Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this and thought it may be relevant, even though it was two years old :

https://420blazeme.tumblr.com/post/131606097934/things-are-super

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You know, this is the first time I feel I've actually heard Blaze's unfiltered, uninfluenced VOICE. I hear parts of myself in it, parts of my kids, parts of people I've known and cherished and lost. God...that place he's describing. We've been there.

I think justice for Blaze means more than sentencing his killer. "Justice" would be a place for him of pure peace and freedom. I believe he's always deserved that.

Is this a fact for that specific location or speculation based on what it looks like from the pics?

I looked at GIS mapping and from what I see, there aren't any major drains in that park. I checked with a Maintenance Coordinator at work, responsible for park maintenance and operation and he told me it was irrigation so water doesn't pool and the dimensions.

Thinking of Lily ... she must be absolutely heartbroken :(

Nope once tape is removed no longer a crime scene. Of course they can always go back later if they need something. Apparently they have everything they need for this case so no longer worries of compromising DNA or the scene.

As I recall in the Chandra Levy case, they had removed the tape and it was several months later when new evidence was found in the same area. Several pieces, as I recall. Just amazing.

Gotcha. Like a culvert? (I only know what that is from following the Cheryl DeBoer case!)

i just had to google culvert. Yes I was thinking that type, the kind you see in Orange County flood channels

I looked at GIS mapping and from what I see, there aren't any major drains in that park. I checked with a Maintenance Coordinator at work, responsible for park maintenance and operation and he told me it was irrigation so water doesn't pool and the dimensions.

While we don't know whether Blaze was found in the pipe or somewhere else, if the pipe is indeed 2 feet in diameter and 4 feet deep, and Blaze was 5'8" and 130 lbs, it does seem possible that his body could have been concealed there.

At the least, the very recent trampling and tire marks near the pipe do imply that it has something to do with the case.

Two years would've been about right -- that's high school, isn't it.

There are post on that page that are more recent. We are allowed to point out thinks on the page, aren't we?

You know, this is the first time I feel I've actually heard Blaze's unfiltered, uninfluenced VOICE. I hear parts of myself in it, parts of my kids, parts of people I've known and cherished and lost. God...that place he's describing. We've been there.

I think justice for Blaze means more than sentencing his killer. "Justice" would be a place for him of pure peace and freedom. I believe he's always deserved that.

Beautifully said. I really hope that he was able to be proud of who he was. I take some comfort in his happiness about his writing abilities and the Penn Appetit editorship.

Thank you Leninlover6969 for explaining this to me.

If someone reading this post of mine still has access to BB's Tumblr messages/content -I can't see any of it anymore- please let me know if I can pm you with something I would like you to check/see for yourself. I believe I cannot post it here because it would go against TOS rules but I have kept in my head the username and exact wording of the message and I would like for someone to have a look at it. Preferably from the USA in case this is something that needs to be reported to the authorities there.

It could be a perfectly innocent message but I would like another pair of eyes to look at it please. Just in case.

Quoting my own post, sorry. I have sent a pm to a fellow websleuth with my concern about one of the messages on that Tumblr account. As I said before, probably it is nothing but I wanted to have that checked by somebody else.

Thanks.

wow, the drones were flying all over the northern wilderness area, maybe thats' where the guy pointed...the local borrego park is small and can be walked quickly can be seen across. It was bright that night. Were the lights on at the rest rooms? ..

Thank you, SoCalRes. I know that was difficult.

Your wish is my command :) You'll just need to zoom in on the image but here is a shaded relief. The black star is Borrego Park, the red dot is Blaze's home.

VIVH8mv.jpg

And for those who want more specific detail of the topography here is the proper topographic map with the distance ratio in-tact, the distance scale at the bottom of the map will allow you to judge distance.

bJpLas4.jpg

With only the greatest of respect to SoCalRes:
Thank you so much for going to the park and recording the videos. Your camerawork is clear, in focus and shows the area in great detail.

My questions are:
1) Has LE actually designated the area you show in your video as a crime scene (where BB was found) or is this still conjecture?

2) Has LE actually confirmed that BB was found in a drainage pipe, or even mentioned the existence of a drainage pipe in relation to this crime?

Again, no disrespect meant.

Was just watching CBS live on FB and they specifically mentioned that drain but didn't confirm one way or another. I am sorry, I don't know how to link FB live. They mentioned the tracks in that part of the park too. Apparently someone is reading WS. They were showing that a vigil was being set up in that corner of the park.

ETA: CBS Los Angeles Live

Question for those that have followed these cases closely... how long until they get a hold of his cell phone records? How long does that take?

Snapchat is only as good as his last snaps if he didn't save them.

Was his cell phone found ? I have so many questions on this case and I fear I have missed A LOT! The threads are moving at such a rapid pace

The detectives can be in contact with snapchat admins and can get archives, with a warrant.

Conjecture on my part:

- BB's mother's FB page has a number of photos of herself and BB's father/ the whole family with LGBTQ rainbow flag stickers. I assume they knew and were supportive of BB's sexual identity, whatever it was.

- There are a number of things posted on the TUMBLR just one week ago. This indicates that it was recently in use.

- If BB's phone was on a family plan (where his parents could keep track of who he texted and talked with) he could have a had a second untraceable "burner" or "pay as you go" phone for hookups. If his mother recently reminded him to turn the tracking on it could be because she was aware that he had an active hookup life.

I’m guessing that his body was found yesterday however, due to school being in session and people using the park, perhaps all the commotion with the cops in the park last night was because they were recovering his body. The whole charity donation post by his father yesterday all makes sense now.

Quick question: Did CBS mention the drain or has LE mentioned the drain?

Beautifully said. I really hope that he was able to be proud of who he was. I take some comfort in his happiness about his writing abilities and the Penn Appetit editorship.

This is the heart of it. [emoji813]️ I'd wish that for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni