MS MS - Shondra May, 17, Forest, 4 Feb 1986

Happy Birthday Shondra. The search for truth and justice goes on. Numquam cede. Magna est veritas, et prevalebit.

2ampIGk.jpg

For Remembrance
For Justice
For Shondra

Bump for Shondra! Happy belated birthday! My understanding is that the MBI is still working hard on this case. They have 3 suspects, possibly 4. Hope justice for Shondra will come soon.

What would it take to get the show Cold Justice to investigate Shondra's murder? They may not get to solve it, but they would be able to get information others haven't. I have always heard that a law enforcement member first name Willie could have been involved. Outside investigators may have a better chance than those who are so close. Just a thought.

Came across this thread and just read it through. Sorry, I have nothing helpful to add, but I just wanted to say that I hope this horrible crime is resolved soon and my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Peace may come, but there is a price people. And we all pay it. Some live with it better than others. Silence makes you guilty. Theres a price for that too. Shondra, you will never be forgotten. Blessings dear one.

Another year gone by...

JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) — A teen was brutally murdered about 30 years ago and since then the case has gone cold.

Now, a new strategy may help find the person or people responsible.

Shondra May’s gravestone is missing a death date as her family continues to search for answers about her last days on earth.

[...]

“In time you learn to deal with things but yeah you still miss her. you never get over that, if you’ve ever lost one you don’t ever forget,” Tim May, Shondra’s brother.

http://wjtv.com/2016/01/25/family-still-searching-for-answers-in-shondra-may-cold-case/

Just watched an ID show about the AR Blue Light Rapist, Robert Todd Burmingham who was sentenced to 80 years for the 1997 kidnapping and rape of a teenaged girl along with two other similar rapes. One victim believes that she was followed by Burmingham to within 2 miles of her family home after hanging out in a Walmart parking lot with friends on the night of the attack. Burmingham used a blue light on his dash to pull her over, then approached her car with a gun in hand and wearing a ski mask. The girl hadn't noticed since she was in the process of pulling out her driver's license from her purse.
The details from this AR crime reminded me of Shondra's case and makes me wonder where Robert Todd Burmingham was working/living/traveling back in Feb 1986. RTB made the comment that his only vice is that he is a deer hunter. This brought back the fact that Shondra's body was found on property used as a hunting lease.

I haven't been on WS in forever but I always check this thread, being that she was my age and I lived a couple of counties away from her. This case has always haunted me. This theory is an interesting one and very worth looking into, IMO. I do think many local people have their own ideas and they think its a local, but I still think this RTB's residence at the time of SM's disappearance should be checked out.

Thank you for sharing your theory.

Just posting to keep this thread active. It is so hard to believe that nothing has been accomplished towards finding the person(s) who took Shondra's life.

I knew there would be nothing new here, as I am pretty much a local to this case. But I always have
hope that it will be solved. Hoping that one day Shondra's family will have the peace they so deserve.

Posting to keep the thread active. Someone knows who the killer is..........my question is how do they sleep at night? And what happened to re-opening the case with a "new and improved Sheriff" in town? It's time for justice for Shondra!

For those of us who try to keep this thread active, I have a thought brought on by a recent podcast. First of all, I would love to see someone do a podcast of Shondra's case. Can anyone reading here guide that into becoming reality?

I have been listening to the Knock Knock podcast about the unsolved murders of Betty Jones and Katherine Criglar in Starkville, MS back in the early 90's. They have a DNA sample and a profile has been developed of the killer. It has never had a match in the CODIS database. The Starkville police chief is heading up an effort to convince our lawmakers to vote in allowing a familial DNA search for familial matches as some other states have allowed. That way, even if the killer has never been convicted of other crimes and is not in the database, another family member might have and it will be a trail to follow. Other cases have been solved thanks to this new familial search of CODIS.

I just was thinking about this case in relation to that and how familial DNA could solve it if there is sufficient DNA left behind by Shondra's killer.

I really hope this case is solved someday soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back