Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this in reference to?

i think they are talking about the reason LE arrested him on his way somewhere in the car, rather than arrest him right at home. i might be wrong though /shrug.

i think they are talking about the reason LE arrested him on his way somewhere in the car, rather than arrest him right at home. i might be wrong though /shrug.

That sounds right to me. Thank you!

Thank you. I think you are right, too. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out. :thinking:

So true! I didn't even know it was retracted until I went back to look for it and couldn't find it any longer. *sigh*

That reporter jumped the gun, so that video is no longer online. I don't know where he got that information from, or whether he speculated himself because of the black belt in suspect's car, but that is indeed, false information. You are not crazy, it was there and now it is gone.

What an amazing life this young man led in the short years he had on this earth. What he gave and what was to be realized. I wish I never knew his name, never knew what an incredible person he was. If I never knew. He would still be alive.

That reporter jumped the gun, so that video is no longer online. I don't know where he got that information from, or whether he speculated himself because of the black belt in suspect's car, but that is indeed, false information. You are not crazy, it was there and now it is gone.

It was there for sure. Whether it was speculating on the reporters end or not, I do think that strangulation is how he was murdered. Not necessarily with that belt tho. jmo

I do support a soft kill theory meaning strangling. Yet one of the links stated they were analyzing blood if I remember correctly???? I just pray he did not suffer.

I do support a soft kill theory meaning strangling. Yet one of the links stated they were analyzing blood if I remember correctly???? I just pray he did not suffer.

I figure the blood could have come during a struggle or a bloody nose, scratching, biting? I read about blood evidence as well.

I figure the blood could have come during a struggle or a bloody nose, scratching, biting? I read about blood evidence as well.

I’m finally caught up and right on time because I wanted to mention about SW’s face and blood.... peoples said earlier it looks like he has a “meth face”
with all the marks. I haven’t seen a recent picture of SW right before the murder/booking photo, but I wonder if those are scratches/ scabs from Blaze trying to fight back as SW was holding him down. Especially since Blaze was smaller, I wonder if he was able to scratch only at his face... not quite reach SW to stop him but maybe he could have scratched him pretty good which would have potentially left SW’s blood on Blaze’s shirt?

Just my thoughts, moo. But it may explain the marks on SW’s face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Bravo,

You may be right, but I guess I have not looked into SW's background in order to agree. Where might I find some info on SW?

It makes me sad whenever someone is killed --They are always the shinning light. A loss to society, while the killer is always worthless.,. I happen to know a lot of people who when young would have been described as "write-offs" to society, but learned from their mistakes and ended up Becoming a very valued member of that society. I in fact was a screw up. Anyone who knows me today is shocked at my background. They never met the worthless me only people who knew me in my youth would agree with the Worthless label.

Forgive me, this kind of thinking has always been a sore spot with me. This is in no way addressed to you., rather society in genera-we humans can be very tough on each other.
I will read up on SW, though, for a better understanding.

MOO!
RUK
I suppose it is just easier for us to accept when it is put in Black and White terms. Victim the Bright future......Suspected killer the Dark menace to. society.

This thought came about not because I disagree with you , but your post made me think about the many cases discussed here and in the news that always seem to be presented that way.
I would like to read some info on the background of SW. Perhaps it would make me understand a motive...If he is the killer

TIA,
RUK.

:goodpost:

I think it was a pretty usual hour for 19 yr olds, home from school. I don't think it was that odd an hour.

I don't believe this was ever about drugs. I think they were planning a quick hook up, and BB did not realize how angry/emotional/resentful, his ex friend was. JMO

:yeahthat:

I’m finally caught up and right on time because I wanted to mention about SW’s face and blood.... peoples said earlier it looks like he has a “meth face”
with all the marks. I haven’t seen a recent picture of SW right before the murder/booking photo, but I wonder if those are scratches/ scabs from Blaze trying to fight back as SW was holding him down. Especially since Blaze was smaller, I wonder if he was able to scratch only at his face... not quite reach SW to stop him but maybe he could have scratched him pretty good which would have potentially left SW’s blood on Blaze’s shirt?

When I saw that arrest video of SW, he looked like he'd been in a scuffle. Of course he said his injuries were from his participation in a fight club but I think it was a different kind of fight. One with Blaze Bernstein and it was the fight of his life. IMO

Hi I'm fairly new around here though I've posted a couple of time on other stories - but please forgive me if I don't quite follow the rules. I'm probably repeating much of what others have already said as I've read most of these threads. But this is what happened from my point of view.

My own initial thoughts were that it was either a drugs deal or hook up gone bad. I now suspect having read other non MSM sources that they did indeed know each other at HS and perhaps had a fling or relationship, though probably something fleeting and insubstantial. But maybe no contact but they'd definitely noticed each other and had some attraction.

I think that SW was wrestling with issues with regard to his identity, sexuality, not fitting in and was maybe bullied in early years (just 'a bit off' as many have said), who therefore used his politics and opinions to establish a rationale for why he didn't fit with a majoritively liberal culture at the arts based high school. It suggests to me that he has a struggle too with his sexuality which caused some internal and external conflict with how he saw himself and other homosexuals.

Blaze on the other hand looks like a confident and happy gay young man. On the path to success at a good school (in contrast to SW?). However good his relationship with his parents I suspect they would not have known about all his activities (possible membership of gay hook up sites and even use of drugs).

So I think after a lovely homely evening with parents and grandparents BB and SW got chatting on snapchat (maybe after seeing each other on a hook-up site or another social media site) and decided to meet - maybe just for a catch up or more. Both young men were attractive in an interestingly different way and I could understand that there was still a lingering attraction whatever the nature of their previous involvement. Potentially BB fancied a a brief hook up or he just went to talk, maybe he hadn't quite made up his mind but the hook up was certainly a possibility. For a quick hook up he didn't need money or ID for that, didn't take his glasses for vanity reasons, and certainly wasnt going to tell his parents that was what he was potentially popping out to do. (I think thats normal however liberal your parents!)

I think they probably ended up at the park for that hook up and either BB changed his mind, made SW feel inadequate or small in some unintended way, or SW simply couldn't deal with seeing himself in this compromised position and lashed out. SW was a beefier, taller, stronger guy and could easily overwhelm poor BB who put up a fight and potentially had SW's DNA under his fingernails as he desperately tried to claw him off him (leaving the scratch marks as testament). There may also of course, be other DNA traces elsewhere. SW disposed of the body and texted the friend on BB's 'loan' phone - as an attempt to divert suspicion towards BB getting himself into an alternative situation with a third person...

But SW was panicking and not thinking clearly about how to cover his tracks, explain away BB's disappearance and his own alibi. Later, at 4am he may have returned to check he had concealed the body well - having been in a panic earlier. He suspected this would be found out via CCTV or phone tracking so had to say he returned to the park looking for Blaze later.

I think SW was definitely in a panic state - I do not believe the murder was pre-meditated, so his movements and explanations were a bit off. For my own part I suspect he might have been quite infatuated with Blaze - the confident, happy and popular kid he half wanted to be at HS and half loathed too.

I don't think he set out intending to kill BB. I think his messy attempts to cover his tracks and divert attention show that.

There are a few things I don't fully understand yet though:
- how the family or police tracked down SW straight after BB went missing - this suggests they had some contact on more than one app - maybe spotting each other on one social media forum and then switching to snapchat or Whatsapp to arrange to meet. If it was, as I believe, the family who made contact with him when they discovered BB missing they must have been able to access one of these apps as BB's phone was missing. It is this access to the app that immediately brought SW into the frame. If they had only communicated on snapchat he would not have been easy to track down - it might have taken longer to trace cars, phones or CCTV to lead police to him.
- dirt under the fingernails several days in - its been said - strange that he hadn't managed to get rid of it (a guy not used to gardening!) but it again points to his panic and confusion - as you'd expect in a young man now finding himself a murderer.
- what did the parents know or suspect? - son is closely involved in a disappearance, being questioned by police, followed by reporters hovering outside your house and sitting at your table with dirty fingernails. His mother must have asked him the direct question.
- Cars - I'm not clear about where his car is and the rental car details - I didnt entirely catch up on the sources for this info - presumably more will come out later about that.
- Flight - did police arrest him because he was about to make a run for it? They were keeping him under surveillance and then had got the DNA results back. How can SW have thought he'd manage to run away? Not sure that any change of appearance/haircut was convincing!

We probably wont ever have all the answers with the possibility of a plea bargain.

Finally and I'm sure I shall be unpopular for saying this - please take as read I am of course desperately sorry for BB and his family. But I am also sorry for SW. I've now seen a number of pictures of him and frankly I don't think you can say he looks evil, hostile. Maybe blank and disconnected but actually there's a range of looks and pictures - like any young person. He is a good looking young man.

But clearly if he's prosecuted and convicted something has very badly gone wrong in his psyche and experience to bring him to this dreadful place, a suspected murderer, someone who has (if proved) snuffed out someone else's life and ruined many others including the victim's familly's, his own and his family's lives. We may never know the conflict, turmoil, regret or confusion in his mind since it happened - or the plain stupid defiance from someone who never felt like he fitted in. Whatever, the real truth he simply wasn't clever or calculated enough to cover his tracks.

How sad. Both Blaze and Sam started life with lots of advantages and opportunities to have good and happy lives. And its come to this.

:cry:

Intentionally NOT snipped, to give this some more views. IMO, this is a likely chain of events and their "causes"; even more to my point, you've voiced what I haven't yet found the words for. This is exactly where my head has landed, even after spending the day prowling out unflattering info on SW. I'm feeling like my response to BBs parents' request for more love and compassion in the world, will be to at least try to imagine what SW's internal experience has been, to have led him to where he is on this evening. And then maybe find someone else in the same shoes, and change their world for the better, in any way I can.
(jmo)

:candle:

Could also be plain old acne. We just don't know...

When I saw that arrest video of SW, he looked like he'd been in a scuffle. Of course he said his injuries were from his participation in a fight club but I think it was a different kind of fight. One with Blaze Bernstein and it was the fight of his life. IMO

My understanding is that SW explained to LE that the injuries on his hands were from the "fight club." When I look at his face, I see lesions that could be scratches/wounds, but could just as well be acne, either hormone- or drug-related. For me, a stronger indication that there may be drug use is the change I see in his facial and neck composition, from school photos from just 2-3 years ago. His face is far more lean and angular now, which could be an indication of low BMI. The film footage of him walking from the police car to the jail showed a very lean frame with very loose ill-fitting clothes (and not in fashionable way.) Folks have remarked on how big he is, but in the world I inhabit, a man 6'2" weighing 185 lb. is on the lean side (not that he couldn't also be strong and fit.) He may have just "stretched out" as he matures into adulthood, or there may be a health-related cause (illness or drug use.) To me, his weight and the condition of his skin is primarily of interest as potential clues regarding drug use. If he is using, some currently popular street drugs induce hallucinatory episodes that can include out-of-control emotions, as well as interludes of a kind of "super-human strength." Other indicators are weight loss, facial sores, and eventually severe dental degradation, all leading to a recognizable "skeleton" or "zombie" appearance. Our local sheriff's department is having quite a challenging time with increased use of these specific drugs here, and I know it has reached epidemic proportions across the country. Use of these drugs is known to increase the rate of violent crime; not just in drug-deal-gone-bad scenarios, but specifically from hallucinatory episodes. I am just watching for all the clues I can see, not making any statements whatsoever about SW or what happened in this case. Looking, thinking, theorizing...

MOO.MOO.

Hi all-I am new here! I have read almost every word up until yesterday morning, but have been out of the loop today, so forgive me if this was previously addressed. What exactly do we know for sure regarding the communication of the victim the fateful night and by parents the next day (and I’ll explain why I ask)? I thought I remember seeing the following, but let me know if some are only rumor:

- BB and SW had communicated via Snapchat.
-BB sent SW his address (I thought I had read this was ‘texted’, but do we know if text or Snapchat)?
-odd communication from BB’s phone to unnamed friend that night, right before the phone was disabled (I was thinking text, but do we know?)
-parents learn of SW next day via Snapchat

I understand BB using loaner phone (we know parents went to Apple store, so seems likely to pick up BB’s phone from being repaired, perhaps?). Regardless, unlike most other social media apps (like Instagram or Facebook, for instance), you cannot login to a Snapchat account simultaneously on 2 devices. So if BB was using Snapchat on loaner phone, then Snapchat from any other device would automatically log out. So the only way parents could have accessed Snapchat the next day is if they had login and password. Which seems odd that a 19 year old would give parents social media passwords. (Or I guess maybe BB only had Snapchat going on iPad at home and didn’t access from loaner phone?).

Sorry...none of this is probably terribly helpful but I am just trying to get a better handle on how these communications occurred.

I wouldn’t be surprised if details re: communication are key. I wonder if there was a hookup, and if BB DID actually send the unusal text. If text was something that could be construed as derogatory towards SW and SW got his hands on the phone, then that could have set him off... just speculation...

IMO.....

I think B thought that S just “needed someone to talk to”. I think that B never had any intentions of leaving his property, he just thought they would talk outside. Yes he took his borrowed phone, but most people keep their cell with them ALL the time. Then S says “let’s ride around” and it went from there. At some point B ended up at the park, but we don’t know if he was even alive at that point.

S first told LE that B texted him on Snapchat and ask him to give him a ride to the park (1/2 mike from B’s House). So S drove all the way from Newport to give B a ride to a park 1/2 mile from his house. He said that when they got there B said they were meeting another friend and walked into to the park and S went to use the restroom (which everyone knows is locked at that hr.). S comes out of restroom, waits an hr. for B while repeatedly Snapchatting him asking where he is at, then he leaves. That was the info that was used when the search for B started.

I dont know this for a fact, but I’m pretty sure all sorts of “red flags” went up for LE. So, everyone is looking for B and homocide investigators are reviewing security surveillance cameras that are all over that area, except inside the park where S says he last saw B, and tracing the “pings” off of the cell phone B had and probably other stuff as well. Also keep in mind that S probably thinks that LE only had access to the Snapchat messages that had not yet been opened, the ones S sent to B asking where he was at during the hr. S was supposedly waiting for him outside of the park.

So, LE asks S to come into the station for additional questioning. S thinks he’s got his story “down pat” and that it looks like he’s cooperating doing everything he can to help find his “friend”, B. I think the questions got a little mores specific and this is where S has an “oh @#$&” moment and realized that LE knew more than what he first told them and this is where “Hobby Lobby, the girlfriend, suspects visible nervousness” came into play. He’s being asked questions he hadn’t “prepped” himself to answer. During the arrest press conference the SO said that they had been at multiple locations in that are. Remember, the body was found on Tuesday, the search warrant executed Tuesday night and all of this was made public on Wednesday.

The affidavit used to secure the search warrant does not have to include every single piece of info LE has, it just needs enough to prove probably cause. Some of it, which I’m almost positive we don’t know ALL of its contents bc it was rather lengthy, could be completely irrelevant. The dirty fingernails weren’t as strange/unusual as the victims explanation for them. Facial scratches, depending on the severity of them, but again, suspects explanation for them was pretty far fetched. Anyway, I think that this was when reality set in for S and he probably realized he was in some deep doo.

There were three search warrants executed. I think it’s safe to assume one of those was for a DNA sample from the suspect. Again, pure speculation, but I don’t think LE would use DNA obtained illegally to tie the suspect to the murdered buried body.

Regarding the hair color. Yes, suspect did dye his hair at some point over the last 10 days. There is NOTHING blonde about that color even if there are 700 shades of blonde. As to why he did, only he knows. Maybe he was just ready for a makeover.

The visible difference in his appearance is not from meth or illegal drugs. It’s a mugshot, there is no photo shopping or filtering for imperfections. You can’t compare a 2 yr old HS Sr. picture with a mugshot taken for a murder arrest. The areas on and around his chin are either shaving nics (deep ones) or, given the current situation, fingernail digs. Digs that probably took oof the first two layers of skin. Skin that could have been left somewhere it didn’t belong.

Just my thoughts, but given the amount of info we have at this point, makes much more sense that a lot of these other “thoughts”.

To clear up any misinformation from some recent posts:

Cause of death has not been announced, therefore references to strangulation, stabbing, etc are not allowed as they are nothing more than rumor. We will know in due time.

DNA has not been defined by LE to be blood. It could be any number of things, therefore references to blood are not allowed as they are rumor.

We have no knowledge of what the marks are on SW's face, therefore any discussion can only be speculation or your opinion.

We do not know when/why SW left or finished school. That is rumor and must not be discussed.

Do NOT post or discuss any of the above rumors.

Websleuths deals with facts. While speculation, theory, and opinion is allowed, you must make it clear in your post that it is your speculation/theory/opinion, and it must be based on some known fact. FACTS must be supported, or be able to be supported, by links to MSM or LE or official documents.

Any questions regarding the above can be directed to me or any Mod/Admin via the Alert system or through private message so as not to derail the thread.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member