TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB picked up MBs truck at MPD on April 22, 2016

A search warrant obtained by News 8 Thursday shows Bevers suffered a wound to the head from an unknown instrument.

A day before, News 8 was there when an ATF dog was taken inside the church to check for gunshot residue. The Texas Rangers are also involved in the case.

Bevers’ husband, Brandon, arrived at police headquarters with a friend around 2 p.m. Thursday. His brother, Chad Tucker, told News 8 that he came there to make arrangements to pick up his wife’s truck.

[A former prosecutor] Shook also says that the person was most definitely not behaving like a burglar. A typical burglar is going to get in and get out, not spend time wandering around the building.

“You don’t dress as a police officer and break into a church,” Shook said.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/atto...idlothian-murder-eric-williams-case/147852637
RBBM and colored. Titan the dog was at the church on Wed April 20. Truck was picked up on Thur 21st, Friday was April 22.
Police Remove Personal Items From Murdered Fitness Instructor’s Truck
By Andrea Lucia April 21, 2016 at 10:32 pm
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/04/21/...tems-from-murdered-fitness-instructors-truck/

"MIDLOTHIAN (CBSDFW.COM) – Missy Bevers’ truck is parked back in her family’s driveway for the first time since her murder."

Not sure who that person not in uniform. There is another man same type haircut but in a blue polo and jeans seen in another media shot over by 2 LEO looking at the metal door. We know Asst Chief Keven Johnson was there. I just assume one of those are him.
On food, its outside the crime scene tape, maybe someone brought it for the person who was keeping the crime scene log? They may have been there since first responders. I get what your saying.

On whatever is on MB truck hood, JMHO I would say it was the CST that was processing the truck stuff. SW for truck stated MB iPad was located inside the truck as was her purse.

On the part your asking
"One other matter, why do some sleuths feel Missy was surrounded by glass? I didn't get that impression from the presser. Didn't LE state that they found broken glass but never stated broken glass was necessarily around MBs body?"

Around the body comes from Original https://www.facebook.com/Midlothian...95047007358/10154073544117359/?type=3&theater and 4:30pm Updated Official Police release by MPD https://www.facebook.com/Midlothian...95047007358/10154073570637359/?type=3&theater

attachment.php

Yet Cody Moon, Lead Inv, states in the iPhone iPad SW Affidavit for Probable Cause.
"As first responders arrived on scene they observed several exterior and internal doors with extensive damage to them as well as broken glass throughout the inside of the church."

The word "Shard" has previously been banned from this feed

I loosely tie the gun question with the targeted questions. Here’s why. Petty thieves and burglars generally don’t carry guns. Unless they’re hardcore, and this is their lifestyle. We just haven’t heard of any rash of window-smashing, crowbar-lashing, hammer-gashing B/E’s going on in the area (and these people talk).

So if this was a theft, it was your petty thief/burglar. Who are usually looking for immediate money/valuables for drugs, food,etc. He isn’t walking around with a $200+ gun. Cuz if he had one and needed a fix/meal, he’d pawn or sell it off for the money to get his drugs/food or whatever he thinks he needs. Saving and long-term planning just isn’t their strength.

That’s one of the hidden reasons you rarely see shootings or gun-murders by homeless or near-homeless people (I’ve worked among them thru the years), and we never saw a gun. Knives, plenty. Guns, never.

So IF there was a gun, I’ll up my bet that this was targeted. And not a petty theft gone bad.

:thinking:
1. Suspect dresses head to toe (fingers too).
2. Causes damages to various doors and the Kitchen window, which is way up high.
3. Walks around the whole building taking time, looks right at cameras (at least twice 1) prior to coming out room8, and at the door tried to breach in front of Holy Grounds)
4. Opens doors (we don't know if s/he went back and closed
5. MB posted night prior

"As first responders arrived on scene they observed several exterior and internal doors with extensive damage to them as well as broken glass throughout the inside of the church."

:websleuther: JMHO, the Suspect was looking around for area that would be out of sight of the camera. Maybe even tried the doors to see if they would open to leave out of. Could have covered up as anything or anyone but JMHO wanted MB to believe was a real LEO. And very well could be. Nothing at all random about any of this. SW part of the building would be where MB would be no matter the weather. If the Suspect was going to murder, they would know her schedule - MB they would have known she would open that door. Knew that could exit out and be gone in a matter of minutes under the cover of darkness. Be long gone before campers came in to find her. Could have even parked on the highway on side of road watching from a far. Raining so no one would think anything of it. I doubt they would have taken that risk but possible. IF the killer left shortly after, they had a good 25 or 30 min to get away, take off garb and return to see what happened no one would know any different. JMHO

Remember long time back when Cannonball did the FOIA?
06-07-2016, 08:32 AM#29 Cannonball3804 https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-26&p=12612388#post12612388
Former Member
Here is a link to the letter MPD sent the Texas AG's office, and the AG's response:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7ju5m1k31...ponse.pdf?dl=0

"Section 108(b)(1) excepts from disclosure the internal records and notations of law enforcement agencies and prosecutors when their release would interfere with law enforcement and crime prevention. In this instance, the responsive information contains a serial number of a firearm which the City seeks to withhold under Section 552.108(b)(1). Release of this serial number could interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be use on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report. "

While I still don't think MB was shot, but staying open minded on that part. I orig thought maybe it was a LEO who had his/her service revolver out, clearing the building. But that would be in a report and automatically redacted, right?

On Titan, I orig (still not discounting it fully) thought/think Titan could be brought to make sure no explosive prior to the prayer meeting that night.

But for those who think the dog was brought to look for shells or think she was shot.- Serious question, if it isn't a LEO gun serial number then whose is it? They have a serial number.

My post where I was going over the document https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-29&p=12649279#post12649279

The word "Shard" has previously been banned from this feed

I did not say that word. I got a vacation for trying to explain that word was not ever used :blushing: And again didn't say it in my post or the quote from the SW :laughing:

"Section 108(b)(1) excepts from disclosure the internal records and notations of law enforcement agencies and prosecutors when their release would interfere with law enforcement and crime prevention. In this instance, the responsive information contains a serial number of a firearm which the City seeks to withhold under Section 552.108(b)(1). Release of this serial number could interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be use on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report. "

While I still don't think MB was shot, but staying open minded on that part. I orig thought maybe it was a LEO who had his/her service revolver out, clearing the building. But that would be in a report and automatically redacted, right?

On Titan, I orig (still not discounting it fully) thought/think Titan could be brought to make sure no explosive prior to the prayer meeting that night.

But for those who think the dog was brought to look for shells or think she was shot.- Serious question, if it isn't a LEO gun serial number then whose is it? They have a serial number.

My post where I was going over the document https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-29&p=12649279#post12649279

Deleted in order to not cause confusion.

Say there was a bullet or casing recovered, though no gun recovered. Say they matched it to a gun whose crime-tainted serial number they already had on file...say a gun that had been in the evidence room and then given to an ECSO officer to be destroyed in Dec 2015 but was instead sold to someone, say SP or someone he had access to. If LE makes the serial number public of that stolen and illegally sold murder weapon (which is surely now out of commission if used on MB), I would think it could hinder the confidentiality of their stolen guns search as well as open up the possibility of that out-of-commission number being illegally applied to yet another gun.

Had there been a bomb threat for Wednesday night? Personally, I find that theory far less grounded. If someone had it in for the church they accomplished their horror that Monday morning. This was not a personal attack on CC; this was a targeted attack on MB. JMO.

I maintain my theory that her case is tied in with illegal drugs & guns, minimally, and that she was quieted for what made her 'quiet' those last few weeks...something she knew. After a year, not going to go into all the details again, but my posts are in here from the start. (Well, at least the undeleted ones. :) )

(ETA: have no idea why/how that exclamation mark in red circle appeared at top of post)

