Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

I wonder if they could make tests on her to estabblish where she had lived for most of her life, maybe also a dna profile. I always thought she may be of mixed race or atleast having part native or black ancestry but ofcourse I could be wrong.

We knew she stayed at a 2 motels in Oklahoma prior to her death, so she came from the north heading south:

"Two matchbooks were found at the scene; one was from a Motel 6, the other from a Holiday Inn in Henryetta, Oklahoma"4

Could she been from Kansan. Nebraska, Minnesota, South or North Dakota. If she was paty native american that makes sense and perhaps also why she was never reported missing. I think she was a drifter/hitchhiker and occasional prostitute hence her bad hygiene.

The other clue is that oval silver ring she had. Where was it bought? does it symbolize something? how many were produced? if we can answer those questions atleast we could narrow the search.

"Jewelry: Large, elongated oval-shaped silver ring with an abalone shell or mother of pearl-like stone in the center."

For some reason I couldn't manage to post photos here so here's the 2 links from google maps

First one is where Henrietta, Oklahoma is on the map. Where JD apparently spend a night before heading south. She was found close to Georgetown in Williamson county, just north of Austin, Texas. I believe she came from one of the states north of Oklahoma in the mid west and heading south for better opportunities. If she came from Iowa, Wisconsin or Minnesota I believe she would've headed to Chicago, Illinois instead but now she chose Texas instead so its likely she came from Kanas, Nebraska, South or North Dakota instead, if not Canada?Ofcourse this is just my theory since most drifers/prostitues goes to larger cities.

https://www.google.se/maps/place/He...7d69addc4220e6!8m2!3d35.4398261!4d-95.9819429

The second picture is where I believe she was found, a culvert on innerstate 35, just under a large bridge. Just west of the town of Georgetown. She was just dumped there and killed elsewhere. Possibly killed by a trucker. One witness called the police saying she seen her hitchhiking close to Georgetown the same day.

https://www.google.se/maps/@30.6449...4!1snnL3WKgUIyw5D4WBPYC_-Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I see plenty of similarities too. Orange Socks was 5.8 to 5.10 and Maria was around 5.6 according to nameus. Marias hair is descibed as Blond/Strawberry while Orange Socks hair is described as Red/brown. Eyes colour is hazel for Orange Socks and blue for maria. However that may not mean much cause it's matter of how you wanna describe it. Marias hair could be descibe as reddish too.

Both had big noses and similar eyes. Marias nose lookes a bit more crooked though, both appeared to have had pieced ears but the ears look diffrent. Eventhough they look alike my gut sais it's not a match.

It appaears like her maiden name was Maria Mihalic. Spouse: Joseph N Placz. According to ancestry.

I agree she might not be a match but I think I should submit her, there are similarities .
It could be the lighting in the photos but I wouldn't say her hair should be described as blonde/strawberry, it looks brown/auburn to me.
there's no DNA available for Maria yet.

So this poor girl had extremely long toe nails and make shift sanitary products, an untreated std, but she had teeth in very good condition and painted finger nails? None of this makes sense. I think she may have been held captive by someone before her murder.

Screenshot_20180124-143546.jpg

http://charleyproject.org/case/marla-jean-thomas
She was just added to Charley project in November. There are a few things off but I couldn't help but see the resemblance to the NCMEC recon.

Reasons why it couldn't be her:
-Height is off
- LKA was 1974
- eye color is listed as blue

Reasons why I think it might be her:
-the teeth in the PM photo look just like hers
-closets MP I've seen to the UID NCMEC recon
- few details are available on her case which means the above descriptors could be wrong (such as height, LKA,)
-she would have been 27 in 1979 which fits in the age range
-the length of time between her LKA and this UID being found could account for the bushy eyebrows and missing teeth.

What are your thoughts?

Hm, yes, that is a very close appearance. The eye color and height both concern me, though we've seen discrepancies that big turn out to be a match. So I dunno.

View attachment 129207

http://charleyproject.org/case/marla-jean-thomas
She was just added to Charley project in November. There are a few things off but I couldn't help but see the resemblance to the NCMEC recon.

Reasons why it couldn't be her:
-Height is off
- LKA was 1974
- eye color is listed as blue

Reasons why I think it might be her:
-the teeth in the PM photo look just like hers
-closets MP I've seen to the UID NCMEC recon
- few details are available on her case which means the above descriptors could be wrong (such as height, LKA,)
-she would have been 27 in 1979 which fits in the age range
-the length of time between her LKA and this UID being found could account for the bushy eyebrows and missing teeth.

What are your thoughts?
those eyes don't look blue though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

those eyes don't look blue though.

My thoughts exactly! If they were wrong about eye color, could they also be wrong about height? MP report is sparse for details. If you line up the MP nose with the NCMEC recon the facial features line up almost perfectly (obviously correcting for the tilt and the slackness of the face PM)

I think it's easy for reports to be wrong about hight. I was talking to someone I work with everyday and suddenly realised I was looking up to talk to her. Before that I could have sworn she was about the same hight as me. I thought she was about 5ft3 when in actual fact she is about 5ft7. And thats enough of a diffrence for people to say its a ruleout.

I think it's easy for reports to be wrong about hight. I was talking to someone I work with everyday and suddenly realised I was looking up to talk to her. Before that I could have sworn she was about the same hight as me. I thought she was about 5ft3 when in actual fact she is about 5ft7. And thats enough of a diffrence for people to say its a ruleout.

I agree, especially since her MP report was made so long after she went missing! And the height is off by 4-5 inches. That's an easy mistake to make when it comes to estimating a female height. And HLL claimed that this Jane doe's name is "Joanie or Judy"... Could she have gone by her middle name and it was "Jeanie" ?

The nail in the coffin is that her Namus says DNA sample is submitted tests are complete. :tantrum: so in all likelihood this isn't our Jane doe.

@1:51 A possible connection...?

[video=youtube;UZDGbM-jj3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZDGbM-jj3w[/video]Untitled.png

Investigation continues into 'Orange Socks' cold case
Investigation continues into 'Orange Socks' cold case

In 1979, a passerby discovered the body of a woman lying in a ditch along Interstate 35. To this day the woman has not been identified and the Williamson County Sheriff's Office has only referred to her as "Orange Socks".

For almost 40 years, the murder investigation has remained shrouded in mystery because authorities have not been able to discover the identity of the woman
Commander Brinkmann says authorities did find a matchbook laying in the bar ditch near the body that was from a hotel in Oklahoma. Investigators traveled up there but couldn't find the woman on any registr

"On the way down bringing Lucas to Georgetown the sheriff says Lucas pointed out to the culvert where he had dropped this girl," former Williamson County District Attorney Ed Walsh says. "We ended up indicting him and trying him for capital murder."
"He recanted on almost all his confessions after the trial. Nobody knows how many people he killed. He certainly didn't kill everybody he claimed to have killed. I would estimate about 100 folks," Walsh says

Many wonder though what would make Lucas confess to a murder he possibly didn't commit? Investigators say the evidence did not suggest that Lucas was the murderer.

Psychologist Tomas Yufik studies the neuroscience behind serial killers and says many of them "love to tease the police and the media and almost all of them are very much narcissistic."

In addition investigators can now test the socks to see where they were manufactured. They also plan to examine the ring that was on her finger.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back