GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #10

When I first saw that the fundraising Website has been shut down by ME yesterday, I assumed it was because she had come to realize what a PR disaster it had become. But apparently, ME is forging on...reminding anyone who looks...how small and parochial any “support” for these brutal murderers truly is.

One hundred thirty six supporters since August! Think of the reach of these people! Their neighbors and friends of a lifetime, people who know their adult children, people at the college where SM works, colleagues of TM’s at the FBI, Molly’s classmates, friends, neighbors, even the millions who watched that charade of lies on ABC!

And all the support they can show is 136 donors!

I wonder did ME re-open the donations after seeing how many views the Crime Watch programme were getting,hoping people would see and donate to the cause..thankfully this time reading through the comments people are seeing it for what it was which was Murder...moo

When I first saw that the fundraising Website has been shut down by ME yesterday, I assumed it was because she had come to realize what a PR disaster it had become. But apparently, ME is forging on...reminding anyone who looks...how small and parochial any “support” for these brutal murderers truly is.

One hundred thirty six supporters since August! Think of the reach of these people! Their neighbors and friends of a lifetime, people who know their adult children, people at the college where SM works, colleagues of TM’s at the FBI, Molly’s classmates, friends, neighbors, even the millions who watched that charade of lies on ABC!

And all the support they can show is 136 donors!

Maybe it was just down temporarily if ME was logged on as admin.I notice that neither she or her Hubbie contributed any money. I wonder why?

There was a statement that it had been closed by request of the admin. I saw it twice in the day. But I suppose anything is possible.

There’s a lot of anonymous money...could be the family trying to act as if they have more support then they do.

In any event 135 supporters after all these months...pathetic.

I wonder did ME re-open the donations after seeing how many views the Crime Watch programme were getting,hoping people would see and donate to the cause..thankfully this time reading through the comments people are seeing it for what it was which was Murder...moo

Just in case anyone would ever consider donating to that cause

Article on Davidson County District Attorney Garry Franks*and the crimescene evidence

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news...aim-by-molly-martens-incredible-36396254.html

That fundraising page shouts loud to the world that they haven't convinced anybody beyond their tight inner circle - and they haven't convinced many people within the Inner Circle either. A stranger who was convinced by their story might donate the minimum $20 but there are very few of those donations. Most are significant amounts - $250 or $500 showing that it's loyalty more than belief.

I keep remembering that TM never visited his daughter in the four years she lived in Ireland. In Maginn’s book, TM seems mainly interested in collecting rent, not in his daughter’s medical problems. To use a common phrase in the States, he was just not that into her.

Did he love MM enough to die in prison for her...or even take the chance?

Why does Uncle Mike keep calling him a hero?

Who do they love and what does that tell us,if anything??

You raise some very interesting questions. I don't have answers, but a few more questions maybe. It appears to me that there's some deep dysfunction in that family. MM has a history of mental health issues - that can happen anyone, anywhere, anytime. It's the way it was handled that leads me to think that the dysfunction goes further, deeper. It's as if TM/SM were relieved when MM found someone and/or somewhere else to be - KM initially. When that doesn't work out and she needs to go to hospital, it must have been a weight back on them again. Then she went to Ireland and wonder of wonders, bags a well-balanced, successful husband plus a ready-made happy and healthy family. Why wouldn't they be relieved! (Although the fact that he was not told of her health issues is tantamount to endangerment IMO. When my 18yo daughter went as an au pair to a family for a summer, I rang them up and gave them chapter and verse on a minor UTI she had had, in case she needed anti-biotics while away)

My own take on how things happened is as follows:
I believe that MM's balance had been slipping. JC has had enough and plans to leave - maybe not immediately, but eventually - and without MM. In her precarious mental state, she sees this as failure, abuse, betrayal. If she's reaching the crescendo of the 'up-swing' in her BPD, she may feel that she has the power and the entitlement to take what she wants. Logic is distorted in that state, he is simply an impediment. She may actually believe that what he plans is an abuse of her. She calls her parents - maybe to complain, to tell them what he's going to do. They recognise the fragile state she's in and take an unplanned trip to see if they can salvage the situation. Maybe they talk, maybe they tip-toe around the issue and everyone goes to bed. But MM is on a high, and wouldn't be sleeping in that state...

So she lashes out - bat or brick, I don't know. Maybe the Trazadone was to get him groggy sleepy. The fury boils over and she attacks. I believe TM only comes in at the end and has no part in the violence other than trying to stop her. He wouldn't have known where the bat was kept necessarily, and as LE, if he wanted to do away with someone, he would have had any number of more believable scenarios he could have planned; a mugging, a robbery gone wrong, the list goes on...
"TM was asked about training he received while a member of the FBI, where he served in criminal investigation and counterintelligence for over 31 years. “It’s basically spy versus spy,” Martens said." - IT, Aug. 9th

So I believe that he simply came on the scene, and again tries to salvage the situation. He's got this. He's LE, they're local yokels, (wrong!!) He can spin the abuse claim. The planning of that part of it and calming MM and SM down explains the delay in calling 911. Plus there's this thing that happens when people "ought to be grateful" - as you'd think the M family should be for JC taking MM on. They get resentful. I've seen it myself. That resentment is probably what fueled his 'hatred' of his son-in-law.

So, after all that, my questions are:
Did he fear MM enough to die in prison for her...or even take the chance?
Why did they not simply tell the truth, that this was a result of an unbalanced mind?
Who (or what) do they fear, and what does that tell us, if anything?

Just taking a quiet moment to be thankful that Molly and Tom are behind bars this Christmas while the children are having yet another peaceful Christmas surrounded by their loving and protective relatives. Wishing for many more of the same.

Of interest the Irish Independent report on this details that TM has a scheduled release date August 3, 2037 - MM's scheduled release date is now July 28, 2041.

The article also details there is just a single legal avenue left to overturn their convictions - the pending case before the North Carolina Court of Appeals though no date appears to have been set on this

Of interest the Irish Independent report on this details that TM has a scheduled release date August 3, 2037 - MM's scheduled release date is now July 28, 2041.

The article also details there is just a single legal avenue left to overturn their convictions - the pending case before the North Carolina Court of Appeals though no date appears to have been set on this

Not sure where the Indo are getting their information from because the system says MM project release date is 2037 and TM projected release date is 2039. It was 2041 at one point, my guess was this was just administration/system quirks. Thinking the indo are just creating a story here.

Not sure where the Indo are getting their information from because the system says MM project release date is 2037 and TM projected release date is 2039. It was 2041 at one point, my guess was this was just administration/system quirks. Thinking the indo are just creating a story here.

Agreed. It was 2041 on December 11th but changed back to 2037 sometime before December 27th.

Maybe not - it is also stated that her release date, will ultimately be determined by a parole board, and was *provisionally* revised after the November 21 incident. Perhaps that's was revised / downgraded ...

Of note the NC DPS website - MM is listed with surname Corbett....

Latest news stories:

I am surprised about the claim that "any proceeds from the sale will be divided between the Martens family in the US and the Corbett family in Limerick, in accordance with the estate of Jason Corbett."

As far as I was aware his last will predates his marriage with MM?

See:
http://a.msn.com/01/en-ie/AAuJweU?ocid=se

https://extra.ie/2018/01/14/news/real-life/molly-martens-jason-corbett-house

Property for sale

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...t_Winston-Salem_NC_27107_M66309-62656#photo29

Also update on MM & TMs appeal

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news...w-trial-after-murder-conviction-36567484.html

https://evoke.ie/2018/02/05/news/irish-news/two-appeals-launched

Know that house has to sell to help the neighbors & Corbett family move forward. Hope there ends up being a will or other challenge to the estate to prevent murderers from profiting.

Just have to say I appreciate whoever - the photographer, realtor, or real estate website tech NOT including a photo of the whole master suite. Seems as tastefully done as possible, without drawing attention for those unaware &/or potential buyers who would need to have a general idea what master suite looks like.

That said, I really wish someone had donated funds to make the master suite unrecognizable. To change the flooring drastically, or at least totally new paint. Perhaps in a color with significance for Jason. Just seems haunting that it’s painted over like it never happened. (Though repainting was the easiest, fastest to get it on the market.)

I thought slayer statute means that murderer cannot benefit financially from death of victim? How is she allowed 50% of the house proceeds?

That's what i would like to know. She should not get anything and she was not listed on the Will either.

That's what i would like to know. She should not get anything and she was not listed on the Will either.

Under North Carolina estate laws since he did not have a will after the marriage and the house deed was in both names legally she retains her half of the house and his half goes to his estate.she does not lose her half for killing him but the wrongful death suit can take it

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back