CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to the posts referring to TV's in the house: I believe there was a TV in the house, but only LT and DT watched it. The children/adults weren't allowed to watch it.

IMO

Seems to me that anyone who is deriving pleasure from the idea of or actual infliction of physical pain on the Turpins, is exercising the same perversion as they did, with their own children. We are a country of laws, the purpose of which is to protect ALL of us from each other's excessive greed, cruelty, revenge, recklessness, etc.

This is an important point Cady. I don't think anyone really means it literally, just expressing anger at the treatment of the children. The Turpins will eventually have to answer to a judgement far greater than anything here on earth can exact.

All amateur speculation and opinion only

I need to catch up!! These threads are so long, which is great! Just need to find the time to catch up.

Do we know when the adults and children will be transferred from the hospitals to assisted living and the two foster homes?

The older children were moved yesterday, the younger ones today.

In California for someone under 18 to get a Driver's License, they have to complete a 25 hour or so online or classroom course, go to the DMV and pass the written test, then get a certified licensed driving school to provide 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction. Only after the first hour and a half of behind the wheel instruction can the student go on the open road accompanied by a licensed driver. Then the minor has to do 40 hours of daytime driving and 10 hours of nighttime driving before they can go into take the DMV behind the wheel test. And they can only take it after the certified licensed driving school has completed the 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction and signed off on it. Given this, I think it may be a case of mistaken identity that someone claimed that they saw one of the older daughters driving an automobile.

It is possible that they mistakenly thought it was one of the daughters when it was actually the mother for one of the daughters I think.

Or could have been one if the girls with a DL maybe from Texas. Jmho. Especially if (depending on which version of reports about asking photo get drivers license years ago in Texas. For all we know the daughter may have been asking a valid question) The parents still had Texas license according to authorities.

Seems to me that anyone who is deriving pleasure from the idea of or actual infliction of physical pain on the Turpins, is exercising the same perversion as they did, with their own children. We are a country of laws, the purpose of which is to protect ALL of us from each other's excessive greed, cruelty, revenge, recklessness, etc.

I agree. Eta, to the part about law, fairness.

It is a natural human response so I can understand why people say that.

The thing is, there is no way to do to DT and LT what they did to their own children. (It is unconstitutional, for one thing, but besides that it is literally impossible.) They stole years of their children's lives.

The fact is, there is strong evidence against them. It is very likely they will spend the rest of their lives in prison. That is the next to worst punishment there is.

But, it is very upsetting they wouldn't even feed or wash their kids. Allegedly.

This is an important point Cady. I don't think anyone really means it literally, just expressing anger at the treatment of the children. The Turpins will eventually have to answer to a judgement far greater than anything here on earth can exact.

All amateur speculation and opinion only

Perhaps. But even those of us who do not subscribe to the idea of an ultimate judgment of a singular creator, can be satisfied that the laws that WE have collectively encoded, and amended as necessary, if properly obeyed, or, if not, are properly ENFORCED, will be justice rendered. JMO

When this photo was brought to the fore it was specifically stated that they stopped at this place on the way to her Huntsville liaison.

Maybe whomever stated that doesn't know it's located in same town they lived Ft Worth and could have been taken anytime http://billybobstexas.com If photo released came from sister and Facebook could be just a tale. Jmho not proof did happened.

I had read where the grandparents said the kids were forced to memorize chapters of the Bible - and some of them had to memorize the whole book. From that, I assumed they were overboard on their religiosity.

Geeze, that would certainly rule out cognitive issues...for "some" of the children at least. I don't believe this masochistic treatment had anything to do with any religion that teaches the Bible - being married by an Elvis impersonator in Sin City would be my first clue. JMO

I think the quote from the neighbor about seeing one of the older girls driving is sticking in people's minds because, officially, they have 4 vehicles for 2 drivers.

I think the neighbor probably knew what Louise looks like, so I don't think the mystery driver is her.

IMO, there is another driver. Maybe it is someone they knew who was younger than Louise and looked similar (from a distance) to her daughters. I am not even kidding. This case is so weird that I could totally buy they have a friend who would stop by and drive a car. Or it is a daughter.

Geeze, that would certainly rule out cognitive issues...for "some" of the children at least. I don't believe this masochistic treatment had anything to do with any religion that teaches the Bible - being married by an Elvis impersonator in Sin City would be my first clue. JMO

How does that rule out cognitive issues when we don't know which kids did the memorizing, when they did it, and how successful they were at doing it? We also don't know when the cognitive issues began.

Whether the daughter had a dl or not to be driving they had to know something about it. Because of another neighbor saying LT saying when took kids to Vegas when 21 kept being asked for ID, which matches up for ages if dates if 3 kids (one turning 21 in 17 days from 2015 renewal video date one 22 and one turned 21 in Feb of year sent in 2013) jmho I believe they have some sort ID. By now should be known if they have. I have to look but for some reason I thinking I read -DT still had Texas address on his. Rumor unless I find link. IF he did possible if kids have one at least older ones could be Texas too and not show up in CA database. Jmho

ETA Found link
Posted UPDATED: JAN 16 2018 09:47PM CST
Public records indicate the Turpins spent most of their married life in North Texas. They lived in Fort Worth, Johnson County and as recently as 2010 in a rural part of Hill County near Rio Vista.

Authorities say David and Louise Turpin still carry Texas driver’s licenses with addresses for a house just south of Rio Vista. http://www.fox4news.com/news/couple-accused-of-chaining-up-13-children-lived-in-north-texas

The reason they would need ID would be to drink, right? Did they allow the 21 year old kids to drink? Otherwise, does anyone need ID for any reason?

I think the quote from the neighbor about seeing one of the older girls driving is sticking in people's minds because, officially, they have 4 vehicles for 2 drivers.

I think the neighbor probably knew what Louise looks like, so I don't think the mystery driver is her.

IMO, there is another driver. Maybe it is someone they knew who was younger than Louise and looked similar (from a distance) to her daughters. I am not even kidding. This case is so weird that I could totally buy they have a friend who would stop by and drive a car. Or it is a daughter.

I think that the number of cars is strange, but that they are compulsive hoarders thus buy cars knowing eventually they will file for bankruptcy and get their debts discharged. This is a way of life for them. This is also why I think the two parents retained their Texas licenses. They basically up and left Texas and did not want the bill collectors to track them down. If they had shown up at the DMV in California per the law (10 days), they would have had to reveal their address and the collection agencies would know where they were.

I don't think any of the captive adults had California licenses, because as soon as you get one, you start getting regular summons for jury duty in many counties. There are limited ways to get out of jury duty and that usually only works once or twice. If one of the captive adults had a license from California, I'll bet they would be on the voter registration databases and on the jury duty databases that get propagated mainly from DMV driver license information.

David Koresh was the “sinful Jesus l( his words) who masturbated while giving sermons and he loved the young girls. There are plenty of self proclaimed religions that believe all kinds of unusual things. Who knows what this one is

The reason they would need ID would be to drink, right? Did they allow the 21 year old kids to drink? Otherwise, does anyone need ID for any reason?

Legal gambling age is 21.

“Many of the children didn't know what a police officer was” Hester said

I see your point, this would indicate "many" of the six children, not the adults.

I think most of us refer to them as the children. My adult children are still my children . And people ask how many children I have, not how many adults I have

Well, First- We don't really know if the memorizing the whole book of Bible is really true or an exageration.
Maybe it was the other son's children that did that and Gramma forgot.

Second- That last meeting of the children was 2011- 7+ years ago. A lot of starving and mental/physical changes
could have happened to the children since then.

Third- She didn't specify which children could memorize like that. Maybe it was only certain 'favored' children.

My point is- We just don't know the veracity or validity of her statement. Is Gramma just defending this
"highly respectable family" as she called them ????
1000 grains of salt, IMO.

The police said three children were chained when they arrived. One was still chained. The Shero had pictures.

The beds had human waste. Is that not enough to see that these parents, so to speak, are monsters? Innocent till proven guilty? Only in court.

Chaining kids is enough for me to cast aside any innocent idea, But that would not be enough to get the long sentences they deserve, I imagine. Enough for me though

The only case I can think of is when they are getting in to Disneyland. The staff may be skeptical that that many are children. I highly doubt these parents introduced their kids to bars and drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong