NY NY - Patrick Alford, 7, Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #2

NYPD renews efforts to find boy who vanished 5 years ago from Brooklyn foster home

NYPD officers scoured Brooklyn and Staten Island Thursday in a renewed push to find a missing boy.

[snip]

Officers are hoping to have the same luck they had when they re-opened the Etan Patz case in 2010. Patz went missing in 1979 while walking to school. He was the first ever missing child to be pictured on the side of a milk carton. When the case was made public again years later the tips poured in leading to an arrest two years later.

Police recognize the similarities between Etan and Patrick’s case and with making this case public once again they are hoping any shred of new information will help reunite a broken family.

http://pix11.com/2015/01/22/nypd-redoubles-efforts-to-find-boy-who-vanished-5-years-ago/

Five Years After Disappearance, Search for Staten Island's Patrick Alford Continues

“Missing Persons” fliers for Patrick Alford hang from lampposts and paper car windshields along Vandalia Avenue in Starrett City in Brooklyn.

Thursday was the fifth anniversary of the Staten Island boy's disappearance in 2010 and police are hoping that someone who knows what happened to him will finally come forward.

[snip]

"Wow, you know, to see my son like that, you know, I don't even know what he looks like...the last time I seen him he was seven,” said mother Jennifer Rodriguez.

[snip]

Without giving specifics about the investigation into Alford's whereabouts, police officials say they have received tips that led them out of state, which is why they're urging anyone, anywhere, with information that could help locate him to come forward.

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...staten-island-s-patrick-alford-continues.html

NYPD detective still hopes missing boy Patrick Alford Jr. will be found alive

[snip]

"We believe he is alive and we absolutely remind the public there is a $12,000 reward in the case," Lt. Christopher Zimmerman told Newsday after a news conference in front of the apartment building in the Flatlands section of Brooklyn where Patrick lived with a foster family until his disappearance.

[snip]

While in foster care and before he went missing, Patrick was showing signs of emotional instability and was ordered to undergo psychiatric evaluation and treatment, according to records in the federal lawsuit initiated in 2010 by Rodriguez against ACS and others.

Zimmerman believes Patrick is alive, but Rodriguez has claimed in court filings that her son is presumed dead because he has been missing for over three years.

http://www.newsday.com/news/new-yor...-still-believed-to-be-alive-by-nypd-1.9835519

[h=1]The story so far: After 5 years, search for missing New Brighton boy Patrick Alford continues[/h]
http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/01/developments_in_the_case_of_pa.html

Interesting!!!!!! I wonder....well of course police can't tell all but this has me so curious.

Just reconnected with WS after retirement and move to home state. Looked up the kids I'd been following. Can't believe it's been 6 yrs. since Patrick went missing. I often think of him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://abc7ny.com/news/mannequin-being-used-in-search-for-missing-nyc-boy/1316255/

In a world of surveillance video and DNA matching and K9 searches, this is a most unusual investigative technique. A moon shot of sorts in the hunt for 7-year-old Patrick Alford...

"People in New York, they're so busy never have time to look around and look at people's face," said Rodrigo Linhares, of BBDO Advertising. But they do look in store windows.

So a group of designers at BBDO Advertising got the idea to sculpt a life size mannequin that looks the way Patrick would look today, at age 12.

The initiative is called "Invisible Faces," and now, a lifelike Patrick stands in this store window on one of the trendiest blocks of SoHo.

Uncle stays hopeful missing Patrick Alford is alive as NYPD scours Brooklyn, S.I. on seventh anniversary of his disappearance

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/uncle-trusts-nephew-alive-7th-anniversary-disappearance-article-1.2952730

The bicycle in his Brooklyn basement hasn’t changed much over the years — except for its rusty chain.

Wilfredo Toledo stares at the bike and is overwhelmed by a mix of sadness and hope. He longs for the day that his nephew will return to ride the bike — if the boy is still alive. The GT mountain bike belongs to Patrick Alford, who vanished without a trace at age 7 back in 2010.

“That bike was his life ... he loved that bike,” said the 60-year-old, whom Patrick called “Uncle Wolfie.”

“I think Patrick is still out there, definitely,” he added. “If you believe in God, there’s hope.”

On Sunday, the seventh anniversary of Patrick’s disappearance, members of the NYPD’s missing persons squad will again be out in East New York, Brooklyn, where Patrick was last seen. They’ll also be in Livingston, S.I., where he lived, in the hopes of generating fresh clues on the child’s whereabouts.

Cops will also be handing out computerized age progression photos of what Patrick could look like today.

“We will be doing everything possible,” an NYPD spokeswoman said. “This is a very active case. It’s a case that (the missing persons squad) has taken very personally.”

7 years later, mom haunted by memory of missing boy Patrick Alford

I often think of Patrick. Wish there would be answers soon.

:bump:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 225875D1-DCFE-464E-A3E9-E5A9A4B3FA18.jpg
    225875D1-DCFE-464E-A3E9-E5A9A4B3FA18.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 33
Patrick Alford missing for 8 years; NYPD seeks tips

01-22-2018 is 8th #Anniversary of Patrick Alford #Missing in .@NYPD75Pct #Brooklyn. Two photos are of Patrick plus one #Ageprogression Any info Call #CrimeStoppers at #800577TIPS #NewYork #NYPD #Bronx #Brooklyn #Kings #Manhattan #NYC #Queens #StatenIsland #Richmond #NewJersey pic.twitter.com/ZA38fyyGGb

-- NYPD Missing Persons (@NYPDMissing) January 12, 2018

-b5ccabcf16e583ed.jpg

-29581a3ed5adaaf5.jpg

http://www.silive.com/news/2018/01/patrick_alford_missing_for_8_y.html

Wouldn't the foster mother's version of events be easy to either prove or disprove since there are surveillance cameras in the stairwells? He couldn't have run down the stairs if there isn't a video image of him there.

NCMC1139843c1-1527267102-7712.jpg

(Photo courtesy of National Center for Missing and Exploited Children)

Patrick Alford has been missing since Jan. 22, 2010, when he was 7 years old; he's now 15. He may be in or near Brooklyn. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a red T-shirt and blue and black Michael Jordan sneakers. He's described as black and Hispanic with black hair and brown eyes, standing 4-foot-8 and weighing 65 pounds. He has a scar on his left eyebrow.

National Missing Children's Day: Find NYC's Lost Kids

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back