CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if repost (my introduction to many posts in these threads it seems, as I try to stay caught up...):

"On Wednesday, he told The Associated Press that the siblings were slowly opening up to investigators.

“Victims in these kinds of cases, they tell their story, but they tell it slowly. They tell it at their own pace,” Hestrin said. “It will come out when it comes out.”"

Snip

"The Turpins are each facing nearly 40 charges, including a dozen counts of torture and another dozen counts of false imprisonment. Riverside County Superior Court Judge Emma Smith Wednesday barred the parents from contacting their children for the next three years, including by phone or electronically. Only their lawyer can deliver messages, The Desert Sun reported."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-former-neighbor-says/?utm_term=.4274895ac0f7

I think she looks totally insane, and he looks scared.
I still think she was the boss, and whatever she wanted she got.

If anyone has the stomach for it google Colt family Australia.
I didn’t think anyone could be worse than them, but the Turpins are as bad.
So many similarities but like in the Turpin case, no one spoke out.
No matter how these families try to sail under the radar, people must know something is not right.

The girl who escaped had photos. Do we know if those were on the phone? If they were, it just occurred to me she didn't have to take them all at once. For all we know, she has photos taken at various times over the past two years. Maybe she tried to document as many cases of abuse as possible?

It's never been stated if the pictures were digital, on the phone, or on a camera, or prints. I suspect the pictures were on the phone because there's been no mention that she had anything other than a cell phone when she escaped from the house. To have prints, she would have had to have access to a printer, and that would be risky...........taking pictures with a cell phone or camera and then printing them out on a printer. I'm guessing there was a printer in the home as LT had a Facebook page, so likely a computer and some sort of printer.

My guess is that the 17-year-old probably had a simple flip-phone, something easy to conceal in the house, and easy to conceal when she escaped.

Posted in the media thread for reference, thanks (as I said I'm behind here, but as I come across links, etc, will double check to see if they're posted there).

Louise Turpin Had Tryst With Man She Met Online - and Husband David Drove Her, Sister Says

"Teresa Robinette says David Turpin once drove his wife 700 miles for a romantic tryst with a total stranger.

“She said that [she] and David had met a man online and they were going to Huntsville, Ala., to meet him and she said she was going to sleep with him,” she told Inside Edition. “David waited in the parking lot on her.”"

Snip

"In a photo exclusively obtained by Inside Edition, the Turpins are seen posing at a Texas rodeo. The couple enjoyed the rodeo so much that they returned two*years later to take a similar image that was later used as the family Christmas card."

(I'm looking for the approx. date of the Huntsville encounter....)

That rodeo photo :O

I'm sorry, but, that, photo :laughing:. When that's your family Christmas card, and you have 12 children, may God have mercy on your soul. I guess the kids were back at the house with some Spam, or Vienna sausages, while they were ridin' a stuffed bull. :gaah: These family members are selling these FB photos. You know they are. Wonder what they're going for?

Ironic, the photos staged with all the matching outfits, smiles, to appear so normal, just might be the same photos to help convict them!

Posted in the media thread for reference, thanks (as I said I'm behind here, but as I come across links, etc, will double check to see if they're posted there).

Louise Turpin Had Tryst With Man She Met Online - and Husband David Drove Her, Sister Says

"Teresa Robinette says David Turpin once drove his wife 700 miles for a romantic tryst with a total stranger.

“She said that [she] and David had met a man online and they were going to Huntsville, Ala., to meet him and she said she was going to sleep with him,” she told Inside Edition. “David waited in the parking lot on her.”"

Snip

"In a photo exclusively obtained by Inside Edition, the Turpins are seen posing at a Texas rodeo. The couple enjoyed the rodeo so much that they returned two*years later to take a similar image that was later used as the family Christmas card."

You'd think she could've found someone closer to home.

Snip

Driving 700 miles sounds like it would have been during their time living in Texas.

p.s. that probably doesn't narrow it down too much, though, since IIRC they lived in Texas for quite a few years.

Agree, Especially if only allowed to shower once a year, in California? Or Texas either for that matter. But these charges are CA.

Eta, curious if trash was picked up routinely? I mean put out. The neighbors surveillance should show if put out regularly. Or taken off in bags. Been there since 2014, 15 people, should be tons inside if not but out. Doesn't seem like hid fact of his many children when spoke to others. That should be something make anyone go hmm . Jmho
You raise a good point...the neighbours cctv...i wonder if thats been seized as i can imagine some telling footage could be gain from it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

"The AP is not naming the siblings because of the severity of abuse allegations, which are still under investigation. The AP also has not been able to talk to the children, including the 29-year-old, or anyone who can speak on their behalf."

California torture house: Classmate of Turpin daughter says girl was frail, bullied
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...e-turpin-daughter-says-girl-was-frail-n840526

(I hate these sensationalist headlines, etc :( )

I think he gets it, I don't think that she does. I think she's nuts.

I agree. I think DT knows there's no way either one of them is going to get out of this. He knows they're facing the rest of their lives in prison, and probably separate prisons. I don't think LT has a clue.

You'd think she could've found someone closer to home.

Hmmmmm...this guy maybe was selected for a "reason"... (again that old cheesy Heart song comes to mind about the woman picking up a stranger so she can get pregnant bc her man is sterile or whatever).

I’m so behind as well. A thread behind still. Gahhh. I started a new training at work and a new shift so I’m all over the place.
I peek in when I can but I’m taking a few hours this weekend to catch up. ( big plans hahah)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, it might be better for your mental health to *not* get caught up. I can only handle small doses of this insanity.

The whole "limited knowledge of the outside world" (paraphrasing here) idea is bugging me. They *did* get out, at least a little and at least up until a couple of years ago. I am curious about what they knew vs what they didn't know. For instance, they supposedly didn't know what a policeman was, but at least two of the kids knew enough to call 911, and Shero knew enough to have photographic evidence.

Imited knowlledge. Random knowledge. Where could they get much knowledge? No TV. No radio. No playmates, no school. Some excursions that did not allow much freedom I imagine.

What could one learn in Vegas or Disneyworld or Krispy Kreme?

I realize that photographers go for the best pic of the day, but I don't think LT is all there. There's no pic in the link below, just a notation in the article;

A judge signed a protective order Wednesday prohibiting the couple from contacting their children, except through attorneys or investigators. Before the brief hearing, Louise Turpin looked at her husband and smiled. I'm leaning moe toward sadists every day. Apart, they may never have committed such things against their own, but together, well, we can see.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/da-seeks-bar-parents-contacting-13-kids-captive-52571131

You may be right...

What is with the Turpins' obsession with returning to the same places over and over again? It's baffling.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• turpinrodeo1.png
    turpinrodeo1.png
    877.5 KB · Views: 630
  • turpinrodeo2.png
    turpinrodeo2.png
    823.4 KB · Views: 627
What is with the Turpins' obsession with returning to the same places over and over again? It's baffling.

attachment.php

attachment.php

(Ugh, again this creepy old movie comes to mind and I can not for the life of me remember it...I thought it was maybe with Faye Dunaway but I don't think so...something like where a woman keeps repeating something (can't remember what though lol)...maaaaybe something about staying young forever? Gah, I'm not sure...it's driving me crazy bc I keep getting reminded of it...sorry for o/t, hopefully I'll think of it, no need to derail here with potential movie titles lol)

I'm running two days behind in reading this thread, now, but I would like to bring up a picture that was posted in thread #6

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=129168&stc=1

I would estimate the date to be around 2010, approximately when the charge sheets have the start date for the charged abuse (which doesn't mean there was no abuse/neglect prior to that date but they've had to pick a date that I presume is about as far back as they can develop decent evidence for).

Looking at the arms on those kids/young people, they look so much healthier in weight. Slim, but not the emaciated look that are apparent in more recent photos. There's a 'chubbiness' on the younger girls' arms that 'should' be there, not fat but 'normal' .... it's hard to find 'good' words to use to explain what I'm trying to say.

But either this was a time in a 'feast and famine' scenario where they were actually getting better amounts of food, or the food situation deteriorated a lot more over time from this point? Malnourishment doesn't have to equate with starvation, you can still lack vitamins and minerals and not look emaciated, so I'm not suggesting anything about the quality of the diet at that point, but they do look to me like they've been getting significantly more food than in later years.

The clothing seems to me like bulk buys of matching items and maybe having the intention of hand-me-downs, but also maybe the person buying those clothes didn't really focus so much on how well the clothes would fit as on making sure they were reasonably matched/identical (considering the frequency in photos of three or more siblings wearing identical outfits). So it might be a case of "here's 12 pairs of pants, grab something that roughly fits your waist and put it on", and if malnutrition has contributed to smaller than average heights, then you'd expect a lot of the clothing legs to be too long for the waist size of a lot of the siblings, hence they have to turn up the bottoms.

Also the Krispy Kreme photo, the eldest son in that image also looks like he might have been undergoing a period of improved quantity of food, it's the only photo where his arms don't look excessively thin to my eyes, and maybe that coincides with his college courses?

There's also been some speculation about the 2-year timespan for this 'plan' or desire to escape. That seems to coincide with the eldest son's college times, so that might contribute to their desire to 'escape' if he's coming home and telling the others about college and about the other people he's around in those classes and how there's a life out there that other people his age and younger are living that's very, very different than the siblings' life.

The eldest daughter in the post c2010 photos does appear to be 'thin' in every one, but I would have said more like 95 to 100 lbs on a 5'4" approx frame? And now she's down to around 82-86 lbs. The eldest son's college classes, according to that transcript, end in spring 2017, and I'm wondering if that's the period where the more severe emaciation occurs in the eldest daughter and probably other siblings. I think a lot of things might have gone into this desire to 'escape', and it might have started out as "I wish I/we could get out of here...but it's an impossible dream" to becoming something not just a desire but a necessity.

And the media have said that the girl who escaped had another sibling with her who turned back. It must have helped so much that they started out as two, and the bravery of the sister who tried to go with her must have been an enormous help to the girl who did make it out to call the police. Thinking of that, and that other siblings were probably morally supporting them in the escape, and then seeing that one sibling who was running to the vehicle when the police got the siblings out of the house that day. The sibling who called police has been described many times on here as a hero or a shero, and she is, and so's her sister who tried so hard to go with her, and so are the others who waited and hoped and prayed that help would come, even though it must have been so, so frightening to think about the unknown and the fear that the attempt might fail and they'd probably all face punishment if they were caught conspiring to escape and supporting the girl who did call police.

Whenever I see pictures of the 13 children, I have to remind myself that this is what they looked like then........in the year the picture was taken. We haven't seen any recent pictures taken of all the children in the past 1 - 2 years. I think when the children were rescued last Sunday - the 14th - they were probably a lot thinner than the pictures we've seen of the children since the baby was born.

Did you or anyone save a copy of the picture of the oldest boy at Krispy Kreme? I saved it, but it evidently didn't save as it's gone. I wanted to take a look at that picture again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy