TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe the SP is male. One of the clues I noticed is the right hand index/middle fingers are straight inline with the back of the hand thought out the video, he can't or doesn't bend them. I have posted screenshots from the MPD video in the past showing this.

I believe it is a man as well. Even if you just follow FBI and Justice Dept statistics the overwhelming number of violent crimes are committed by males. (Doing a search on Bureau of Justice Statistics https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cvus0402.pdf, chart 39. This is 2004, but it is what I got just doing a quick search. 78.1% of violent crime is committed by males.) Fitting in with my MOST LIKELY scenario - strictly my opinion as yours may vary - I believe this was planned vandalism and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the criminal is between 16 and 22 years of age. For the record, based on what little info LE has released I can see other possible scenarios, but this is one I give the heaviest weight.

While looking up Jethro's link, I stumbled upon this 7/29/2016 post. From right after the murder. LE is def looking for a connected POI. And while not specifically "hit" language, strong inference that this was not a random solo act.

I will drop this link here

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/w...ations-8277296

with this quote from the May 5th article:
Police say that they believe the still-unknown killer may have been incontact with one of the phones identified in the warrant based on very specifictips received after the Midlothian Police Department posted video of thesuspect walking around and vandalizing the church before killing Bevers withpuncture wounds to her chest and head.

While looking up Jethro's link, I stumbled upon this 7/29/2016 post. From right after the murder. LE is def looking for a connected POI. And while not specifically "hit" language, strong inference that this was not a random solo act.

Police say that they believe the still-unknown killer may have been incontact with one of the phones identified in the warrant based on very specifictips received after the Midlothian Police Department posted video of thesuspect walking around and vandalizing the church before killing Bevers withpuncture wounds to her chest and head.

One of those bits of info that has not been provided since or, at least, rarely. In the first few days and weeks after the murder, LE also stated they believed SP got the kill or at least the crime scene on video. I have not seen that mentioned again since. Makes me wonder what LE REALLY knows OR have they reevaluated their theories OR if they are downplaying this info since then. I don't know. And more importantly neither does SP likely know.

:pullhair:

I have a trial to prepare for that's scheduled in April. It is for Amanda Blackburn's murder that occurred while she was expecting her second child.

:seeya:

One of those bits of info that has not been provided since or, at least, rarely. In the first few days and weeks after the murder, LE also stated they believed SP got the kill or at least the crime scene on video. I have not seen that mentioned again since. Makes me wonder what LE REALLY knows OR have they reevaluated their theories OR if they are downplaying this info since then. I don't know. And more importantly neither does SP likely know.

That's not necessarily correct. I think you are recalling (and that link is referencing) language from the search warrants. The SW language needs to be broad enough to cover the searching they want to do. So they inserted in the SW that SP MAY have recorded the incident or MAY have been in contact with MB so that they are able to view any video captured or messaging if there is any and use it in court as evidence. This is common language on any SW covering a cell phone or mobile device that has a camera.

IMO, that has to do with the light on the helmet. LE probably think it's a GoPro not just a light. What do you think?

I believe it is a man as well. Even if you just follow FBI and Justice Dept statistics the overwhelming number of violent crimes are committed by males. (Doing a search on Bureau of Justice Statistics https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cvus0402.pdf, chart 39. This is 2004, but it is what I got just doing a quick search. 78.1% of violent crime is committed by males.) Fitting in with my MOST LIKELY scenario - strictly my opinion as yours may vary - I believe this was planned vandalism and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the criminal is between 16 and 22 years of age. For the record, based on what little info LE has released I can see other possible scenarios, but this is one I give the heaviest weight.

Totally agree with you.

My thoughts:
After 2 years I assume that LE has fully explored MBs relationships and contacts. If SP knew MB or had any association with her, they were on LEs radar for at a decent amount of time. If SP was in contact with MB via any means in the months leading up to her murder, LE knows and has most likely exhausted that lead.

So either there is a suspect in MBs network in mind but they do not have enough evidence to charge the suspect and need to continue to develop the case -- or-- SP is in no way connected to MB. (this is where i fall).

I believe it was a planned vandalism/opportunistic burglary/late-night joy-ride and MB interrupted SP. I also don't necessarily believe that SP assaulted MB to kill her. I think there is a good chance that he swung his hammer at her a few times, hitting her in the head and chest 2-3 times until she went down to the ground. She laid there almost 30 minutes bleeding to death until medical attention arrived. As many of you know, facial and head wounds bleed profusely and even one properly placed blow to the head can kill you.

