CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he trying to look like Peter Pan? That hairstyle is so bizarre!

The journaling really throws me, well many things do, but allowing the kids to journal, so weird. I assume the parents read the journals? Did the kids write about their abuse? Anyone have any insight to this aspect of the case?

I’ve said before, there will be only bible quotes, over and over again!

It's horrendous. I think it's easy for some people (not the people here, but the general public) to forget that some of these children are adult human beings who, in another life, could have had children, homes and jobs of their own by now.

It's been freaking me out people referring to some of the pictures as looking 'normal' or the children 'seeming happy'. I am the same age as the oldest child, and if she entered my friend group looking as she did in the photos I would assume she either had a severe eating disorder or some type of long term health condition affecting her size. Either way, I would be very concerned. It should be clear to everyone, and a way not to minimize the abuse suffered, to accept the fact that these children have likely been abused and neglected their entire lives.
At nearly 30 years old I have my own apartment, a fulfilling job, and I'm getting married this year. It hurts my soul to know that the oldest child - this poor woman - has been infantilized by her own parents, and now by the world. What a tragedy.

Thank you for this, putting it in perspective. The oldest ones have suffered the most. Not only have they had their youth, teen and young adult years stolen from them the future will be a challenge. I just don't know how you recover from this. They didn't lose their life but they were broken and have lived in an earthly hell.

QUOTE=PoirotryInMotion;13876571]Hi Arkansasmimi! Yes, I'm guessing she may have miscarried that baby, as it never appeared in subsequent family posts or photos (eg.Las Vegas, facebook, etc). She did announce it quite early on Facebook ("in 9 months"). If she lost it, that would fit with the 2-yr old being the current Baby 13. (Looks to be about 6-9 mos in the 2015 Halloween vow renewal).[/QUOTE]

Have been going over ss and they recycled photos like other people do. Just in this case it is odd. Just because a photo is added/changed for profile and cover it doesn't reflect when photo taken. I missed some of the Disney pictures I thought got all. No doubt DA got SW for Facebook hope got the one in her name too.
DATES POSTED
12/11/2010 profile - boys in shirts with strips. Comment says 9 months we will have a new little one to add (7 yrs ago) 6 yrs ago comment from someone stating Love that picture. Beautiful family
***There was another photo with same clothing at Disneyland inside, one used as profile 12/11/2010 looked like maybe parking lot***

10/30/2011 profile -DT, LT, 12 children and -DT parents **** the same clothing of kids and parents so same date at Disneyland - Cars photo and group with other family members jmho who were visiting along with grandparents****

11/5/2011 profile - Elvis & LT (she has short blonde hair) *** her hair is different in photos with grandparents*** post saying happy birthday from someone at clinic, LT thx miss her and no desire to reproduce since she gone. Someone else wishes her happy birthday too

8/13/2012 profile - -DT, 3 boys, LT 3 older girls with CARS movie props ***same clothing, same day as Disneyland photo with grandparents***

2013 photo all red shirts, blue jeans tennis shoes one site called it bankruptcy outting . 3 youngest girls- 2 are shorter in this photo, they are in some mall or something??

*** Photo with other adults at Disneyland, same day as with CARS and Grandparents & same clothing looking for that date.
5/8/2015 profile - -DT, LT and infant blue inside and bow

* LT and infant- in princess dresses

8/21/2015 cover -DT, LT 2 other adults and infant-. -DT cousin is tagged in this photo

9/10/15 LT and infant on grass she tagged someone. LT sister Elizabeth posts can I please live in CA? No acknowledgement

4/2/2016 infant eating cake in high chair
4/2016 THING themed photo
4/23/16 profile Elvis,LT hair dark, has pink/purple flowers

5/8/2016 profile -DT, LT vow renewal photo looking at ea other

I believe the lewd act was committed against the 8th child, who also appears to be the child
who contacted the authorities. Looking over the charges and a few other posts this is what I’m piecing together.

I could be not seeing things correctly, but the one who everyone speculates called 911 appears slightly more nourished than the others...she looks older to me (and has markedly different facial features) than some of her older siblings. Does anyone else see that? IMO...

I was of the opinion that when the parents lived separately from the children it was when they had hoarded themselves out of the house in Rio Vista TX and placed the double wide trailer in the yard. I thought parents were in the trailer and they left the children in the house.
If this is not the case would someone tag me in article with the correct information? Thank you

I agree! I also wonder if she was punished bc she did “enjoy” the day. I think LT wanted it to be all about her. They should have just stood there looking adoringly at her and not participate (in her twisted mind). I do think she is the mire sadistic of the two and I think we will be even more shocked by what comes out In the future.

Of course, that could be a lie but YEESH! the cheapest yearly pass you can buy is over $300 a year EACH...yet they wouldn't FEED their own children. I can't even......

I wonder if they qualified for group rates? Also sometimes a two day pass is almost as much as a yearly as we found out at a water park.

ETA: I didn't want to dismiss your thoughts about feeding the kids. I think something happened after these photos that caused the food starvation/schedule whatever to escalate.

This. That the mother seemed “perplexed” by the investigators presence shows a very severe lack of insight, whether it be due to Intellecutal Disabilty , or something else. It stands out to me. I realize that DT & LT attempted to unshackle 2 of the children before the police could see the abuse shows that they new right from wrong which matters forensically regarding intent. But I still see a lack of insight with the smirking, spitting, and being “perplexed” which could point to various different factors regarding her intellecutal capicity and or mental illness. (Not legal insanity) They are different,.

Perhaps she was perplexed that anyone dared to question her. Moo

The middle boy's appearance just screams malnourished, in the elvis video watching him breaks my heart. The boys especially are SO thin. They were probably all fed the same amount of food when the young men needed way more than the girls. Yes number 8 is most likely the one who contacted authorities, and number 9 or 10 was the one who turned back. Such a brave girl.

Of course, that could be a lie but YEESH! the cheapest yearly pass you can buy is over $300 a year EACH...yet they wouldn't FEED their own children. I can't even......

They declared bankruptcy in August 2011, according to the excellent timeline posted above. They visited Disney in 2010, 2011 and 2012, according to the Daily Mail. At least some of their bankruptcy debt might have been those Disney visits, and perhaps they paid for the 2012 tickets in advance, before walking away from the debt.

Like a lot of people here, I’ve been glued to this tread since it broke.
But there is something that is getting me a little “stressed” out (and it is making me a bit upset so maybe I need to give myself a timeout) and it’s this very specific idea said again and again that perhaps DT is on the autism spectrum. It’s been very specifically said to be autism. And I know that no one is suggesting that this is why he is a monster... again, I know that no one has said this! However, it pains my heart to hear people specifically identifying (or specifically suggesting) him as being on the spectrum. Where is there ANY proof, any documentation, any specific traits that one can see from the photos and videos that suggests he has autism? Just being book smart, being an engineer and being aloof and not having a lot of friends does not necessarily mean he has autism.
There are no MSM reports that say it, that quote it.
Most people I know with autism are wonderful, loving, sweet sweet people. I know a lot of them.
If I could ask a favor, I would ask that we wait before we specifically identify a mental impairment on either of these vile horrible monsters of parents.
And if it comes out that he does have a diagnosis of ASD, I’ll eat crow.
Thank you. Rant over.

Agreed so much, I'm on the autistic spectrum myself and find it really annoying that autism is the current excuse of choice for evil people to try to mitigate their crimes, as it gives a bad name to all autistic people. That's bad enough, but seeing people here assuming it without any particular evidence is even worse, as it starts to feel like everyone's thinking autism = evil, which is absolutely not the case - I for one am following this case with as much horror as everyone else.

This man might well be socially awkward, but that's about the only trait that's been mentioned so far - what little we know of him could be all kinds of things, so it'd be nice to see less of the assumption that he has one particular condition over every other possibility.

