CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. No, this institution still exists. a little private gulag run by the same monster who was there when I was a child. He no longer starves the girls and claims he no longer uses corporal punishment (severe bloody beatings they were, actually) I have devoted my life to trying to close him down and expose him because in spite of his claims to have changed his ways I know how much he enjoyed hurting and humiliating young girls. That is who he is, that kind of sadism and cruelty is from the soul. I truly believe the girls locked in his basement are in danger every day and continue to exhaust every avenue I can find to try and rescue them.
What is the name of the facility?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

This has been bothering me since yesterday and I really need to get it off my chest. Someone commented on not being able to watch the Elvis videos because the impersonator was on the cheesy side. I said that I thought he should be arrested for impersonating an Elvis impersonator and I was indirectly lambasted for it. I could tell the veiled remarks were directed at me.

“The impression I got from him is that he seems genuinely nice.”
“Way harsh”
“He was thoughtful and respectful to everyone in the family. I applaud him.”
“I give him a pass because he was nice to the children.”
“Who cares? In this case, the Elvis impersonator was probably the first person to show the victims a good time in years.”
“However...he had every one of those kids smiling, laughing, and even moving (if not downright dancing)…”
“He might be the only person who encountered these kids before the rescue who can hold his head up and say ‘I did the best I could, based on what I knew.’”

I just want to clarify that I never said this man wasn’t genuine. I never said he was unthoughtful and disrespectful. I never said he wasn’t nice to the kids. I never said he didn’t show the victims a good time. I never said he didn’t make the kids smile and laugh. I never said he should not hold his head up.

I simply said that in my eyes he isn’t a good impersonator. I don’t like feeling that I need to watch every darn word I type and I refuse to walk on eggshells. My opinion is just as good as everyone else's. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Really?? Wow. I'm still trying to figure out how to start a new thread, apparently I need permission and right now it is homework time and dinner prep time for my tribe. I am so excited to have collective sleuthers on board to help these girls, but I want to be careful not to derail the conversation about the Turpin kids. Thank you ALL! I have an awkward and very unprofessional website Hephzibahgirls.com.

Count me in! I’m not the best sleuther by any stretch, but I can be moral support. ❤️

From your link...The Riverside County DA was asked today why the actions of the parents went unnoticed by the community, and this is what he said:

“Part of the answer is the Turpins had a very unusual lifestyle,” says Hestrin. “They slept during the day and were active at night….I think that’s part of the answer and the other part of the answer is that these crimes, by their very nature, happen behind closed doors and in dark places and they go undetected.”

He gives me the impression that this case is in good hands.

I don’t know why it bothers me so much but the cuffs are folded so much on most of the younger kids

It's like these are your pants and you have to wear them for years.

ETA respectfully, their "last home" was in another town in CA and I haven't seen any photos from that home. The only ones I have seen to be allegedly are from FT Worth and brick house in Rio Vista. They had not lived in brick house since 2004. I know it's alleged to be from their prior homes, but I personally have no proof the one in FT Worth was from them leaving that way or same with brick home had moved out of. Brick house built in 1975. Possible had damage when bought. Could have been foreclosure then. Property value jumped long after lived there jmho gas wells is why then.

The last house prior to the house in Perris, was in Murrieta..........not too far from Perris. From what I understand, it was a rental. It was a two story in a neighborhood much like the Perris neighborhood, with houses so close there was only maybe 10 - 12 feet between them. There hasn't been any photos of that house other than an exterior picture.

I'm somewhat familiar with both Perris and Murrieta. Prior to the mid 1990s, both Murrieta and Perris were quaint small desert towns. Murrieta was known for Murrieta Hot Springs, which are now located on the grounds of Calvery Church Conference Center. There's also a very nice golf course with mobile home lots and a club house that was for many years a draw for seniors. Perris claim to fame is their neat railroad museum featuring trolley cars from southern California cities. In both cases, you could drive many miles through wide open country. Then in the mid-1990s a housing boom began with neighborhoods springing up all over the place and major shopping centers comiing in.

Personally, I liked the pre-housing boom when there were only a few mom and pop stores and a couple of quaint restaurants.

It looks like the kind of picture you would take at Christmas, when grandma and grandpa sent everyone new clothes--matching pants and new shirts--and so you have the kids put the clothes on and line up, "Let's take your picture to show Grandma the clothes she bought you for Christmas."

I think so, too. And it's easy to guesstimate the sizes that a child would wear. Those who are of average size usually wear the same size in clothes as their age (eg. my 13 year old wears size 12-14). In this case the sizes that matched the ages were waaaaay too large, because the kiddoes were so tiny. :(

The Turpin children are in the best place now they've experienced in their lives. No matter what, they will have food, be clean, and have no fear of being chained, beaten or strangled. I'm satisfied with that and wish them the very best life. I'm also happy knowing their parents will be confined and have not much to look forward to each day. While the children's lives and freedoms begin so the parents are ending.

Not defending these monsters but hogs will eat anything, charge people, and will always try to escape, even if you just feed them. Were they probably hungry/starved? Most likely but the behavior of these animals is not indicative of this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Especially odd considering that the media is reporting that their current dogs are healthy and appear to be well taken care of.

There's a picture of her pregnant and standing next to a crib. The crib's a nice looking, expensive one. The light-colored carpet is clean and there's no sign of garbage or debris in the photo. It's a huge contrast to what this guy is reporting about their old house.

I don't find it odd at all they seem to be the type of people that acquire homes, things, children and animals and when the newness disappears and it becomes a chore they don't want to take care of it any longer. Or when the children grow older they don't like them anymore.
Same with animals they are adorable when you get them but as they get older not so much and it becomes an inconvenience. This is what I am getting from these two monsters.. And probably the dogs they most recently had is were not so bad is because they were still a year old and actually who even knows how long they actually owned the most recent dogs. Has anyone heard anything on that?

I believe there has been more that one person reporting these things not just one guy. I don't put Anything Past these 2 monsters.

People who have info on the current conditions and current information are probably speaking to investigators about what happened recently and as part of the ongoing investigation this information won't be revealed until the indictments are unsealed. If she went to Taco Bell and the Pizza Place all of the time and was on a first name basis with everyone, hopefully they can remember if LT was really pregnant or not in 2015 or whether the sideways pregnant picture was really just a fake picture (and she really wasn't pregnant). Also they will be able from medical insurance records from the father's work insurance whether LT actually is the one who gave birth in a hospital or was under care of an OB/GYN for the baby prior to the 2 year old being born.

They will be able to get water records from the local water utility to find out how little water the residence consumed to corroborate the one bath a year allegation. The house next to them was probably constructed after they took possession of the residence so I have no doubt that they are talking to the subcontractors of the KB Homes developer to find out what they saw going on.

I am sure that they are working around the clock.

Many reports say that the children were fed once a day but not enough to sustain them. If the parents ate at Taco Bell and had Pizza once a day.........I wonder what she was feeding the children in their 'once a day' meal. If she didn't know how to cook or was too lazy to cook, maybe she only fed them something out of a can.

BBM
Vienna sausages? Maybe crackers to make a sandwich?

Vienna sausage cans were found at one place. She's from WV. Have ya'll taken a look at her childhood pics? They were on the thin side too (except for dad). Also, I don't know about other places, but Vienna Sausages have been a thang around my region for years. Hungry? You can grab Vienna Sausages,or a can of SPAM, and crackers my friend. I am unique in my hate for SPAM. Won't touch the stuff but a lot of folks were raised on SPAM and Velveeta. I even know someone NAMED Velveeta. Now, I do like my Velveeta (the cheese, not the human, I don't know them that well, I'm sure they're a nice person though.).

The Turpin children are in the best place now they've experienced in their lives. No matter what, they will have food, be clean, and have no fear of being chained, beaten or strangled. I'm satisfied with that and wish them the very best life. I'm also happy knowing their parents will be confined and have not much to look forward to each day. While the children's lives and freedoms begin so the parents are ending.

Nice post. It's a great way to look at things.

He may not have come back to school if that had happened. Or at least that was the case of a child during my teen school years after a teacher handed a child a bar of Ivory soap and told her to go home and wash with it.
This was done in front of other students and was due to other kids complaining about the child having bugs in her hair and dirt up and down her arms. Horrible.IMO

It is horrible that any teacher would do this and punish/embarrass/shame the child for what is an obvious parental issue. IMO

This is so sad and I can remember back in elementary school that there always seemed like one or two children that were not well kept or groomed well.

Kids can be very cruel to each other without realizing it was likely not even the child's fault they left their home the way they did.

Instead of kids making fun of other kids in this situation maybe things can change in schools for kids to look for ways to help a child in this situation. Its a tricky situation because likely teachers and administration would have to get involved with the parents and if it is not carefully done then more harm than good could happen.

For example the parent could get resentful and pull their child from the school to never be seen again. Or the child may get a worse "label" than they already have from the peers.

All I know is this is very important stuff and I know for sure my old schools did not teach us kids about this sort of stuff and I wish they would have.
Yes but for the kid to know that at least one person cared will make a world of difference.

Working backwards~I know I missed some posts. The name of the institution/school is Hephzibah House. It is in Warsaw/Winona Lake Indiana USA. Can I start a new thread or topic on it?

Please do!

From your link...The Riverside County DA was asked today why the actions of the parents went unnoticed by the community, and this is what he said:

“Part of the answer is the Turpins had a very unusual lifestyle,” says Hestrin. “They slept during the day and were active at night….I think that’s part of the answer and the other part of the answer is that these crimes, by their very nature, happen behind closed doors and in dark places and they go undetected.”

He gives me the impression that this case is in good hands.

Agreed. He's super sharp and knows what he's doing. I am VERY impressed with everyone in Riverside county right now handling this. Sheriffs. DA. Hospital staff. CPS and APS. Chamber of Commerce ad the town's people who flooded the kids with gifts and supplies and cash.

So great.

Something triggered the plan two years ago and quite an age gap between the youngest child and the next oldest. There are still many questions to be answered such as how did she obtain the phone and when did she obtain it? That's the piece that I think took so long. I'd also like to know how she knew that 911 would work on an otherwise non-working phone. I guess I'm wondering if she obtained it through older brother who got it from someone at school. It sounds as though he is the only child who was allowed any type of outside contact.

I think it's possible that the parents may have promised the kids things were going to get better, fed them a bit more, had a big event with photo ops and then went back to before, over and over again. Some of the kids may had gone beyond believing anything would change. They didn't appear to be too vigilant about cleaning up or putting out garbage. When they got a new phone it's conceivable they just forgot about the previous one, not imagining their kids might figure out how it works. Getting ahold of that phone might even be the catalyst.

I don't find it odd at all they seem to be the type of people that acquire homes, things, children and animals and when the newness disappears and it becomes a chore they don't want to take care of it any longer. Or when the children grow older they don't like them anymore.
Same with animals they are adorable when you get them but as they get older not so much and it becomes an inconvenience. This is what I am getting from these two monsters.. And probably the dogs they most recently had is were not so bad is because they were still a year old and actually who even knows how long they actually owned the most recent dogs. Has anyone heard anything on that?

I believe there has been more that one person reporting these things not just one guy. I don't put Anything Past these 2 monsters.

I don't know about how long they had the dogs, but I think they were put there to bark in case anyone was trying to escape. The prior house in Texas is where they supposedly left town and left two dogs in the house (I think they were chihuahuas). I read that the chihuahuas survived by eating (gross) what was in the diapers. Also the house had at least one dead cat inside.

The fact that they fed the dogs and themselves and not the kids means they were starving the kids on purpose.

Nope. That’s cruel. [emoji22]

I don't know how far back that was, but, way back when it was considered corporal punishment. Today, thank goodness, it would be considered abuse. Back in my day, we'd get the strap on the hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288