I'm 50/50 on a younger guy vs. an older guy. SP looks bored and aimless in the video. Lazy for sure. Out of shape, too.

I think LE should analyze all break-ins 2 -5 years prior to this incident within about 50 miles. Look for dark SUVs. Look for rainy nights. Look for incidents in low-risk buildings that are closed after dark. I really think SP has done it before. Maybe in the past SP didn't dress up and this was the first time he amped up his game to enter a location with surveillance cameras. Or maybe he's been caught on surveillance before and had been identified in the past and this was his new "night-prowling" outfit he thought was fool proof - even from multiple camera angles.

One day, some guy will get pulled over with parts of this outfit in his trunk and i hope the officer remembers this case and has it checked for blood just in case.

IMO, that has to do with the light on the helmet. LE probably think it's a GoPro not just a light. What do you think?
Yes. Or a go pro with a light (common combo). One person explained where they would put what in a SW so that if there was one, they could legally seize it.

That's not necessarily correct. I think you are recalling (and that link is referencing) language from the search warrants. The SW language needs to be broad enough to cover the searching they want to do. So they inserted in the SW that SP MAY have recorded the incident or MAY have been in contact with MB so that they are able to view any video captured or messaging if there is any and use it in court as evidence. This is common language on any SW covering a cell phone or mobile device that has a camera.

I don't know about the SW, but I believe it was also referenced in a very early press conference. After that there has been almost nothing about cell phones or videos since May or June, if anything at all. Are they still looking in that direction? Only LE knows.

Excellent point! I know cyclists use them to record rides. They come in handy when there is an aggressive motorist. I've never used a GoPro. Does it have to downloaded to a computer or phone? I don't know if they transmit video. But good point I had not thought of that possibility.

Totally agree with you.

My thoughts:
After 2 years I assume that LE has fully explored MBs relationships and contacts. If SP knew MB or had any association with her, they were on LEs radar for at a decent amount of time. If SP was in contact with MB via any means in the months leading up to her murder, LE knows and has most likely exhausted that lead.

So either there is a suspect in MBs network in mind but they do not have enough evidence to charge the suspect and need to continue to develop the case -- or-- SP is in no way connected to MB. (this is where i fall).

I believe it was a planned vandalism/opportunistic burglary/late-night joy-ride and MB interrupted SP. I also don't necessarily believe that SP assaulted MB to kill her. I think there is a good chance that he swung his hammer at her a few times, hitting her in the head and chest 2-3 times until she went down to the ground. She laid there almost 30 minutes bleeding to death until medical attention arrived. As many of you know, facial and head wounds bleed profusely and even one properly placed blow to the head can kill you.

I'm 50/50 on a younger guy vs. an older guy. SP looks bored and aimless in the video. Lazy for sure. Out of shape, too.

I think LE should analyze all break-ins 2 -5 years prior to this incident within about 50 miles. Look for dark SUVs. Look for rainy nights. Look for incidents in low-risk buildings that are closed after dark. I really think SP has done it before. Maybe in the past SP didn't dress up and this was the first time he amped up his game to enter a location with surveillance cameras. Or maybe he's been caught on surveillance before and had been identified in the past and this was his new "night-prowling" outfit he thought was fool proof - even from multiple camera angles.

One day, some guy will get pulled over with parts of this outfit in his trunk and i hope the officer remembers this case and has it checked for blood just in case.

All good points. On the age, the BJS charts - https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cvus0402.pdf - show 67.7 % of violent crime is committed by someone age 20 or younger. But this SP doesn't seem to move like a very spry person. I believe the physical observation of SP overrules the stats here.

LE may not find another crime with a person dressed as SWAT in DFW area. BUT this person may have done this same thing before with a different disguise.

Totally agree with you.

My thoughts:

But....but...but....going along with your thought processes of assuming that LE has investigated the more-inner-circle of MB’s world, why would we presume LE hasn’t investigated burglars/trespassers from past random incidences too?

Maybe LE has investigated that angle & is drawing a blank? Maybe that’s why they are back to square one?

But....but...but....going along with your thought processes of assuming that LE has investigated the more-inner-circle of MB’s world, why would we presume LE hasn’t investigated burglars/trespassers from past random incidences too?

Maybe LE has investigated that angle & is drawing a blank? Maybe that’s why they are back to square one?

Maybe they did do it before, but it was not caught on video. Or they haven't done this before. I'm hoping they've looked and at least eliminated that lead. In any event the new investigator is supposed to be taking this case from scratch. That means all of MB's world is likely to be interviewed again as well as looking for similar MO's - again, if they didn't do it before.

I have a trial to prepare for that's scheduled in April. It is for Amanda Blackburn's murder that occurred while she was expecting her second child.

Oh bless that family and you. That's over a month away I think it would take me that long to prepare too. Heartbreaking.

What is your role in the trial? Are you the prosecutor?

Jethro, this was back on thread 37 and I realize that you have changed your map a few times. I still reviewing. But here you stated in reply to my post where I pondered it was a 13 instead of a 12. And now I may be back to that thinking as I have been scratching and replacing.
But you said this on Jan 11, 2017 long after DeDee visit in July 2016.

"I don't believe any doors to any rooms were locked in the entire building, not even the sanctuary nor the office. I do think that closets were locked for some reason.

The offices are along the South hall. There aren't any windows in the doors to the office. Nor to the Sanctuary. That camera is either looking south down the East hall - my strong belief - or north up the East hall. It can't be looking at anything in the South hall nor where the offices are because it is mounted to the ceiling about 1 foot away from the wall on the left. With a camera there the entry to the sanctuary that would be to the right would be plainly visible. There are no doors visible or breaks in the wall (for the entry to the sanctuary) along the wall on the right side visible as far as down that wall as we can see (about 50 feet due to that door being open on the left).

As for the "12" I am still stuck on that being a 12." https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-37&p=13063933#post13063933

What I don't understand about that statement is, you show window on your map then (here is July 2016 window there https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-33&p=12699959#post12699959 ) as you do current 2018. You have the room next to this door with a window, as O1.
While I still can not reconcile the room numbers still working on that with DeDee, from this video it looks like there is a pretty good size room in that area of offices next to the one with glass in front of desk.

Anyway, I can see it very possible that this is the door that the Suspect could have been breaking glass in. Not for sure but possible. I say that because it would be near to where the camera was mounted and you can see the camera shake when Suspect was hitting to break glass. JMHO not fully sold though. Just know there is glass in that door.
attachment.php
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6saH86eqmQg
My best guess is that the camera in the Southeast corner that would be looking west in the South hall is mounted close to the room E3. It should be mounted similar to how we see the camera in the Northeast that is looking west in the North hall (start of the long MPD video). That northeast camera seems to be mounted about 2 to 3 feet away from the wall of E1 and is angled to look more to the right (obviously it is not centered).

I can't see anywhere in the church where the ending sequence of the long video can be other that the East hall. There are just no places on the north or south halls for it to be without seeing sanctuary entries. In particular, at the East side of the sanctuary there are the slanted doors with alcoves on the hall on both the North and South sides and they are no more than 20-22 feet from the East hall so with the camera view we have at the end of the long video we would see the alcove to the right before that door that is open on the left if it were the southeast corner camera looking west.

For the offices O1 is the room with windows on both sides. There is a large window on the south hallway on the hallway side of O1, looks just like the one you see on the office side. O4 is where the minister/pastor office is (that is who has the camera). This is the same room where you can see in his one video inside that office where he is sitting with the window behind him. When he comes out of this O4 room and makes the left and then enters a room that is O3. As you saw in the video the hall continues past that room and then extends to the left. On the map this is a hall (it is colored Salmon) that goes nowhere but I believe that down that hall is likely a door that opens to the Library (which is the room immediately next to the office area).

If you go frame by frame as the pastor comes out O4 the camera aims briefly to the right and you can see a door that opens to the hall that has O2, O5 and what I think is O6. O5 is the office manager's office and O2 is the room across from it. There is a photo the office manager posted of a filing cabinet that shows a room across from her door.

I have a map with that suspected door on it as I can't believe a hall goes nowhere.
From my google drive ... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ExJOGsTHoTCwsQvE5wnWfK8wEdLQ_MKK

I still don't believe any doors were locked in that place except for closets.

My best guess is that the camera in the Southeast corner that would be looking west in the South hall is mounted close to the room E3. It should be mounted similar to how we see the camera in the Northeast that is looking west in the North hall (start of the long MPD video). That northeast camera seems to be mounted about 2 to 3 feet away from the wall of E1 and is angled to look more to the right (obviously it is not centered).

I can't see anywhere in the church where the ending sequence of the long video can be other that the East hall. There are just no places on the north or south halls for it to be without seeing sanctuary entries. In particular, at the East side of the sanctuary there are the slanted doors with alcoves on the hall on both the North and South sides and they are no more than 20-22 feet from the East hall so with the camera view we have at the end of the long video we would see the alcove to the right before that door that is open on the left if it were the southeast corner camera looking west.

