Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered that too. To me the house looked "empty", not just staged. For instance I couldn't help but notice the quality of the bedding. I know they were frugal but the bedding looked like it came out of a rag bag. Even the bedding in the master bedroom looked cheap and the bed wasn't well made. You would think they would have made a better presentation for the real estate photos.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

wonder if it is considered a tear down

Well so much for that. I can't believe they never locked the door. Maybe they had valuables locked in a safe.
It has us divided. I'm of the opinion it was probably locked when they were out and in the evening/night, despite what the neighbour said. But it's not the correctness of it, it's that it would be unusual to mention the door if they had moved out.

It has us divided. I'm of the opinion it was probably locked when they were out and in the evening/night, despite what the neighbour said. But it's not the correctness of it, it's that it would be unusual to mention the door if they had moved out.

Yes, I'm with you on this.

I am not sure that I believe that the side door was always unlocked. It seems to me to be a rumour to counter the no forced entry. With well publised burglaries in the street, it is not believable to me.

I too don't buy the "side door always unlocked" it makes no sense to me that HS would do that. Perhaps they meant the side door was the door they used the most. JMO.

I am guessing, the door on the left in this picture is the "side door" they are referring to. It looks like it has a different more forgiving, maybe scratch-resistant tile than the other shiny tile. MOO

attachment.php

main_turn_art_for_a15.jpg.size-custom-crop.850x0.jpg

source for image: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...sherman-sued-builders-of-north-york-home.html

The more I read of him, the less I like him.

And those were 'promised' donations. Not a man of his word, was he? What he did the Dr. Olivieri was atrocious.
Google that if you want an interesting read. He did his best to ruin her completely, not just withdraw a donation.

She brought up the FACT that the drug had the potential to kill some patients. He didn't care about that.......so much for honesty in drug trials.

I too don't buy the "side door always unlocked" it makes no sense to me that HS would do that. Perhaps they meant the side door was the door they used the most. JMO.

I am guessing, the door on the left in this picture is the "side door" they are referring to. It looks like it has a different more forgiving, maybe scratch-resistant tile than the other shiny tile. MOO

attachment.php

View attachment 128339

source for image: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...sherman-sued-builders-of-north-york-home.html
I'm not sure this is what they mean by the "side" door. When I look at the floor plans I want to say the side door has access to the family room. Would the family room entrance be right off the sloped driveway to the underground garage? For some reason I get very confused when I look at the floor plans.

7dbc0b3e27acf7926bc68c761337cbea.jpg

On the floor plans, that swinging door next to "Stor." in the laundry/pantry combination room.
Probably opened out to the side of the driveway.

Isn't that a door, after you follow the wall by the dining room, that leads into the laundry and powder room area, with closets to hang coats?

That might be the side door, as it makes sense to use that entrance in inclement and slushy weather.

The 'proper front door' where the bodies came out, had metal/faux metal bars across the glass panels as an artsy touch.

On the floor plans, that swinging door next to "Stor." in the laundry/pantry combination room.
Probably opened out to the side of the driveway.
I missed that. Thank you! Here is the view from google maps up the side driveway.
b18cd720874a617bf58334e5bf043e44.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I know that taste is subjective, but to me, that house proves again that money doesn't buy taste.

Isn't that a door, after you follow the wall by the dining room, that leads into the laundry and powder room area, with closets to hang coats?

That might be the side door, as it makes sense to use that entrance in inclement and slushy weather.

The 'proper front door' where the bodies came out, had metal/faux metal bars across the glass panels as an artsy touch.
Yes, you're right! That door that I thought was the "side door" leads to the dining room. We can see it clear when these images are side-by-side:

attachment.php
-
attachment.php

c3994621_6.jpg

Well, now I see how they can leave the side door unlocked. Theres a tree in front of it, most people would walk right on by and never see the door.

Now, to the right of the tree, are those steps leading down to the pool area? Think I can see the top of another door maybe??

The only two rooms in that house I like is the wine cellar and the master bedroom closet. I just don't like that style at all.......to cold and uninviting. But that's just my taste!

Its not welcoming at all! Totally agree.

It looks like no one lives there to be quite honest.

He took an abandoned church and turned it into 4 townhouses. Kept the biggest one for himself. so says the article.

Well, now I see how they can leave the side door unlocked. Theres a tree in front of it, most people would walk right on by and never see the door.

Now, to the right of the tree, are those steps leading down to the pool area? Think I can see the top of another door maybe??
I think what we see to the right is the ramp towards the garage. I believe that the small horizontal dark line is the top of the Garage door. JMO
b18cd720874a617bf58334e5bf043e44.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member