Post Verdict - Ross Harris Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read through a lot of the threads and there seems to be a consistent confusion about Ross Harris's motives. Many people seem to think he was wanting to divorce his wife and didn't want to pay child support.

The "man child" demeanor of RH strikes me as very similar to men I've seen over the years who don't want to be married, but want to stay with their wives for economic reasons. I was married to someone like this and even though we knew it wasn't going to work out he refused to move out and separate and since I had 3 kids I couldn't really do it myself.

It was very confusing to live with him because it was obvious he did care about me and love me, but he didn't want to be married and put zero effort into Marriage. When I finally was able to get him to leave he bounced back and was able to create a successful life for himself. But he wasted the best years of my life for two reasons:

He was afraid to leave because he didn't want to look like a failure in the marriage.

He was cheap and didn't want to spend his own money.

I think this is RH's personality. I think he didn't want to be a father in the real sense of the word and if CH was out of the picture he'd have LH to lean on for paying half the bills and he'd still be able to have his affairs on the side. In fact the death of his son would make him a huge victim and be a giant excuse for any mistakes thereafter.

He just expected people to feel sorry for him and believe him because he'd been interacting with teens for so long he felt like a master manipulator not realizing that police officers aren't gullible teenaged girls. You can see when he was trying to impress the cops with his "PO" insider knowledge, this is something a teenager might be impressed with but an adult would see as really weird.

I think he was sick of the work that comes along with being a father and realized that he was stuck financially for the next 18 years so this was his easy out.

This exactly. I am happy he will rot in prison until he dies. He's a classic Narcissist who doesn't deserve any more attention. This case made me so ill. Having just come back here, I'm trying to find threads from all of the cases I was following before I left. Sorry if I have repeated anything others may have voiced already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Well, I never thought I'd see another case of a parent accused of intentionally leaving their child in a hot car but here it is, and from Atlanta too:

Lillian Stone told Det. Jamie Gore she left Melvin inside the car around 12:20 p.m., but video from a camera mounted in Stone’s home shows the child had been inside the vehicle since a little after 8 a.m.

“She wasn’t counting on, or she didn’t know, there was surveillance video,” said prosecutor Michael Sprinkel. “With the inconsistencies in her statement, it does not appear this was simply an accident.”
Stone said she and Melvin returned home and went to bed. Then, around noon, she said she took her son to the store but returned home after he fell asleep. But Gore testified security cameras never showed Stone leaving the home a second time.

Melvin, meanwhile, never left his car seat, the detective said. At 8:10 a.m., when Stone is seen getting out of her Chevy Malibu in the driveway of her home, Melvin doesn’t accompany her. Stone hesitates, “looks back in the car, then she goes in the house,” where she stays until 3:20 p.m., Gore said.
Video from inside the house showed Lillian Stone moving from room to room throughout the day, though Melvin is never seen, Gore said. Police also found an empty bottle of cough syrup on Stone’s bed, along with empty bottle of Oxycontin prescribed to Melvin’s father. The potential significance of those findings was not discussed in court on Wednesday.

Gore testified that Lillian Stone and Melvin’s father, Sidarius Smith, had been arguing the night before, but did not elaborate on whether that fight had anything to do with their child’s death.

http://www.myajc.com/news/crime--la...aving-son-hot-car-die/T1yd5K532Wopv8FOpylAaI/

Home surveillance video shows Melvin moving around in the car, apparently trying to get out of his car seat. OMG, how that poor baby must have suffered.

This is quite telling. You are loved lil Cooper, too bad it's complete strangers and you are now a sweet Angel in Heaven. :angel:

I bet ole ross is having the time of his life, living it up with all his new friends in a skanky, nasty and damp prison in Georgia, where it is hot and humid as hades most of the time.

How is the new air conditioner working out for ya, rossie boy? I bet they are playing Pin The Tail On the Donkey, right about now.

Was it worth it, ross?

Happy Birthday, Cooper. :candle:
Thanks for the reminder, JerseyGirl.

I hope it is hot and sweaty -- that's how it was for his sweet son for what -- 2 or 3 hours until he simply could not take another breath? But I'll bet it doesn't get up to 130 - 140 degrees F in that prison, but it did for that little boy Cooper.

I hope it is hot and sweaty -- that's how it was for his sweet son for what -- 2 or 3 hours until he simply could not take another breath? But I'll bet it doesn't get up to 130 - 140 degrees F in that prison, but it did for that little boy Cooper.

Unimaginable isn't it, borndem.
Your post gives me an even better idea.
Since little Cooper was baking in oven disguised as a car, Ross should also be given his own oven to spend his days in, without his consent. Just like Cooper.
Good ole Karma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son's friend is interested in joining law enforcement. As part of the Explorer's program they were given a tour of the Cobb County Jail where Ross Harris was being help prior to trial. During the tour they passed his cell and he was in there pacing, very agitated, surrounded by books, and just generally looking unhappy. Now these were the days before he found out he would be in prison for the rest of his life. I can only imagine how poor little baby faced Ross Harris is adjusting to prison. He has to be in protective custody because of his crime. But I'm sure with everyone there knowing he's a sex freak....he's become someone's ***** by now. Protective custody don't mean s%$t.....someone got to Dahmer and killed him.

And here he is:

Offender Name: HARRIS, JUSTIN ROSS
Major Offense(s): MURDER
Current Institution: VALDOSTA STATE PRISON

GDC ID: 1001920988
1001920988.jpg

Unimaginable isn't it, borndem.
Your post gives me an even better idea.
Since little Cooper was baking in oven disguised as a car, Ross should also be given his own oven to spend his days in, without his consent. Just like Cooper.
Good ole Karma

Yep, it's a b*tch!

One of these days, he'll get his.

:behindbar ------> :noooo: ----->:devil:

And here he is:

Offender Name: HARRIS, JUSTIN ROSS
Major Offense(s): MURDER
Current Institution: VALDOSTA STATE PRISON

GDC ID: 1001920988
1001920988.jpg

What's wrong Rossi, not lookin too good. Your not scared of big boy prison are ya?

20/20 on ID tonight, it is on right now , Leanna is giving her first interview in two and a half years. The entire show.

Wow! Thanks, much, dixiegirl!!

I've set my TV-whatever to record it! It should be interesting, after these several months, to see what she has to say about him, etc., etc.

Again, thanks!:tyou:

After all this time I still don't understand where Leanna is coming from. Ross is guilty and she still thinks he didn't mean to leave little Cooper in the car. jmo

Silly me -- I actually thought she would wise up a bit after this much time -- he really had/has her bamboozled, or she is keeping up the facade so that there will be no suspicion that she had anything to do with it or was in on it from the start. IMO, she would be a tuff one to like as a friend. JMO.

Havent watched it yet but I'm not surprised she hasn't changed her tune. Denial is a powerful emotion. And to admit he did this deliberately would force her to admit she married a monster. I don't think she has that level of self awareness. JMO

I'll be watching when it reruns at 11 p.m. EDT (I watch a live east coast feed though I live on the west coast). Not sure how much of it I will be able to stomach.

Havent watched it yet but I'm not surprised she hasn't changed her tune. Denial is a powerful emotion. And to admit he did this deliberately would force her to admit she married a monster. I don't think she has that level of self awareness. JMO

I'll be watching when it reruns at 11 p.m. EDT (I watch a live east coast feed though I live on the west coast). Not sure how much of it I will be able to stomach.

bbm - Same here -- except I'm on the east coast -- I do plan to catch the 11pm b'cast with a jaundiced eye. I really can't see how she could still be so blind as to his narcissism and total disregard for his (their) beautiful little son. Is she really telling the truth in this interview? If so, well....... box o' rocks & all that.

Why didn't he just take whatever money they had in the bank (if any!) and just leave town & go as far away as possible? Dye his hair, grow a beard or the like and just get lost? Of course he's also got the ....box o' rocks problem, too. But he does get free room & board now.

• :jail:

jmho

I'm watching now and it hasn't even been on 5 minutes and I've been screaming at the tv the whole time...

This is actually a show that originally aired in 2017. I didn't watch it then, but I remember a lot of you gave a blow by blow and my stomach curdled.

Watching her and listening to her, my impression of her has not changed. Her affect is so flat.

She complains that the media had no business at Cooper's funeral, but IIRC the family invited the media.

OMG on the stand they asked her what she thinks about Ross now, and her answer is all about her: She says: "I'm humiliated, I don't know if I can ever trust anyone again" She never once says anything about Cooper. One would think she would say something like "I hate Ross for his stupidity; I hate him for thinking with his little brain rather than his big(ger) brain."

Says all I need to know about her.

Coopers mum speaks out for the first time...Blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah...

:banghead:

OMG on the stand they asked her what she thinks about Ross now, and her answer is all about her: She says: "I'm humiliated, I don't know if I can ever trust anyone again" She never once says anything about Cooper. One would think she would say something like "I hate Ross for his stupidity; I hate him for thinking with his little brain rather than his big(ger) brain."

Says all I need to know about her.

Even in the jail visit after Cooper death, Leanna is more concerned about Ross than she is about Cooper. Leanna has never been concerned about Cooper It has always been about her or Ross. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk