Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered if TM had anything to do with it. I followed the comments on some of the news FB articles and it lead to a conversation with ex of TM and a friend of TB/JS. The friend posted that she had been speaking with “the main who raised those girls” and he knew TM was a pedophile. The comments were posted before the girls were found. It makes me think everything blew up after Christmas, which is why the ‘boyfriend’ (assuming it was TB long term boyfriend) called the police when he couldn’t get in touch with her.

Do you mind PMing me with which ex it was? Or a link to the article? I'm just curious if it's his daughter's mom.

Apparently the rape in Louisiana was of a girl the same age:

Lewis Coats, with the Sulphur, Louisiana police department, said the alleged kidnapper was also investigated in 2015 for the alleged rape of a 13 or 14-year-old girl.
He said Miles moved to Texas during the investigation, and the case remains open.

http://androidevo.com/2018/01/05/man-wanted-in-texas-womans-death-in-custody.html

I'm not taking up for anyone here, but we do tend to make some pretty quick judgments based only on snippets of information we get from the press, even though we know they reduce interviews to a few sentences all the time.

We don't know when this father found out TM was in TX.

We don't know when/if he told TB.

He may have thought he had dealt with it, run him off, only for TM to go to Texas months later. If the guy didn't leave for Texas right on her heels, why would the father suspect that's where he went?
He could have only found out a week before this all went down. Tonya may have only found out about the situation in LA recently. And these revelations may be what triggered what happened.

Just because the press hasn't told us, doesn't mean he hasn't stated this information. I don't know if any of you have ever been interviewed by the press, but I have, and it's amazing how little they end up conveying about the actual interview. I've seen it happen again and again. In fact, they sometimes purposely trickle out information so they have more than one story to put out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I am going to go out in a limb.Why did Lily's father not seek any & all remedies available(i.e. HMs parole office)to defend Lily and punish TM for contact with her in Louisiana.Could it be Lily's father just didn't want to inconvenience himself and risk any unpleasant pushback from TM? By his own admission he believed TM interaction with Lily inappropriate.If he had dealt with TM in Louisiana is it possible the tragedy could have been prevented?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Please tell me I am too harsh. That you believe Lily's father never suspected TM was a sexual predator.Her father attributed the contact to Lily just flirting & innocently seeking TMs attention.

I just really have a problem with the adults in Lily's life not using every legal avenue to protect Lily.Why TM on parole a dangerous sexual predator was not reported to his board by the person most responsible for her safety.I have lost count of how many of these stories we have followed here at Websleuths.
:cow:
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I am going to go out in a limb.Why did Lily's father not seek any & all remedies available(i.e. HMs parole office)to defend Lily and pusish TM for contact with her in Louisiana.Could it be Lily's father just didn't want to inconvenience himself and risk any unpleasant pushback from TM? If he had dealt with TM in Louisiana is it possible the tragedy could have been prevented?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Please tell me I am too harsh. That you believe Lily's father never suspected TM was a sexual predator.Her father attributed the contact to Lily just flirting & innocently seeking TMs attention.

I just really have a problem with the adults in Lily's life not using every legal avenue to protect Lily.Why TM on parole a dangerous sexual predator was not reported to his board by the person most responsible for her safety.I have lost count of how many of these stories we have followed here at Websleuths.
[/FONT][/FONT]
I'm just saying we don't know when he knew and if/when he confronted TB about it. He could have been doing all that just before all of this occurred. I'm just not ready to hang him without more information.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You know, I have to say, if I were the parent of Lili, I wouldn't be advertising that my teenage daughter was the object of a grown man's desires. This is just too public. She could be looked at differently, embarrassed, traumatized, etc. It's time to think of what is in her best interest now and allow her out of the limelight. She just lost her mother to murder, and a good chance because this creep wanted Lili. It's time for this poor girl to have some privacy from the public eye. I hope her dad stops talking to the media/public.

Agreed! I will also add that, ugh I don’t know how to word this...... I wouldn’t want my teen daughter front and center after the trauma of a possible inappropriate relationship with an older man has become so public. There are a lot of creeps out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griffith said Miles met his daughter around July 4 because Miles was doing some work for him on his property in Sulphur, La. “They had just met and the next thing you know they were like best friends,” said Griffith.

“He was putting his arms around her and hugging her and not leaving her alone, and he had to have her right beside him,” said Griffith. Griffith said he knew Miles because Miles’ mother was Griffith’s cousin’s girlfriend.

Griffith said he immediately became concerned about the relationship between his daughter and Miles. He said Miles told him that “Lili was going to come with him and I (Griffith) was going to be okay with it.”

Griffith said he got Miles to leave his property about four or five days after Miles met Griffiths’ daughter. Griffith said his daughter didn’t think Miles was dangerous. “She didn’t see that side of him,” said Griffith. Griffith said he also didn’t know — at the time — about Miles’ extensive record of domestic violence charges.
Griffith said he found out in November from Bates’ ex-boyfriend that Miles was living with Griffith’s daughter, her sister and Bates. He said he sent Bates a text message about Nov. 16 asking her what was going on.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/loc...ls-placed-foster-care/QjKqrvrLHgtCncFjOOX9iJ/

More at the link - I had to limit because of copyright. Griffith claims Tonya texted back asking for information about Miles and that he told her the guy was a “liar” and “not really a good guy.” Griffith claims Tonya didn't believe what he said.

Griffith said Miles met his daughter around July 4 because Miles was doing some work for him on his property in Sulphur, La. “They had just met and the next thing you know they were like best friends,” said Griffith.

“He was putting his arms around her and hugging her and not leaving her alone, and he had to have her right beside him,” said Griffith. Griffith said he knew Miles because Miles’ mother was Griffith’s cousin’s girlfriend.

Griffith said he immediately became concerned about the relationship between his daughter and Miles. He said Miles told him that “Lili was going to come with him and I (Griffith) was going to be okay with it.”

Griffith said he got Miles to leave his property about four or five days after Miles met Griffiths’ daughter. Griffith said his daughter didn’t think Miles was dangerous. “She didn’t see that side of him,” said Griffith. Griffith said he also didn’t know — at the time — about Miles’ extensive record of domestic violence charges.
Griffith said he found out in November from Bates’ ex-boyfriend that Miles was living with Griffith’s daughter, her sister and Bates. He said he sent Bates a text message about Nov. 16 asking her what was going on.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/loc...ls-placed-foster-care/QjKqrvrLHgtCncFjOOX9iJ/

More at the link - I had to limit because of copyright. Griffith claims Tonya texted back asking for information about Miles and that he told her the guy was a “liar” and “not really a good guy.” Griffith claims Tonya didn't believe what he said.
This just keeps getting worse. JMO. How could the Mom not see this? TM must be quite the con. Ugh.

Sigh....a text message? That was due a call. Then he said Miles was not a good guy, but didn't tell her about Miles and his daughter?? I was trying to give dad the benefit of the doubt, but.......

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This just keeps getting worse. JMO. How could the Mom not see this? TM must be quite the con. Ugh.

It makes me curious about the NYC trip. Tonya's FB posts followed a pattern of including people when she went somewhere with others. For example, she would post "At [x] with [family, friends, etc.]. In her NYC posts she only referred to herself. That doesn't conclusively say she went alone but it strongly suggests it.

So, if that's the case then where were the girls during that time? We have Lili's dad claiming he texted Tonya in mid-November to say Miles was a bad guy and we have Tonya going on a trip mid-December possibly without her girls.

Also, another head-scratcher: Tonya had an active seeking money for a lawyer to represent her in an action against her nursing school. Yet she went on holiday to NYC, which couldn't have been cheap. What influenced her to go to NYC?

And finally, what happened between her return from NYC around December 20 and her brutal murder December 30? IMO there are several possibilities but for now I'm going to speculate that Tonya realized Miles needed to go away from her family and he reacted violently. But what caused that change eludes me. I just hope it wasn't something awful.

