CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect more lewdness charges to be filed against DT. There's no reason he would be lewd toward one child and not toward the others.

Pervert!

I'm glad you picked up on that. That rubbed me the wrong way too. Also, how appropriate is it to send Christian dolls to 5 adult females (in addition to the 5 minors) who have been infantilized and abused, likely in the name of Jesus (at least at one point)? It seems like something that might trigger PTSD. Though, of course, the women may be so cognitively scarred that they want dolls. I don't know. It still gave me a bad feeling.

When my son passed away in his sleep, a well-meaning friend of mine found out his weight at his time of death and had a "Molly Bear" comissioned for me. (For those who don't know, a Molly Bear helps grieving mothers. They are teddy bears that are approximately the same size and weight of the deceased infants. The idea is that mothers can hold them to aid in the grieving process because one of the hardest things about losing an infant is no longer having anything in your arms.) She didn't tell me about the Molly Bear so one day, when I got the package, I didn't know what it was. I opened it and there was a teddy bear with a card saying, "Hello! I'm (insert the name of my dead child) Bear! Please love me." I picked it up and was startled to find that it felt like the weight of my son.

I absolutely freaked out. I was already suffering from PTSD (finding your child dead with the effects of lividity setting in can do that to a person) and this definitely "triggered" me. Maybe if I'd known about it...I don't know. Suffice to say, it didn't aid in my grief.

I think we have to be VERY cautious in sending things like this to sufferers of trauma or abuse. We have zero ideas of what their reactions are going to be or how they're going to respond. For that reason, I think it's important to stick to the list that the Chamber made.

I've looked through many pictures of the past homes they lived in. A couple of them show (towards the bottom of the wall to the floor), that the drywall top layer has been peeled back. At first glance I thought it was water damage until I looked closer. Could the children that were chained up been picking (possibly eating : ( ), the paper? This is horrifying to think, but I just so happened to talking to a friend of mine who mentioned when her toddler was little if the playpen was near a wall with wallpaper, she would pick at it/peel it.
I honestly cannot believe the filth that they lived in and left behind! I've seen many homes that have gone through foreclosure, and had fixtures/utilities ripped out, damage done from a large family, animals, but NOTHING like this.

Very possible. Pica is the issue of eating strange substances because of vitamin defciency

I seriously doubt any of the victims were having periods and could conceive. Although, it does happen in 3rd world countries.

I totally felt that way too, but didn't say it bc...well, honestly, we are all already going down a long, long rabbit hole of MASSIVE speculation in this thread. Not that there's anything wrong w/ that...I'm just trying to rein myself in so I don't clog things up further. :thinking:

I've looked through many pictures of the past homes they lived in. A couple of them show (towards the bottom of the wall to the floor), that the drywall top layer has been peeled back. At first glance I thought it was water damage until I looked closer. Could the children that were chained up been picking (possibly eating : ( ), the paper? This is horrifying to think, but I just so happened to talking to a friend of mine who mentioned when her toddler was little if the playpen was near a wall with wallpaper, she would pick at it/peel it.
I honestly cannot believe the filth that they lived in and left behind! I've seen many homes that have gone through foreclosure, and had fixtures/utilities ripped out, damage done from a large family, animals, but NOTHING like this.

In the Collingswood case where the boys were systematically starved by their mother, I read a couple of days ago that they said they were so very hungry that they would peel and eat the drywall. This could be the case here as well.

I seriously doubt any of the victims were having periods and could conceive. Although, it does happen in 3rd world countries.

When the Chamber of Commerce put out the original donation list, they put on the list http://www.mychamber.org/events/details/donations-for-perris-abuse-victims-14222 that they were looking for "Feminine Products" therefore I believe that it indicates some of the victims were having periods and could conceive. I don't know what else "Feminine Products" would mean other than that.

I totally felt that way too, but didn't say it bc...well, honestly, we are all already going down a long, long rabbit hole of MASSIVE speculation in this thread. Not that there's anything wrong w/ that...I'm just trying to rein myself in so I don't clog things up further. :thinking:

It's okay to speculate in a victim-friendly manner. It's only when we speculate in a way that minimizes the victims' pain and suffering that there is a problem.

I understand your point and don't necessarily disagree with it. :blushing: I was jumping off it to comment on the legal definition of child molestation.

I am absolutely not minimizing it. It is a horrible thing for a child to endure and I think child molestors should face the death penalty. JMO

However, in every single thread there is speculation that, because of this charge, this daughter is the mother of the two-year-old. What if she sees this? It was probably very difficult for her to tell the police. I hate that this happened.

I am ONLY saying that, based on the charge, I don't believe she had her father's baby and Thank God for that. What she endured was bad enough.

I had a better reply and I lost it. I'm sorry.

When the Chamber of Commerce put out the original donation list, they put on the list http://www.mychamber.org/events/details/donations-for-perris-abuse-victims-14222 that they were looking for "Feminine Products" therefore I believe that it indicates some of the victims were having periods and could conceive. I don't know what else "Feminine Products" would mean other than that.

Well, they are under a doctor's care and are receiving proper nutrition.

So, regardless of the way they were before... They are going to need those things.

