GUILTY NY - Shanta Myers, 36, Brandi Mells, 22, & 2 kids slain, Troy, 26 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

What a ^%#*#} ask if he has anything to say to the family and responds I don’t f%#^ing care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
God bless those officers that they have to be there when that monster spews that venom. They deserve a medal for not reacting.

LE moved fast here, am glad these two guys were caught - feel sorry for the 2 ladies especially the children.

Hopefully justice will be served.

They were killed on 12/21....incredibly sad they weren't discovered for DAYS.

And incredible that the suspects were found - they could've left the area and been long gone in the days that they had after the murders. They might be psychopaths, but they aren't too bright.

Really curious what the motive could possibly be.

jmo at the moment

Edited to add: I forgot to include this:

"A motive or manner of death hasn’t been released, but Tedesco said police believe the massacre took place Dec. 21 — which relatives told The Daily Beast is when the victims became unreachable." https://www.thedailybeast.com/murde...ng-was-friends-with-victim-family-member-says

Killed the night of the 21st? Surprised no one heard anything, especially if mom lived upstairs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Killed the night of the 21st? Surprised no one heard anything, especially if mom lived upstairs.

We don’t know the details . They could have been gagged. Looks like an old home. Plaster walls. Sound doesn’t travel like newer places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Brandi's family upstairs were not home? If that was the case, that would give an even bigger buffer zone to muffle sounds from other neighbors.

Did Brandi and Shanta like loud music? Maybe the killers put on music to hide noises?

Or maybe they gagged the victims immediately?

I'm wondering if they came to visit Brandi with intentions to harm her and the others or if something happened while on a social visit to the apartment??

None of this makes sense, especially the killing of the children.

jmo

Many years ago I worked with a lady who attended Emma Willard School over on Pawling Ave - this was like back in the late 1950's to early 1960's - the location is about 4 miles SE of this crime location. I did not know a lot about Troy, NY and still don't, apparently it has changed a lot in the last 6 or so decades

Warning: graphic description

"The Times Union reported the victims were discovered by officers with their 'hands and ankles bound and appeared to have had their throats cut.' The two children were discovered together in a 'kneeling position with their heads and chests on a bed.'

Police found a bloody knife at the crime scene and another knife close to the victims."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/3...nection-with-gruesome-quadruple-homicide.html

https://twitter.com/SPECNewsAlbany

@SPECNewsAlbany
3m3 minutes ago

Tedesco: 'It's our belief' the murders in Troy occurred on Dec. 21.

@SPECNewsAlbany
5m5 minutes ago

Abelove: Public defender representing James White; conflict defender representing Justin Mann.

@SPECNewsAlbany
10m10 minutes ago

Tedesco: 'The major reports of the investigation centered on technological devices, if you will.'

The 21st??? Oh my my.
Survivor guilt will be ruthless for some.

Brandi's mother said she was knocking on their door on the 22nd :(

Brandi's mother said she was knocking on their door on the 22nd :(

According to one of the above articles, I think it was the Daily Beast, they said mom spoke to Brandi at 11pm, knocked on the door that same evening and there was no answer. Really curious about the time she knocked on the door, because it seems like it is a super tight timeline.

Mann is currently on parole, police said. According to New York Department of Corrections records, Mann was convicted of robbery in 2014 and sentenced to five years in prison. He was paroled in June 2017. His supervision by the DOC is set to expire in 2019.
“I never seen him before a day in my life, neither of them,” Shanta Myers’ nephew Khalif Coleman told The Daily Beast. “But some of my family members recognize him as Brandi’s friend. He supposedly always hung out with her.”
https://heavy.com/news/2017/12/justin-mann-james-white-troy-murder-suspects/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back