Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the ID, Knox! I saw Tonya Bates' FB - she "liked" some posts on Miles' FB. Here's her FB:

https://www.facebook.com/TonyaEllenBates

She has photos of the girls as late as December 17 and was posting pics of them on a holiday to New York City, returning to Austin on the 17th.

Thanks for posting this. There is a precious video of Lulu on Veterans day. It warmed my heart to see her smile. I'm not sure I can sleep tonight. I want these two girls to be home safe!

Thanks for the ID, Knox! I saw Tonya Bates' FB - she "liked" some posts on Miles' FB. Here's her FB:

https://www.facebook.com/TonyaEllenBates

She has photos of the girls as late as December 17 and was posting pics of them on a holiday to New York City, returning to Austin on the 17th.
Ok, this makes me feel much better about the girls prior to the abduction. The youngest child does not seem to be unhappy when you look at her Facebook.

I wonder if she did not run a background check before taking this guy as a roommate.

I also wonder if the police did not take the welfare check as seriously because it was called in by a boyfriend. They may have assumed she simply did not want to see him and took off on a short trip with the girls.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OMG, they could be anywhere now, with the head start he had after killing their Mom and whoever was with her when they were abducted! They could be in New England area by now, for all we know. Crazy! I hope those poor girls are ok and that he doesn't harm them, but I don't like the feeling I am getting.......
The article is a bit misleading about the two suspicious deaths. One of them is the mother. The other suspicious death is unrelated as it happened in a different place and was discovered because the sister of the dead person suspected a suicide. The newspaper shouldn't have put the two in the same article.

Deleted my comment. Jethro actually just answered the question I posed.

So, he is not related to these girls and he killed their mother and took them? I can only see one reason for him to do that and it is not pleasant. I do always find the term 'room mate' a bit confusing. To me that means that they were sharing a room. We use the term housemate or lodger or boarder or flatmate.

So, he is not related to these girls and he killed their mother and took them? I can only see one reason for him to do that and it is not pleasant. I do always find the term 'room mate' a bit confusing. To me that means that they were sharing a room. We use the term housemate or lodger or boarder or flatmate.

Here in the U.S. "roommate" is a catch-all term to describe a person you live with. If it is a romantic partner then we tend to use boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/etc. Besides, it's pretty clear here they were nothing more than roomies since she had a boyfriend and obviously her BF thought the Miles was ok. I lived in Texas for 14 years and if one thing is a definite universal truth down there, a man isn't going to let his girlfriend room with a guy if he doesn't have absolute trust in that guy and his girlfriend that no hanky-panky is going on.

Here in the US, “roommate” generally refers to someone sharing space under the same roof. I agree that the term is quite vague.

If it is permitted, can someone let me know how to find Terry Miles's FB page? If it is not permitted, I apologize and understand if this post is deleted.

Page 3 about half way down on my mobile, or post #40.

If find it odd for as much as he posted in that brief span he only joined in Sept 2017. Makes me wonder if he had older or newer profiles but I can’t seem to find any. From what I can tell, all his posts basically happened in Sept of this year. Will double check.

I am horrified for these two precious kids. They are with a monster and I am praying every time I think of them. Mom clearly loved them. I wonder how the roommates met. She seems the complete opposite of him.

Whoa, it's very apparent after looking at TM's Facebook page, the man is not right.

Looks like he believes in real zombies, conspiracy theories and crazy cancer cures. He's very odd. I can't imagine allowing a man like that into my home or around my kids. Just a google search would've shown he had been arrested for attempted murder.

Here in the U.S. "roommate" is a catch-all term to describe a person you live with. If it is a romantic partner then we tend to use boyfriend/girlfriend/partner/etc. Besides, it's pretty clear here they were nothing more than roomies since she had a boyfriend and obviously her BF thought the Miles was ok. I lived in Texas for 14 years and if one thing is a definite universal truth down there, a man isn't going to let his girlfriend room with a guy if he doesn't have absolute trust in that guy and his girlfriend that no hanky-panky is going on.

Then I don't get why the boyfriend didn't have a problem with this guy moving in with a single mom and 2 young beautiful little girls. Maybe he did have objections/concerns, which is why he called for a welfare check?

This guy must have been a smooth talker to convince her to let him move in.

Then I don't get why the boyfriend didn't have a problem with this guy moving in with a single mom and 2 young beautiful little girls. Maybe he did have objections/concerns, which is why he called for a welfare check?

This guy must have been a smooth talker to convince her to let him move in.

I thought I made that clear, the boyfriend obviously didn't detect anything wrong with Miles since he didn't object to her living with him. I doubt the cops would have responded to a welfare check request if there wasn't a legitimate reason to do the check, asking the cops to check on your girlfriend because you think her roomie is shady isn't going to get them to act, they need a reason to check on her. IIRC the boyfriend hadn't heard from the woman for a day or two and that's why he asked for the welfare check. I know everyone is going towards this guy being some brilliant sexual predator but this doesn't come off like that type of case to me. Miles has no history of sexual impropriety with minors, no accusations, so far as I can tell he hasn't been accused by any adult women of a sexual crime.

I can't put my finger on why but I don't think these girls are in grave danger. I don't think he took them for the purposes of harming them.

"I can't put my finger on why but I don't think these girls are in grave danger. I don't think he took them for the purposes of harming them."

Their mama was found dead and you don't think the girls are in grave danger? :thinking:

What purpose would those 2 very young girls hold for him, besides the ugly ones which come to mind?

Who takes 2 young girls, unrelated to them, on a sudden road trip, unless they have ill intentions?

I thought I made that clear, the boyfriend obviously didn't detect anything wrong with Miles since he didn't object to her living with him. I doubt the cops would have responded to a welfare check request if there wasn't a legitimate reason to do the check, asking the cops to check on your girlfriend because you think her roomie is shady isn't going to get them to act, they need a reason to check on her. IIRC the boyfriend hadn't heard from the woman for a day or two and that's why he asked for the welfare check. I know everyone is going towards this guy being some brilliant sexual predator but this doesn't come off like that type of case to me. Miles has no history of sexual impropriety with minors, no accusations, so far as I can tell he hasn't been accused by any adult women of a sexual crime.

I can't put my finger on why but I don't think these girls are in grave danger. I don't think he took them for the purposes of harming them.

The boyfriend obviously didn't check out this guy in the least, because I seriously doubt he would have been totally fine with a man who had been accused of serious domestic violence moving in with the boyfriend's girlfriend and her two young daughters.

And I've gotta say I think you're completely wrong about these girls not being in danger. They basically couldn't be in more danger, honestly.

We don't know what was in the boyfriend's mind to make claims such as this. We also don't know if TM was living there before she even got this boyfriend and to say that these children aren't in danger seems a bit reckless. They are in danger simply being with him. If he has a weapon and gets in a shoot-out, the girls are in danger. If he ends up being pursued by police in a vehicle and ends up in a high speed chase, these girls are in danger. Any way you slice it, they are in danger, and just because he has no sexual crimes history doesn't mean a thing.

Page 3 about half way down on my mobile, or post #40.

If find it odd for as much as he posted in that brief span he only joined in Sept 2017. Makes me wonder if he had older or newer profiles but I can’t seem to find any. From what I can tell, all his posts basically happened in Sept of this year. Will double check.

That pic with the wrist stitched up and he says "nuff said" is quite disturbing!

I am really worried that the little girls might have witnessed the murder and that is the reason he took them :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288