children. I hope they find this sweet baby soon.

Things can be so crazy at the beginning of a missing person's case but I am with you on this one. Too many mistakes.

Here is how things stand as of now, I think.

Mother's name: Caroline Flores

Baby's name: Shamali Flores

Father's name: Marcos "Mariano Palacios" and not "Thomas Bernardez"

Father's status: Is not a suspect

Search for Shamali will probably continue tomorrow with Tim Miller and Texas EquuSearch. We might know later tonight if there will be a full day of searching tomorrow.

That's all I know so far.

Thank you.

It’s not allowing me to copy the link to her page, but when you fb search “Carolina Flores” for me it’s the first one that pops up.

the first one that comes up for me is definitely not her. its a barely dressed woman. it's not coming up at all. strange.

I tried to look at Carolina's FB. It is odd, and I couldn't figure out the timings. The last few posts seem so focused on the new baby, happy family pictures. Someone suggested earlier in the thread that Carolina's job(s) might mean a lot of people knew she was pregnant and had a new baby, but those FB pictures and no reported break-in makes me wonder if Carolina knew this woman, maybe even FB friends with her. A woman in that state of mind seeing those lovely family photos...it's going to be a stressor.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, but I would look for friends of Carolina, at least people she knew enough to let them into the home, maybe a distant relative, probably someone in the community she belonged to, presumably someone who could pass off this baby as their own, so possibly similar racial background or at least has a partner who could pass as the father of this baby, and maybe even someone who saw those FB pictures. The settings were public, so anyone who liked those pictures, it would have shown up in the side bar for one of their friends, but at the same time I think someone who knows Carolina enough to know where she lives and to knock on the door and say "Hi, I've come to bring a present for the baby and sit and have a coffee with you".

I have been saying from the start yesterday that this has all the earmarks of a case where a woman wanted a baby really badly and killed her. I have been posting it all over the local news Facebook threads, and it seems many also had that hunch well before the police did. To me, it seems clear that someone who knew her did this... Someone on her Facebook or who lives right in her complex. They need to go door to door and question everyone in that complex. You can see on her Facebook that she has an older school age daughter. This crime must have occurred when the murderer knew the older girl would be at school. Probably just knocked on the door and went in, as a friend would do, and then murdered her and took off with the baby. Wouldn't be surprised if the friend who found the dead body later in the day, knows something or is maybe the culprit herself. Someone fed bad info to the police that the baby is eleven months and 30 pounds. Seems to me, someone who wanted to throw police off would do that.

maybe i'm not keen enough, but i dont see any pregnancy photos on her fb. she looks not pregnant in any of her other photos and although everything is in a different language, i dont see any pregnancy posts.

This is so confusing...the various baby names, various ages, possibly weight and height wrong. How is anyone suppose to help find this baby when there so many inconsistencies! Where are her other alleged children? Even the mother’s time of death has been switched around. Shaking my head. This is terrible reporting....
It could be terrible reporting, but IMHO it could also be fear/inability of those around the victim to give information to the authorities.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

http://abcnews.go.com/US/houston-newborn-missing-mothers-fatal-stabbing/story?id=51901693

It states she might have been scared to go to LE because she was in the country illegally. Based off of this I almost wonder if she kept a lot of secrets from people, in order to avoid being deported. Not pointing fingers or blame, but it explains perhaps why the spelling of the name is different, why the reports of age, height and weight are different. Perhaps she didn’t give many or anyone at all the whole truth? Idk until more info comes out, we just have to assume, which is so terribly sad in a situation like this. I do understand things change throughout the developments in the case. It’s just there are so many conflicting stories that make what could have been a positive or potential match immediately far more unlikely. However, again I do understand LE and the media can only work with what info they are given and find.

I have been saying from the start yesterday that this has all the earmarks of a case where a woman wanted a baby really badly and killed her. I have been posting it all over the local news Facebook threads, and it seems many also had that hunch well before the police did. To me, it seems clear that someone who knew her did this... Someone on her Facebook or who lives right in her complex. They need to go door to door and question everyone in that complex. You can see on her Facebook that she has an older school age daughter. This crime must have occurred when the murderer knew the older girl would be at school. Probably just knocked on the door and went in, as a friend would do, and then murdered her and took off with the baby. Wouldn't be surprised if the friend who found the dead body later in the day, knows something or is maybe the culprit herself. Someone fed bad info to the police that the baby is eleven months and 30 pounds. Seems to me, someone who wanted to throw police off would do that.

Excellent first post. Welcome to the forum :)

I agree with almost everything you've said there, it sounds very logical.

The only part I would offer a different suggestion is that I question whether a woman who's done this would want to insert herself around the crime rather than avoiding the crime.

And some extra thoughts. A woman who's had a pregnancy in the past 6 months or so, maybe not told anyone she lost her baby? But also it's Christmas time and a perceived hole in someone's heart and home might show up a lot more at this time of year. It could be someone who lost a baby in the past few years near Christmas and so this is an extra difficult time of year for them.

I really want to hope that the person who's taken the baby took her to love and will do their best to care for the child. I hope that the most likely thing is a woman hiding out with the baby, wanting to protect the baby and not really thinking too much in her mind about being caught out. I want her to feel able to go to the store and buy formula and other necessities.

I shouldn't be so hard on the media. Lord knows I have made major mistakes myself.

Let's remember we cannot bring over comments from any Facebook page. We have no idea who is behind those comments and as soon as anything is posted, no matter how wacky, it seems to turn into a fact very quickly.

Whoever has this baby has to be feeling the heat.

Please let sweet baby Shamali be OK.

Which post are u seeing this under? I don't see it. Also didn't we hear she has 4 kids? I only see pics of 2.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I also agree with it could be a neighbor, friend or possibly a family member. As terrible as it sounds, she had nothing about a new baby UNTIL there was a new baby. I understand keeping a lot of fb, I mean if you looked at mine you’d see mostly recipes and funny videos. But you’d also think she’d post about it since she is so far from her whole family. I do sincerely wonder who initially gave the info about the child? Was it a family member, friend, neighbor? Who ever reported it could most definitely have been just guessing age, weight, height etc. or they could have been intentionally misleading LE. Either way the misinformation most likely caused LE to miss out on some very credible sightings because of it. So sad and crazy.

I shouldn't be so hard on the media. Lord knows I have made major mistakes myself.

Let's remember we cannot bring over comments from any Facebook page. We have no idea who is behind those comments and as soon as anything is posted, no matter how wacky, it seems to turn into a fact very quickly.

Whoever has this baby has to be feeling the heat.

Please let sweet baby Shamali be OK.

okay, i was unaware that comments could not be brought over. thanks.

My local news just gave a story on Shamali. It did say that her siblings and the children her mom was caring for (niece and nephew?) were in CPS custody. I won't be able to link this though because I'm no where near Texas and don't think the news station will post it on their website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back