OK - Pastor's body found burned near Chickasha church, Jun 2017

There's a WS case -- in the South; can't remember the name -- in which a young woman in her vehicle was burned to death (she staggered out and fell, dying). I was convinced it was self-immolation (even though a former bf of hers has been arrested and awaits trial) and, in the course of justifying my opinion, looked up as many incidents of self-immolation in vehicles as I could find online. Astonishingly, there were a good many -- more that I thought, and I was the one proposing the theory in the first place. In vehicles alone.

Jessica Chambers? I kinda remember you suspecting suicide/SI.

Maybe it's been discussed before, but a few weeks ago I found this 2014 case of self-immolation:

"Feb 10 A 16-year-old Colorado boy who set himself ablaze in a suicide attempt last month in the cafeteria of his suburban Denver high school in front of 60 classmates has died from his injuries, police said on Monday.

Vincent Nett, a student at Standley Lake High School in the suburb of Westminster, walked into the school about 7 a.m. on Jan. 27, doused himself with a flammable liquid and set himself alight."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-colorado-teen-idUSBREA191VE20140210

Of note, I'm not leaning towards suicide regarding the pastor... primarily because of his criminal past, and his current religious work with ex-cons. But, I could be wrong ;)

Jessica Chambers? I kinda remember you suspecting suicide/SI.
snip

That's the one! At the beginning of one of those threads I re-posted an earlier list of Car Fire Suicides I'd found. Managed to sway no one as there's the "light self on fire" taboo to work around, I think. It does seem unimaginable; but it's not.

snip

That's the one! At the beginning of one of those threads I re-posted an earlier list of Car Fire Suicides I'd found. Managed to sway no one as there's the "light self on fire" taboo to work around, I think. It does seem unimaginable; but it's not.
Here we go, here's the list; mind, these are only car fire suicides, in the U.S. There are others -- perhaps more -- not involving a vehicle. Certainly self-immolating monks fall in that category, though non-U.S. Approximately 1% of suicides here are achieved in that grisly manner.

If he was struck by lightning while carrying a can of gasoline, that might be the ultimate sign of a higher power. But I think he was murdered.

Random, but I worked with a lady that committed suicide by fire in her SUV. It was awful. She was missing for several days and we were very traumatized when they found her. Can't imagine choosing to go that way.

Anyway, I still don't have enough to lean toward suicide or homicide. Not much info has been released. And there hasn't been much local talk about it in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep thinking, "Shouldn't they be ready to announce what happened?" but then I recall my Oklahoma and remember that we may never know.

I keep thinking, "Shouldn't they be ready to announce what happened?" but then I recall my Oklahoma and remember that we may never know.

Still nothing? I haven’t seen anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still wonder about this death.

No news??

I did find this (dated Mar 1 2018)

"... autopsy states that he suffered “severe localized burning with charring of the abdomen and surrounding soft tissue including the left chest and thighs.”

Officials say that multiple organs were ‘completely consumed’ by fire including both kidneys, adrenal glands, gastorintestinal system and the spleen. Several other organs and tissues were severely damaged.

However, the medical examiner says Walworth’s cause of death is undetermined.

His manner of death was also undetermined."

Medical examiner: Oklahoma pastor’s manner of death ‘undetermined’

No answers tho :(

Still nothing?

My guess is there won't be any further news unless family members call for further investigation or evidence of foul play surfaces. Again, just my guess.

Strangely, it does seem (per injuries in link I posted above) Walworth consumed a caustic/flammable substance. Maybe it was suicide?

Also, I kinda/sorta wonder if his injuries are same/similar-to "spontaneous combustion"? Does spontaneous combustion actually exist??

Misleading headline? Or are they now saying it was a murder?

It's a shame that after reading about some of these unbelievable stories, it's like they float off into never never land and you never hear anything about them anymore. What happened in this case? Was it suicide, murder, etc.? What in the world happened to end a man's life in this horrific way? MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back