GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think someone else could have accessed her FB, driven her car home and texted the message. It would be interesting to know if Jenna's FB password was changed during that time. If somebody had her phone, they could probably access her FB, change her password and log in from the home computer using the new password. That would be a good way to stage it to look like she made it home if she didn't. (I'm not saying I think it's likely, but I do think it's possible.)

I'm not real sure what you're asking about the phone locations being searched.

I believe that in order to change your FB password you have to enter your existing password first. Unless of course someone knew it, then it’s possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as Jenna's parents watching her phone log..... I don't think that's so unusual given the circumstances. They were giving her space but were also worried and concerned about her, and rightfully so..... She's on the spectrum, easily influenced; had made some recent poor choices that were out of character for her, there were some lifestyle changes, she was hanging out with some people with criminal histories, and Jenna was secretive and refusing to share important things with her family. The phone records were right in front of them (parents) and allowed them to keep watchful tabs without being in Jenna's face. As a parent, I totally get that.

Personally, I think Jenna came back to her parents house late Friday night or early Saturday morning in her Mom's car and had someone with her; just my opinion. I think Jenna accessed her FB account from home and also sent the text message to the SC friend. Anyone could have been driving Jenna's car Saturday morning.

I so wish we had info on the phone pings and who PI / LE / family feel that Jenna was with last. Going on 6 months now, and time to share a little more info!

Yes, I think someone else could have accessed her FB, driven her car home and texted the message. It would be interesting to know if Jenna's FB password was changed during that time. If somebody had her phone, they could probably access her FB, change her password and log in from the home computer using the new password. That would be a good way to stage it to look like she made it home if she didn't. (I'm not saying I think it's likely, but I do think it's possible.)

I'm not real sure what you're asking about the phone locations being searched.
I agree that could be possible. Would LE know if that had been done?
On the search of the last ping locations, LVG said LE were going to physically search those areas but he couldn't reveal those locations. I was wondering if anyone knew of any searches being made.

Is it possible they think she is voluntarily missing?

Also the GBI have their own missing persons list but it won't download for me. It would be interesting to see if she is listed on that.
Maybe LE is suspecting she is being held against her will and do not want to release info publically for fear that the suspect/s may kill her.

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk

So maybe LE has a person/people of interest that they believe may be holding Jenna against her will therefore they aren't saying very much publically in fear that they may retaliate and hurt her. Also, I read somewhere near the end of this thread of beer bottles, beer cans left in a bedroom, if that is true, why didn't the family hand them over to LE for DNA saliva testing? I also remember reading that LE did no forensic investigation of the parents' home but being that her father was an attorney, wouldn't he or shouldn't he have known this testing is available? I mean, this has been available for at least two decades now? Even if LE wasn't doing their initial investigation properly, the father as an attorney or the PI they hired could have easily bagged these up and paid a private lab to do so!

Sent from my Z835 using Tapatalk

Apparently there was a search done with dogs at a location identified by the psychic hired by the family (mentioned by In the podcast). I'm not sure what kind of search or how extensive..... but didn't LE search the area around where Jenna's car was found? I know of no other searches.

Regarding evidence, LVG also stated that he collected everything in the house that didn't belong to them and gave it to LE in a bag. Sure the family could have collected drinking glasses, bottles, cigarette butts etc for DNA testing..... but could LE use the DNA results? Or would that be considered "contaminated" evidence since it wasn't collected by LE themselves?

Forget that LVG is an attorney. It'a not fair to assume what he should of / could have done. He is Jenna's DAD, numb with worry, and not in charge of the investigation. I think he was in a precarious situation and couldn't outright accuse LE of doing a poor job, thus a PI were hired. And we don't know how accepting LE was about a PI involvement. We know nothing about the PI findings..... another thing I wish the family would open up about.

So Jenna was at Wendy's with someone ~ 11PM. Her mother's car was returned home at some point that night. She (presumably) texted SC friend ~ 2AM. I wonder what time her FB account was accessed at home. Then Jenna's car was seen somewhere in west Atlanta Saturday morning. And if I remember correctly, Jenna's phone was still working when Subie tried calling her Saturday morning, right? But her phone went over to voicemail when her friend tried calling a little later. Just my opinion, but I think someone spent the night Saturday night and Jenna was giving that person a ride somewhere Saturday morning. And never came back home.

If her phone connected to the home WiFi, no one would’ve needed a password to access it if they had her phone. I always assumed it was just accessed via the app on her phone but maybe I’m wrong.

@jld333 that's what I assumed also, FB was accessed by the app on her phone.

So, this dawned on me recently..... Person #3, College Park guy, who Jenna had been in contact with Friday night and was supposed to meet up with to get something to eat. He didn't want her to drive her mom's car to College Park (but it would be on for her to drive her own car there?). So they were going to meet around Lindbergh.

Sorry, was t finished yet..... Anyway, #3 says Jenna didn't show up (and we don't know if that is true). The Marta rail line (Atlanta subway train) has stops at College Park & Lindbergh stations; so suppose person #3 took Marta from College Park to Lindbergh station and Jenna picked him up (so they really did meet up). They went to Wendy's together ~ 11pm (Wendy's is ~ 1.5 miles away from the Lindbergh rail station). Marta rail shuts down at 1:15 on weekend nights. So if #3 had no ride back to College Park, they returned Moms car back home (how tall is this guy... front passenger seat was found back to accommodate a taller person), presumably to switch cars. But # 3 ended up staying at the house late, possibly overnight, and Jenna gave him a ride somewhere Saturday morning. Yes, there are lots of unanswered questions, like why was her suitcase in the car etc. But if she was planning to come right back home Saturday morning. that could explain why the lights & TV were left on and there was no sign of forced entry. IMO, person #3, with phone number connected to Instagram club on Campbelton Rd and possible pimping (per Subie) can't be eliminated in Jenna's disappearance. Just a thought.

Sorry, was t finished yet..... Anyway, #3 says Jenna didn't show up (and we don't know if that is true). The Marta rail line (Atlanta subway train) has stops at College Park & Lindbergh stations; so suppose person #3 took Marta from College Park to Lindbergh station and Jenna picked him up (so they really did meet up). They went to Wendy's together ~ 11pm (Wendy's is ~ 1.5 miles away from the Lindbergh rail station). Marta rail shuts down at 1:15 on weekend nights. So if #3 had no ride back to College Park, they returned Moms car back home (how tall is this guy... front passenger seat was found back to accommodate a taller person), presumably to switch cars. But # 3 ended up staying at the house late, possibly overnight, and Jenna gave him a ride somewhere Saturday morning. Yes, there are lots of unanswered questions, like why was her suitcase in the car etc. But if she was planning to come right back home Saturday morning. that could explain why the lights & TV were left on and there was no sign of forced entry. IMO, person #3, with phone number connected to Instagram club on Campbelton Rd and possible pimping (per Subie) can't be eliminated in Jenna's disappearance. Just a thought.

Very good thinking here. So this meet is after the bf breaks up with her right? Have we any info College Park has been interviewed?

Yes, I would think this occurred after BF breaks up with her (in theory). Per BOH recap, yes, PI interviewed person #3, who
said Jenna didn't show up. I believe thats all we know. But at this point the whole scenario is a "he said, she said"' as there are so many missing pieces and credibility issues / inconsistencies with those interviewed.

So, this dawned on me recently..... Person #3, College Park guy, who Jenna had been in contact with Friday night and was supposed to meet up with to get something to eat. He didn't want her to drive her mom's car to College Park (but it would be on for her to drive her own car there?). So they were going to meet around Lindbergh.

Yes, I would think this occurred after BF breaks up with her (in theory). Per BOH recap, yes, PI interviewed person #3, who
said Jenna didn't show up. I believe thats all we know. But at this point the whole scenario is a "he said, she said"' as there are so many missing pieces and credibility issues / inconsistencies with those interviewed.
Do we know if LE have interviewed him? I wonder if LE have all their phone data as well as Jenna's?

If her phone connected to the home WiFi, no one would’ve needed a password to access it if they had her phone. I always assumed it was just accessed via the app on her phone but maybe I’m wrong.

I didn't think of that, but so true!! That makes the most sense...

Unfortunately, I don't recall reading that LE interviewed him. And we don't have the phone data..... but hopefully LE does and is looking at all angles. I can only hope that LE is onto someone / something and is watching carefully.

@Stanley. Yes, one of the original POI listed by VI. Person # 3, the guy from College Park. Jenna was in contact with him Friday night and was supposed to meet him around Lindbergh; they had talked about getting something to eat.

Apparently there was a search done with dogs at a location identified by the psychic hired by the family (mentioned by In the podcast). I'm not sure what kind of search or how extensive..... but didn't LE search the area around where Jenna's car was found? I know of no other searches.

Regarding evidence, LVG also stated that he collected everything in the house that didn't belong to them and gave it to LE in a bag. Sure the family could have collected drinking glasses, bottles, cigarette butts etc for DNA testing..... but could LE use the DNA results? Or would that be considered "contaminated" evidence since it wasn't collected by LE themselves?

Forget that LVG is an attorney. It'a not fair to assume what he should of / could have done. He is Jenna's DAD, numb with worry, and not in charge of the investigation. I think he was in a precarious situation and couldn't outright accuse LE of doing a poor job, thus a PI were hired. And we don't know how accepting LE was about a PI involvement. We know nothing about the PI findings..... another thing I wish the family would open up about.

So Jenna was at Wendy's with someone ~ 11PM. Her mother's car was returned home at some point that night. She (presumably) texted SC friend ~ 2AM. I wonder what time her FB account was accessed at home. Then Jenna's car was seen somewhere in west Atlanta Saturday morning. And if I remember correctly, Jenna's phone was still working when Subie tried calling her Saturday morning, right? But her phone went over to voicemail when her friend tried calling a little later. Just my opinion, but I think someone spent the night Saturday night and Jenna was giving that person a ride somewhere Saturday morning. And never came back home.
The only bit im not sure of is that the flyers say "last seen" at her parents address and we know her car was spotted on the saturday morning on cctv. Im assuming her car was spotted and she didnt appear to be in it unless its worded incorrectly. I still have a gut feeling something happened at the house but someone staying the night etc.. is a good possibility.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The only bit im not sure of is that the flyers say "last seen" at her parents address and we know her car was spotted on the saturday morning on cctv. Im assuming her car was spotted and she didnt appear to be in it unless its worded incorrectly. I still have a gut feeling something happened at the house but someone staying the night etc.. is a good possibility.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
I don't really get that last seen at the parents house. There isn't video evidence or a photo is there? For example the Snapchat photo of Abbey Williams is referred to as the last seen location of the girls murdered in Delphi but with Jenna it is only a "last heard" isn't it?
AFAWK the ex bf was the one to see J last.

I don't really get that last seen at the parents house. There isn't video evidence or a photo is there? For example the Snapchat photo of Abbey Williams is referred to as the last seen location of the girls murdered in Delphi but with Jenna it is only a "last heard" isn't it?
AFAWK the ex bf was the one to see J last.

Last seen at parents house.....hmmmmm confusing........

Older information from the posts

August 18, Friday
Iwas at the house Friday a.m. to give the cat her meds, I remember seeing the car<Jenna’s car> there. I saw her Friday A.M that was that last time I sawher. Post by brother 831 (can't recall thread number)

Uber-girlfriendwas with Jenna around 6 p.m. (Not clear if they were at parents house)Took an Uber-taxi to her home. T2, # 85 bybrother. If you are with somebody...you see somebody....

She was that evening at her apartment with friends....so they saw her....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes