FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he pulled the fire alarm and that’s how he got inside.

That’s what I heard as well, but can you pull a fire alarm from the outside? The channel I was watching said the doors open when the fire alarm is pulled. I didn’t realize you could pull the alarm from the outside?

Traumatized students said that once they heard reports of a mass shooting at the school they knew it would be Cruz, while one teacher said he had been identified as a potential threat to his classmates last year.
Matthew Walker, a 17-year-old student at the school, told WFOR-TV that all his classmates 'knew it was going to be him.'

Daily Mail UK

and yet no one did anything to prevent this.

If school police are still the same caliber of those of the late 90's, I'm not surprised that they weren't a deterrent today. No offense intended, but my school's police officers, real LE, were considered a joke on campus.
They are not a joke in Broward some of the toughest biggest guys at my daughters school.

That’s what I heard as well, but can you pull a fire alarm from the outside? The channel I was watching said the doors open when the fire alarm is pulled. I didn’t realize you could pull the alarm from the outside?

I have no idea where the fire alarm is.

So I'm reading that he wasn't allowed on campus with a backpack because he was violent, had made threats agains students and they knew he had guns. Questions:

1. Why weren't mental health services via the police involved?
2. Did he have parents? Were they involved in trying to help him or stop him from harming others?
3. Where did he get access to firearms? How and where? Given his age and past problems it seems it wouldn't be that easy for him.

My thoughts exactly! Especially #1. Are schools required to report to police and police sets up mental health evaluation etc. when a student threatens others and is expelled????

Any update? :-(
None the moms not responding or her brother who was at first with my son. One of the sisters found the older girl not yet.

im kind of just idk disassociating at the moment I can’t think about it

I am looking at pictures and reading here for updates. It’s Ash Wednesday omg sick

Could've been that he snuck inside, then just pulled the fire alarm inside so he could ambush people on their way out for the alarm.

Not yet. I fear it might catch on. Maybe not guns, but knives, bombs, cars. :(

Right. I see the headlines now: A kid with a knife killing and wounding dozens of students in the 18th (or however many) mass-stabbing event since January. Hundreds of kids accidentally stabbing and killing each other (and/or a parent) with knives each year.

Yup. It’s great inevitable because America! /s

wondering if Valentine day and rejection are gonna play into this ??

Pretty much the same questions every time - just gonna keep happening

unless when one asks a question someone answers and then does something

that is with anything so we really don't have any reason to think it will stop

Earlier post indicated we are averaging one every three days since the new year

We will be doing this again shortly

You know if that was my kid I'd be doing everything in my power to make sure they and people they may encounter are safe. Of course the dad of the Santa Barbara Isla Vista shooter in 2014 tried to stop his son. He had the police go to his apartment and do an assessment. I think it was a day before, the day of the shooting or something like that. He lied about his feelings and "passed" and then killed a bunch of people.

Super hard to figure out what to do and how.

Here’s the context. I’d hate for a rumor to grow legs when there’s not yet proof or LE statements to support it.

It doesn’t appear that he endorsed religious extremism, but instead insulted the Muslim faith, imo:

From Heavy:
The suspect posted about a Google search for the phrase “Allahu Akbar” in 2015 but the caption said, “Well at least we now know what it means when a sand durka says ‘allahu Akbar’ ??????”

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nikolas-cruz-florida-instagram-nicolas-nicholas-social-media/

he also posted the definition of Alu Akbar on his instagram, with his weapons:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02/breaking-instagram-account-fl-shooter-nicholas-cruz/

He had smoke bombs and a gas mask - that's why the alarms went off. Looks like his plan was for the alarms to go off so he could shoot them all when they ran from their classes.

Per Senator Bill Nelson on CNN

Could've been that he snuck inside, then just pulled the fire alarm inside so he could ambush people on their way out for the alarm.

He may have slipped in while someone else was going out, pulled the alarm, and that was all he needed. As the students and teachers came out they described seeing him, going in and up through the floors, and told LE who he was, and that he had guns. There were two officers, there, who stay on site.

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/ne...after-shooting-florida-high-school/338217002/

From the looks of his Instagram, he might have also been into animal torture.

Believe it or not, but mass school shootings really aren’t on the rise. (they are however more deadly) They are just a disgusting part of american culture, and its been that way since the country was founded. A culture that has also glorified guns and allowed the country to be flooded with them. The fact that guns have become more powerful and more deadly is reflected by the increase in deaths.

Wait, school shootings have been part of American culture since our country was founded?? Maybe I should read more history books! [emoji6]

[FONT=&quot]JUST IN: Florida school shooter is being cooperative & talking to investigators, says he pulled fire alarm in hopes of gaining a higher victim count - CNN[/FONT]

He had smoke bombs and a gas mask - that's why the alarms went off. Looks like his plan was for the alarms to go off so he could shoot them all when they ran from their classes.

Per Senator Bill Nelson on CNN

hey finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members