Found Safe TX - Shamali Flores, 6 wks, Houston, 19 Dec 2017 *mom found slain* *Arrest*

Can someone provide an update on what was said at the presser. I can't view the Periscope feed, it won't run for me :-(

KHOU 11 News Houston‏Verified account
@KHOU
4m4 minutes ago

UPDATE-- HPD: Woman who killed mom, took baby was trying to cover-up a miscarriage. She's been charged with murder.

KHOU 11 News Houston Retweeted

Stephanie Whitfield‏Verified account
@KHOUStephanie
10m10 minutes ago

Suspect had recently had a miscarriage, which she was hiding from her boyfriend. #KHOU11

KHOU 11 News Houston Retweeted

Stephanie Whitfield‏Verified account
@KHOUStephanie
10m10 minutes ago

Erika Jisela Miranda-Alvarez has been charged with capital murder. Boyfriend hasn't been charged #KHOU11

https://twitter.com/khou?lang=en

She befriended the victim's brother, and that's how she got to know the family

He is answering questions in English now but I can't hear the questions and can barely hear the answers.... Hopefully the news will give a good coverage of the presser....

Presser

- Will not share how they found the suspect due to the CSI effect

- Suspect was supposed to have her baby in January

- There was no break-in

- Charged with Capital Murder

- Known family for 5 yrs

Presser:

- Suspect cont'd to fake her pregnancy after she lost t baby (did not share t fact that she lost baby w/ anyone)

- At some point, had peop believe she had given birth in the hospital & the baby had been in sick in hospital

Thanks everyone for the updates. So glad the baby was found safe. I was afraid we were in for another situation like Kamiyah Mobley or worse.

moo

Gah! How selfish, to murder an innocent woman just to steal her child. I wonder if this was a case of the killer needing a baby in order to keep the boyfriend around.

Thank goodness! LE was right on top of this since the start and that makes me think they had something to go by, more than just a theory. I hope we will hear what it was.

I'm so sorry Shamali and her sibs were robbed of a loving mom but I'm also grateful the officers and agents brought this poor baby home to her family where she belongs. Chief Acevedo made good on his statement.

Investigators spotted two suspicious people holding a newborn outside of an apartment complex in the 9700 block of South Gessner around 1 a.m. Thursday.

Photos led officers to believe the baby was 6-week-old Shamali Flores. The baby was taken from her apartment when her mother was killed Tuesday.

Erika Jisela Miranda-Alvarez has been charged with capital murder for Flores' death.

http://abc13.com/police-woman-who-suffered-miscarriage-charged-with-murder/2806724/

Alvarez was due in January but miscarried. She continued to fake her pregnancy. The article says Shamali was taken to Texas Children's Hospital for evaluation and is in custody of Child Protective Services. Hopefully she'll be released to her family ASAP.

It really sounds like LE had Alvarez on their radar early on.

maybe i'm not keen enough, but i dont see any pregnancy photos on her fb. she looks not pregnant in any of her other photos and although everything is in a different language, i dont see any pregnancy posts.

Now that baby Shamali has been found safe it's probably a moot point, but I know a lot of people (myself included) who have not or are not posting on any social media about a pregnancy.

how utterly sad. it's bazaar that one would tell no one they lost their child. i bet coming clean and trying for another child sounds pretty sweet right about now, instead of going to jail for the rest of your life. thank Yah the baby is fine. my heart aches for those babes that lost their mother; and for her family, that obviously love her {per all the fb comments}.

how utterly sad. it's bazaar that one would tell no one they lost their child. i bet coming clean and trying for another child sounds pretty sweet right about now, instead of going to jail for the rest of your life. thank Yah the baby is fine. my heart aches for those babes that lost their mother; and for her family, that obviously love her {per all the fb comments}.

RBBM

Unfortunately, it's not that uncommon. :( It's sad what some will resort to to keep a boyfriend. moo

First.. :happydance::loveyou:

Now as to the perp... where's her social media?

http://abc13.com/police-woman-who-suffered-miscarriage-charged-with-murder/2806724/

Alvarez was due in January but miscarried. She continued to fake her pregnancy. The article says Shamali was taken to Texas Children's Hospital for evaluation and is in custody of Child Protective Services. Hopefully she'll be released to her family ASAP.

It really sounds like LE had Alvarez on their radar early on.
This is so incredibly sad. There are no winners here, except the baby.... Mental illness raises it’s sad, scary, pathetic face.

I am so relieved that Shamali is safe. What an awesome job by LE!

I do hope Shamali and her older sister will be reunited and be able to stay together, and that they will find a loving home. But I am so sorry they lost their mother in such a terrible way :-(

Awesome news to see the red Found Safe on the heading of this thread and to read that the woman involved has been arrested.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back