IN IN - Marilyn 'Niqui' McCown, 28, Richmond, 22 Jul 2001

Niqui's Unsolved Mysteries segment which aired in 2002. Starts at 18:52

[video=youtube;dGKD8Q8OI3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGKD8Q8OI3A[/video]

Niqui's car was found on November 4th, 2001. To this day I can't believe it yielded nothing.

According to Niqui's Missing FB Page, Crime Watch Daily is filming a piece on her in late January. They don't know when it'll air yet but it's being shot later this month. That's' f*cking awesome. Niqui is one of the "lucky" missing black women, her story has been featured on Montell, Unsolved Mysteries, Dissapeared, and now this. Most people don't get sh**.

Niqui's family did the interviews with Crime Watch Daily a few days ago. After dramatizations and editing it'll premiere in about three weeks. I'll post a solid date when they post it.

This is big for Niqui.

Her Crime Watch Daily segment will air on Monday the 19th. Check your local listings for channel and time!

I just watched the 40 minute segment. It was good. It's the same story retold, but I'm glad it's getting fresh exposure.

Crime Watch Daily has uploaded the video in multiple parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHbE-DL5ZHc

This story will always stay in my heart. RIP Niqui.

Hey everyone! I am the assistant to the host of Unfound, Edward Dentzel. He did an interview with Niqui's sister, you should check it out.

Here is my friend Edward's page. He is the host of the podcast Unfound. /m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=626269313&ref=content_filter

Here is a link to the cases he has done so far. UnFound--A Missing Persons Program | Free Podcasts | Podomatic

UnFound--A Missing Persons Program

Here is a link to the Unfound Podcast Discussion Group. Unfound Podcast Discussion Group Public Group | Facebook

Unfound Podcast, where the weekly Wednesday live video is done.
Unfound Podcast

Unfound is also carried online by a major newspaper. UnFound — A Missing Persons Program/

Unfound is also on YouTube. Unfound Podcast

After watching this case on Unsolved Mysteries and reading their brief update on Tommy Swift, I found this online article, which goes more into detail about the relationship between Niqui and Tommy. According to the article:

Tommy Swint and Niqui McCown both worked together at the same correctional facility in Dayton, Ohio, and there were rumors that the two may have been more than co-workers -- or at least, that Swint wanted to be.

"In speaking with family and friends it was found that they believe that he had somewhat of an obsession with her," said Det. Miller.

An obsession that revealed itself during Niqui's bridal shower, when Swint gave her an unexpected present.

"At her bridal shower he gives her lingerie," said Michelle McCown.

—What was Tommy Swint doing at her bridal shower?

"He wasn't there," said Michelle.

"He sent it," said Tammie Hughes. "Very creepy."

"And this is before she came up missing," said Michelle.

So they both worked together in Dayton, where her car was found. I remembered that, according to Unsolved Mysteries, Niqui was found to have made a call to a friend on the day of her disappearance to talk about beauty products, and that she could've driven over there after picking up her laundry. At first I thought maybe she ran into Tommy there, and he did what he did.

But take a look at how the UM segment words it:

However, police later discovered that Niqui made a phone call to a co-worker who lived about a mile from where her SUV was found in Dayton. They talked about beauty products and the friend told Niqui she could purchase the items she was looking for in Dayton.

I assumed the "friend" was female because they were talking about beauty products, but the statement very carefully avoids gender—mentioning only "a co-worker" and "the friend." What if in fact she called Tommy? He lived in the area and was her co-worker. Maybe she did have a question about beauty products. I mean, if Tommy found and shipped lingerie to her, then face cream or makeup shouldn't be a big deal. Or maybe she called to thank him for the (awkward) gift?

Whatever the case may be, I'm thinking she called him from the payphone for wedding-related advice, and he realized this was his chance to have his way with her, so he lured her to Dayton.

I believe the “friend” she called set her up. She was also a coworker with Niqui and Tommy. This is my hometown, and there are a few people who think whoever this friend is, has some answers but won’t come forward. How can we find her?

Recently saw the NM segment on UM. It seems evident that TS may have been responsible for her disappearance (and almost certain death). However, he killed himself when LE were closing in on him for another murder (TE).

Yes, it looked like he was involved & maybe he was. But, there's no real way to be 100% sure - especially given that there is no body & therefore no real hard evidence against him.

I discount the creeps who were apparently hitting on her in the laundromat as having anything to do with this. Given that the clean laundry was found in her car months later, it's evident she left the laundry room & drove somewhere else - possibly Ohio?!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back