CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abcessed teeth are a problem for neglected children who have never seen a dentist in their life (IME).

Maybe they were fortunate to have no dental problems. I never saw a dentist until I was an adult, though we did get fluoride treatment in elementary school once. I was fortunate to not have bad teeth or any other dental issues then. All my life I had only a few small cavities to be filled.

I believe it is like clocking in at a factory. Manufacturing equipment has to be running 24/7. Somebody has got to keep it running.

So he was a production engineer? I had the impression he was an electrical engineer.

Why do I think that? Because these are the same parents that paraded food in front of them but didn't let them eat it, and bought toys but didn't let them open the boxes. That's why.

ETA: Embellishing the horror is a bit dramatic. I didn't suggest they got tied up out the front of the gates or anything. I just doubt LT would have been kind enough to be standing around while they cycled at least half a dozen kids through those rides.

I think the Disney trip(s) were for the benefit of "family" who showed up. I noticed the lack of kids on rides too. As in NONE. In the Disney photos, there was one with his parents, and one, I think, with dad's, brother and his family (they were not dressed alike and looked to be of normal weight/size, unlike the very thin Turpin siblings).

Rather than have the family come to visit them at their home, (not gonna happen), they probably met them in Anaheim, with everyone dressed in new clothes, and smiling. Hence the Turpin grandparents being in shock. They'd seen a smiling, well groomed, facade. You know they didn't see their true home. D&L may have even told the children, before they went to the park, not to ask to go on rides, or they picked a couple for the kids, but didn't take photos.

The Disney photos we see, I believe, if like Orlando, were just taken, in front of Disney photo op spots. Stand there, grab a photo, and you can upload it to FB later. (I wasn't able to read much yesterday and I've gotten behind, please forgive, if this has already been suggested.)

One more thing, it was noted in one of the papers that one of their vanity plates read, DL4EVER. I thought of DisneyLand 4 Ever, but, as the writer of the piece noted, it can also reflect each monster's first initial, plus 4EVER.

Im wondering how the kids kept up with a timeline..if they were sheltered and closed off from the outside world, how did they have any knowledge or meaning of time such as days, weeks, months, years? Can the children's statements be fully accurate since they are so far behind? Of course, LE probably has their own ways to help them deduce a timeline, etc.

The one taking classes...was he currently taking classes, or did this happen in the past, such as years ago before the abuse got worse?

i can't believe LE would say no mental illness is at play here..obviously there is something wrong with these people. My guess is the dad is on a more severe end of the autism spectrum..mother might be mentally ill in other ways or even mentally challenged. Could be people who simply didn't have the ability to raise children and take care of them. Their punishment methods might have made sense to them.

i think both parents probably grew up in abusive homes as well..I pray the kids aren't sent to live with any of the family.

Some of the kids seem mentally challenged as well to me from the videos, specifically the eldest daughter and the smaller boy with the eyes who seems like he needs glasses but doesn't wear them..before I ever even read these were the two kept restrained.

if they were mentally challenged and had behaviors or acted out, they could have been restrained because they didn't know how to deal with them? Could it be they grew up with similar punishments?

Of course, in many ways they seem too calculated to not be fully aware of what they were doing.

The parents seem so stunted and stuck in childhood fantasies..could it be they tried to keep the kids there so they'd have playmates and be surrounded by children?

When they went through bankruptcy proceedings, does someone come out and check the homes for value etc? How could they miss the signs of hoarding and neglect, if so?

are we sure the dad was still an engineer? Don't engineers work during the day? Could he have been a security guard or something?

as for their teeth, wouldn't years of malnourishment and abuse cause their teeth to decay and possibly even fall out?

(Bestill, I recall your "Minnie Mouse in jail" avatar you used to use for Heather Elvis' case...it seems as though that could be fitting here as well.)

I found Shaggy in jail for this one. Seems fitting because that's who he reminds me of.

Hi! :). I don't think so, because LE said she'd been planning the escape with at least that one co-escapee for 2 years, and that the sister she left with became too frightened to continue, and returned to the house.

I don’t think LE said it was a sister. I noticed he was being careful there and didn’t reveal if it was a male or female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Former DA says this was a cult. Very informative interview.

Ambrosio Rodriguez, who spent 13 years as Senior Deputy District Attorney of Riverside County with experience in the sexual assault child-abuse unit, discusses the torture and child abuse case against David and Louise Turpin with Crime Watch Daily.
https://www.facebook.com/crimewatchdaily/videos/1849352168422900/

Thanks osu, he said windows on family van were completely blacked out- couldn't see in and couldn't see out-
part of parents' plan to keep kids isolated. Interesting.

O/T, I'm curious what the stats are re: child abuse victims and home schooled vs non home schooled. I'm sure there are some articles on this. As we know, attempting to isolate the children is common.
The problem is that no stats could be accurate, given that home schooling allows abusers to fly under the radar.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think it's a wig, at first I did, but noticed other photos and it's been longer and shorter. I doubt he would have several wigs. And the color has changed over the years. I think it's just a very bad style.

It’s also easy to blame neighbors and family members for not calling authorities. But the fact of the matter is, if the kids went to school every day where there were mandatory reporters, it’s far more likely the victims would have been rescued years ago. Mandatory reporters calling authorities with serious concerns would have a greater impact than a neighbor calling in with a hunch imo.

Okay, so say it's made a law everywhere that homeschoolers must do x, y, z in order to homeschool. My personal opinion is nothing would've changed. They simply would've never registered to homeschool. They would've flown under the radar like many did before homeschooling was legal. The problem is not the method of schooling and regulation. The problem is abusive monsters. They simply would've not abided by the law if more laws were put into place. MOO

A homeschooling advocacy group has an article on abuse in homeschooling here.

https://www.responsiblehomeschoolin...e-in-homeschooling-environments/#introduction

"We believe that by bringing the problems of abuse in homeschooling settings to light, we can help find ways to curb this abuse and better safeguard the interests of all homeschooled children. We believe that all homeschooled children deserve a positive experience. It is our hope that by analyzing themes in the abuse that occurs in homeschooling settings, we can work toward a future where homeschooling is used only as a positive and healthy educational option."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We have 4 dogs, 11 horses, 3 donkeys, a cat, a bunny and tropical fish. We love them like family.

It makes me sad thinking of the 2 little dogs being put up for adoption. These dogs might have been a source of comfort and joy for some or all of the children. And now they’re gone.

More victims of the the cruel acts of the parents.

Honestly, they are going to have a hard time finding a placement for these kids, without two dogs in tow. Considering that the dogs, unlike the children, were well-cared for, I doubt the kids were permitted to play with the dogs. Like the food, and the toys still in containers, the dogs may have been the parents dogs, alone. The kids may better benefit, at some point, from trained therapy dogs.

I don’t think LE said it was a sister. I noticed he was being careful there and didn’t reveal if it was a male or female.

More than just these two had planned on escaping one day, apparently:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/turpin-torture-background-1.4494165
Their 17-year-old daughter had been planning an escape with several other siblings for two years, Hestrin said. Early Sunday morning, the girl jumped out of a window and escaped with another sibling, who got scared and eventually went back home. But the 17-year-old used a deactivated cellphone to call 911.

Former DA says this was a cult. Very informative interview.

Ambrosio Rodriguez, who spent 13 years as Senior Deputy District Attorney of Riverside County with experience in the sexual assault child-abuse unit, discusses the torture and child abuse case against David and Louise Turpin with Crime Watch Daily.
https://www.facebook.com/crimewatchdaily/videos/1849352168422900/

See the photo is this FB article where the 3 girls are shown- the 29 yr. old in the front shows obvious indentation marks
on both wrists, probably from shackles. Those marks look like long term shackling took place and they were pretty
tight around the wrists for the marks not to go away. Permanent scars. sigh.

Meanwhile, authorities said two Maltese terriers found in the home are healthy and trained.

“The animals, one white and one black, appear healthy and friendly and are leash-trained, according to Christina Avila, a senior animal control officer,” a press release from the City of Perris said of the two female one-year-old dogs, who are siblings.

Authorities released images of the two seemingly well-fed dogs, who are being put up for adoption.

http://people.com/crime/california-house-of-horrors-turpin-couple-plead-not-guilty/

I wish that someone would start a homeschooling debate thread for interested parties. It seems like the homeschool discussion/argument always pops up in these family crime threads......and derails discussion of the CRIMES. In this case, its only relevance is that it was used as a front for crimes against children. I suspect that that is often the case, but it is not the cause of the crimes committed, just a relatively unregulated loophole.....and what regulations there are, are commonly unenforced, allowing no oversight of the health and welfare of the children that "homeschooling" writ large, is purported to accomplish. JMO

I also have worked out an age chart. I got the younger siblings from the school records in Ca. going off of their grade level, and what students in that grade level would typically be, and then comparing that to the media reports and other evidence folks have dug up. This is what I have:
#1 female 29 years
#2 male 25-26 years
#3 female 24 years
#4 male 22 years
#5 female 20 years
#6 female 19 years
#7 female 18 years
#8 female shero grade 11 17 years
#9 male grade 10 15-16 years
#10 female grade 9 14 years
#11 female grade 7 12-13 years
#12 female grade 6 11 years
#13 2 years old

Thank you so much for this.
Reviewing the vow renewal videos, I noticed that 2 or 3 of the girls are wearing heels in 2013, but all wear flats in 2015. The dresses are altered or similar and are ‘young’ in style. This suggests a further effort to keep them young.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-California-home.html#v-6107187888273144616

See the photo is this FB article where the 3 girls are shown- the 29 yr. old in the front shows obvious indentation marks
on both wrists, probably from shackles. Those marks look like long term shackling took place and they were pretty
tight around the wrists for the marks not to go away. Permanent scars. sigh.

cbd07a7c7c98aa4f5c4897f02299846a.jpg

a0ffc92f7a8ed6d585ca8269a43558b0.jpg

I have a feeling the kids were not allowed to interact and become attached with the little dogs. Otherwise, wouldn’t someone make sure the dogs were fostered somewhere until they could be reunited with them? All the resources supporting these kids seem to put the children’s needs first, and the dogs don’t appear to be a high priority. Is that only because they had no attachment? If they did, I suspect arrangements would have already been made for them to visit each other... dogs are good therapy.

My theory is that those dogs were only for LT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288