Identified! PA - White Haven, 'Beth Doe' & Unborn Baby 169UFPA, 16-22, Dec'76 - #2 - Evelyn Colon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think back to Lacy Peterson ...9 months pregnant...killed by her husband Scott. He also dismembered her.

Does the bedspread and suitcases still exist? Could they do any testing on those items now not available in the 70s?

Her breast, nose, and ears removed. I would think these are characteristic features that are identifiable....person who did this went to great lengths...from dismembering to three different suitcases that were painted and handles removed. Seems planned, not random.

I wonder if she was an exchange student?
If the bedspread is still in the evidence box, with today's technology, could they test it for hair, carpet fibers..DNA from killer?

The newspaper from New York is interesting. Its a neighboring state to Pennsylvania. The person had access to it while putting the body parts into the suitcases. The bedspread...do we know the make of it? Would be interested to know if it came from a hotel.

The newspaper from New York is interesting. Its a neighboring state to Pennsylvania. The person had access to it while putting the body parts into the suitcases. The bedspread...do we know the make of it? Would be interested to know if it came from a hotel.

I can't speak to the 70's, but by the 90's New York newspapers were commonly sold in the Pocono region of PA. Many people moved to PA from NY and NJ since the 70's. Doesn't mean the newspaper in question was purchased in PA, just to me it doesn't mean in was definitely purchased in NY. I agree it's an interesting clue.

Not to be graphic but do we know with what type of instrument she was dismembered with? Was this something anyone could have done or more precise like a surgeon or butcher?

WSR on hand with numbers was written hours prior. Think its important since she felt the need to jot it down. Maybe she was interrupted and couldn't finish. At the same time, the killer was trying so hard for the body to be non recognizable, don't think he would have left that on there.

If the WSR and numbers were written hours prior to death, I wonder if it had something to do with a location/address of where she was going....where the killer was waiting?

This is an interesting new article about LE fighting human sex trafficking, which as far as we know has nothing to do with Beth Doe.
BUT, what caught my attention was a detail about pimps " branding " the young women with a tattoo, as proof of ownership.

Although it seems that the dismemberment of Beth was to obscure her identity, removing breasts did not seem to fit that particular goal, now i wonder if they would have helped identify Beth after all. speculation, imo.
Rbbm.
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/sh/Z9xYpkTjVq/human-trafficking-canadian-girls/
This operation started at Toronto police headquarters an hour earlier, with officers scouring hundreds of online sex ads looking for evidence of exploitation. The unit’s mandate is to find young, often underage girls forced to work in the sex trade — and one of the signs they look for in these ads is “branding.”

That’s when a young woman has a tattoo on her chest or some other fairly visible part of her body that “shows they are property of the pimp,” says one officer with a burly build and the protective air of a big brother.

“It’s very, very animalistic,” he says, his voice tinged with disgust. “When you think of it, cows get branded. Farmers do it to identify their own property.” As an example, he shows a provocative ad of a scantily clad young woman with an Air Jordan tattoo on her collarbone.

Bumping for Beth.

I've been trying to get her some exposure in local groups in the eastern Tenn. area since the isotopes suggested that as a place she may have lived.

The WSR and numerals...anyone know if this would be associated with any routes or locations in Tennessee?

I wonder if they know what type of gun he shot her with ....if you Google Winchester and wsr there is a Winchester Small Rifle ...still the numbers throw me off. A 4 or a 5 written those two numbers are quite different a 5 or a 7 both have a straight line going across the top but the bottom half of those two numbers are also quite different. If it was the 4 over the top of the five could there be a Winchester Small Rifle 45...just rolling around some thoughts

She has ties to Tennessee so it could be that she has family in Tennessee.

To write something on your hand, it must be pretty important. Think it was done hours prior to her death.
I believe her killer dismembered her, thinking she would be easily identifiable. Removing nose and ears could make it hard to sketch how someone really looked. Maybe lived in a small town or had no family. You would think someone would question a full term pregnant woman missing.

To write something on your hand, it must be pretty important. Think it was done hours prior to her death.
I believe her killer dismembered her, thinking she would be easily identifiable. Removing nose and ears could make it hard to sketch how someone really looked. Maybe lived in a small town or had no family. You would think someone would question a full term pregnant woman missing.

Being pregnant was different then. Could be a BF, husband or ex that didn't want her to have the baby. Girls have their kids to adoption back then. They didn't keep them

Being pregnant was different then. Could be a BF, husband or ex that didn't want her to have the baby. Girls have their kids to adoption back then. They didn't keep them

Except that a guy who kills his partner because he isn't rolling with the idea of fatherhood doesn't usually cut off the the woman's ears and nose. This was much more contemptuous than one would expect from a guy whose motive was to avoid paying child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998