TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
4/22/16 Updated 4/25/16
“We are working through a list of suspicion and right now, we have not ruled anyone out,” Johnson said. “We found tools around the crime scene and are currently analyzing them.” http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160422/police-release-3rd-piece-of-surveillence-in-bevers-murder

:thinking: 12/12/16 was when the SW for BWH was written and executed on 12/14/16. JMHO to me the fact that in mid December they were looking for these tools and the way it is stated, says to me that the tools found in the CCoC were NOT the ones used to kill MB and that the Suspect most likely took the pry tools as well as others they believe used. NOTE there are NOT anything about firearms listed, JMHO IF a firearm was used then it definitely would have been listed and it is not. And that they state "or weapons utilized or possessed by the suspect as depicted in the crime scene video surveillance footage from April 18th, 2016" "Your Affiant has reasonable grounds to believe that concealed within the property described above are items used in the crime of MURDER which occurred on Monday, April 18, 2016. " Only "tools" recovered from BWH home: "3. Hammer and flathead screwdriver 4. Hammer".

*NOTE: helmet with mounted lighting so those who believed there was attached lighting on helmet McKinney thought so too.

BWH SW
attachment.php

Items seized
attachment.php

Inv Corporal Cody Moon SW for iPhone & iPad
attachment.php

There is definitely a helmet with a front light secured. I know earlier that it was argued that it could possibly be a reflection off of helmet but you play the video high rez in at least two places the light definitely eminatrs from SPs helmet light. The helmet does look shiny and reflective but there is also a light that sends a beam onto a flat surface with no other lights available to deflect.

The helmet light is just another piece that hints to the level of planning used. And one more thing that could’ve gone wrong. It would 1 shine in MBs face if he came upon her,limiting her sight BUT 2 been cumbersome and easy to grab. Did the helmet have a chin strap?

I still find it odd. But also find it odd that the local public is not making noise. There is a killer still out there. But when someone gets arrested it will open up again any wounds healed. The focus to me would be find the killer, that would for me be the only way to feel my children are safe. JMHO

BBM

I cannot emphasize my agreement with this statement enough. Isn't anyone concerned about the safety of the three girls? I know that I would be.

However, the family has "known" that the girls were safe from the time that MB was killed. Upon hearing the news, KS said that they (KS & MT) had to get to the Bevers' home because they knew that the girls were home safe in bed. How did they know that? This comment has always stuck with me. It's as if it never occurred to anyone that the girls may also have been in danger, which I find especially odd given the confusion surrounding the morning's events (first they thought MB had been in an accident, etc.).

As of this date Dec 31, 2017, only 1 of the SW writers we have seen, are still listed in the directory, Stephen Cooper - Ford F150 SW
Not listed are:
Nicholas/Nick Shelby ( Exigent Circumstances Affidavit for FB accounts for BB & MB SW & MB & CW LinkedIn SW)
Cody Moon Lead Inv (Forensic Exam & Extract MB iPhone & iPad SW)
Cody McKinney (executed the FB SW for accounts of MB & BB, AT&T Cell Tower Dump SW, The Dry Cleaner Super Center SW, AT&T Targeted #’s SW, BWH SW's Dec 2016)

4/22/16 Updated 4/25/16
“We are working through a list of suspicion and right now, we have not ruled anyone out,” Johnson said. “We found tools around the crime scene and are currently analyzing them.” http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160422/police-release-3rd-piece-of-surveillence-in-bevers-murder

:thinking: 12/12/16 was when the SW for BWH was written and executed on 12/14/16. JMHO to me the fact that in mid December they were looking for these tools and the way it is stated, says to me that the tools found in the CCoC were NOT the ones used to kill MB and that the Suspect most likely took the pry tools as well as others they believe used. NOTE there are NOT anything about firearms listed, JMHO IF a firearm was used then it definitely would have been listed and it is not. And that they state "or weapons utilized or possessed by the suspect as depicted in the crime scene video surveillance footage from April 18th, 2016" "Your Affiant has reasonable grounds to believe that concealed within the property described above are items used in the crime of MURDER which occurred on Monday, April 18, 2016. " Only "tools" recovered from BWH home: "3. Hammer and flathead screwdriver 4. Hammer".

