TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great question, Boudy. We had one member, to the best of my knowledge, who found a white camera that closely resembled the white item.

Paging IQuestion! She is the one who found a match to the rectangular white box. Is that the item he removes from the closet in the main hallway? It seems that was when I first noticed it. Maybe SP placed it into one of his pouches for he is not seen carrying it in every scene. He holds onto it in the final breaking of the glass scene tho.

Wonder is there was a hammer in that closet? Someone could have planted a hammer inside that closet for him. He sure seemed to have a lot of tools with him.
Hi DeDee- here is what I question found.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=12642463

[quote name="IQuestion" post=12642433]
attachment.php
<br />
I think I found the item SP carried out of the room in lef......

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Hi DeDee- here is what I question found.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_fid=730&share_type=t&share_pid=12642463

[quote name=&quot;IQuestion&quot; post=12642433]
attachment.php
<br />
I think I found the item SP carried out of the room in lef......

You are simply awesome, Razz! Yes, I think this may be what SP carries out of the closet in the main hallway. How sure can we be that SP took a camera?

I wish LE would tell us more about the security cameras. It seems some of you are finding certain cameras were not functioning interiorally. How can we explain why SP is carrying it in his left hand in the final scene released by LE? It really does not make sense to me to remove a camera from the closet when the cameras were installed in the ceilings.

I happen to be one who does not feel the captured scenes released to us are in the sequence in which they occurred. Can someone convince my open mind that they were? It seems one brilliant member did an analysis and determined they were in proper sequence.

It also appears that some members feel there is more than one perp in the Church. Can we conduct a poll on that option? I understand why some feel that way but it may be explained away by the angles of the cameras changing the shape and height of SP.

Initially, LE did not consider SP to be female but the viewing public felt it could be so LE was able to state the gender was unknown. Can we create a poll of male or female or both inside the church? I'd like to know how others feel and why.

When the SW for BWH was discovered, well, he is tall and not the height LE stated they were expecting SP to be. Razz, are you up to creating an official poll, using a fresh thread, for us with those options: 1 SP or 2 SPs and Male or Female SP or one of each? Perhaps we could also include in the poll a choice of under and over on a choice of heights. Am I asking for too much?

I don’t believe it’s a camera. The image on the side of the box is squiggly shaped. Here’s the cropped SS from the video. JMHO. As far as height I believe that LE thinks as I do. That is maybe the SP had taken out the padding of the helmet and possibly modded the boots by cutting out the soles. Someone with a drill and a jigsaw could do this and adhere a piece of leather to the bottom. This would throw LE way off on height. It appears to me that he’s walking flat footed. The way that the helmet sits so low to the shoulders and the way he looks up at the Dutch doors it seems he had to tilt his head back to see that high. I also believe he wears glasses and didn’t have them on during the crime. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
b801b85f4f306383b9155fe9007e7204.jpg

Thank you, Boudy. So, I went back to find the handy dandy forcible entry tool you mentioned.

It isn't white though. Is it sold in white? Did SP remove it from the closet or already have it on them when entering the building?

View attachment 129145

I think it looks like a brick. Brought in with SP to smash windows.

I also hope MPD took a hard look at an Ellis County constable and his wife. They’ve both been charged/arrested with crimes against witnesses in an abuse of office case against him. He even tried to run over one of the witnesses.

I think it looks like a brick. Brought in with SP to smash windows.

I also hope MPD took a hard look at an Ellis County constable and his wife. They’ve both been charged/arrested with crimes against witnesses in an abuse of office case against him. He even tried to run over one of the witnesses.

Do you have a theory on why the Constable case could be connected to MBs murder? tia

Do you have a theory on why the Constable case could be connected to MBs murder? tia

His legs turn out when he walks, he has military and LE background, both he & his wife exercised at a gym and participated in mud runs, endurance type running. I’m trying to find the photo of Missy at the gym to see if it’s the same one.

Nothing concrete.

ITA - I keep thinking about how the initial contact between Missy & the perp. If I was walking thru the church hallway expecting to be alone and suddenly happened upon a person who was dressed as a SWAT officer, I think I would be startled, but then expect I would be relieved that it was a cop. But then to have SP turn on me is absolutely a frightening and terrifying thought.

Who knows, maybe Missy was ambushed and she never saw the attack coming. I’m hoping for that scenario. Scary either way it happened.

Agreed great write up! If I entered and came upon that outfit, I have to say I would startled then relieved it was a security or police, only to be blindsided, I am sure she "tried" to fight, as I would have... she was small but looked awful mighty!
I pray this culprit is arrested and justice for Missy can happen!

I don’t believe it’s a camera. The image on the side of the box is squiggly shaped. Here’s the cropped SS from the video. JMHO. As far as height I believe that LE thinks as I do. That is maybe the SP had taken out the padding of the helmet and possibly modded the boots by cutting out the soles. Someone with a drill and a jigsaw could do this and adhere a piece of leather to the bottom. This would throw LE way off on height. It appears to me that he’s walking flat footed. The way that the helmet sits so low to the shoulders and the way he looks up at the Dutch doors it seems he had to tilt his head back to see that high. I also believe he wears glasses and didn’t have them on during the crime. JMHO

b801b85f4f306383b9155fe9007e7204.jpg

Thank you, Boudy. So, I went back to find the handy dandy forcible entry tool you mentioned.

It isn't white though. Is it sold in white? Did SP remove it from the closet or already have it on them when entering the building?

View attachment 129145

Well, now, Boudy, I don't know about those jagged edges on the white item as I feel they are straight lines and not jagged. If you click on the attachment of the SS I inserted, the frame of the door appears jagged when in real life, we know for a fact, that the frame of the door is a solid straight line.

Interesting idea about SP requiring glasses. Maybe wore contacts for the crime? I mean the intent was to murder and not miss so SP had to see clearly, as in 20/20, right?

Also, I totally agree the footwear is amiss. Those soles are an obvious misfit, at particular times in the CCTV, especially, when rounding the SW corner near the Dutch door. I don't mind viewing the video several times more than the 5,792,845,438,593 times I've already watched to look specifically for flat-footedness even though I see about an inch high soles as the soles appears longer than the boots they're attached to.

You've offered a feasible explanation about the action at the Dutch door being due to removing the padding of the helmet; therefore, the helmet sits lower on the head. Some have suggested SP didn't know that was a Dutch door is why the head tilts although, I definitely disagree. SP knew that Church very well. The degree of planning is obvious due to the tight timeline when the murder actually occurred, SP escaped and the CGs found Missy unresponsive.

Either SP acquired a set of blueprints or a long-time member, or ex-member, assisted or something or someone dependable was relied on for this risky mission to even enter the Creekside Church knowing it had motion detecting security cameras.

SP didn't care about being seen on the CCTV. SP cared about the safe places where the attack could take place out of the range of the cameras. Where are those safe places exactly?

You are simply awesome, Razz! Yes, I think this may be what SP carries out of the closet in the main hallway. How sure can we be that SP took a camera?

I wish LE would tell us more about the security cameras. It seems some of you are finding certain cameras were not functioning interiorally. How can we explain why SP is carrying it in his left hand in the final scene released by LE? It really does not make sense to me to remove a camera from the closet when the cameras were installed in the ceilings.

I happen to be one who does not feel the captured scenes released to us are in the sequence in which they occurred. Can someone convince my open mind that they were? It seems one brilliant member did an analysis and determined they were in proper sequence.

It also appears that some members feel there is more than one perp in the Church. Can we conduct a poll on that option? I understand why some feel that way but it may be explained away by the angles of the cameras changing the shape and height of SP.

Initially, LE did not consider SP to be female but the viewing public felt it could be so LE was able to state the gender was unknown. Can we create a poll of male or female or both inside the church? I'd like to know how others feel and why.

When the SW for BWH was discovered, well, he is tall and not the height LE stated they were expecting SP to be. Razz, are you up to creating an official poll, using a fresh thread, for us with those options: 1 SP or 2 SPs and Male or Female SP or one of each? Perhaps we could also include in the poll a choice of under and over on a choice of heights. Am I asking for too much?
Ho boy! That may be a bigger project than I'm willing to tackle. But....I'd love to hear more theories. Maybe a separate thread just for that?!

About that box. I keep writing about it and then deleting because my thought on it is a bit off the wall......but, what if it was something that fell into the east hallway and SP automatically picked it up so no one would come along and trip over it. (MB was never going to go down that hallway).

Rereading it does sound weird but whoever SP was, I think they knew the church well. Which video cameras worked, where there were areas that the cameras didn't reach.....the destruction to the church wasn't
that great. SP seemed quite comfortable "wandering" around
the hallways.

SP also knew where it would be best to ambush MB. I think SP knew exactly where she would go that morning.
Who would know that? Someone who works at the church and keeps it clean?
Someone who has been there before?

Arghhh....I'm thinking of deleting again. But what the heck.

Well, now, Boudy, I don't know about those jagged edges on the white item as I feel they are straight lines and not jagged. If you click on the attachment of the SS I inserted, the frame of the door appears jagged when in real life, we know for a fact, that the frame of the door is a solid straight line.

Interesting idea about SP requiring glasses. Maybe wore contacts for the crime? I mean the intent was to murder and not miss so SP had to see clearly, as in 20/20, right?

Also, I totally agree the footwear is amiss. Those soles are an obvious misfit, at particular times in the CCTV, especially, when rounding the SW corner near the Dutch door. I don't mind viewing the video several times more than the 5,792,845,438,593 times I've already watched to look specifically for flat-footedness even though I see about an inch high soles as the soles appears longer than the boots they're attached to.

You've offered a feasible explanation about the action at the Dutch door being due to removing the padding of the helmet; therefore, the helmet sits lower on the head. Some have suggested SP didn't know that was a Dutch door is why the head tilts although, I definitely disagree. SP knew that Church very well. The degree of planning is obvious due to the tight timeline when the murder actually occurred, SP escaped and the CGs found Missy unresponsive.

Either SP acquired a set of blueprints or a long-time member, or ex-member, assisted or something or someone dependable was relied on for this risky mission to even enter the Creekside Church knowing it had motion detecting security cameras.

SP didn't care about being seen on the CCTV. SP cared about the safe places where the attack could take place out of the range of the cameras. Where are those safe places exactly?

My squiggly comment was about the image on the side of the box not being a straight line.

If someone from a security company made a sales call to the church they may have been given a grand tour and gotten everything they needed to know about the church way before this happened. The church layout is pretty simple, someone looking thru the windows could tell that.

In reference to my comment earlier about SP not wanting to do too much damage to the church, perhaps that"s why the inside doors were propped open? So any flying glass wouldn't damage those doors. But if the doors were propped open solely for this, SP had to have been in the church just prior to do this.

And thinking about those half hearted attempts to break glass on the inside...
was it done to keep damage at a minimum?

Just thinking aloud. Something is bugging me and I can't put my finger
on it. Any comments? Good, bad or indifferent?

Ho boy! That may be a bigger project than I'm willing to tackle. But....I'd love to hear more theories. Maybe a separate thread just for that?!

About that box. I keep writing about it and then deleting because my thought on it is a bit off the wall......but, what if it was something that fell into the east hallway and SP automatically picked it up so no one would come along and trip over it. (MB was never going to go down that hallway).

Rereading it does sound weird but whoever SP was, I think they knew the church well. Which video cameras worked, where there were areas that the cameras didn't reach.....the destruction to the church wasn't
that great. SP seemed quite comfortable "wandering" around
the hallways.

SP also knew where it would be best to ambush MB. I think SP knew exactly where she would go that morning.
Who would know that? Someone who works at the church and keeps it clean?
Someone who has been there before?

Arghhh....I'm thinking of deleting again. But what the heck.

I think since a church is a public place where every Sunday is an opportunity to go and walk around it wouldn't be hard to learn a simple layout like that. Also many cameras have an led light that comes on when it is triggered. So it would take a little while but you could figure out the activation areas.

I'm in the 2 perps in the building camp because I think the person we first see in the main hallway who walks to the first door and goes into Room 2 is a different person that the one who comes out. I have also thought that maybe no camera is facing the main West entrance so a person could go through Room 2 and let someone in or out without being detected. I saw Lorex cameras that look like the ones we see in Cannonball's photo and they can be set up in a set of 8 cameras, if they used 2 at each corner they could have thought it was unnecessary to put one facing the West entrance since anyone who comes in there would soon be picked up by cameras in the hallway. JMO.

As to the idea of multiple perps and SP's odd walk being an imitation, I embrace Occam's razor. It doesn't add up for me.

Things I do have niggling ideas about: did the perp have a radio in the helmet and someone outside was communicating if the coast was clear? The perp has the walk of someone who's sure there's no one in the parking lot watching. Why? When I'm in a lit room and it's dark outside, I'm conscious that the indoors is lit up. I don't have the map handy (and this site kicks me off while I'm typing a reply!) but is the perp looking in some doors only to see out the windows of those rooms, and leaving the doors open so he can see out the windows when he comes back by?

Did the perp and/or someone else assist the non-working cameras to not work, before the time of the crime? And if so, why not all of them? Did the perp make the SW camera non-functional between entering the church and the murder (perhaps with a long item snagged from the closet to assist with the reach?) Have the police ever been asked if the perpetrator messed with the cameras, inside or out?

I believe someone who knows this perpetrator would recognize that walk if they see the video. So. That person is either aware and is covering, or has never seen the video. A poster earlier pointed out that the SP's mother would recognize the gait. I agree. Where is she? Who is she?

Thanks for posting! The good news they have small amount of DNA the bad news they don’t have
enough to really help. If LE is truly stumped why do they not release more of the video?! If they could determine light skin from the DNA could they not determine gender? ugh

I think they determined light skin from the video and not through DNA. Imo

I wonder if MPD has seen Batbrat"s
green men? The height Batbrat came up with is significantly off from what MPD came up with.

I was surprised to read Cody Moon was back in patrol after being an investigator. I wonder if he got demoted.....and if so, why.

Thanks for posting! The good news they have small amount of DNA the bad news they don’t have
enough to really help. If LE is truly stumped why do they not release more of the video?! If they could determine light skin from the DNA could they not determine gender? ugh

The "fresh eyes" peaked my interest when I saw the article. JMO, but they need more than just "fresh eyes" in that county.

So basically nothing new. They are still at the exact same place they were at two years ago. The case is just getting handed of from one person to another as they get transferred around. :(

There is new info: (well new to us)

&#8220;The little bit of physical evidence that we had we actually sent to a private lab."

"The department also looked at using DNA to help create a composite of the suspect."

"Vaughn stated that there is not a suspect at this time. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member