GUILTY SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

I looked up the closest 25 registered sex offenders (2.46 miles away and below) on Family Watchdog and none match the description of Hispanic + skinny. That's of course only taking into account the offenders who have been convicted and comply with updating their locations etc, not anyone flying under the radar.

I pray that I don't curse myself or my family, but where I live, there are lots of seasonal folks that own homes. During the winter months, there have been many home invasions by a few druggies around here- some were home but they didn't know that, as the spouse had the car running an errand. One guy had his shot gun pointed at the kid who broke in, and he ran like hell and never tried to do another invasion around here again.

If you can believe this- the second kid that we know who was doing this- people were sympathizing with him, saying not to be mean, that it wasn't his fault he was a drug addict and to just let it go. I kid you not- big fight occurred on our community FB about a year ago. They didn't care about the couple he scared to pieces when they got home and saw their door wide open, a door that they never used, and the jerk had the nerve to help himself to their food and ate quite heartily! I don't know if they pressed charges or not, but he was arrested. Sometimes, after reading the comments of people defending this kid, I feel like I am living in Bizarro world.

Sadly, I can believe it. It seems plenty of people believe no one has to claim responsibility for their own actions and there will be loads to make excuses when there are none to be made.

When we first built our home we did not have dead bolts or alarms installed yet. My brother, who was living with us at the time got up to go to work, and found a stranger in our home on our sofa. He had been there so long he had fallen asleep. He was waiting for his side kick to pick him up. He had several items belonging to us beside him. I called the police immediately yet it took them 45 minutes to get there.

I got my husband's shotgun out of the gun case and loaded it and handed it to my brother and before we approached the creep he was ready for whatever may happen. When the guy was awakened by my brother and saw the shotgun pointed straight at him he didn't move unless we told him to and he stayed that way until the police finally arrived to arrest him. We made him empty all of his pockets and he had a couple of knives. Its never happened again, and we live in a very safe neighborhood, but no neighborhood is truly safe anymore.

IMO

I'm sorry. I'm not buying the home invasion/skinny hispanic male story. Five kids, two in school, three at home (one including a baby, I think) and husband out of state. I just have a bad feeling about this. Although, I do hope I'm wrong and this poor child is found safe.

I'm very highly doubtful mom had anything at all to do with this, but I do think she probably knows her attacker. JMO.

I'm very highly doubtful mom had anything at all to do with this, but I do think she probably knows her attacker. JMO.

By "knows" do you mean that she knew him well (friend, neighbor, coworker) or simply crossed paths before (hired him for handyman work, sold something to him on Craigslist, meter reader etc) ?

If she knows her attacker wouldn't she have shared that info with LE since her daughter is missing and presumably with him?
Or were you thinking that wasn't what transpired?
(Not questioning your theories but rather just interested in how your wheels are turning, reasons why etc)

I'm local, I live about 2 miles from this neighborhood. The information here is that the mom was brutally beaten but not found until the children were brought home from school by a friend, who was called to do so because the mother did not show up. Locals here received calls from the police last night asking that we leave on all outside lights to aid in the search overnight. The father is in the Coast Guard and was away on training at the time, he has since come home. The mother is said to have undergone surgery. Locals have been asked not to come out to search at this point. They were still searching the lake and surrounding area as of about an hour ago, according to a friend of mine who lives in that development.

Gregory Yee
‏
Verified account

@GregoryYYee
24m24 minutes ago

Right now the scene is fairly quiet. Mt. Pleasant police have deployed a drone to help in the search. A lot of officers talking to people around the neighborhood/several areas still cordoned off by crime scene tape #CHSnews

https://twitter.com/GregoryYYee

Exactly what I was thinking.

First thing I think of when an update like this is a couple of hours away, especially soon after the last update, is that they're giving the parents time to contact the family before it hits the news. :(

would also like to say that while I'm local, we are getting our information mainly from news outlets as well. friends in that neighborhood say the police have knocked on the doors there three times already.

Thank you! I was wondering if the husband had come home.
Keep us posted with what’s going on around you. Thanks!

It could be that the 4 o'clock press conference is just going to be an update to the mom and surgery.

Sadly, I can believe it. It seems plenty of people believe no one has to claim responsibility for their own actions and there will be loads to make excuses when there are none to be made.

When we first built our home we did not have dead bolts or alarms installed yet. My brother, who was living with us at the time got up to go to work, and found a stranger in our home on our sofa. He had been there so long he had fallen asleep. He was waiting for his side kick to pick him up. He had several items belonging to us beside him. I called the police immediately yet it took them 45 minutes to get there.

I got my husband's shotgun out of the gun case and loaded it and handed it to my brother and before we approached the creep he was ready for whatever may happen. When the guy was awakened by my brother and saw the shotgun pointed straight at him he didn't move unless we told him to and he stayed that way until the police finally arrived to arrest him. We made him empty all of his pockets and he had a couple of knives. Its never happened again, and we live in a very safe neighborhood, but no neighborhood is truly safe anymore.

IMO

OMG, thank goodness your brother was there and you had a shot gun! Honestly, the nerve of that fool to fall asleep on your couch like that- wow! Thank God you were both safe. You're right, no neighborhood is completely safe, unfortunately.

I don’t like the special focus on the lake. Reminds me of one of the first cases I followed - Devon Davis. He managed to get out of the house and was found in a little lake not far from the house. His mom had other kiddos and had just moved. I believe husband also in military. She fell asleep on the couch. Broke my heart. Of course the assault in this case is the twist. I wonder if dogs have tracked her to the lake or if this is simply standard procedure due to the proximity of the water. Hoping for good news at 4.

As a local, let me point out that Johns Island is an area undergoing a ton of growth at this time. It used to be considered a more rural suburb of Charleston and was one of the last areas with less congestion. Now there are probably a dozen neighborhoods going up within a few mile radius of the one where this is taking place. Some earlier posts referenced "migrant Hispanic workers" or something of that nature and there were some subsequent comments regarding that issue. There are many construction workers in this area due to the massive growth. It's accurate to say that many of these workers are Hispanic. I didn't read the original posts, so I'm just bringing that fact forward.

First thing I think of when an update like this is a couple of hours away, especially soon after the last update, is that they're giving the parents time to contact the family before it hits the news. :(

Oh God, I hope not, I'm just feeling sick about what they are going to say at the press conference. Hope it's better news than I am thinking. Just wanted to say I have huge admiration for the people, professional and volunteers who get out and search, it's such a grim but necessary job. Hoping for a miracle for this little girl, her family and the searchers.

The neighborhood looks like the garages are in the back of the homes and there's most likely an alleyway between them, anyone know if that's the case? That community style is popular in the lowcountry.

I also read where the family cat is missing. I really hope the cat ran out and the sweet baby chased her.

Something I wondered about too. **I have no local rumor or info about this** but I wonder if the police actually have information that the attacker took her, or if it's possible she wandered out while the mother was unconscious and is lost. That would make the lake focus more logical. Terrible story, just praying for this child and her family.

If H was targeted for kidnapping I would think the perpetrator would have been prepared to kill the mother, not beat her. I have previous heard that brutal beatings typically indicate a personal relationship and rage toward the victim. If the mother knew the man she would likely have said if he abducted her child. This is a harrowing scenario, I’m not sure what to make of it all. Why would someone do this?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChucksChickTiff
Back