*NOTE: helmet with mounted lighting so those who believed there was attached lighting on helmet McKinney thought so too.

BWH SW
attachment.php

Items seized
attachment.php

Inv Corporal Cody Moon SW for iPhone & iPad
attachment.php

I think that your points in bold are excellent. I noticed the lack of a firearm on the Dec. SW as well. Up until I saw the SW, I thought that it was likely a firearm was used. However, I think that it is safe to assume that a gun was not used. While I still strongly believe this was targeted, a hammer is an interesting choice for a murder weapon.

I agree there are lots of murders out there. Again I just gave my opinion. I have faith that MPD will make an arrest when they get enough evidence to do so. I do not expect them to make one until they do.

But I know that the fact that the killer has not been arrested, thus we don't know possibly why the murder was done ... we have no idea who is safe. And if I lived near it would concern me. Heck it concerns me a state away!

And by looking at the fact that only Chief Smith, Capt Spann. Kevin Johnson and 1 other SW Affiant are still employed at MPD that we the public are familiar with is interesting. Do they normally have a big turnover? I wish them all the best in their new endeavors. I know this case will be with them always. So is it still being actively worked?
JMHO

BBM

With respect to the first item in bold, you are absolutely correct. We have no idea what the motive is or who is safe or even if SP has already killed again.

Cody Moon had been with MPD for 9 years at the time he executed the SWs. Officer Shelby had been with MPD for 2 years (4 years prior LE experience with another county). I don't have the information on Officer McKinney, but his experience is listed in the SW itself. I would pull it up, but my computer is so slow right now.

MPD has not responded to [Facebook] questions about the status of MB's case in several months. With the lead investigator gone, I do wonder what's happening behind the scenes and who is currently handling the case.

I am encouraged to see MB's thread active again. Hopefully, 2018 is the year where we see an arrest.

The helmet light is just another piece that hints to the level of planning used. And one more thing that could’ve gone wrong. It would 1 shine in MBs face if he came upon her,limiting her sight BUT 2 been cumbersome and easy to grab. Did the helmet have a chin strap?

Yeah, this person went to great lengths to plan this. The attire minimized, if not eliminated leaving any DNA and certainly fingerprints. This person knew about the surveillance cameras, but anyone visiting the church on previous occasion could have known that fact. They could have simply worn jeans, a black shirt and a ski mask. This outfit hides their body type - slender or heavy.

But was it a planned vandalism or burglary gone bad OR a planned murder? I can see arguments for both and I'm leaning toward some other planned crime and Missy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The other question that nags at me. The outside surveillance cameras. It doesn't matter how well the person covers their appearance if an outside camera catches the license plate of their car. The cameras weren't working. Did SP know this and, if so, how? I can't believe someone goes to this effort to plan and misses the outside cameras, so I'm guessing SP knew they were not working.

It could be that the SP had driven through the parking lot numerous early mornings before. If the SP was a security guard as I suspect he could just say he saw something from the highway and was checking it out. After several trips through there and not getting caught he knew the cameras weren’t working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I read on here but can't find it now.That there were visible nail marks left where she died at the church.I've had a search but can't find it

Yeah, this person went to great lengths to plan this. The attire minimized, if not eliminated leaving any DNA and certainly fingerprints. This person knew about the surveillance cameras, but anyone visiting the church on previous occasion could have known that fact. They could have simply worn jeans, a black shirt and a ski mask. This outfit hides their body type - slender or heavy.

But was it a planned vandalism or burglary gone bad OR a planned murder? I can see arguments for both and I'm leaning toward some other planned crime and Missy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The other question that nags at me. The outside surveillance cameras. It doesn't matter how well the person covers their appearance if an outside camera catches the license plate of their car. The cameras weren't working. Did SP know this and, if so, how? I can't believe someone goes to this effort to plan and misses the outside cameras, so I'm guessing SP knew they were not working.
I can't help but think SP knew exactly which inside cameras weren't working and where to place himself so the murder would be off camera. He also would have to know she would come to the place where he was waiting for her.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I can't help but think SP knew exactly which inside cameras weren't working and where to place himself so the murder would be off camera. He also would have to know she would come to the place where he was waiting for her.

What would that have accomplished? The actual murder doesn't have to be on video, for a conviction. Generally video of a murderer and a murder victim both walking into the same room, where the victim is found, would be enough for a conviction. Respectfully, you are overthinking this. The SWAT guy clearly didn't care that he was on video. That's what he had a disguise on for. The only thing that would be different if the actual murder had been caught on video, is that we would have a better idea of exactly what happened in the room. It still wouldn't change the evidence that the SWAT guy murdered MB.

Hi I read on here but can't find it now.That there were visible nail marks left where she died at the church.I've had a search but can't find it

I have never read anything to that effect. I don't think that the investigators have released any information like that.

If my memory is right, I believe the car was parked at a distance. So the license plate number was not visible. He could have also had his license plate covered up before he entered, or he could have been using stolen plates. Whatever the case, he seems to have had a plan for that too.

What would that have accomplished? The actual murder doesn't have to be on video, for a conviction. Generally video of a murderer and a murder victim both walking into the same room, where the victim is found, would be enough for a conviction. Respectfully, you are overthinking this. The SWAT guy clearly didn't care that he was on video. That's what he had a disguise on for. The only thing that would be different if the actual murder had been caught on video, is that we would have a better idea of exactly what happened in the room. It still wouldn't change the evidence that the SWAT guy murdered MB.
No offense taken as I do have a habit of over thinking things.

But, maybe you're not thinking enough. [emoji848][emoji4]

Imagine seeing the actual murder on video. The brutality would be too much and wouldn't sit well with the jurors.

And why take the chance of MB possibly getting the upper hand and
ripping off part of the outfit before he/she hightailed it out of there.

The only reason SP came into the church to be on video (while disguised head to toe) was because it was important to make this look like a burglary gone wrong.

And, had the actual murder been on video, I believe it would have been apparent that SP was waiting for MB and that SP made the 1st brutal hit.
Therefore, possibly a murder for hire.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Isn't anyone concerned about the safety of the three girls?

I for one am not at all concerned about that (other than the general concern that I have for everyone everywhere, especially the vulnerable). I just don't follow any logical reasoning that would mean they are somehow in harm's way.

1 If SP killed their mom because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, how would that somehow have them at risk of him wanting to find them and harm them? It just doesn't follow. In that scenario, MB has no connection to SP, and neither do her kids.

2 Or, if SP killed their mom because he had something against her and wanted her dead, again, how is that somehow going to carry over into some quest for harming/killing the kids she left behind? Once SP killed MB, he had done what he wanted, which was to make MB dead.

But was it a planned vandalism/burglary gone bad OR a planned murder? I can see arguments for both and I'm leaning toward some other planned crime and Missy was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"But was it a planned vandalism/burglary gone bad OR a planned murder?"

This is a great point that keeps being missed. There is plenty of evidence for planning - but that planning doesn't point either way, to tell us what was being planned. It just tells us that SP was there on purpose, and didn't want to be caught, so he did what he could to mask his identity. And apparently he did a great job at it, unfortunately.

I for one am not at all concerned about that (other than the general concern that I have for everyone everywhere, especially the vulnerable). I just don't follow any logical reasoning that would mean they are somehow in harm's way.

1 If SP killed their mom because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, how would that somehow have them at risk of him wanting to find them and harm them? It just doesn't follow. In that scenario, MB has no connection to SP, and neither do her kids.

2 Or, if SP killed their mom because he had something against her and wanted her dead, again, how is that somehow going to carry over into some quest for harming/killing the kids she left behind? Once SP killed MB, he had done what he wanted, which was to make MB dead.