"Griffith said he knew Miles because Miles’ mother was Griffith’s cousin’s girlfriend."
(This makes my brain dizzy!)

Ok, after reading above that the dad did try to warn the mom...I'm still unclear in what capacity was Miles living with this family. As the boyfriend of the mom, as the boyfriend of the oldest daughter?
I hope this wasn't a situation where one parent blows off anything the other parent says out of hard feelings between the two, and that's why this warning wasn't taken. Ugh. These poor kids!!!!

Well, I know we're not to victim-blame. But who lets their daughter's boyfriend move in? Particularly when he's your same age and 30 years older than her?

The link also states the girls will be placed in foster care.

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I am going to go out in a limb.Why did Lily's father not seek any & all remedies available(i.e. HMs parole office)to defend Lily and punish TM for contact with her in Louisiana.Could it be Lily's father just didn't want to inconvenience himself and risk any unpleasant pushback from TM? By his own admission he believed TM interaction with Lily inappropriate.If he had dealt with TM in Louisiana is it possible the tragedy could have been prevented?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]
I don't think you're too harsh at all. The whole situation and what's resulted from it is mind boggling.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

[emoji852]️ Just wanted to say -- I'm furious and heartbroken about all this, too. But... I'm afraid I can't sit in judgement of any of the family members involved here. I'd like to think I'd be wise and heroic if this happened to someone in my life, but I also know I'm not fool-proof. If I had a perfect radar and could recognize evil every time without a doubt, I'd have a much different career.

Hopefully, all these inter-family details will come out in the trial, we'll know more, process it all according to our own moral compasses, and hopefully each of us will find some kind of closure. Till then, I'm listening, absorbing, speculating, but giving these family members a wide circle of respect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tonya filed two orders of protection against her former boyfriend in Bexar Co. One on 3/26/13 and one on 5/9/13. Both were dismissed because she either dropped it or didn't show. This adds another twist to the case, IMO.

You can find the records by entering her name at this link.

Tonya filed two orders of protection against her former boyfriend in Bexar Co. One on 3/26/13 and one on 5/9/13. Both were dismissed because she either dropped it or didn't show. This adds another twist to the case, IMO.

You can find the records by entering her name at this link.

Oh I see where you said former boyfriend I just didn't know former was like so a few months ago.
Ummm you guys look up the name of the defendant and look him up. Do you see a resemblance to anyone she knows on her FB. I'm kind of freaking. Maybe I'm seeing things.

Ummm you guys look up the name of the defendant and look him up. Do you see a resemblance to anyone she knows on her FB. I'm kind of freaking. Maybe I'm seeing things.

Yep In my opinion it's her ex-boyfriend that she just broke up with. So drawing from that that maybe she's sympathetic to domestic violence or at least seems to give an abuser another chance. Maybe she thought that TM deserved a second chance or he made up some sob story and she felt sorry for him. Maybe she wasn't as together and strong and she appeared to be.

Griffith was later shocked to learn that Miles had followed his daughter to Round Rock, where she was living with her mother.

"I just could not believe he was down there and I knew exactly why he was there," said Griffith. "He was stalking [my daughter]."

Griffith said he tried to warn his daughter but that she was argumentative in return.

"She said I was treating Terry like (expletive), and that she really liked Terry and wasn't going to let me tell her who her friends were," Griffith said.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/fath...afe-claims-suspect-was-stalking-her/505034169

The two girls who were safely recovered Wednesday in Colorado after being kidnapped from their Round Rock home were returning Friday to Texas, an official said, while the state is seeking to end the parental rights of their fathers.

The petition seeks to terminate the parental rights of the girls’ fathers pending investigation because of several factors, including that they knowingly allowed their child to remain in conditions that endangered the child’s physical or emotional well-being.

The father of the 7-year-old girl, Leonardo Bandera-Margret, is reported to be homeless and could not be located, the petition said.

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/cri...xas-cps-official-says/i8ZaT89P01bunvLJdAU33J/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288