CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the pants I thought of the times I've seen bulk amounts of some brand new article of clothing or shoes in thrift stores. They'll just have a mass of the same item from some other retailer who isn't carrying it anymore. As the pants aren't even remotely sized correctly it was the first thought that came to mind, but of course no way of knowing.

As a kid sometimes I'd cuff my pants and it always drove my parents crazy. They both saw it as an accident waiting to happen.

The cuffing didnt bother me as much as taking absolutely no effort to get them to fit properly. Even I could have got a needle and thread and in one night I could have sewed the cuffs to make them look pretty darn nice.

The way they had them just rolled up and some unrolling (older child) told me the parents took no effort whatsoever to try to make them fit better.

And the gall to take a picture that way even screams out that the monsters didnt care. Grrrrrrrrr

I think the pregnancy photo is fake.

Why?
they moved into perris house Aug 2014, Baby #13 was born spring 2015 and I believe the pic was taken by the window in the parents room so unlikely that room would’ve been filthy at that point anyway

attachment.php

Attachments

• 64C6615D-6500-46E3-A483-F8A9F99F27F2.jpg
    64C6615D-6500-46E3-A483-F8A9F99F27F2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 451
I have wondered why it would take these kids two years to come up with the plan they used? On the outside looking in, their plan does not seem too elaborate. Since they didn’t go to school, or have any contact with the outside world, what knowledge did they gain in these two years of planning?

It looks like the kind of picture you would take at Christmas, when grandma and grandpa sent everyone new clothes--matching pants and new shirts--and so you have the kids put the clothes on and line up, "Let's take your picture to show Grandma the clothes she bought you for Christmas."

Speaking of Christmas, I wonder if some of the new toys in boxes were from Christmas? Especially if they were moving due to job transfer? Or when purchased?

Some people really like breastfeeding alot.
But I think the brother is right, that she fantasized about being a reality TV star and so the starvation was more important for the older kids to keep them looking like kids. I think the wedding and Disney events were all just photo ops and would be interested to know if she had submitted them to agents or studios.

I think the abuse goes back to the early 90's before there were any reality shows on TV. I doubt that she ever had any intention of ever contacting any talent agent or producer or talent scout about a reality show because after all, even in the 90's she did not allow her children to tell others their names. I think she really was trying to tell her relatives that she was 'normal' in spite of the deplorable conditions of the kids and was trying to put up the illusion that she was living the dream life in California. Also the postings of Facebook seemed to have stopped once her parents died. They died in mid-2016 and after that there were no more entries or photos I believe.

At one point I read she told one of her relatives they had a 3 story house with 7 bedrooms. She told another sister she never had any money problems.

What is troubling to me is that DT was apparently shooting a gun toward the road shooting cans in the Texas location (can't remember which one).

As far as what motivated the monsters to hold their kids in captivity and starve them, the investigators hopefully will try to get to the bottom of this. Perhaps the children witnessed the parents commit a horrific crime that involved the gun or something. Hopefully the investigators are trying to figure out what happened in Texas in terms of whether the children witnessed a horrific crime that the parents committed on someone outside the family. Also hopefully they will be able to figure out what the mystery P.O. box was all about.

Something triggered the plan two years ago and quite an age gap between the youngest child and the next oldest. There are still many questions to be answered such as how did she obtain the phone and when did she obtain it? That's the piece that I think took so long. I'd also like to know how she knew that 911 would work on an otherwise non-working phone. I guess I'm wondering if she obtained it through older brother who got it from someone at school. It sounds as though he is the only child who was allowed any type of outside contact.

Its a good question and I think you are right that she had to have known that the phone would still dial 911.

I learned that a long time ago about it by watching a news show and its why I have kept a couple of old phones.

Its some sort of law that was passed and Im really glad they have that. It saved this family and it makes me wonder how many families that cannot afford a cell phone service have old cell phones for emergency purposes.

OMG!

I mentioned the following story in another case on our form. I had a high-school teacher, that also taught Middle School, (back than, it was called Jr. High.) On two occasions with two separate kids where he taught in Middle School, they smelled so badly that he finally couldn't take it any more. In each instance, he took the kids down to the gym teacher and said, "These students are kicked out of my class until they are properly cleaned and groomed each day, and wearing clean clothes." I wonder what would have happened if someone had done the same to the Turpin boy?

Of course as an adult, he would be responsible for himself. However, there comes a point in time where you have to take action.

Satch

There was a child on a baseball team around here who asked the coach why none of the kids wanted to sit with him. The coach took him aside and talked to him after a game, and I think he may have even gotten him some personal items, and gave him a talk on personal cleanliness. The little guy took it upon himself to do as the coach said and the kids started sitting near him and he gained friends. I remember having to sit behind a child in grade school who seemed to never bathe. I never said anything, but oh, I was so glad when recess came or class was over. I told my mother, hoping she would "fix" it somehow, I guess, and she just said that it likely wasn't her fault, and not to say anything unkind (I didn't, but I admit, it was a long year).

Oh no! That means there are more than 1 place like that. I've heard about a place that sounded very similar that was run out of Missouri. Religious based, unlicensed and supposedly very abusive that parents paid a ridiculous amount of money to to "fix" their troubled kids.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
That sounds like a similar place.

Sadly, I imagine these kids love their parents. I don't think your scenario is realistic.

