GUILTY CO - Natalie Bollinger, 19, Broomfield, 28 Dec 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Ok, but if she never expressed any suicidal wants, then why would she be meeting up with this stranger, with her bf’s gun, and leave her phone at home?

Unless....she wanted to either sell him the gun or trade it for something. Then I could see her walking out to meet him with the gun and leaving her phone inside, but why bring her purse?

Ah, but then there is the 111 texts, that’s too much for simply selling/buying something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, he used this persona “Aki” to contact Natalie. He then tells police he wrote journals in high school about kidnapping, torturing, and then executing people. He refers back to the Aki persona later in the interview again, who just so happens to align with his old journals.

I think he somehow got in contact with her on Craigslist or this animo site. Agreed to meet her the next day. Kidnapped her with her own gun. She sent a text or a call in the process which is what caused the missing person’s report to be filed. He drove her to the farm, dragged her out of the car, and shot her. I think he made her face look like his Aki character (Aki has a bruised bloody right eye and a split lip).

So, he used this persona “Aki” to contact Natalie. He then tells police he wrote journals in high school about kidnapping, torturing, and then executing people. He refers back to the Aki persona later in the interview again, who just so happens to align with his old journals.

I think he somehow got in contact with her on Craigslist or this animo site. Agreed to meet her the next day. Kidnapped her with her own gun. She sent a text or a call in the process which is what caused the missing person’s report to be filed. He drove her to the farm, dragged her out of the car, and shot her. I think he made her face look like his Aki character (Ali has a bruised bloody right eye and a split lip).

The cut next to her eye was post mortem and her lower lip was cut on the inside most likely from her teeth hitting it.

Wouldn’t she have had some sort of defensive wounds?

Ok, but if she never expressed any suicidal wants, then why would she be meeting up with this stranger, with her bf’s gun, and leave her phone at home?

Unless....she wanted to either sell him the gun or trade it for something. Then I could see her walking out to meet him with the gun and leaving her phone inside, but why bring her purse?

Ah, but then there is the 111 texts, that’s too much for simply selling/buying something.

That is only JL saying she came out to him. He could have went in, saw the gun (maybe she had it on her) and grabbed it. Kidnapped her from that point.

Police are the ones that said there was no evidence of suicide. No letter, no texts discussing suicide. So I think we can pretty much rule that out unless they somehow missed suicide communications.

The cut next to her eye was post mortem and her lower lip was cut on the inside most likely from her teeth hitting it.

Wouldn’t she have had some sort of defensive wounds?

I am saying he probably did it post-mortem. Shot her and then made her look like his character.

I am saying he probably did it post-mortem. Shot her and then made her look like his character.

It’s possible, but he was only there for 8 minutes.

It’s possible, but he was only there for 8 minutes.

True. But it seems he left her where she was shot. It would take maybe a minute or two to get her out of the car, over to the tree, and shoot her. Hit her eye, cut her lip like his character, toss some leaves on her, and leave. 8 minutes seems pretty realistic. What seems less realistic is her picking the spot, him trying to talk her out of it, saying a prayer, shooting her, and getting out in 8 minutes.

That is only JL saying she came out to him. He could have went in, saw the gun (maybe she had it on her) and grabbed it. Kidnapped her from that point.

Police are the ones that said there was no evidence of suicide. No letter, no texts discussing suicide. So I think we can pretty much rule that out unless they somehow missed suicide communications.

I stated that theory a couple days ago regarding him coming in her apartment and kidnapping her with her boyfriends gun. That’s what my gut instinct tells me. I also believe he did meet her on Craigslist, but it wasn’t because of a post with her asking for a hit man. JMO

Exactly, doesn‘t make sense to me.

Affidavit page 1: "During the investigation your affiant spoke to numerous friends and family members of Natalie Bollinger. Some indicated she had a past history of suicidal thoughts."
http://crimefeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/PAGE-ONE.png

The fact that Lopez initially lied when being interrogated can be him trying to avoid prosecution. It doesn‘t necessarily mean he made the whole story up.

I‘d be very surprised if those 111 text messages were all about selling a gun.

Exactly, doesn‘t make sense to me.

Affidavit page 1: "During the investigation your affiant spoke to numerous friends and family members of Natalie Bollinger. Some indicated she had a past history of suicidal thoughts."
http://crimefeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/PAGE-ONE.png

The fact that Lopez initially lied when being interrogated can be him trying to avoid prosecution. It doesn‘t necessarily mean he made the whole story up.

I‘d be very surprised if those 111 text messages were all about selling a gun.

Those 111 texts are the key to it all. I'm not trying to defend this ...but if I was a crazy killer 'hitman' replying to an ad for a hitman with a prospective client...I may talk in code. If there is any truth in this... Natalie didn't want people to know (maybe to not disappoint her sis and so the religious people in her family wouldn't think she was going straight to hell)...so maybe she played along. I know these texts won't be likely released until trial...but my bet is that there's a type of code being spoken. That's why LE in the presser said stuff about motive being something for the DA to present... And why the affidavit doesn't mention anything about the context of the texts. Just my opinion and I hope either way the spends many hard years in prison.

I just finished reading through the full affidavit. Some major points for me (some new, some we already knew):
- 12/28/17 - boyfriend JM reports NB as missing, indicates her cell phone was left in the apartment, and that his Glock 9 mm was missing.
- Police look through NB's phone until it dies; recharge it but can't get past the PIN. Have to get records from AT&T.
- 12/29/17 - NB found deceased, COD single gunshot wound to the head by 9 mm firearm
- AT&T gives detectives text data. 111 text messages to/from an unknown number from 10:58 AM and 12:20 PM on the 28th. She went missing 1-3 hrs after the last text.
- Investigators determine the number is for JL. They put surveillance on him. Observe him outside of his residence. See that he has recently bought a car (Nissan with temp tags). Paperwork for car purchase showed he bought it with his girlfriend, confirmed the number being associated with him, and showed he worked for Domino's.
- Investigators talk to Domino's. They confirm it's the phone number they have for JL that was associated with texting NB as well. Domino's mentions that JL called out sick on 12/28 and on 12/29. JL didn’t show up 12/30 or call, later telling his employer he was sick and sleeping all day. He did work on 12/31.
- Investigators received GPS/tower data for JL's phone. JL went to NB’s residential area between 1204 and 1230 hours. Device eventually goes to Riverdale Rd for 8 minutes.
- 2/8/18 - JL is approached at work by investigators. He follows them to the station, says he thinks he knows what this about - the girl he talked to on Craigslist. He gave over his phone to investigators and signed off allowing them to search it/download data.
- JL gives investigators his whole Craiglist spiel, mentioning that he uses an app called Amino to create fantasy personas, one of those characters uses "charisma" to lure in others before he goes "psycho" on them and "strikes." He alleges that he spoke to NB using this persona, as a fake hit man.
- He brings up his journal being found his senior year, with its mention of his desires to kidnap, torture, and execute someone, on his own. Eventually starts talking about his texts with NB again.
- JL says that he discussed payment for the hit with NB while driving around, JL says that NB said he could sell JM's gun after.
- JL claims at no time did they have or consume drugs together.
- JL initially claims he did NOT go through with killing NB. Investigators press him with GPS data. JL then changes his story and says he went there with NB and before he could get the gun from her she killed herself. Investigators press him again, now with autopsy data showing she didn't kill herself, and he admits to killing her.

JL is a liar. Nothing he says should be taken at face value. Look how many times he lied to investigators just in this interaction. With more than a month to come up with a story, I'm not buying it. Parts might be true. I definitely believe he killed her. I believe he has psycho fantasies. I believe JM's gun was used to kill her. Not sure what else beyond that I buy.

So---did he kill her in the old car? and was the 8 minutes just the dumping?

This guy sounds like such a freak. Like the WORST kind of of creepy freak that nightmares are made of. Makes me wonder if he's victimized others before in a lesser way. I mean, he's sloppy-- so he couldn't be THAT experienced. But was he a peeping Tom prior? I feel like we're going to hear about an extensive history of online role playing and gamer activity and that perhaps he's dabbled in dark control type behavior before. Maybe animals, maybe little boys, maybe even worse. One thing is for sure, like many of you I do NOT believe a friggn word coming out of his mouth unless/until confirmed by LE. Hims probably got bullied when hims was little..... (playing mini violin for him)

I’m curious if there is way LE will be able to retrieve the context of all 111 text messages. The affidavit stated they were able to view some info in her phone, prior to the phone dying. Once they charged her phone, the phone required a passcode and they were unable to get into the phone again. They came up with the 111 text messages from a warrant served to AT&T regarding her phone usage. There has to be a way for them to have an IT expert knowledgeable in cell phone override the password requirement.

- AT&T gives detectives text data. 111 text messages to/from an unknown number from 10:58 AM and 12:20 PM on the 28th. She went missing 1-3 hrs after the last text.

SBM
If they were texting until 12:20 and gps put him there until 12:30. Why are they saying she went missing 1-3 hours after 12:20?

I’m curious if there is way LE will be able to retrieve the context of all 111 text messages. The affidavit stated they were able to view some info in her phone, prior to the phone dying. Once they charged her phone, the phone required a passcode and they were unable to get into the phone again. They came up with the 111 text messages from a warrant served to AT&T regarding her phone usage. There has to be a way for them to have an IT expert knowledgeable in cell phone override the password requirement.

Not with iphones! And it used to be that if a phone was dying, you could quick remove the security code--but now you have to know it to change any security/password settings. I'm not completely sure how it differs by carrier? but I know that with certain carriers the full content of every text is available from the carrier via subpoena. Some info is available right away (or expedited) without a subpoena when someone is believed to be in imminent danger. It SOUNDS like all they got (initially at least) was his number and the count of text messages exchanges. Here's to praying that if the content isn't available from her carrier-- it IS available from his!

Sounds like LE has this thing slam dunked. When we were all dying for more info and speculating, I'm picturing them all pacing around the detective bureau like " WE CAN'T WAIT!!!!!" dying to drop the bomb. SO GLAD that they stayed tight lipped and didn't risk the case! Sneaky McSneakersons!

Not with iphones! And it used to be that if a phone was dying, you could quick remove the security code--but now you have to know it to change any security/password settings. I'm not completely sure how it differs by carrier? but I know that with certain carriers the full content of every text is available from the carrier via subpoena. Some info is available right away (or expedited) without a subpoena when someone is believed to be in imminent danger.

Interesting. I have ATT and from my knowledge the context of your messages are not available from the carrier. I also have an iPhone and I have my messages downloaded to iCloud (I think). I know you can also do a restore on an iPhone from the last back up. So say her phone has backed up since her last use (it should have after LE charged it and turned it back on), LE could then take her iCloud info and put it on another iPhone and restore all of her most recent texts, calls, etc to that other iPhone. That is IF they can figure out her iCloud password or perhaps Apple could be served a warrant to reset her iCloud password for LE to access her iCloud to do what I explained. If this doesn’t make sense, let me know and I’ll try to explain differently :)

SBM
If they were texting until 12:20 and gps put him there until 12:30. Why are they saying she went missing 1-3 hours after 12:20?

Good catch! I wonder if they’re saying 1-3 hours based on her boyfriends initial call to LE? Still...that’s a big time gap. His first phone call should narrow down that 1-3 hour time span, I would think. Hmmm.

Deleting accidental post [emoji4]

So---did he kill her in the old car? and was the 8 minutes just the dumping?

This guy sounds like such a freak. Like the WORST kind of of creepy freak that nightmares are made of. Makes me wonder if he's victimized others before in a lesser way. I mean, he's sloppy-- so he couldn't be THAT experienced. But was he a peeping Tom prior? I feel like we're going to hear about an extensive history of online role playing and gamer activity and that perhaps he's dabbled in dark control type behavior before. Maybe animals, maybe little boys, maybe even worse. One thing is for sure, like many of you I do NOT believe a friggn word coming out of his mouth unless/until confirmed by LE. Hims probably got bullied when hims was little..... (playing mini violin for him)

No I believe what he said about how she was killed. Kneeling down and he shot her execution style right where she was found. I believe he met her on Craigslist, that he entered his “Aki” persona from his Animo character, drove to her house. I think he took her gun and kidnapped her, that’s what took 26 minutes. Then I think he drove straight to the farm, dragged her out (not hard because she was high), shot her, possibly cut her lip and bruised her eye to look like Aki, and left.

Good catch! I wonder if they’re saying 1-3 hours based on her boyfriends initial call to LE? Still...that’s a big time gap. His first phone call should narrow down that 1-3 hour time span, I would think. Hmmm.

Yes I took it to mean the missing report came in 1-3 hours after her last text.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back