Irvine,CA

There's a Northrop Grumman office in Irving, TX (Dallas-Ft Worth area). It's about 73 miles from the Rio Vista property (Hill County Road #1123 from my Google search). A quick Google search of DT's info turned up a few apartments closer to this Irving office. My guess is this is where DT and LT lived when they lived separately - enjoying the "city" life while their kids lived in isolation.

There's a Northrop Grumman office in Rancho Bernardo, CA. It's about 56 miles from the Perris property, and 45 miles from the Murrieta property. Rancho Bernardo is a nice area north of San Diego, CA.

Out of curiosity I found the closest office to Irvine, CA would be in Long Beach, CA which is a bit past Disneyland. Disneyland is 60 miles from the Perris, CA house.

^^^All of this!! We have 5 kids and babies are great and all but I absolutely love when they’re older and start getting interested and excited to learn about specific things, 5 year old kiddo’s current obsession is raccoons and she has learned like 97,000 facts about them and she shares them with everyone. Part of this evening’s plan is baking cupcakes with our 3 and 5 year olds, this morning writing out with them that it makes 16 cupcakes, we have 7 people in the house so how many will each person get, etc.. In depth, insightful conversations with the teens about politics, social issues, college/career/future plans and so forth.

These poor kid’s situation is just completely unimaginable to me, I’m just so very glad that they were able to make a plan and execute it. Then of course with the history filtering in I’m totally shocked and angry that they were able to slip through the cracks for so many years.

ETA a word
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your kids are very lucky and obviously adored. ❤️

I couldn’t tell about the hands on my phone but two things broke my heart as I watched this again - how hard the oldest daughter appears to be trying to have a good time and make this day special for her parents and how all three older girls lose their balance at various times.

I want to rip the monsters’ faces off. To have these wonderful, sweet children and try to break them the way they did. [emoji174]

bbm

That was the 2013 "wedding" and the oldest 3 girls were wearing high heels, which I'm sure they weren't used to doing. In the next "wedding" all of the girls are wearing flat shoes.

I believe the lewd act was committed against the 8th child, who also appears to be the child
who contacted the authorities. Looking over the charges and a few other posts this is what I’m piecing together.
I agree. After looking at the charging document, it looks like the charges are listed in the same order as the age of the victim. The names are partially redacted, but not enough if you ask me. Also, there is a specific time frame that is covered for the lewd acts on or about 11/16/2012 through and including 11/15/2013.

I know the link has been posted previously, but you can view the document here: http://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/media/Turpin Complaint.pdf.

I couldn’t tell about the hands on my phone but two things broke my heart as I watched this again - how hard the oldest daughter appears to be trying to have a good time and make this day special for her parents and how all three older girls lose their balance at various times.

I want to rip the monsters’ faces off. To have these wonderful, sweet children and try to break them the way they did. [emoji174]

I noticed the loss of balance with the older girl at least three times during the sing along dance with LT toward the end of the video
Also one of the boys lets his hand hang limply when Kent Ripley aka Elvis hooks arms with him. I think even KR did a double take on that. IMO

http://abc7.com/support-for-perris-torture-victims-pouring-in-from-around-world/2967628/

CORONA, Calif. (KABC) -- More than $60,000 have been raised for the 13 siblings allegedly held captive by their parents in Perris, and the donations continue to pour in from around the world.

The Corona Chamber of Commerce hosted its monthly breakfast on Friday. Before it began, a basket was passed around to collect donations for the Perris victims.

Chamber CEO Bobby Spiegel calls the 13 children and young adults, "the marvelous 13."

"I just want the children to know there's people in the world that love them," Spiegel said.

I really, really like this!

I wonder if they qualified for group rates? Also sometimes a two day pass is almost as much as a yearly as we found out at a water park.

ETA: I didn't want to dismiss your thoughts about feeding the kids. I think something happened after these photos that caused the food starvation/schedule whatever to escalate.

Perhaps a “School Rate”. :maddening::maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member