I agree with Bill. This will be a very difficult thing for the children (of all ages) to go through. I'm sure they love their parents, however unwarranted. It's human nature for kids to attach..it's what therapists are all about. Sadly. A heck of a lot more pain for all of them yet to go through..in my opinion. How do their young minds ever understand where they have been? Imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its a good question and I think you are right that she had to have known that the phone would still dial 911.

I learned that a long time ago about it by watching a news show and its why I have kept a couple of old phones.

Its some sort of law that was passed and Im really glad they have that. It saved this family and it makes me wonder how many families that cannot afford a cell phone service have old cell phones for emergency purposes.

The kids might have found the old phones as they were packing up to move.

Or, the parents might have let the kids have the old phones to play games and occupy them.

I have wondered why it would take these kids two years to come up with the plan they used? On the outside looking in, their plan does not seem too elaborate. Since they didn’t go to school, or have any contact with the outside world, what knowledge did they gain in these two years of planning?

I think the stronger, bolder ones were kept restrained and maybe the freedom was a relatively new thing. Were the
children forced to help pack the moving boxes? Probably. But I do believe more of the children were typically
shackled than the 3 Sunday morning when the escape happened.

I'm confused. I don't understand the first sentence at all. Second sentence - no one said she was inside the classroom. You were quibbling with the idea that she was outside the classroom and suggested she was elsewhere on campus waiting. I pointed out that the language to describe her being elsewhere likely would have been different in my opinion.

I don't really understand suspecting that every single witness is telling tales and that it really wasn't as bad as multiple people are saying. It seems kind of odd to take issue with each individual account by neighbors and anyone who had contact with them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I only stated DA said she was outside the classroom. Discussion about her literally sitting or standing out in hall. My comment is we have not heard anything about that from students from CC as that being case, I just said she could be there elsewhere. Jmho it doesn't serve the DA to say exactly where LT was, but saying outside classroom while true, could be deceiving.

As far as people who are giving interviews, I personally have issues because they don't add up to facts known nor are they consistent. I even gave links and examples. And I don't consider them witnesses as none of those I spoke of and links have no current information on the current conditions. Just my opinion from reading and comparison of articles and documents.

We only have this guy saying there were dead animals. Maybe there weren't.

I do believe there were dead animals left in the house. It is not hard Not to believe, with the track record these monsters already have...

Especially after the report of the pigs getting out of the property to go eat 55 pounds of the neighbors dog food.. Animals Do Not leave their home searching and scouring the neighborhood for food. Unless they are starving an cannot get food in their own home. That is a no brainer. And as I have said before its a well known fact that people who abuse/kill animals escalate to doing the same to humans which they did to their own kids..

https://www.desertsun.com/story/new...-abuse-case-says-he-dodged-bullet/1057403001/
February 2003 when the family's pigs got loose and ate 55 pounds of dog food that belonged to a neighbor

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ear-couple-accused-abusing-13-kids-california
The family had pigs that "terrorized" the neighborhood, he said. Vinyard*noted that one of the*pigs charged at his*uncle, who fired a gunshot to scare the pig away.
And there was the time the pigs feasted on 55 pounds of dog food under the carport at his uncle's house.
David Turpin told the man that he had penned the hogs after their escape and that he would replace the dog food, according to a report from the Hill County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...in-kids-says-family-left-kitten-dumpster.html

only went into their house on a couple of occasions - you had to enter through the back door. I remember there were animal cages and newspapers strewn about on the floor, piles with feces on it. They had dogs, cats and goats.
'Even though the house smelled of poop at the time I really didn't think anything about it, since we lived out in the country it was no big deal to have animals in your house.'

'After they moved out we went snooping over at their property. I opened the back door of the house and two dogs came charging out.*
'The room smelled of feces and the dogs were eating dirty diapers for food. They were empty Vienna sausage cans strewn all over the house.
'They had a huge garbage dumpster at their house and we heard a baby kitten crying. We pulled a baby kitty from the dumpster and kept it. There were other whimpering sounds coming from their property, but we could never find where they came from.
'The dumpster smelled of death, who knows what was buried in it.'

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ear-couple-accused-abusing-13-kids-california

"You couldn't live there anymore," he said. "There was a dead cat on the stove in the kitchen."

I think the pregnancy photo is fake.

Lol I’m going along the same lines as you! It’s not hard to get one of those fake baby bumps. They are usually available at maternity stores in order to try on the maternity clothes. Wish we could see what was on that private fb Page. Her public page seemed fairly bare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really?? Wow. I'm still trying to figure out how to start a new thread, apparently I need permission and right now it is homework time and dinner prep time for my tribe. I am so excited to have collective sleuthers on board to help these girls, but I want to be careful not to derail the conversation about the Turpin kids. Thank you ALL! I have an awkward and very unprofessional website Hephzibahgirls.com.

Please let me know when you do start a new thread. I looked at their website and am sufficiently creeped out. I mean, one of the student testimonials is about how no abuse happens at the school. Red flag! Red flag!

In my high school, there were two brothers who were MR, and they wouldn't bathe very often. On at least one occasion, the coaches took them to the locker room and threw them in the shower until they came out clean. Not sure if they washed their clothes or had them get in the shower with clothes on. Sounds cruel, but it was necessary and hopefully taught them a lesson about hygiene.

Nope. That’s cruel. [emoji22]

fear, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members