If someone wanted an individual dead, then they would go anywhere to finish their personal deed. But the church location was chosen. Why?, because Missy would be alone and no one would be there to save her. A home invasion wouldn't work because the girls would be there and perhaps BB would be there too except for the morning that was chosen to end Missy's life.. Someone wanted her alone and that is what they got, the church! The outfit was planned for several reasons to hide identity and protection. JMO

This is what I think of the SP IMHO.
1. The SP is a man, but he has a feminine way in his movements, probably a sissy.
2. The SP is/was a security guard. He already had his uniform on so all he needed was the vest, helmet, knee pads and gloves.
3. He has some low form of Autism. He’s smart, but in a evil way.
4. He has a birth defect in his hips or legs. Maybe has to wear special insoles that make him taller, but took them out that morning. I also think the helmet may have had the liner removed so he appeared shorter.
5. He has something wrong with his right index/middle fingers (look at pictures I have posted of stills from the video).
6. He has an addiction to video games. His favorite being Resident Evil and likes the way the Umbrella Corporation guards look. Why would someone purchase all the gear he had on? He had a helmet light and gloves with lights on them.
7. He wanted to be in LE, but knew he couldn’t pass the physical.
8. He drove pass the church a lot on his way to work and saw the CG group but thought he would be gone before they got there.
9. He thought he would Cosplay the Umbrella Corporation in the church and maybe find money.
10. He didn’t know Missy, but was surprised by her being there so early and had to keep her from calling 911.
11. He had drove through the church parking lot many times to see if he would get reported. Then realized the cameras weren’t working. He thought if he did get caught that he would say that he was checking on the premises.
12. He acted alone and no one else knows what he did, not even his wife if he’s married. That’s why he hasn’t been caught yet.
13. I also think he may be farsighted and had his glasses off, the look at the Dutch doors makes me think that.
14. He’s also an Atheist thinking that the video inside the church would make the congregation question their faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think video exists of the final confrontation. But IF it did exist I believe we would be able to glean significan clues such as height, size, strength,proportions, movements and mannerisms, dominant hand and probably figure out the gender, and possibly lead investigators to where DNA could have touched. So it would be big. But I think it is off camera and purposely out of camera range

Since we have no idea what the motive is, let's assume that it was to silence MB. What if she knew something and SP needed to make sure that information was safe? Who else knew? Did her husband know? her daughters? What if MB's daughter (AB) was a partial witness to said information since she often accompanied MB to class? Without a known motive, there are legitimate reasons for those surrounding the deceased to be legitimately scared. If you don't think that entire families are ever killed off, look no further than Pike County. There were numerous crime scenes and numerous "nuclear" families killed.

I know that if my spouse had been brutally murdered, especially in situation where he was possibly ambushed, that I would not sleep well until the suspect was caught and jailed. I would keep wondering if the perp would show up when I slept, would be waiting for me whenever I came home or went to a new location, or if (s)he was watching my children. And if you listen to victims of crime talk about their experiences, they frequently say the same thing. They also express fear about convicted criminals being released even after several years have passed.

I don’t think video exists of the final confrontation. But IF it did exist I believe we would be able to glean significan clues such as height, size, strength,proportions, movements and mannerisms, dominant hand and probably figure out the gender, and possibly lead investigators to where DNA could have touched. So it would be big. But I think it is off camera and purposely out of camera range

The other huge thing about the confrontation being caught on tape is that we would likely not have to guess about whether this was a planned burglary or a planned murder. If the suspect is seen crouched in position and waiting for MB, it is likely to be a planned, premeditated murder. This would go to both motive and the charges itself. If, on the other hand, MB and SP bump into each other, that would likely support a spur of the moment killing. Did SP and MB interact before she was killed? What if MB was able to pull the helmet off SP? Would SP's identify have been revealed? Having video evidence of the crime itself would aid investigators as it would provide several clues and pieces of evidence.

I still don't think that CCoC was coincidence. MB would be alone, and even if she screamed, no one would be there to help her. She didn't stand a chance. I also think that the somewhat tight timeline points to this being a premeditated murder. According to police documents, it took between 10 and 12 minutes for everything to unfold. MB arrived at 4:18 and entered the church around 4:20; what is believed to be the suspect's vehicle was seen leaving around 4:30. If SP was still randomly roaming around the building, the chance encounter would have happened fairly shortly after MB arrived. Based on the wording of the initial SWs, it sounds like SP was lying in wait for MB. If SP knew what he was going to do, a simple hit to the head and few extra swings of the hammer would have completed the job. He could have then been on his way with time to spare.

