CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange Co, 27 Jul 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t been online for a while. I was hoping there would be some type of advancement for Bob’s case. Obviously not :(

I did want to tell this group working Bob's case, I lost my husband of 48 years this year in April.

I know what happened to him and where he is. I can't imagine Fontelle not knowing these things about her Bob. I imagine it only adds to her heartbreak, not knowing. And even though she knew him for a long time, they were newly married. It cannot be a coincidence that they had just married and before he could put anything in her name, he disappeared. I wonder how this would have worked out had he not told the family he was adding her to everything he owned. I believe that announcement is what signed his death warrant. IMO

Sorry for your loss (((Seajay))).

Whenever I am reminded of Bob I am thankful there is no statute of limitations on murder. That's a heavy monkey to be on someone's back 24/7.

Here's some msm from this last summer which somehow wasn't added to the thread.

http://www.orangecoast.com/features/vanished-orange-countys-infamous-cold-cases-bob-harrod/

Note the mention of a body not being necessary for a murder conviction. That leads me to believe the investigation is headed in that direction.

I did want to tell this group working Bob's case, I lost my husband of 48 years this year in April.

I know what happened to him and where he is. I can't imagine Fontelle not knowing these things about her Bob. I imagine it only adds to her heartbreak, not knowing. And even though she knew him for a long time, they were newly married. It cannot be a coincidence that they had just married and before he could put anything in her name, he disappeared. I wonder how this would have worked out had he not told the family he was adding her to everything he owned. I believe that announcement is what signed his death warrant. IMO

Thinking of you.
And Bob, of course.

If Bob disappearing from his house was such a non-event for his son-in-law, how come his wife (Bob's daughter Julie) started calling family and rushed to his house the next morning.
To clean it!
It.makes.no.sense.

*Unless you are a homicide detective

Also, calling bs on the 'we thought he'd taken off on a road trip' story, combined with the 'he was legally blind, not in his right mind/didn't know what he was doing when he married Fontelle' stories also.
Either:
You are confident of someone's mental faculties and unconcerned if they take off
Or
You are concerned about someone's mental faculties and you demonstrate that the minute they go missing

Not the next day. Halfheartedly. Then fail to search for that person in any way, shape or form.

Thinking abt all the flooding in parts of California, too bad the rain didn't wash away a grave where maybe Bob has been buried. jmo
Wouldn't that be thankful moment for all the rain!

eta: or maybe it has, and he hasn't been found yet.

Unfortunately, I have nothing to update this thread, but had to bump it because I can't stand to see it so far back on the forum. Still thinking of Bob and Fontelle and praying for them daily.

I really hope detectives are still working on and building a case against whoever disappeared Bob.

My fear now is that after all this time, if his body was discovered, how much evidence is lost due to weather and the elements that might have led to his killer if the body had been discovered soon after he disappeared?

Yes, at least there is not statue of limitations on murder. Someone hopefully has to look over their shoulder every second of every day.

Where is Bob? He needs to come home.

I really hope detectives are still working on and building a case against whoever disappeared Bob.

My fear now is that after all this time, if his body was discovered, how much evidence is lost due to weather and the elements that might have led to his killer if the body had been discovered soon after he disappeared?

Yes, at least there is not statue of limitations on murder. Someone hopefully has to look over their shoulder every second of every day.

Where is Bob? He needs to come home.

Yes, on all of the above.

And it does worry me that there will be very little forensics results when and if his body is located. So they might not be able to even say it is a homicide. Hopefully he was buried or wrapped in something, so it will be obvious he did not just wander away and pass naturally.

Someone should be looking over their shoulder every day. A few someones, most likely.

found this case this weekend and fell in love with Bob and Fontelle's love story and then just grew more disheartened every thread. cannot imagine this level of evil against someone so deserving of a bit of happiness. had to bump for Bob....

We don't know what happened. Yet. Bob hasn't been found. Yet. It is impossible to believe that some of those closest to him don't know what became of him. This love story is such a tragedy, It seems clear that Greed and Jealousy has ruled. So far. I hope I see the truth revealed. Soon. I hope Bob and Fontelle get justice. I hope the guilty suffer. Forever.

Wandered back in, hoped for resolution for Mrs. Harrod.

Nope.

Mixed feelings about seeing the old gang waiting & watching for rain & hikers & shreds of news.

IIRC, she now lives close to her own adult children. (Hasn't disappeared, either.)

Maybe by their wedding anniversary in July, a stricken conscience will go to LE with a lawyer & a tale to tell?

I wonder if Fontelle's passing would spur a confession -- with the $$$ safely within the family....

Dear Opie,

I hear you. That is such a tragic part of this as well.

Deep compassion from everyone on this thread towards Bob Harrod has always been strongly felt.

The genuine care and worrying about Mr. Harrod runs through each of the posts from the beginning.

This has felt heartbreaking to me too, and I live a thousand miles away. It's just so gut-wrenching.

Tragically there is no sense of love or compassion at all from the family members evident within any of the coverage I have read or viewed.

I agree with you that there will be justice served in this case. Sometimes it takes a long time but I believe strongly that it will happen.

Partial skeletal remains found in Crestline with the assistance of Rim of the World Search and Rescue.

These remains were found not far from a dump which serves Running Springs.

Ok, let's try this again. I don't see a way to delete the duplicate post..... Anyhoo, if I am reading my maps right, these remains were found in the 1000 block of Waterman Canyon Rd. and the dump which serves RS is located at 988 Waterman Canyon Rd.

It could be nothing and not at all related to Bob's case, but it certainly gave me a nervous stomach. And, it made me wonder if after these 9 years Bob's been "missing" someone wanted another family member out of the remaining "inheritance". This search was a result of a tip regarding a missing person.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member