Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory is that after the word got out last June by BB that SW hit on him, SW got wind of this. Perhaps this was the only chance or earliest opportunity SW had to exact his revenge due to BB being in another part of the country, but SW hears that he is home for the holidays and starts his plan. I suspect we will hear from friends who knew of SW rage toward BB. All JMO

Yes, this is the only theory that resonates with me so far. But if this caused SW's rage, I'm not sure anyone knew about it. I think LE may have a hard time determining the motive and exact circumstances here. The main reason those matter is to negate a possible "heat of passion" defense that could reduce the homicide to voluntary manslaughter. MOO.

I believe that yesterday, Woodward's mother asked for privacy for both families:

""I would like it very much if everyone would respect our privacy and the privacy of the Bernstein family," she told NBC4 outside her home. "This is a time of great suffering and we would ask that you would respect that suffering. Thank you very much.''"

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/Criminal-Charges-to-Be-Filed-Against-Man-Arrested-in-Connection-With-UPenn-Students-Murder-469639603.html
Danke!

Idk, maybe it's me, but I'm not looking too deep for motive. Why did David Berkowitz shoot 8 people? Why did Robert Chambers strangle Jennifer Levin? Why did Jesse Matthew murder Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington? I don't think there is a reason. We might learn more details of what transpired that ended with this tragedy, but unless it's self defense, this can't ever be explained.

So the question would be, when did SW go back to the park? And was it to bury BB. Did he haul him around in the car for days after the murder! And did he bury him in the park after the dogs and search teams had been in the park looking for BB. Could that be by the dogs missed the remains the first time, because they were not there yet?

But how stupid would SW have to be to tell LE that he and BB were in the park, and is questioned about it and what happened there (BB walked away and disappeared) then goes back with the body and buries him when that is the primary search site for LE in trying to locate BB?

None of that makes any sense to me. I have a very hard time believing he had a body stashed somewhere and then went back to that same park to bury it. WHY do that? He could have driven up to the vast Angeles Forest area quite easily, and place him somewhere no one was looking already.

And I really don't think he could have carried a body around or put him anywhere with out being detected. JMO

SWs family has not made a statement of any kind correct? It means nothing that this killer went to church, to me. IMO I am seeing sympathy towards this murderer, and while revenge is useless, misplaced trust and sympathy in a killer is dangerous and unhealthy To Me. Usually when a sudden shocking crime occurs, a killers parents offer sympathy and apology to the victims family. Not so in this case. Not one word.

Cherry, that’s actually inaccurate. Any attorney worth a damn will advice the family involved in a murder trial to stay out of the media and keep their mouths shut. One wrong word can be twisted into an admission of guilt.

She said the most appropriate thing she could - she asked for privacy for the Bernstein’s. Let’s not put the parents on trial.

I'm sorry but the OC Register isn't completely trustworthy. Before the hearing today they reported in their article SW was being held in $2M bond. Now after they are still reporting that there was a suggested $2M bond that wasn't granted. This simply isn't true.
This concerns me because although they may be releasing facts from the affidavit, I can't trust the manner, tone, or context with how these snippets are being released. I would like to see this information in the context of the entire document, not how they choose to portray it.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...-using-a-knife/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The DA spoke this morning in a press conference and said that it was possible that Sam was eligible for bail and that he might get it. That came from the horse's mouth on TV. Several hours later, the judge denied bail. Sam's attorney said they would revisit the subject of bail on Feb 2. This was all on TV.

The DA spoke this morning in a press conference and said that it was possible that Sam was eligible for bail and that he might get it. That came from the horse's mouth on TV. Several hours later, the judge denied bail. Sam's attorney said they would revisit the subject of bail on Feb 2. This was all on TV.

i understand that. I watched it. However the Register included in their article prior to the hearing that he was being held in lieu of $2M bond and after the hearing changed their reporting to he had been held on $2M bond. This simply isn't true. Yet they are still reporting it.

"Woodward had been held in Orange County Jail in lieu of a $2 million bail, but Wednesday afternoon prosecutors successfully got a judge to remove any chance he could get out on bail."