Here's the other thing that nags at me about the chance encounter theory. If SP really was there just to B&E or steal AND he thought that he had all of the time in the world (since it was an early rainy Monday morning at a church), why was all of the damage to the church done in the back of the building? Rather than struggle with removing the lock, why didn't SP just enter under the awning? Those doors were solid glass, and we all know that SP has a propensity for breaking glass. Occam's Razor seems to indicate that would have been the easiest point of entry. Also, why park behind CCoC? If SP picked this location because he could burglar without threat of being caught, he would have no reason to worry about anyone stumbling upon his car or the broken glass until well after he was gone. However, we know that SP entered through the rear of the church, parked his car in a place where it could not be seen from the street, and only smashed glass in the north/east halls. Not coincidentally IMO, MB was killed in the SW quadrant of the church. JMO

ETA - And why would SP continue to carry a hammer through the church with him? If the hammer was used as a breaching tool, why not leave it by the door once he gained access to the church? As we see on the video, the interior doors were unlocked. He didn't need to the tool for access. It seems rather cumbersome to carry around a hammer.... unless SP knew that he would need that hammer at a later point in time.

Saying that the killer knew Missy would be alone makes no sense. The killer knew her class was coming and the first arrival only missed the killer by 15 minutes. If anything, the killer had a high probability of beiing interuppted or detained while fleeing the building and parking lot with one exit. I never understand why people continually claim otherwise as evidence this was a planned murder?

Saying that the killer knew Missy would be alone makes no sense. The killer knew her class was coming and the first arrival only missed the killer by 15 minutes. If anything, the killer had a high probability of beiing interuppted or detained while fleeing the building and parking lot with one exit. I never understand why people continually claim otherwise as evidence this was a planned murder?

I agree with your conclusion but
1) how do we know killer knew the CG class was coming?
2) the excellent timeline posted above suggests that the killer and the 1st CG'er may have missed each other by approximately 5 minutes.

Also, has there been any info made public regarding the earliest time the killer was known to be at the church? When he was first seen on video?

If this was premeditated, of course the killer knew that MB's class would be coming. That's why he had to act quickly. The killer had a sense of urgency. If he didn't, he risked being discovered before he had the chance to escape. Based on what we know, it took the killer less than 10 minutes from the time MB entered CCoC until the killer was leaving the crime scene. That's not a lot of time for him to come into contact with Missy, kill her, flee to his car, and drive off. There is also the issue of blood. If SP killed MB by wounds to the head and chest caused by tools seen in the surveillance and took those tools with him, there surely would have been a trail of blood. However, since MPD cleared the scene so quickly and "presumed" that SP left the same way he entered, it is likely that there was not a trail of blood to the exit. SP had to at least find a way to contain that blood in 10 minutes. That's either an extremely fast thinking SP or one who came prepared.

With respect to your other timeline, MB's class didn't start until 5:00. That was a full 40 minutes after MB arrived. While I do not know this for a fact about MB, I am sure that it was normal for her to arrive before all of the other campers. This is how it works at other CG camps, and we know that is how it happened on the day of her death. During that time before other campers arrived, she would be alone. I am not sure what's nonsensical about that. Assuming that this was premeditated, I am confident that SP knew that MB arrived before the others.

As you said, SP didn't know exactly how much time he had. He had to get out of there as quickly as possible, but here are a couple of things to point out. This was the first week of a new camp so the camper who arrived at 4:35 may have been there slightly earlier than SP expected. Maybe he didn't have quite as much time as he thought/expected. Second and perhaps more importantly, although the first camper arrived at 4:35, MB was not found until 5:00. That indicates that the campers did not enter the church until that time. That would have given SP 40 minutes alone with MB inside CCoC.

Also, based on the December 2016, it does appear that someone witnessed SP leaving the church around 4:35. However, SP still roams free so it doesn't really matter that a witness was able to give a description of the vehicle. He was unable to escape undetected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23