CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the era that they pulled off the school thing, yep, I believe that they could have pulled it off. I ditched school every chance I got, in that era. Some of my creativity would not fly today, but, it got me out of school back in the day!

I don't buy the shower story after the 20/20 interview. In that interview, the initial shower story changed, significantly. I'm not sure I buy much of anything that sister is selling, at this point.

I gave up on what the sister says days ago. I gave up on the brother tonight when he said they had all those children because they were hoping for a reality TV show. I don't think he knows what a reality TV show is if he thinks they wanted cameras around all day filming how they lived their lives. And then there are these former neighbors. The one man claimed when he got off work at 1:30am, he saw the children marching from room to room. That I might believe, but when asked how long they were doing that, he replied "For hours---all night". So he finished working a night shift, came home late at night, and stayed up for hours watching the children marching? Um no. He watched them for a few minutes and went to bed to go to sleep IMO. And then we have the woman who, when she was a child, used to go over to play with the children when they lived in Texas. She said there came a time when she went over there to ask if she could play with the children and no one would answer the door anymore. She goes on to say when she looked through the window, a baby was in the playpen. That I would believe too. But she goes on to say the baby was always in the playpen---day and night--and was never taken out. She must have stood there all day and all night, looking through the window, to know that.

The only person I believe so far is the Elvis guy.

Whew. I’ve just finished reading the multiple threads and the case becomes more disturbing the more information comes to light.

What I’m finding most worrying is the gap between the youngest two siblings. I understand that her fertility would have been declining and that big gaps aren’t uncommon in general, however this is a woman who had been giving birth almost compulsively for many years. Something caused her to stop, or else there are miscarriages, stillbirths (or worse) that we don’t know about. Was this the trigger that escalated their behaviour from neglectful to abusive?

The way LE have spoken about this early neglect versus later abuse makes me think that the older siblings likely had a degree of education and exposure to the outside world that was far greater than the younger children.

As an aside, for people outside the US having trouble viewing some of the court documents try using Tunnel Bear VPN and tunnelling to the US. It’s worked for me.

As heartwarming a post as this sounds, it actually a lot more complex. If they befriend cootie kid, they become a cootie kid. Do we really want to insist out kids ostracize themselves to make up for a lack of adult responsibility? Is that fair? Is it healthy? Peer aceptence, friendship Is a huge deal for children, being kind is virtue we all hope to instill in our kids, but self sacrifice needs to be warrented, lest it border on pathology in itself.

Imo, it's not this third grade peer group that failed this child. They were behaving like third graders.

If my parents had gotten word that I called another child a derogatory name, or made fun of them, I cannot begin to imagine how disappointed they'd have been in me. I'd have definitely been punished. I am not sure what type of punishment, but it would have been memorable. 1st - 12th grade it would have been unacceptable.

I gave up on what the sister says days ago. I gave up on the brother tonight when he said they had all those children because they were hoping for a reality TV show. I don't think he knows what a reality TV show is if he thinks they wanted cameras around all day filming how they lived their lives. And then there are these former neighbors. The one man claimed when he got off work at 1:30am, he saw the children marching from room to room. That I might believe, but when asked how long they were doing that, he replied "For hours---all night". So he finished working a night shift, came home late at night, and stayed up for hours watching the children marching? Um no. He watched them for a few minutes and went to bed to go to sleep IMO. And then we have the woman who, when she was a child, used to go over to play with the children when they lived in Texas. She said there came a time when she went over there to ask if she could play with the children and no one would answer the door anymore. She goes on to say when she looked through the window, a baby was in the playpen. That I would believe too. But she goes on to say the baby was always in the playpen---day and night--and was never taken out. She must have stood there all day and all night, looking through the window, to know that.

The only person I believe so far is the Elvis guy.

I know. I got the same vibe on all of them too. It's like it's time for my :15 minutes! The girl from TX, makes no sense. I read the article tonight and it's all jumbled up. She's even said that she never saw LT pregnant but the woman had five or six children while she lived at that address. Said the kids didn't even know their names yet she knew the names of the three kids she played with. I think we are getting embellished stories. It's bad enough as it stands w/o everyone making it worse.

BBM
I kinda feel sorry for the Elvis guy. I believe him too.

It hasn't been claimed anywhere that the kids were not allowed to watch tv, has it? Be it DVD's or normal TV.

It has been reported that they were not allowed to watch TV. If that is correct or not, I don't know, but it has been reported. We will probably find out for sure. As for the DVDs, We don't know of those were for them to watch or not. They had food that they were not allowed to eat, and toys they were not allowed to play with. So it would not surprise me if they were not allowed to watch the DVDs. I'm sure we will hear more about it though.

I am concerned about they're health, mainly refeeding syndrome, which can be fatal. It has to be done slowly... I'm not a medical expert but it is something to think about.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/

My good friend and neighbor was a Foster Mother and cared for very difficult emergency cases. And she was also given cases of severe neglect and malnutrition. She had been a nurse for about 10 years before she decided to be a 'stay at home/ mom and expand their family.

Experienced Foster parents are trained in 'refeeding' techniques because it is sadly, a common process that is often necessary. She was given very strict diets/rules for various children because of malnourishment, neglect, anaemia, anorexia, etc.

She had to be very cautious about some kids taking food back to their rooms, because they were often only allowed a certain amount of protein or sugars and sodium per meal, so they would not throw off their electrolyte balance shut down their their organs or their heart.

But from what I understand, it is more of a danger very early on in the recovery process. I don't think they will be released form the hospital until they have most of that 'danger' period under control.

That’s interesting, I’ve been pondering who the dominant partner was in the marriage. In many of these harrowing cases one is bad and one is mad.
Do we know when the father last worked?
If he was working for most of the years, I’d lay most of the blame with Louise, she had it in her power to give those children a decent life while he was at work, but didn’t.
I don’t get the impression that she was frightened of him, watching their interactions during the wedding renewal thing, I got the impression he was fairly laid back. Also the children seemed to be genuinely laughing with / at dad during the ceremony,
I think she has a personality disorder.
I’d be interested in reading who others think was the controlling partner.

BBM
I have a friend, who was in an extremely abusive marriage. Horrible man. Sadistic even. She did whatever she could to try and make things somewhat normal when he was not there. They'd play games, play outside, watch t.v., turn on music, dance, etc... until she heard his car coming down the street. They'd then hurry and put things away and revert back.

I almost think the vow renewals were his thing. On FB under one of the vow renewal pics, someone remarked on the pic and said "happy birthday". The vow renewals were in October twice and once in Sept. His birthday is October 17. Their anniversary is Feb. 11, 1985, and her birthday is May 24.

I'm just not sure why we must go round and round that one of the victims gave birth to the two year old ! Again the father has been charged with a lewd act, not rape ! Is it possible to stick to the facts ? Have these victims not already been through enough ?

I distinctly remember my entire third grade class scoffing at her one day because our teacher had asked her to discard a scrunchy she had used to tie her hair out of a discarded tin foil wrapper from an old Hershey's bar. After that year, J<name redacted> moved away, and she was forgotten about after we moved on to the the next "cootie kid."

After reading this I had to walk away from the computer :( . That teacher should lose her job if she is still working to this day. How on earth so many people saw the squalor, dead animals and state of these children, yet nothing was done? I'm truly heartbroken over this.

That’s interesting, I’ve been pondering who the dominant partner was in the marriage. In many of these harrowing cases one is bad and one is mad.
Do we know when the father last worked?
If he was working for most of the years, I’d lay most of the blame with Louise, she had it in her power to give those children a decent life while he was at work, but didn’t.
I don’t get the impression that she was frightened of him, watching their interactions during the wedding renewal thing, I got the impression he was fairly laid back. Also the children seemed to be genuinely laughing with / at dad during the ceremony,
I think she has a personality disorder.
I’d be interested in reading who others think was the controlling partner.

We need to remember that David Turpin has been charged with at least one lewd charge. He's not innocent in this situation at all. I'm sure he was just as feared by the kids as was Louise.

I don't think any knowledge, TV, interview, time line, can say anything for these children...

Only love and connection is the thread with these children... It's obvious in the Elvis videos. Look at them. They are wavering in high heels but so caring for each other... That's what I notice.

Definitely think the older ones knew, and feared for the little ones...

While shackled, while starved, how could anyone be of right mind?

For this child to jump to freedom took a wonder of support, IMO.

She had a bunch of her siblings behind her. She had for fear and the jump, a whole lot of support. She had, if one looks in the journals, a desire for two years to break out...

And she did it. I truly believe she spoke for the majority as well as the weakest one.

God only knows why she broke free, but she did... She might be ten years old in her physical being, but she is the Dalai Lama in her spirit. Imo.

She said no more... I cry for her. She dosen't know the magnitude and that is ok. She is a hero, and she dosen't know it. God bless her soul for jumping.... She jumped. She is the light.

Oh my...

I don't think this looks like the 2015 renewal. It doesn't look like her from the photo they put up on their FB of the 2011 renewal, but on the 2011 renewal video she looks a bit heavier, but not that heavy, but, she may have put on a girdle, or sprung for a pair of spanks, for the occasion.

The baby was born, somewhere in mid-to-late 2015. There's a photo of her, sitting beside the water, with the baby, who looks to be about 4-6 months old, (I'm not good with guessing baby ages), in the first week of October 2015. Of course the pic could have been taken earlier than 10/2015. They said the youngest was two, though, so that would be about right, for the baby to be in the 2015 vow renewal. I went back to check and the Elvis Wedding/Vow Renewal site has taken the videos down. I'm surprised they didn't earlier.

I believe the 2 year old was born in April of 2015, based upon a photo from April 2016 where they are celebrating the baby's birthday.

Dammit, why is it the Daily Mail who is running most of the updates on this story? It&#8217;s a vile, hateful tabloid which I would normally refuse to read.

Re: the brother’s statement about LT telling him she wanted to get the family on a reality TV show. I actually find it believable she would talk about that. Now, I’m not saying she had an actual plan to try to get a reality TV gig, there is no way given what was happening inside the home. But her SAYING she wanted it? That fits with what we know so far about her efforts to convince others from afar that she was living a wonderful life. Going solely by her Facebook account and alleged statements to family she projected the following messages about her life:

* A large lovey-dovey family (all those smiles)
* Disneyland trips
* Husband has a well-paying career
* Three nice cars with personalised plates
* Vow renewals (so in love after all these years, and I bet it wasn’t a cheery first wedding for all given her dad basically gave his consent by saying “fine, have it your way”, she sure showed them)
* Homemaker and home-schooler of 13 kids (implies effort, commitment)
* Even the grownup children haven’t left home (aww)
* Nice clothes, nice handbags, nice stuff
* Told her sister she had no understanding of what it must be like to have financial problems.

But in truth, LT was living in squalor, she and DT must have had powerful resentment and anger towards their kids, her husband is alleged to be committing sexual offences against one of the kids at least one, their finances were in crisis. The chaos of the home was immense, and one way she hid it was to create a wonderful fake life. So yeah, I can believe she talked about a reality tv show to project an image of a great life (and, you might discern, a better fake life than the real lives of her family members).

I wonder if the Vegas weddings were a way for her to torture her dad and possibly mom from a distance (I'm not sure when they died without searching the threads).

Dad was a Pastor, so the whole Elvis and Vegas scenario could have been a way to continue upsetting him long after she eloped.

I wonder if the Vegas weddings were a way for her to torture her dad and possibly mom from a distance (I'm not sure when they died without searching the threads).

Dad was a Pastor, so the whole Elvis and Vegas scenario could have been a way to continue upsetting him long after she eloped.

IMO- it does make one wonder... And then she posted it on FB...
Her sweet children played along with the whole deal... As if they knew any better? Of course not.

Not blaming Elvis, but omg, how he is an unwilling accomplice. Same with Disney. Omg, you are just there, an accomplice to a nightmare. It's not your fault but the obsession is there.

Something bugging me.
I have read that the journals and education levels were about first grade so forth. So, makes me wonder about the one shower a year comments. Did the one stating this have the concept of time? Lots of questions regarding what been released.

I wondered if maybe the police officers surmised that it was once a year or so from circumstantial evidence - eg, "we were allowed to shower before photo sessions", and the police can see from computers and downloads that there were photo sessions once a year.

Don't know if this article/ information has been shared yet, claiming they had hopes of a reality TV show. If the situation wasn't so tragic, the idea that Louise thought she had a reality TV formula here is laughable. It shows that they were both delusional enough to dismiss their torture as an off-day, and when they had their reality show it would all be different, just like the next baby was going to be different, and the next wedding renewal was going to be the one where they really pulled their relationship together.

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...w/news-story/b9db69f7820982e450d8b6fa71b97f0b

I see the disintegration happening from two or three pressure points: (1) they really couldn't manage and they were completely overwhelmed, trying to make the impossible stretch between their imagination and reality; (2) they were sadistic enough to punish the kids for being real growing children with needs - it takes a lot of evil to watch a person starve, let alone all your children; (3) the worse it got, the more frail the children became and the more messy the house became, there was more pressure on them trying to figure out how to manage the next step. So there's a downward spiral, with occasional highs where they dragged out the red t-shirts and blue jeans, mocked up a perfect family photo, told the sister airily that they don't know what money problems are, and then they start again from point one.

I think both these parents have Anti-Social Personality Disorder (psychopathy) their overt sadism is breathtaking. They cared for nothing but themselves.

While I agree it would be great to keep them all together, It's only a dream solution if the people taking them in are capable of providing the level of care that they need. These kids even at discharge (which I hope is not this week as I've seen stated elsewhere) will have a tremendous "needs" load. They will each have a myriad of therapies beyond just their basic care needs. Caring for that many healthy children on any given day is a huge undertaking, and adding their trauma on top of that is going to be like caring for atleast twice as many. I'm speaking as a mental health professional... these children are going to have very serious PTSD issues to resolve as well as just general anxiety and confusion over what has happened. that's way too much for any two parents to handle. Last thing they need is to get uprooted again because the initial placement plan was not well thought out. IMO, It would be better for them to be somewhat spread out (like among local foster families) but with the stipulation they be allowed to visit and communicate with their siblings. The most critical factor
In their recovery is going to be consistency and quality of care. many people think that kids coming from these situations will readily accept and be happy in a healthier environment but it's rare to have a seamless transition when you don't trust anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On top of all that, there are basic lack of life skills thesesiblings do not have. I think a foster parent has to be ready to deal with the fact that these siblings don't know how to clean, pick up after themselves, take care of their own personal hygiene, proper bathrooms habits, get themselves food or cook it, do laundry, fold clothes, etc etc etc basic stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member