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...er-charge-with-enhancement-for-using-a-knife/

SWs family has not made a statement of any kind correct? It means nothing that this killer went to church, to me. IMO I am seeing sympathy towards this murderer, and while revenge is useless, misplaced trust and sympathy in a killer is dangerous and unhealthy To Me. Usually when a sudden shocking crime occurs, a killers parents offer sympathy and apology to the victims family. Not so in this case. Not one word.

Just want to make it clear, my heart is broken for the Bernstein family! They lost their son, Blaze. He and his family are the victims.

They have all my sympathy, and I can't begin to imagine their grief.

I don't feel 'sympathy' at all for SW, if he is proven to be guilty. While I do believe there must be some mental derangement for anyone to kill, that does not translate to 'sympathy'.

He made that choice and he is responsible for his actions. I will rejoice in justice for Blaze in every sense of the word.

My feelings about SW's parents though are not anger, revenge, or misplaced trust. I don't know anything of their relationship with their son.

Killers can be created in an unhealthy environment. I don't dispute that.

Killers can also come from loving families who have done all they can to help that individual throughout their deeply troubled life.

Since I don't know which environment SW grew up in, I'm willing to give his parents the benefit of the doubt.

I can't imagine being in their shoes either.

That's all I'm trying to say...

JMO

None of that makes any sense to me. I have a very hard time believing he had a body stashed somewhere and then went back to that same park to bury it. WHY do that? He could have driven up to the vast Angeles Forest area quite easily, and place him somewhere no one was looking already.

And I really don't think he could have carried a body around or put him anywhere with out being detected. JMO

I agree, I believe he was killed in the park for the reason you mentioned. I think it would be hard to drag a dead body around. I also believe this was premediated.

I agree. None of that makes sense. So I wonder what the reason was that SW returned to the park after the murder? Was it to make sure he was still buried and not exposed? To relive the crime? What was the purpose?

I find it extremely unlikely that this murder occurred over one unwanted kiss. I would put big money that the motive behind this killing is considerably more complicated.

Agree. I highly doubt that this was over a kiss. There’s more to this story, and I believe, more to their history.

In addition, the body would start to decay! I think if he went back to the park, he was checking to see if the dirt was still covering the body.

This is dated 11/17

More hate crimes were carried out in the United States last year, with an uptick in incidents motivated by bias against Jews, Muslims and LGBT people, among others, according to new FBI data released Monday.
There were more than 6,100 reported incidents of hate crimes in 2016, up from more than 5,800 the year before, the FBI said in a report based on data submitted by law enforcement agencies across the country. The number of hate crimes increased for a second consecutive year, and as was the case in 2015, the largest share of victims last year — nearly 6 in 10 — were targeted because of bias against the victim’s race or ethnicity.
https://www.hrc.org/resources/hate-crimes-timeline

IMO it may just be a rise in acknowledgment of the term

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree. None of that makes sense. So I wonder what the reason was that SW returned to the park after the murder? Was it to make sure he was still buried and not exposed? To relive the crime? What was the purpose?

Maybe to see what LE was doing there? Maybe he was beyond nervous and couldn't help checking out what was going on. MOO

Some killers just kill to kill. They get a high out of it, or some other gratification. These are usually your serial killers. But even they will have a "reason" in their minds of why they do it. Usually having an incident in their young lives that was traumatic for them. They find victim that remind them of this incident and will kill to feel as adults they are doing something about it they couldn't do when they were younger. This is just an example.

As Joe Kenda says, it's usually money, sex or revenge are the three usual motives for committing a murder.

Now, most of us would not commit murder if one of these three elements were in our lives. But some people do. It doesn't make sense to us, but it would make sense to the killer.

I believe in SW's mind, he had a "reason", a motive for killing BB. I don't think he was one of those who would kill the way a serial killer would or someone who gets a thrill just out of the kill.

We don't know yet what that is. In reading what the affidavit says, we may well have our motive. One being that BB outed him. One being that BB made sexual advances towards him. We don't know. There may be another reason still to be released by the OCR. We may eventually get to the things we are not allowed to talk about now. We don't know. Yet.

Even though we wouldn't kill someone for being outed, or have a sexual advance made to us, it doesn't mean that SW didn't. People have killed over less. IMO

It will be interesting to see if BB and SW had on going communications since June, and who made the initial contact Jan 2nd and who suggested they meet up that night.

I think it was part of his so called 'alibi.' Like, 'see, I was worried about my friend and I came back to find him...' :liar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie