Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Honey was, remember the son talking about all the big family dinners she would cook.

Even a non observant Jew whose wife keeps kosher, will eat the Friday seder as well the high holiday meals.

Lets be honest, its food and if thats what she's cooked, you eat it. Food is food and by all accounts she was a great cook.

They still need to have the house cleaned, Thursday is it for the Jewish homes near me. Not sure how observant they all are but the cleaners are there all day Thursday and often on Monday.
I just think it's more likely that the housekeeper was there Friday as that's what we read and vigorously discussed re: how and why did she not find them (staff rarely went down there, was the consensus).

Jom the only way neighbors could provide an alibi is if something unusual happened to them on that day/time. People tend to recall things concerning themselves, which could lead to memories of other goings-on.

Summary/Opinion piece on big change to Canadian generic drug industry on CBC:
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/health/second-opinion-february-3-2018-1.4517468

Excerpts:
"Some generic prescription drugs just got a lot cheaper for everyone*— and the actual prices are no longer a secret."

"'Just the threat of tendering made all generics manufacturers get together and say 'OK we agree to reduce prices by 38 per cent across the board,' said Gagnon."
---
From what I could google, QC started this wave of cheaper prices this summer; not, say, in December, so it's probably not a factor in these murders at first glance. However, I'm just throwing it in here to show profits will probably take a hit at the generic companies.

Maybe some others here can tell us if that might make competition even more cut throat? Or lead to a desire for mergers?

Lou died from a suspected aneurysm. Sorry, I had mentioned heart attack in one post, so I might have confused things. :blushing:

BS was miles away at the time, I think in a US university.
Was LW known to take some kind of medicine or vitamins, minerals?
What can cause a sudden aneurysm in a young 40 year old man? Too much anti-blood thinners? how are those called? Coagulants?

Also found this in same article:

Post 383 on P.26 explains aneurysms vs bleeds from blood thinners. Two very different things.

Ok Pink Panther if you are out there i/some of us are curious regarding your reference to them being “hog tied” when this was evidently not public information. Can you help clarify please?
Pink Panther has been around this forum for a long time... I've seen him on many threads!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Has a reward for information been offered in this case?

Come on, BS took it all back.

I would have too, ungrateful twerps. I set you up in business, give you a 20k a month allowance, pay for houses, cottages, speedboats and you betray me? You bet I am going to take it back. You didn’t grow up in a corporate family did you?

JMO

I would have too, ungrateful twerps. I set you up in business, give you a 20k a month allowance, pay for houses, cottages, speedboats and you betray me? You bet I am going to take it back. You didn’t grow up in a corporate family did you?

JMO

I’d be hugely grateful to any cousin who gave me $20k a month, let alone all the other things.

BBM

Ahhh, but Barry believed that our actions are driven by inborne instincts (eating, procreating, caring for others, etc) that make us happy. So in doing what he pleased, he was doing what was instinctual. That meant he didn’t have free will. Make sense? No, I didn’t think so. :)

Yes it makes sense from Barry's perspective. However, If you are driven by your inborne instincts do you learn self-control and self-discipline?

But BS also actively decided to not bring that clause forward to Apotex, which some folks simply find unkind to do to 4 children. His financial support later in life is also quite strange, imo. We can sympathize with what was done to 4 children at that time, and also be appalled with KW's behaviour at this point in time. The two can exist.

KW is also on my list of suspects until he can be actually cleared.

Apotex was a completely different company. He could not transfer the clause if he wanted to. Business law 101. And “what was done to the kids” is based on hearsay, a known liar and rumors mostly stemming from one guy who has stated a desire for revenge.

JMO
It's pretty simple. There are literally no "friends" or "family" in business.
It's all about the $. And it is literally a business transaction in a corporate world

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

That's exactly my point. I feel like the adults around the children at that time may have let them down. I understand that the "agreement was moot", but BS could have carried it forward to Apotex if he so chose. When BS's father sadly passed away, his uncle (Winter) took him under his wing. I think that more of how we expect family to treat each other. JMO.

No he couldn’t have. Corporations are separate entities and he had separate investors. It would be negligence, fiscal malfeasance or even embezzlement (conversion of others property into your or someone else’s benefit ) if he had attempted to.

This is incorrect. Shabbat starts at sunset Friday night through to sunset on Saturday, so there would be no problem having a maid at the home all day Friday.

I assumed all Jews worshipped God until I met Barry Sherman. Because Barry didn't believe in God, did this couple participate in the practices and the traditions of the Jewish people who do worship Jehovah or did they separate themselves from it? Did they attend a synogogue? Wouldn't Christmas be meaningless for them?

I think its the legal requirement to act in the best interest of another person in a trust or financial position. IMO

As such it would include Power of Attorney but also executors, trustees etc. IMO

Im not a lawyer, please don't hold me to it. IMO

You're right.

Apotex was a completely different company. He could not transfer the clause if he wanted to. Business law 101. And “what was done to the kids” is based on hearsay, a known liar and rumors mostly stemming from one guy who has stated a desire for revenge.
BS could have done anything he wanted to, and evidently did! Life 101.

Because someone apparently murdered Barry Sherman, does KW believe the justice he wanted has been served?

Sounds like he does IMO. But why voice it so publicly? Strange and :sick:

I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet. The Doctor of the couple who adopted the Winter boys just died in January.

The Winter boys were not mentioned in his list of survivors. Had the Winter sons cut all communication off from their adoptive parents?

I would be interestaed in knowing what the life was like with the two mixed families. They were all young children so arguments over who would be the richest when they grew up should not been in a conversation at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong