Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepared with a knife for to kill in a non threatening situation and stabbing to death a person who was smaller and considered gentle ( as describe in many previous posts) , who was also openly gay in what is obviously a rage which is consistent with the frenzy of stabbing over 20 times, if he felt threatened by all 130 or so lbs of gentle blaze he could have pushed him down. This killer is a sick person and it's obvious to most of us, who havent a clue about him nor his life, he didnt get crazy 2 weeks ago nor suddenly radicalized against certain people from any outside forces ( those are excuses), he's a sick, murderer. It is my opinion that he wanted to kill Blaze, probably was conflicted about being attracted to him, I wont say self loathing because I feel the term attracts sympathy, he probably knew there would be a come on and planned the fantasy of murder hopefully this did not include sex at the time of the murder but unfortunately that is a sick and awful possibility. I believe this was a completely contrived plan, this kid is a bad person and his parents have probably been worried about him for years. Only sick and terrible people kill like this. This was not a passion murder where knives grow from trees and he just had to grab one because he walked to a secluded area in the woods with a small, kind gay man who might just kiss him. So sickened. So horrific Blaze's death must have been. His parents are crushed forever, may they find a way to live.

Snipped

BBM I'd just like to mention that this tale of a 3rd person is something that SW apparently told LE when he was questioned when BB was first reported missing. So far there is no indication he actually said anything to Blaze about meeting a 3rd person, in fact I would suggest that SW never said anything about a 3rd person to Blaze because LE has stated that BB and SW drove around to several locations before arriving in the park. If they were supposed to meet up with a 3rd, which was apparently the reason for BB having asked for the ride in the first place, then why did they drive around to several locations, hanging out and talking instead of SW driving BB immediately to meet up with this 3rd person.
Well I'm not sure what the attorney friend saw to make this statement below. I don't see a reason to discount it being what he said to BB. He could have been looking for a place where there were no other people around and in the car said something like they were too early and would drive around a bit to use up some time.

Annee Della Donna, an attorney and friend of the family, discussed the timeline since Blaze's mysterious disappearance.
"At 9:30 p.m., he sent a text message with his family's Lake Forest address for a high school buddy to pick him up and take him to the park to meet the third person," she said.

https://patch.com/california/lakeforest-ca/missing-lake-forest-have-you-seen-blaze-bernstein

In 2016, two people I cared about very much were murdered because they were gay, in addition to 47 others. It was the most DEMEANING thing to our community for the media --- with no evidence whatsoever -- to imply that the murderer was gay himself... yet, that's what everyone here is doing. You should be ashamed.

Omar Mateen was not gay. He committed a hate crime against gay people which was wrongly portrayed. Bernstein's parents believe this was a hate crime against their son. Is that outside the realm of possibility or is this just another case of gay-on-gay killing???

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friends, as well as the loss of all the lives taken in that horrific attack.

The one comment I’ve read from BB’s parents regarding a hate crime was this
“We are in solidarity with our son and the LGBTQ community,” the Bernsteins added. “There is still much discovery to be done, and if it is determined that this was a hate crime, we will cry not only for our son, but for LGBTQ people everywhere that live in fear or who have been victims.”

I do not read this to say that the parents believe it was a hate crime. Obviously, they’re raising the question.

Just wanted to mention that for clarity. We don’t have all the facts yet, and people on this forum are trying to consider all possible motives. Hopefully, we’ll know more this morning.

MOO

Another night of insomnia for me. So I trust my fellow friends will take good notes at the presser! TIA! I wish I could stay up and watch it.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the media tried to make this about politics... disgusting. It's OK to mention it as a backdrop for example to understand his differences from his classmates, but spending half the article on it, give me a break!

Being serious and direct does not make you a killer. Holding political views that are different than those of your classmates does not make you a killer. Even the teacher, the only adult in this interview, indicated that knowing all these things about SW's personality he didn't see a killer in his class.

But of course the media has to pursue it's "liberals are angels and conservatives are the evil" narrative to further divide the country at every turn.

What happened to turn him into a killer likely happened much later, even possibly as late as the night of Jan. 2nd.

This murder is not about politics, it is about homosexuality and rage and the many year relationship between BB and SW. Let's please stay focused on that and give us more details about those aspects.

JMO
I don't see it as making this political. The people they interviewed are giving examples of things he said or did that explains what they mean by the broader descriptions they use (quiet, direct, rubbing people the wrong way).

I would expect, if I was a murder victim (or a perp), that my personality traits might be discussed, and reference made to my political leanings and religion because they are all tied together. Except for people who do not identify strongly with any politics or religion, things like this are important in painting the larger picture of someone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The previous post reminds me of a very unpleasant thought, but one that is relevant to the investigation: a violent stabbing, with 20 or more blows, must have resulted in a tremendous amount of blood.

So far, LE has only mentioned what sounds like trace blood on a sleeping bag. I can't help but think that SW had splatter on him, and that the physical surroundings during the murder may have significant evidence of blood.