Going back to where the murder may have happened. With the angle of the church in relation to highway 287 it would be confusing to some with directions in side the church. In my opinion SW could be to the far left in this SS of a map. Directly up is North. To the far left, the corner, may have been where they were calling SW. We have not seen any video of this corner, except from a distance when there was movement closer to the cameras. I believe that when Missy walked in she was probably going to the kitchen to get ice or water. I also believe that in the video released by the MPD that it isn’t in order that it happened. In the next to last camera shot where the SP turns to his right, our left he is going into the sanctuary. If he was in there when Missy came in and she walked to the far left corner after walking past the holy grounds. as on this map, they may have met when he exited on the SW side of the sanctuary. This wouldn’t be caught on camera if they weren’t working in that corner. JMHO
f7576051b158727f9abe5ae950275cae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember when we discussed this. Someone suggested that the "firearm" could have belonged to Missy. If they have a serial number, they are not talking about a bullet casing, they are talking about an actual firearm. But wouldn't all of responding LE have their firearms on them....especially if responding to a bloody assault/murder? Also, lots of gun carriers in TX. Could said firearm belong to one of the campers? I understand the reason for not wanting to report a serial number, but the interesting part of this is that there is talk of only ONE particular firearm.....It probably was Missy's, but lots of questions about this. Didn't Cannonball request the release of 911 calls in this request, to no avail? I remember this is why we thought that possibly a firearm or suspected gunshot, or the smell of gunshot may have been mentioned in one of the 911 calls...and could be one of the reasons that they were not released to the public. JMO

I was following up to someone else’s post and may have using their terminology to make a greater point.

Anywhoo.....since you seem open to discussion, what would you call this crime?
Murder? Vandalism? Robbery? Burglary?

Obviously, I’m leaning towards Murder and Vandalism but would like to hear your take on things.

I was just clarifying a mistaken understanding of the word Burglary. This forum is big on details so if someone incorrectly uses a definition it should be pointed out. As my opinion on the crime it was a Murder and Burglary with Vandalism. I do not know enough about the case to know or remember if anything was actually stolen from her or the church.

Going back to where the murder may have happened. With the angle of the church in relation to highway 287 it would be confusing to some with directions in side the church. In my opinion SW could be to the far left in this SS of a map. Directly up is North. To the far left, the corner, may have been where they were calling SW. We have not seen any video of this corner, except from a distance when there was movement closer to the cameras. I believe that when Missy walked in she was probably going to the kitchen to get ice or water. I also believe that in the video released by the MPD that it isn’t in order that it happened. In the next to last camera shot where the SP turns to his right, our left he is going into the sanctuary. If he was in there when Missy came in and she walked to the far left corner after walking past the holy grounds. as on this map, they may have met when he exited on the SW side of the sanctuary. This wouldn’t be caught on camera if they weren’t working in that corner. JMHO
cache.php

The southwest corner where Missy's truck was parked and where her equipment was and where she entered had two known working cameras. The first camera there is looking to the East in the South hallway. The second camera is looking to the North in the West Hallway.

I too believe that the long video released is not in time order. It almost is, in my opinion, but not quite. I believe that SP was working rooms and doors counter-clockwise around the building starting with the rooms toward the outside of the building (that is, not to the sanctuary). And that the video sequence is actually edited together in camera order counter-clockwise around the building. This happens to coincide with SP's counter-clockwise movement around the building. I believe that what is out of time order is when we see SP heading West in the South Hall where he heads to the Sanctuary doors in the South hall. I believe that happened after the ending sequence we see of SP wielding the hammer on the glass of a door in slow motion. It is my strong belief that SP was following a plan and thus the methodical counter-clockwise processing (staging) around the church.

The southwest corner where Missy's truck was parked and where her equipment was and where she entered had two known working cameras. The first camera there is looking to the East in the South hallway. The second camera is looking to the North in the West Hallway.

I too believe that the long video released is not in time order. It almost is, in my opinion, but not quite. I believe that SP was working rooms and doors counter-clockwise around the building starting with the rooms toward the outside of the building (that is, not to the sanctuary). And that the video sequence is actually edited together in camera order counter-clockwise around the building. This happens to coincide with SP's counter-clockwise movement around the building. I believe that what is out of time order is when we see SP heading West in the South Hall where he heads to the Sanctuary doors in the South hall. I believe that happened after the ending sequence we see of SP wielding the hammer on the glass of a door in slow motion. It is my strong belief that SP was following a plan and thus the methodical counter-clockwise processing (staging) around the church.

That's what I believe also. I believe the murder happened just out of camera range at the end (West) corner of the main hallway. As I said before I believe she was on her way to the kitchen to get ice and water for the campers.

I remember when we discussed this. Someone suggested that the "firearm" could have belonged to Missy. If they have a serial number, they are not talking about a bullet casing, they are talking about an actual firearm. But wouldn't all of responding LE have their firearms on them....especially if responding to a bloody assault/murder? Also, lots of gun carriers in TX. Could said firearm belong to one of the campers? I understand the reason for not wanting to report a serial number, but the interesting part of this is that there is talk of only ONE particular firearm..... It probably was Missy's, but lots of questions about this. Didn't Cannonball request the release of 911 calls in this request, to no avail? I remember this is why we thought that possibly a firearm or suspected gunshot, or the smell of gunshot may have been mentioned in one of the 911 calls...and could be one of the reasons that they were not released to the public. JMO

RBBM

JMO, but I strongly agree they are talking about a firearm, not just casings. I also believe they are not simply talking about a specific firearm, but THE specific firearm (ie. weapon of interest, or murder weapon). While they may or may not have that murder weapon/gun in their possession (and LE still refuse to confirm the actual murder weapon that killed her), they certainly have the associated *serial number* of a gun they have reason to believe is pertinent to this crime. (As opposed to a gun MB or campers may have theoretically had in the trunk of their car, for example.)

LE wouldn't have cause to describe or report a serial number of a gun not believed to be involved in the crime. (The guns that LE are simply wearing during a crime-scene investigation are not routinely mentioned in search warrants or reports--unless used, of course.) Nor would they be mentioning a sensitive need to keep a certain gun's serial number under wraps for the purpose expressed in that desire to refuse the FOIA request (see bolded upthread in arkansasmimi's post) unless it was vitally important to their investigative work.

(All IMO of course.)

Here is another take on the firearm....I'm a woman, a conceal carry holder and I carry mine 24/7 (where legally possible of course).

Let's say I pulled up to camp to work out and a few of my classmates were there also. They tell me they saw MB but, they haven't seen her in awhile and they feel something may not be right. (and, we're guessing IF they saw anything, they easily could have spotted something that didn't seem right and were on edge and that's why they didn't go in alone). We all decide to go check on MB. I'm the ONLY gun carrier there, I grab my gun to be safe. We go in, find MB, call 911, begin CPR, etc. Cops show, I HAVE to tell them I am a CC and I have my firearm with me. I'm going to assume they HAVE to put it in the report and possibly take it with them until their investigation is complete. Could that be the reason the firearm is listed???? No one else there was a CC holder, or, didn't have their guns with them, only I did.

Personally, if someone had seen something and felt something was wrong, I would not have gone in, I would have called 911 from the get-go. If we were just going in for class, I would have left my firearm inside the car since it was only our little workout group there and I wouldn't be worried about someone breaking into my car since we were working out outside. It's possible someone could carry their firearm in their gym bag and they would have taken it inside the church with them.

I'm still leaning this is NOT what happened, that the firearm was in there for a reason, it was MB's, or, somehow connected to her murder. I just wanted to throw out another "possibility".

Creekside Church Of Christ is a privately held company in Midlothian, TX and is a Single Location business.

Categorized under Church of Christ. Our records show it was established in 2007 and incorporated in Texas. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $120,000 and employs a staff of approximately 3.
https://www.manta.com/c/mm47wpv/creekside-church-of-christ

Good research.

The revenue number is what I roughly suspected from a small, rural church. I think this detracts from the possible burglary motive.

One poster has stated: "The amount of money that the thief thinks is there is more important than what is actually there". Though this point is very valid, there is nothing about this location that would give a burglar the strong impression that they were going to hit a "mother lode" of loot.

Rather, the church is relatively small. The attack did not occur immediately after say, a publicized fund raising campaign / festival, Easter Monday or just before Christmas when a burglar could conclude that there would be an increase in donations. Likewise, any burglar who had attended a church in the past would know in general terms that many people use bank drafts or checks when making donations- and others use spare change. Thus, even less chance of a mother lode of cash.

I am glad that your church is happy and has clear ownership. The feud of one church in my city went from round one centered on who owned the the building to round two centered on whether or not antique liturgical items were considered part of the building.

Could the killer have been checking all the doors and breaking any glass in case Missy was to escape into one of the rooms and lock the door behind her? I cannot see why anyone would think this was a burglary or anything but what it appears. It was an intentional brutal murder and as far as a bullet to the head. The autopsy would show gunshot residue so if she was shot the cops know, maybe they are holding this back like they do so many times.

I just wish one of the campers had arrived a little bit earlier so they could at least have seen this killer drive off. IMO he had to have help, someone dropped him/her off and returned when he was finished. I'm still so angry this case has not been solved. Praying everyday for a miracle.

Could the killer have been checking all the doors and breaking any glass in case Missy was to escape into one of the rooms and lock the door behind her? I cannot see why anyone would think this was a burglary or anything but what it appears. It was an intentional brutal murder and as far as a bullet to the head. The autopsy would show gunshot residue so if she was shot the cops know, maybe they are holding this back like they do so many times.

I just wish one of the campers had arrived a little bit earlier so they could at least have seen this killer drive off. IMO he had to have help, someone dropped him/her off and returned when he was finished. I'm still so angry this case has not been solved. Praying everyday for a miracle.

Well we are even. I cannot see why anyone would think this was anything other then what it appears to be, a burglary gone wrong. I believe that one of the campers did see the car drive off. At least that is what many have posted here, pretty much since the beginning. I don't remember the exact source of that information though.

cache.php

I know just what you mean. It is always confusing because it seems to me that the side facing 287 is south. I am often turned around in the conversation because when you're there or driving by it feels like the entrance under the porte cochere is SE definitely. Did LE refer to that entrance as SW, is that how it came to be referred to as that?

Say there was a bullet or casing recovered, though no gun recovered. Say they matched it to a gun whose crime-tainted serial number they already had on file...say a gun that had been in the evidence room and then given to an ECSO officer to be destroyed in Dec 2015 but was instead sold to someone, say SP or someone he had access to. If LE makes the serial number public of that stolen and illegally sold murder weapon (which is surely now out of commission if used on MB), I would think it could hinder the confidentiality of their stolen guns search as well as open up the possibility of that out-of-commission number being illegally applied to yet another gun.

Had there been a bomb threat for Wednesday night? Personally, I find that theory far less grounded. If someone had it in for the church they accomplished their horror that Monday morning. This was not a personal attack on CC; this was a targeted attack on MB. JMO.

I maintain my theory that her case is tied in with illegal drugs & guns, minimally, and that she was quieted for what made her 'quiet' those last few weeks...something she knew. After a year, not going to go into all the details again, but my posts are in here from the start. (Well, at least the undeleted ones. :) )

(ETA: have no idea why/how that exclamation mark in red circle appeared at top of post)

:) I get all that PIM.
We are looking at stuff outside looking in and it easy to say what they should have done.
At the time it happened, they were looking at it JMHO as a burglary gone wrong.

But the fact that it was someone dressed in what appeared to be SWAT gear - and all the things that were going on across the country at the time. It was just a few short months when the guy started shooting up people from parking garage in Dallas.(July 2016) The simple fact of the look, would be enough for me that they made sure the church was secure before the first big group of people entered 2 days later. And it could have been two fold on that aspect. Look how many horrible attacks have happened in recent times like that. At the time they didn't know if it was a personal attack on CC or MB. Evidently they still don't as they have said so, iirc Johnson said among those in meetings were split.

And I am leaning on the illegal drugs or something like that. Maybe MB seen something shouldn't have or working with LEO. Would make BB behavior make sense to a point. Those crazy written SWs bug me. Again in reading them you have to go with time and dates written. Then who wrote and what they say. Only 2 iirc mention injuries. They don't exactly reflect the timelines that were given in the official timeline. Just lots of :thinking: Just rambling. And I do read your posts and have some that no longer here :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann