Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, western shirt, July'99 - Peggy Lynn Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a connection between killings/missing persons from Illinois, and suspects named...what if this woman is Racine Jane Doe?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/matney_janice.html

According to the stats (height) she is not a match and she was reported missing in 2002 (by whom?) but I'm sorry I don't believe any word of a sex offender...My theory...he killed her...staid under the radar for a while (and then, maybe pressured by his environment and not wanting himself to look guilty) he reported her missing....mixing up the stats....

Attachments

• naamloos.png
    naamloos.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 69
  • naamloos2.png
    naamloos2.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 68
Does anyone know about the clothing...was it assumed that it was her own or something the killer put on her? Checked for carpet fibers or hair?

Does anyone know about the clothing...was it assumed that it was her own or something the killer put on her? Checked for carpet fibers or hair?

This is a good question. For some reason I thought the shirt she had on was a mans shirt. This could mean a lot of things. But, most likely a domestic situation.

My thoughts, our victim is a runaway or prostitute that was never reported missing. She deserves a name..and it sickens me how she was tortured and treated so unkind. She was once known to someone and I pray she will be recognized. If ever arrested, do we know if DNA is on file. If so, were fingerprints ever put through the system for a potential match?

Could this UID be Doreen Jane Vincent, missing since June 15, 1988 from CT. She has double pierced ears, although her height is off.

IMOO.

From her Doenet page: "She had a "cauliflower" deformation on her right ear that may have come from a recent injury. Possibly cognitively disabled."

I am guessing (and praying) that it was a natural deformation.

I used to box recreationally and have been around both amateur and professional boxers. That injury takes a long time to develop.
My thought is she was a prostitute or runaway . Maybe wanted out of that lifestyle or possibly stole money from her pimp or john. To be treated the way she was, this person was cold and had no feelings or attachment. Would be interested in finding out what was going on during that time frame in in that general area ...fair, carnival..ect

I like the carnival possibility.

A runaway connected to a travelling carnival would not be missed from either the local area, nor from the carnival's home base town as those travelling with the carnival come and go. There is a possibility that a carnival was based in the area, but I get the impression that most carnivals prefer to base out of the South (warmer weather, lower cost of living).

I'm worried no one has reported her missing...prostitue or domestic violence. Maybe her ID lies in finding the killer. Any other murders in that area within same timeline..or even same style??

Newcomer here on an iPhone,sorry if I'm posting wrong place. Has Julie Ann Moseley been tested against racine county Jane doe I'm wondering.

Newcomer here on an iPhone,sorry if I'm posting wrong place. Has Julie Ann Moseley been tested against racine county Jane doe I'm wondering.

They both have DNA on file according to Namus so it would have been flagged if it was a match.

I would like to know what if any testing was done on her clothing. Sounds like it was a mans outfit. If so,maybe the killer dressed her in his...contains possible DNA?

Its a very long shot, but I'll mention it anyway...

Carla Corley went missing in 1980 aged 14. She would have been 34 at the time of Racine Jane Doe's death, but in some places RJD's upper age estimate is 30 or 35.

She had been abducted and gang raped a month prior to her disappearance, and the men had been looking for Carla in the days leading up to her disappearance. In all likelihood they probably murdered her, but its possible that they might have kept her as a sex slave or passed her onto someone else who did.

I think the appearance is similar, and the hair and eye colour match perfectly. Carla also had brain damage that meant she had epilepsy. Carla was only 5 foot 3, but this height might have been an estimate and she could also have grown a bit more, given that she was still 14.

If the cauliflower ear was an acquired deformity, then Racine Jane Doe would have to have been abused for a long period of time, which would be the case if she was Carla. I know that the torture was for about four weeks before death, but that doesn't mean that RJD wasn't in an abusive situation before that.

Carla has both DNA and dentals in NAMUS, which means she 'should' be automatically flagged as a match if she is, but I never quite trust DNA automatic matches, due to the fact that we can't see what type of DNA is available. As for the dentals - could those be affected by the time gap? If there was a long period (19 years) of poor dental hygiene, then decay would have set in. RJD did have bad teeth.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/corley_carla.html

As I said already - its a long shot, but I'd be interested in what you all think.

Its a very long shot, but I'll mention it anyway...

Carla Corley went missing in 1980 aged 14. She would have been 34 at the time of Racine Jane Doe's death, but in some places RJD's upper age estimate is 30 or 35.

She had been abducted and gang raped a month prior to her disappearance, and the men had been looking for Carla in the days leading up to her disappearance. In all likelihood they probably murdered her, but its possible that they might have kept her as a sex slave or passed her onto someone else who did.

I think the appearance is similar, and the hair and eye colour match perfectly. Carla also had brain damage that meant she had epilepsy. Carla was only 5 foot 3, but this height might have been an estimate and she could also have grown a bit more, given that she was still 14.

If the cauliflower ear was an acquired deformity, then Racine Jane Doe would have to have been abused for a long period of time, which would be the case if she was Carla. I know that the torture was for about four weeks before death, but that doesn't mean that RJD wasn't in an abusive situation before that.

Carla has both DNA and dentals in NAMUS, which means she 'should' be automatically flagged as a match if she is, but I never quite trust DNA automatic matches, due to the fact that we can't see what type of DNA is available. As for the dentals - could those be affected by the time gap? If there was a long period (19 years) of poor dental hygiene, then decay would have set in. RJD did have bad teeth.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/corley_carla.html

As I said already - its a long shot, but I'd be interested in what you all think.

A horrible scenario....poor girl...we have seen stranger cases of girls kept imprisoned for almost a life time. I can't say yes or no but I wanted to add something.

Last October I submitted Carla to Namus in relation to an UID found.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15342

AlthoughJane Doe was estimated between 18 – 99 it could be that this human remainsbelong to Carla Corley https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2345/0/, 14 years when she went missing in 1980.
I choosenot to theorize about the discrepancy between Carla’s age when she went missingand age of UID found. There is no postmortem interval mentioned or an estimatedyear of dead to go by. Normally I would compare the stats, but there is almostnothing to compare with.

The mainreason for bringing this up was that the apartment where theyfound the skull and mandible was only 11 minutes from the place Carla lived atthe time.

The addresswhere the remains were found is 2325 10th Court South, apartment #10 inBirmingham, Alabama. Carla disappeared from: Airport Highway, Birmingham,Alabama (per http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/corley_carla.html)

Due to time and location probably not very likely. Kimberly Ann Amero. Never returned from the county fair Sept 85.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/240dfnb.html

e3267040d536ead68fe936f2d2ba49d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe grew up in foster care...runaway or prostitute....
This crime was so brutal, I would think the killer has a criminal history of violence before or after her death. Very disturbing.
The area she was found in....is it rural or is there nightlife near by? Wonder if she was from the area or if dumped there because the killer crossed state lines...

Maybe grew up in foster care...runaway or prostitute....
This crime was so brutal, I would think the killer has a criminal history of violence before or after her death. Very disturbing.
The area she was found in....is it rural or is there nightlife near by? Wonder if she was from the area or if dumped there because the killer crossed state lines...

There is nothing to do anywhere near Raymond. I live not very far from there. The area she was found in is a Crossroads nearby I-94 and is visited frequently by Flea Market entrepreneurs at the VERY nearby 7 Mile Fair. She was found by a man and woman who were out for a morning walk.

The complicated thing about this is the fact that it's so close to the interstate it means she could literally be from ANYWHERE in the US just from how close she was found near the interstate and the area is known for a lot of drifters selling items at 7 Mile Fair. The Smithsonian test shows that she's likely from the northern areas, but hell she could even be from Europe.

I've visited the site where she was found many times over the years in an attempt to find anything of interest and so far I've come up empty for obvious reasons.

Edit: anything of interest was either collected or swept up by animals likely. Very rural area with lots of foxes, deer, etc.

Thanks garus...
These northern areas she is from, I wonder if in 1999 there was a serial killer or other woman missing?

What are the chances of this young lady never having a birth certificate or social security number? Bumping for this poor girl ��

This poor girl was prob never reported missing. Runaway..lived on the streets. The perpetrator was beyond cruel..I think serial killer...or someone filled with hatred and disgust. They wanted her to suffer. Testing ever done on clothes for fiber? Hair strands?

What areas surround where the body was found? I can't imagine someone driving far with a body in the vehicle. Do we know if they kept the clothes she was wearing. I'm sure since 1999, they could be tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288