GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

What's really scary about this, is that unfortunately it was Tess that got murdered. What makes it even more scarier, is that this ******* was reported to have been attempting to go with someone/people a week prior to another club (which I don't know the name off the top of my head I think it was El Convento Rico?). Was he hungry for a kill then? Would he have attempted to do it to someone before Tess? Was that his ultimate goal? It just really weirds me out about his behaviour, and if it wouldn't have been Tess, I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it definitely would have been someone else. I'm gonna guess that he scopes women out from afar, and then approaches them.

Where is this info coming from? I feel like I missed something.

Curious to know if the rape you referenced occurred outside, in a club, or at a residence and if a date rape drug was involved?

The rape itself occurred at a residence and it sounds like a date rape drug was involved. He came and found her on the floor in the bathroom at the bar trying to call a friend, took her phone, got her in his car and took her to his(or someone’s) condo.

I’m so grateful I made it through college without getting drugged. It happened to a few of my friends and it had a pretty significant impact on their mental health at least in the short term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is this info coming from? I feel like I missed something.

A woman tweeted after the images were released that she'd been approached by the same man the previous Saturday. (I think she meant December 2nd... so actually the weekend after the murder, not before, though it was a bit unclear.) He'd approached them outside Crews & Tangos and tried to usher them into a cab asking to accompany him to El Convento Rico.

The thing is, the suspect looks generic and the low res images are easy to project onto. So especially with the difference in time between when she saw him and when the images are released, it's entirely possible this was not the suspect. But it seems like one of the more credible sightings.

I've gone through the available photos online from El Convento Rico for every weekend since the beginning of November and have not found any pictures that appear to have the suspect captured in them unfortunately.

A woman tweeted after the images were released that she'd been approached by the same man the previous Saturday. (I think she meant December 2nd... so actually the weekend after the murder, not before, though it was a bit unclear.) He'd approached them outside Crews & Tangos and tried to usher them into a cab asking to accompany him to El Convento Rico.

The thing is, the suspect looks generic and the low res images are easy to project onto. So especially with the difference in time between when she saw him and when the images are released, it's entirely possible this was not the suspect. But it seems like one of the more credible sightings.

I've gone through the available photos online from El Convento Rico for every weekend since the beginning of November and have not found any pictures that appear to have the suspect captured in them unfortunately.

Thanks very much for your helpful answer.

Since we're on a new page again, I'll post the suspect images for anyone browsing:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Wow, great ideas. This guy must be out there!

I just got suddenly enraged looking at the photos again. No matter how much I look, it makes no difference because I don't know him. However, someone knows him and isn't coming forward, and it angers me.

In the chance that this story isn't reaching the right communities, I'm thinking I might start emailing news stations urging them to report on this case. But my gut is telling me someone is protecting him.

I just got suddenly enraged looking at the photos again. No matter how much I look, it makes no difference because I don't know him. However, someone knows him and isn't coming forward, and it angers me.

In the chance that this story isn't reaching the right communities, I'm thinking I might start emailing news stations urging them to report on this case. But my gut is telling me someone is protecting him.

I think that TPS have been so busy with a few other high profile cases that I wonder how much time has actually been devoted to this one.

I think that TPS have been so busy with a few other high profile cases that I wonder how much time has actually been devoted to this one.

Hopefully now that Bruce McArthur has been arrested, there will be more resources to dedicate to this. I can't imagine Homicide would have been completely neglectful of Tess's case though, for the simple reason that their initial mishandling of it was a huge black eye on them PR-wise. The idea of being able to make a clean arrest that leads to a conviction and "redeems" them publicly has to be at least somewhat compelling to them. (At least, I hope. This may be naive.)

Hopefully now that Bruce McArthur has been arrested, there will be more resources to dedicate to this. I can't imagine Homicide would have been completely neglectful of Tess's case though, for the simple reason that their initial mishandling of it was a huge black eye on them PR-wise. The idea of being able to make a clean arrest that leads to a conviction and "redeems" them publicly has to be at least somewhat compelling to them. (At least, I hope. This may be naive.)

I hope you are right! Many homicide members working on the Sherman case right now.

I hope you're right, too! However the Bruce McArthur case and the Sherman case are both ongoing and deeply complex investigations. They are nowhere near completion on either, and still require a ton of resources. I agree though, that the Tess Richey case was the final straw that ignited the internal investigation, so I can only hope it remains a top priority. I fear that until they receive more information, they may be in gridlock, though.

Every day I wake up hoping we'll have news about this monster who killed Tess.

I hope you're right, too! However the Bruce McArthur case and the Sherman case are both ongoing and deeply complex investigations. They are nowhere near completion on either, and still require a ton of resources. I agree though, that the Tess Richey case was the final straw that ignited the internal investigation, so I can only hope it remains a top priority. I fear that until they receive more information, they may be in gridlock, though.

I failed to consider how much must still be going into the McArthur investigation, especially considering today's revelations about how wide-ranging the locations they have to search are. The one minor silver lining on that very dark cloud is that every time McArthur's in the news, Tess's case seems to get a burst of attention and interest too -- my tweets about the case always get a sudden burst of RTs from people I've never had retweeting them before, including a lot of people today who don't live in Toronto.

I failed to consider how much must still be going into the McArthur investigation, especially considering today's revelations about how wide-ranging the locations they have to search are. The one minor silver lining on that very dark cloud is that every time McArthur's in the news, Tess's case seems to get a burst of attention and interest too -- my tweets about the case always get a sudden burst of RTs from people I've never had retweeting them before, including a lot of people today who don't live in Toronto.
Well that's really great news actually. I wish I could have public profiles on social media, but due to personal and professional reasons, I cannot. I'm off Wednesday and Thursday this week, and will be composing emails to all relevant news organizations in and outside of the GTA.

Honestly just sharing the suspect photos on Facebook hasn't helped much. Friends of mine from Toronto barely even share it. I'm wondering if I should private message everyone I know, even if it takes hours, to get them to share.

He's just so generic looking, easy for people to see the images and think it looks like frank or bob, but to pass that off as so do a million other men. god he even looks like my window cleaner fgs.... (suspicious me, checked his fb, he was at a wedding over 3000 miles away)

I agree that video footage could be helpful. Im bad at not wearing my glasses so cant see faces well, I just memorise the way people walk.

Honestly just sharing the suspect photos on Facebook hasn't helped much. Friends of mine from Toronto barely even share it. I'm wondering if I should private message everyone I know, even if it takes hours, to get them to share.
It's true. We all only have so many folks on our friend lists, and the likelihood than any of those people know the suspect is slim. Even people on their friend lists knowing the suspect could be slim, and on and on. That's really why it needs it be in MSM on a recurring basis, and in MSM from local communities outside of Toronto.

He's just so generic looking, easy for people to see the images and think it looks like frank or bob, but to pass that off as so do a million other men. god he even looks like my window cleaner fgs.... (suspicious me, checked his fb, he was at a wedding over 3000 miles away)

I agree that video footage could be helpful. Im bad at not wearing my glasses so cant see faces well, I just memorise the way people walk.

Yep, I've done the "check this person's social media over just in case" thing with a couple of folks now. One guy, I browsed through his pictures for about 20 minutes before realizing he was wearing that hat in all his pictures because he's completely bald on top.

As for video footage, I think the ATM footage must be extremely low frame rate and probably looks more like a series of stills than a video you could get a good sense of his walk from. No idea about the stairwell video. Still, more images could only help get a better idea of what he looked like. My hope is that there is some logic i am missing behind police not releasing it right now.

Yep, I've done the "check this person's social media over just in case" thing with a couple of folks now. One guy, I browsed through his pictures for about 20 minutes before realizing he was wearing that hat in all his pictures because he's completely bald on top.

As for video footage, I think the ATM footage must be extremely low frame rate and probably looks more like a series of stills than a video you could get a good sense of his walk from. No idea about the stairwell video. Still, more images could only help get a better idea of what he looked like. My hope is that there is some logic i am missing behind police not releasing it right now.
Same. Otherwise it just seems completely negligent in my opinion. I'm hoping they have their reasons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back