GUILTY Fl - Dan Markel, 41, Fsu Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #5 *arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...n-markel-slaying-suspect-magbanua/1000181001/
Trial delayed for Dan Markel slaying suspect Magbanua
Published 1:01 p.m. ET Jan. 3, 2018 | Updated 1:39 p.m. ET Jan. 3, 2018
The parents of slain Florida State law professor Dan Markel are expressing concern over another delay of another trial of another person suspected of their son's killing. They also say they have not been able to see their grandchildren in almost two years.
The trial for Katherine Magbanua, an alleged associate in what investigators say was the murder-for-hire plot to kill Markel, was moved to October.
[...]

Wendy should be absolutely ashamed of herself for keeping those boys from their grandparents. What an evil woman! :(

Wendy should be absolutely ashamed of herself for keeping those boys from their grandparents. What an evil woman! :(

What a nightmare! Hoping the boys are not being brainwashed.

What a nightmare! Hoping the boys are not being brainwashed.

I'm sure they are.....for now. Thank goodness for the internet as they grow into adulthood.

Sigh, her new trial date is October 8.

Again, Wow. I guess this is how it ends. Delays forever. Not a bang, but a whimper.
I don't consider myself a bad person but I do hope she rots in that jail.
Horrible, horrible woman.

Certainly there has to be some recourse the grandparents can take in order to see their grandsons. Anyone know?

This murder will not end in a whimper.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Certainly there has to be some recourse the grandparents can take in order to see their grandsons. Anyone know?

FL law doesn't favor the grandparents:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/fl-grandparent-visitation-rights-20150619-story.html
The 2015 grandparent rights bill, co-sponsored by Sen. Joseph Abruzzo, D-Wellington, was signed into law by Gov. Rick Scott this month. Some had hoped it would allow grandparents to tell the family courts why they should be able to see their grandkids.
The statute change, however, is limited to a very select group: families where the grandchild's parents are both dead, missing, or in a persistent vegetative state. It also applies if one parent meets any of the previous requirements and the other parent has been convicted of a felony.
Otherwise, grandparents remain blocked from having their visitation legal petitions considered in court, as Florida rulings have consistently upheld that parents have the right to control who has access to their children.
[...]

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0752/0752.html
The 2017 Florida Statutes
GRANDPARENTAL VISITATION RIGHTS
[FONT=&amp]752.011 [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Petition for grandparent visitation with a minor child.—[/FONT][FONT=&amp]A grandparent of a minor child whose parents are deceased, missing, or in a persistent vegetative state, or whose one parent is deceased, missing, or in a persistent vegetative state and whose other parent has been convicted of a felony or an offense of violence evincing behavior that poses a substantial threat of harm to the minor child’s health or welfare, may petition the court for court-ordered visitation with the grandchild under this section.[/FONT]

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...n-markel-slaying-suspect-magbanua/1000181001/
Trial delayed for Dan Markel slaying suspect Magbanua
Published 1:01 p.m. ET Jan. 3, 2018 | Updated 1:39 p.m. ET Jan. 3, 2018
The parents of slain Florida State law professor Dan Markel are expressing concern over another delay of another trial of another person suspected of their son's killing. They also say they have not been able to see their grandchildren in almost two years.
The trial for Katherine Magbanua, an alleged associate in what investigators say was the murder-for-hire plot to kill Markel, was moved to October.
[...]
This is so sad and so wrong, no son and no grandsons. My heart goes out to the Markel family.
Justice now!
imo.
From the link.
“With this latest delay, the Markels remain in agony. Dan, their only son, was stolen from them more than three years ago,” said Ruth and Phil Markel’s attorney Orin Snyder in a statement. “Since April 2016, they have not been allowed to see their grandsons, despite their repeated pleas. Throughout this horror, the Markels remain hopeful that they will one day see their grandsons again and that justice will be achieved.”

Tangible snow job.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/florida-snow-photos_us_5a4cf9e0e4b06d1621bc6a54
5a4cfafb1c0000220068e5a6.jpeg

brennanjuhan/Twitter Yep, that’s snow. In Florida. Residents in the northern part of the state, around the capital of Tallahassee

Faustian Bargain
1. An agreement in which a person abandons his or her spiritual values or moral principles in order to obtain wealth or other benefits.
2. A deal in which one focuses on present gain without considering the long term consequences

KM was arrested on October 1, 2016. Her trial date is now October 8, 2018. She was offered immunity and refused. What would motivate anyone, especially a mother of two young children, to pass on an immunity deal and voluntarily rot in jail for 2+ years and risk life in prison, especially when the alleged masterminds are running free in their luxury homes?

What is the answer to 99 out of 100 questions? Money.

I can't believe she is willing to sit in jail for that long. If I were her I would be LIVID that I was in jail and CA was running around town a free man. I would be wanting to sell him out immediately.

Some states have different views on grandparent visitations and can get tricky.

Faustian Bargain
1. An agreement in which a person abandons his or her spiritual values or moral principles in order to obtain wealth or other benefits.
2. A deal in which one focuses on present gain without considering the long term consequences

KM was arrested on October 1, 2016. Her trial date is now October 8, 2018. She was offered immunity and refused. What would motivate anyone, especially a mother of two young children, to pass on an immunity deal and voluntarily rot in jail for 2+ years and risk life in prison, especially when the alleged masterminds are running free in their luxury homes?

What is the answer to 99 out of 100 questions? Money.
Money AND stupidity.

Perhaps KM is safer in jail. Maybe they know more than they are letting on. JMO

IMO - KM's lawyers communicated a message something like this to her very early on -

"We have a message from a mutual friend - 'Keep your mouth shut, go to trial with my lawyers and win, and when it's all over you'll get paid a million dollars in cash.'"

i believe that several of the alleged conspirators' defense attorneys are in cahoots with the goal to protect the alleged mastermind(s) with various conflicts of interest possibly worthy of disbarments that will unfortunately never happen.

Does anyone know if Charlieboy is still drilling teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks