GUILTY MO - Jayda Kyle, 3, beaten to death, Jasper County, 27 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

Guess he had a bond hearing

http://www.fourstateshomepage.com/news/no-bond-for-jalen-vaden/924446811

A Jasper County judge has reset the next hearing for 22 year old Jalen Vaden to next month. He was originally scheduled for consideration of a bond - but the family of the victim was not in court. The state requires they be given the option to take part in the hearing.

Meanwhile Vaden waived his right to a preliminary hearing. That means his next appearance will be in circuit court in front of judge Dean Dankelson.

So guessing here, no pretrial on Jan. 31st, but prelim hearing still on for Feb. 1st - ?? :dunno:
I'll keep both dates on my list.

Mother's boyfriend waives hearing on murder charges in daughter's death
http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/cri...cle_39379af2-d668-5db9-8e6b-866e24817240.html

A Carl Junction man charged in the death of his girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter waived a preliminary hearing Thursday and was ordered bound over for trial.

Jalen D. Vaden, 22, waived the hearing in Jasper County Circuit Court on counts of second-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death. Associate Judge Joe Hensley set the defendant's initial appearance in a trial division of the court for Jan. 22.
[.....]
A probable-cause affidavit alleges that Vaden admitted to investigators that he became upset with the girl not putting on the pajamas he told her to put on and that he picked her up and threw her down, causing her head to strike the floor. He told police that when she came back out of her bedroom again without the pajamas on, he threw her on a bed twice and then grabbed her leg and tossed her on the floor a second time face first.

Now I'm guessing he has a court appearance on Jan. 22nd - :thinking:

Supposed to be hearing today re article above.

Monday, January 22nd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ CT) - MO - Jayda Nicolle Kyle (3) (Nov. 27, 2017) (beaten to death for not putting on her PJs) - Jalen Deshawn Vaden (22) (live-in BF) - charged with 2nd degree murder & felony child abuse resulting in death. Pled not guilty on 12/14; had hearing on 12/27. Prelim hearings for Jan. 31 (Maybe) & Feb. 1st at 10am. Waived hearing was bound over for trial 1/19/18.

Marking my spot.
Thanks to all who have kept us informed to updates in this case.
These brutal murders of these little innocents are so difficult to read w/o wanting to hurl. :sick:

Equally infuriating are the cases where the "mom" is at work-- leaving her precious BF to babysit. Even when she knows he has a temper or even a criminal record.
So essentially the mom is supporting her BF. :gaah:
Why can't HE get a job , and she watch her kids ?

How this dirty slime bag can even plead NG is disgusting.
She was just three years old.
:moo:

Marking my spot.
These brutal murders of these little innocents are so difficult to read w/o wanting to hurl. :sick:

Equally infuriating are the cases where the "mom" is at work-- leaving her precious BF to babysit. Even when she knows he has a temper or even a criminal record.

IMO ONLY, I think there is more to the story than what the news and facebook is revealing. I'm not going to be so quick to judge the BF before the trial takes place. Also, I believe the mom was at home at the time this all happened. Is there a source that says otherwise? Everything I have seen said she was at home. I also haven't seen anything that says the BF didn't have a job. I don't know whether he did or not, just haven't seen anything reported.

Marking my spot.

As someone else has mentioned, there appears to be more to this story than what the national media is reporting. To clear up one thing JV had a job working with handicapped children and adults full time. This incident happened while he and the mother were both home so he wasn’t a lazy boyfriend with no job watching the kids while she worked.

Per FB groups (just relaying the tenor of the story and in no way am I claiming this is factual) the mother had an issue with CPS in the past, prior to her relationship with JV, where she was accused of abuse. According to supporters of JV he did not confess to anything but was encouraged to cover for the mother due to the previous abuse allegations. The mother’s dad and mother (grandparents) per CPS report, has actively made attempts to manipulate the murder investigation to protect his daughter from any criminal liability.

Based on what I have read there is a strong possibility the mother is more involved in Jayda’s death than is being reported.

Monday, February, 5th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ CT) - MO - Jayda Nicolle Kyle (3) (Nov. 29, 2017) (beaten to death for not putting on her PJs) - Jalen Deshawn Vaden (22) (live-in BF) - charged / indicted with 2nd degree murder & felony child abuse resulting in death. Pled not guilty; No bond. Waived hearing was bound over for trial on 1/19/18.
Officially pled not guilty on 1/22. Next court hearing Feb. 5th. Devyn Kyle, the mother of three-year-old murder victim Jayda Kyle, and Carl Junction Police Chief Delmar Haase will be deposed beginning at 1 p.m. February 9th.

Attorney: Client says confession was coerced
http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/loc...cle_81194532-4526-5528-87e8-6d933a721c61.html

An attorney for Jalen Vaden says her client is challenging a confession a probable cause affidavit says he made to a sheriff's deputy in December.
.....said her client has "professed his innocence," saying that the confession detailed in the Jasper County Sheriff's Office affidavit was coerced.

Friday, February 9th:
*Deposition Hearing (@ 1pm CT) - MO - Jayda Nicolle Kyle (3) (Nov. 27, 2017) (beaten to death for not putting on her PJs) - Jalen Deshawn Vaden (22) (live-in BF) - charged with 2nd degree murder & felony child abuse resulting in death. Pled not guilty. To be deposed - Devyn Kyle, the mother of three-year-old murder victim Jayda Kyle, and Carl Junction Police Chief Delmar Haase.

Got a Google Alert, but couldn't get into the article, as it said I had to log-in, but reading the short clip they give with the Alert - next court date is Feb. 26th.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/loc...cle_a21a4880-96a2-5d1e-b64f-c50d879c182e.html

The Jasper County prosecutor and the attorney for Jalen Vaden filed a joint motion Friday seeking a court order restricting disclosure of any documents or materials to the prosecutor's office, the defendant, his attorney and their representatives.
[.....]
The motion states: "The defendant has not filed a motion for a change of venue, and the state does not have a right to seek a change of venue, which means if this case is tried, it will be tried here in Jasper County. Both the state and the defendant have a right to a fair and impartial trial, which is likely to be compromised if the order is not granted."

Pending

Court record does not show that Circuit Judge David Mouton has ruled on the motion as yet.

and I show the next hearing for Feb. 26th.

:bump: up for today's hearing:

Monday, February 26th:
*Hearing (@ CT) - MO - Jayda Nicolle Kyle (3) (Nov. 27, 2017) (beaten to death for not putting on her PJs) - Jalen Deshawn Vaden (22) (live-in BF) - charged with 2nd degree murder & felony child abuse resulting in death. Pled not guilty.

Anyone know if he has "no bail"? TIA!

Monday, February 26th:
*Hearing (@ CT) - MO - Jayda Nicolle Kyle (3) (Nov. 27, 2017) (beaten to death for not putting on her PJs) - Jalen Deshawn Vaden (22) (live-in BF) - charged with 2nd degree murder & felony child abuse resulting in death. Pled not guilty.

Anyone know if he has "no bail"? TIA!

"The judge decided that Vaden will not be allowed bail."

This link is from December but I haven't read anything stating that this has changed since then so I assume he is still not allowed bail.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/man-charged-with-2nd-degree-murder-in-childs-death/877114398

I had "no bond" on my previous posts.... :doh: must have accidentally deleted that the time before when I updated it....

Monday, February 26th:

Link

Case # 17AO-CR01566-01

Case continued to March 12, 2018 at 9:00 am for hearing on pretrial motions. So Ordered. David B. Mouton, Circuit Judge.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back