If that's the case, I think there is a good possibility BB was stabbed at a location other than where he was buried. The alternative is that SW was so adept at setting up the murder scene, that trace blood is almost non-existent. That concept, however, does not fit with his overall handling of this situation after the fact (flimsy alibi, almost obvious b.s.)

I am sure that CSI Orange County has considered this, and I expect that interesting info will be revealed over time.

This was a statement in the beginning, SW Stated to LE to absolve himself from his crime IMO. It was a failed attempt to distance himself from the investigation, he was only missing at that point. yet SW hastily buried him in that park. IMO I do not believe one thing SW has stated, this is my personal belief and conclusion based on what we know now. The slight description of BBs wounds lead me to believe he may have been on his knees. We will have to wait for his Case to come to trial. I hated writing this post, and I mean no disrespect. SW was armed, he came to this meet and greet armed and we don't know if LE has recovered the murder weapon. Knowing SW's parent is a therapist made my skin crawl. I repeat we do not know where BB was murdered. Did he wrap him in the sleeping bag after? Did he drive around w him afterwards? Did he kill Blaze in the hobby lobby parking lot?

Link to description of wounds, please.

I think[ B] planning was involved, [/ B] BB was set up, SW brought along the stabbing implement, possibly used a rental car that night, stabbed him over 20 times. Also dyed his hair but I don't know exactly when. What I'm sensing is revenge for having been treated in a way he didn't like. When people say it was too badly planned to have been premeditated I don't agree - he had the tale set up for them meeting a 3rd person. I wouldn't be surprised if that is how he lured BB out that night, something like there's someone here from high school has asked me to take you to meet him, he won't let me tell you who because he wants to surprise you, has a massive crush on you kind of thing. Then when he gets there he tells him it is him really, and stabs BB when he is compromised and completely off guard. I don't think he had his alibi of where he went sorted out because he assumed he had done enough to satisfy LE that there was a 3rd person.
RSBM

This. If true that the "3rd person" scenario was set up by SW, it was premeditated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Snipped

BBM I'd just like to mention that this tale of a 3rd person is something that SW apparently told LE when he was questioned when BB was first reported missing. So far there is no indication he actually said anything to Blaze about meeting a 3rd person, in fact I would suggest that SW never said anything about a 3rd person to Blaze because LE has stated that BB and SW drove around to several locations before arriving in the park. If they were supposed to meet up with a 3rd, which was apparently the reason for BB having asked for the ride in the first place, then why did they drive around to several locations, hanging out and talking instead of SW driving BB immediately to meet up with this 3rd person.

OMG! It just dawned on me. Maybe BB was told there would be another person, and thus the reason he felt OK being with SW! If BB thought it was going to be three of them hanging out, making out, whatever, he may have let his guard down. Maybe BB told SW there would be a 3rd person there, to ensure SW showed up to take him? I don't know. But I can see the possibility of one or both saying another person would be there, whether that was true or not. Possible another person was suppose to be there but didn't show up.

All I know, these young men had a life ahead of them. It didn't have to end this way. Whatever the circumstances, I wish they had made a different decision and stopped this. I can't imagine either family's grief.

The main reason I don't think this was a planned murder is the way SW responded afterwards. IMO, if it was a planned murder, he would have thought to leave the body in that vast wilderness, had an alibi, not placed himself at the scene of the crime, not lied about a girlfriend, not lied about an address, thrown away that sleeping bag and any other evidence, been prepared to deal with the body rather than apparently coming back at 4 am. The narrative has too many loose ends. If someone had been thinking about murder since the fall, he should have had a better plan.

The previous post reminds me of a very unpleasant thought, but one that is relevant to the investigation: a violent stabbing, with 20 or more blows, must have resulted in a tremendous amount of blood.

So far, LE has only mentioned what sounds like trace blood on a sleeping bag. I can't help but think that SW had splatter on him, and that the physical surroundings during the murder may have significant evidence of blood.

If that's the case, I think there is a good possibility BB was stabbed at a location other than where he was buried. The alternative is that SW was so adept at setting up the murder scene, that trace blood is almost non-existent. That concept, however, does not fit with his overall handling of this situation after the fact (flimsy alibi, almost obvious b.s.)

I am sure that CSI Orange County has considered this, and I expect that interesting info will be revealed over time.

Has it been stated that the COD was due to stab wounds? What I mean is that maybe he was strangled first, his heart stopped beating, and then he was stabbed. If his heart wasn't beating there wouldn't be significant evidence of blood spatter.

My opinion is that SW wanted Blaze to perform a sex act on him. When Blaze interpreted it as something more intimate - kissing, etc. - SW flipped because in his mind if he accepted those kind of intimacies it would mean that he (SW) was gay. One of the articles I read said that SW told authorities that he wanted to call Blaze a derogatory name during their encounter.

Has it been stated that the COD was due to stab wounds? What I mean is that maybe he was strangled first, his heart stopped beating, and then he was stabbed. If his heart wasn't beating there wouldn't be significant evidence of blood spatter.

I hope the COD will be revealed today, Wednesday, at the hearing (9am Pacific). This sounds like a valid point regarding the blood. If correct, and the body was indeed stabbed 21 times post mortem, then we have an interesting psychological aspect to the murder.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure where the ~20 stab wounds were first reported, but we have been operating on the concept of rather extreme violence (such as multiple stabbings).

Whatever the reason, SW is a murderer. BB is his victim.

BB happens to be/have been openly gay.

SW was not, for whatever reason, be it closeted or straight.

They knew each other since high school.

They get together one night, go to places with surveillance cameras that capture their movements and then BB ends up dead, in a shallow grave, in a public park and SW calls the police within 4 hours of the murder and reports BB missing, taking LE to the park.

It doesn't sound premeditated. And, it sounds remorseful. He took LE to the body within 4 hours of killing him. Why? Guilt. Remorse. He wanted them to find the body.

What he did is horrific, it shows a lack of self-control that is unacceptable in a civilized world and he must be imprisoned to keep others safe. I suggest for his natural life. He is a danger to society as is every person who intentionally takes the life of another without any legal defense. I agree, wholeheartedly.

I just don't see any benefit to calling it a hate crime. Murder is hateful and none less hateful or more hateful than another. It is all hate.

BBM: I not 100% sure but I think this was premeditated. He may have called the police just so they don't suspect him??? Maybe he was thinking he could get away with it??? I really don't know but this is my guess. SW stabbed BB over 20 times and I'm assuming it was with a knife. He actually carried the knife with him to the spot where he killed BB. I think SW took the sleeping bag with him luring BB into "making out" in the sleeping bag, then went from there and tried to bury BB the best he could. I think he then freaked out realizing what he did, drove around a bit, made up a story (therefore the girlfriend, didn't know last name or where she lived). MOO!

I hope the COD will be revealed today, Wednesday, at the hearing (9am Pacific). This sounds like a valid point regarding the blood. If correct, and the body was indeed stabbed 21 times post mortem, then we have an interesting psychological aspect to the murder.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure where the ~20 stab wounds were first reported, but we have been operating on the concept of rather extreme violence (such as multiple stabbings).

If memory serves the report of the stabbing was made by a reporter on their private Facebook page, it was found by a WS'er who then reported it here and as with all things like that it became fact. To my knowledge no one in LE or MSM has specifically stated that he was "stabbed over 20 times."

If memory serves the report of the stabbing was made by a reporter on their private Facebook page, it was found by a WS'er who then reported it here and as with all things like that it became fact. To my knowledge no one in LE or MSM has specifically stated that he was "stabbed over 20 times."
It's literally the headline in the OC Register article from Monday:
Blaze Bernstein stabbed at least 20 times in possible act of rage
https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...ed-at-least-20-times-in-possible-act-of-rage/

I don't think the knife was premeditated. As I said above, I think the COD could have been strangulation, followed by stabbing. In my scenario, I see strangulation, then SW got a knife (maybe from the car, amid the camping equipment) and returned to the body. The stab wounds made it look like a violent attack, which it was of course, but I think in SW's mind the overkill would throw the suspicion away from him. SW might have thought that Blaze wasn't fully dead from the strangulation so he made sure he was by finishing him off with the knife.

Respectfully, we are going the wrong way. There is no evidence that SW reached out to LE after BB died and as the poster above me just posted the OC Register reported the 20 plus stab wounds!

Prepared with a knife for to kill in a non threatening situation and stabbing to death a person who was smaller and considered gentle ( as describe in many previous posts) , who was also openly gay in what is obviously a rage which is consistent with the frenzy of stabbing over 20 times, if he felt threatened by all 130 or so lbs of gentle blaze he could have pushed him down. This killer is a sick person and it's obvious to most of us, who havent a clue about him nor his life, he didnt get crazy 2 weeks ago nor suddenly radicalized against certain people from any outside forces ( those are excuses), he's a sick, murderer. It is my opinion that he wanted to kill Blaze, probably was conflicted about being attracted to him, I wont say self loathing because I feel the term attracts sympathy, he probably knew there would be a come on and planned the fantasy of murder hopefully this did not include sex at the time of the murder but unfortunately that is a sick and awful possibility. I believe this was a completely contrived plan, this kid is a bad person and his parents have probably been worried about him for years. Only sick and terrible people kill like this. This was not a passion murder where knives grow from trees and he just had to grab one because he walked to a secluded area in the woods with a small, kind gay man who might just kiss him. So sickened. So horrific Blaze's death must have been. His parents are crushed forever, may they find a way to live.

I totally agree with this. His ideologies do not matter. He would have latched on to any available ideology to justify his desire to destroy. Maybe he twisted the conservative ideals he was raised with. He could have done the same with liberal ideals. It does not matter.

His classmates and teachers were sensing he was "off". They knew intuitively that something was wrong. We hear this over and over again with school shooters. There could have very easily been a much higher body count at OCSA. IMO.

He wanted to kill. I can see it in his face. I can read it in the actions we know about thus far. Blaze had no idea what he was dealing with. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member