:seeya:

Interpreting Children's Human Figure Drawing (A Basic Guideline)

Many counselors and psychologists believe that all people convey something of their emotional state when they draw a picture and that this information can be used in counseling. Drawings can be used in school settings with students who are struggling with normal developmental issues. Children’s drawings are indicators of emotions, self-esteem, and social competence, as well as other aspects of personality (Di Leo, 1973; Malchiodi, 1998), and are a way for children to call attention to topics that are personally important or emotionally significant ( omas & Silk, 1990).
Strong emotions emerge in the form of images instead of words

https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ864355.pdf

When my son passed away in his sleep, a well-meaning friend of mine found out his weight at his time of death and had a "Molly Bear" comissioned for me. (For those who don't know, a Molly Bear helps grieving mothers. They are teddy bears that are approximately the same size and weight of the deceased infants. The idea is that mothers can hold them to aid in the grieving process because one of the hardest things about losing an infant is no longer having anything in your arms.) She didn't tell me about the Molly Bear so one day, when I got the package, I didn't know what it was. I opened it and there was a teddy bear with a card saying, "Hello! I'm (insert the name of my dead child) Bear! Please love me." I picked it up and was startled to find that it felt like the weight of my son.

I absolutely freaked out. I was already suffering from PTSD (finding your child dead with the effects of lividity setting in can do that to a person) and this definitely "triggered" me. Maybe if I'd known about it...I don't know. Suffice to say, it didn't aid in my grief.

I think we have to be VERY cautious in sending things like this to sufferers of trauma or abuse. We have zero ideas of what their reactions are going to be or how they're going to respond. For that reason, I think it's important to stick to the list that the Chamber made.

I am so sorry mtnlites. 😰😰😰

I think that in the same house where the "target" drawing was, the current resident found odd holes in the ceilings, and ropes in the attic.

attachment.php

I hope police in California checked the attic in their current home. I bet some of the kids had to live in the attic! There was just no room otherwise.

attachment.php

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5279989/Horror-Texas-homes-Turpin-couple-used-live.html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 6.38.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 6.38.56 PM.png
    460.3 KB · Views: 416
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 6.43.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 6.43.33 PM.png
    615.6 KB · Views: 428
Going back to the fact that they bought it in 2014, I'm really curious about the general condition of the house inside. That's not a lot if time to tear it up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm very curious about this too, In 2015 when the baby was born the house looked pretty good in pictures that we have seen. I do think about 15 people in a house and how quickly things can get really out of hand. Garbage has to go out every single day, several loads laundry have to be done every day. about two beds have to be stripped a day, The dishwasher has to be run at least 4 times a day. Vacuuming would have to be an everyday thing. Bathrooms would have to be scrubbed every single day. Obviously the Turpins did not live in any kind of a normal way, but if you consider that even a tidy organized person would struggle to keep a house in order with that many people it gives a little perspective how these people could so easily destroy a house in just 4-6 years.

On the previous thread someone asked whether the children have been drug tested. It made me think of the Shannon Matthews case in the UK and the evidence of long term sedation. 13 sedated, terrified children would have been even easier for the parents to control IMO.

I sure hope not, I'm sure that would have been another charge though.

These are the photos taken by the bank prior to Mr Baldwin and his mother purchasing the property. This house was built on a flood plain, and the roof looked to be leaking. Vents in closets are not unusual in closets high humidity is an issue. A flood would explain the dumpster full of discarded furniture, etc. Baldwin's mother said there was so much trash inside the house you could hardly walk around, that is not depicted in these pix...perhaps she was talking about the trailer...unless it had already been moved.

My kid is a realtor and she said the excessive mold would trigger the waiver Baldwin signed (also at link), but they would not show a house, even with a waiver, that had human waste on the floor or walls. You never know though...small towns might look the other way.

In one of the pix you can actually see the hole in the water damaged ceiling.

Eta: Rio Vista house

These are the photos taken by the bank prior to Mr Baldwin and his mother purchasing the property. This house was built on a flood plain, and the roof looked to be leaking. Vents in closets are not unusual in closets high humidity is an issue. A flood would explain the dumpster full of discarded furniture, etc. Baldwin's mother said there was so much trash inside the house you could hardly walk around, that is not depicted in these pix...perhaps she was talking about the trailer...unless it had already been moved.

My kid is a realtor and she said the excessive mold would trigger the waiver Baldwin signed (also at link), but they would not show a house, even with a waiver, that had human waste on the floor or walls. You never know though...small towns might look the other way.

In one of the pix you can actually see the hole in the water damaged ceiling.

Good point about the water damage---possible flooding. That would also explain the lack of carpet or flooring in the bathroom.

We have to remember that the Turpins abandoned the house when they moved into the mobile home, and they probably kept extra furniture and junk in the old house. The kids might have been allowed to play in the old house, and that is why there are drawings on the walls.

Also, while it is tempting to suggest that the "trailer house" the Turpins installed behind the brick house would be small or unsuitable, in reality, many of the newer mobile homes are very nice and large, modern and roomy. The mobile home was probably a step up from the house, but we'll never know since nobody has posted any pictures of the mobile home, AFAIK.

None of this excuses the monsterous LT and DT from the unthinkable acts of cruelty and callousness that they perpetrated on their poor, defenseless children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa