Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAPPENING WEDNESDAY:
Sini & Wesley Mathews may appear (1 attorney does expect them) in court tomorrow morning as they continue to fight to retain their parental rights over their biological daughter who is now 4 years old & is with family in the Houston area. Tomorrow will not bring a decision as to their parental rights, only set a trial date.
Sherin's autopsy could be released at any moment.
It could reveal how the 3-year-old died in October.
It could lead to more charges against her adoptive parents.
But know that it may leave many questions unanswered.

Maria will also be in court tomorrow (or today now).

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerr...255513683905/1081088958700554/?type=3&theater

That could very well be clever wording on the lawyer's part. An autopsy can give insight into COD and previous injuries. It isn't, in a case like this, likely to ID the perpetrator, AFAIK - hence, Sini isn't "implicated."

I do worry about what happens legally in a case involving child abuse when it isn't obvious what role each of the parents had in the crime(s). What WM has confessed to so far, even if the autopsy casts doubt on the statement, is enough to cast him in the role of primary perpetrator in Sherin's death. But I'm afraid Sini is going to walk on everything but the child endangerment charge stemming from leaving Sherin home alone.

That could very well be clever wording on the lawyer's part. An autopsy can give insight into COD and previous injuries. It isn't, in a case like this, likely to ID the perpetrator, AFAIK - hence, Sini isn't "implicated."

I do worry about what happens legally in a case involving child abuse when it isn't obvious what role each of the parents had in the crime(s). What WM has confessed to so far, even if the autopsy casts doubt on the statement, is enough to cast him in the role of primary perpetrator in Sherin's death. But I'm afraid Sini is going to walk on everything but the child endangerment charge stemming from leaving Sherin home alone.

Couldn’t they make the argument that at the very least she was aware of abuse and tried to cover it up? She is the one who took Sherin to the doctor and lied about the injuries.

Couldn’t they make the argument that at the very least she was aware of abuse and tried to cover it up? She is the one who took Sherin to the doctor and lied about the injuries.

And she is the one who said the CPS visit would mess up her weekend plans and supposedly made the decision to leave Sherin when WM asked what she wanted to do while they went out to eat. She is no way innocent whether she did the killing or not.

Maria Guerrero

9 mins ·

I am in court this morning as Sini and Wesley Mathews try to retain their parental rights over their biological daughter who is now 4 years old and is currently with Sini's family in the Houston area. ** I will post updates about this court proceeding on this thread. **
I have worked my sources since yesterday and confirmed Sherin Mathews autopsy and toxicology reports are complete. The autopsy states the three-year-old died of homicidal violence.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/…/Sherin-Mathews-Died-of-Homicidal-V…

The couple has been fighting for custody from the state of their biological child, a 4-year-old girl living with family in the Houston area. Both are expected in court Wednesday morning to try to regain custody of their biological daughter.
Sini Mathews' attorney told NBC 5 that nothing in the autopsy or toxicology reports implicate Sini in the toddler's death.
The Richardson Police Department and the FBI continue to investigate the toddler's death.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...olence-Autopsy-Report-Confirms-467840573.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maria Guerrero There are several other cases being heard in court this morning. So we have not gotten to Mathews case, but I have seen Wesley's attorneys. Wesley may not be brought over from jail this time.

Reply · 8m

Maria Guerrero Today's court hearing begins at 9 a.m. Both Sini and Wesley's attorneys wanted them to be present, but that may not happen from what I'm gathering in court this morning.

Like Reply · 27m

So, no court date yet for the "homicidal death" ?? for WM?

Thanks for the updates all!

Maria Guerrero CPS expects today's hearing to be very short. It will set a trial date for the beginning of the termination of the Mathews' parental rights. Their parental rights have not been terminated. The judge sided with CPS in the previous hearing allowing CPS to NOT provide services like parenting classes to the Mathews given the allegations against them in Sherin's case.

Like Reply · 26m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member