For the offices O1 is the room with windows on both sides. There is a large window on the south hallway on the hallway side of O1, looks just like the one you see on the office side. O4 is where the minister/pastor office is (that is who has the camera). This is the same room where you can see in his one video inside that office where he is sitting with the window behind him. When he comes out of this O4 room and makes the left and then enters a room that is O3. As you saw in the video the hall continues past that room and then extends to the left. On the map this is a hall (it is colored Salmon) that goes nowhere but I believe that down that hall is likely a door that opens to the Library (which is the room immediately next to the office area).

If you go frame by frame as the pastor comes out O4 the camera aims briefly to the right and you can see a door that opens to the hall that has O2, O5 and what I think is O6. O5 is the office manager's office and O2 is the room across from it. There is a photo the office manager posted of a filing cabinet that shows a room across from her door.

I have a map with that suspected door on it as I can't believe a hall goes nowhere.
From my google drive ... https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ExJOGsTHoTCwsQvE5wnWfK8wEdLQ_MKK

I still don't believe any doors were locked in that place except for closets.

I agree that I think glass breakage is that East hallway. Notice the camera jiggles some from the hitting. The MPD zoomed that section so it makes it a little harder to see much.
It's just a puzzle to me. Have you seen any photos of the library or any of those rooms from outside. You use descriptions is why I ask. Thanks again. I think we somewhat agree and disagree. I am on fence with the Sanctuary being locked. But def the offices would be. Both are in our church. But I don't attend CCoC.
On the cameras, I just have a hard time believing there are not 2 cameras at ea corner of halls, one pointing ea way. Simply because there are doors and the camera field of view is not that far (maybe). Or at least one one ea corner.

Humor me. Your belief of that room I am having issues with (one with weird windows) is because of the video show 1 window with 3 lights on but not the other window correct? This is the mark on your video of that 4:20/21 sec. ...
OK... go to this mark on the video, same thing happens in an office window that you have with 2 windows (O5) 4:13 -4:16 mark. Light is on in O5 but light only seen in 1 window.

Here is a good shot from media helicopter of those windows, and the space between jmho is about what the photo I have linked up thread to those windows (with curtains)
attachment.php
attachment.php
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/H...-Dead-Inside-Midlothian-Church-376089631.html
In the image you have of that room you have two windows. They are at least 8 feet apart (and I think 10) but the two windows on the building you want to claim as being the ones in the photo are the first two single windows you see in the images you posted just beyond the van. Those two windows are only 4 feet apart so matter what you do those two specific windows can't be the windows in the image you have of the room. Not physically possible.

So, the only two choices are:

(1) The room in the image is S1. The windows you see in the image are the first double windows and then the next single window on the building. In the image the single window is to the left and only the left most window of the double window and the right most window of the window as well as the rest of the room can't be seen as they are out of the frame of the photo to the right.

(2) The room in the image is S2 (which is the library). The windows in the photo are the second and third single windows seen on the building as those windows are 8 feet apart from each other.

What I used to decide which one I think is was the structural column that can be seen in the image. It is to the right of the window on the left in the photo. There is some kind of metal rack that is against the wall and it abuts the left side of the column. The structural columns in the building are in alignment across the building from north to south. This is why they are marked on my map. Everywhere you see a black square is where there is a column. Those all line up north to south. I didn't

So, not only do you have to place a room from a photo based on the windows but if there is a structural column between the windows that also has to align on the building where such columns exist. In the case of that image you must find a place where a window is 3 feet to the left of a column (when looking from inside the building toward the windows).

So, with all the columns known for the north side of the building and the sanctuary the columns also extend to the south hall rooms as well. The columns are marked on the mapped I just linked in my previous comment. There should be a column in S1 and a column in S2. The one in S2 should be 1 foot from a window (as I have it on the map).

There are photos of several rooms with such columns. W1 (Ice Room), W2, a classroom for youngsters (not infants or toddlers), K1 where you have all the people in the photo and the tables, O3 from the video you posted previously from in the offices, Room 8 has two visible columns, many, many, photos of the sanctuary, and so on. Wherever a column is seen it is marked on the map. Wherever a column MUST be since they are aligned is also marked. Construction engineers and architects don't randomly place structural columns. Thus, there is no structural column in between the first two single windows on the south of the building. There are, however, structural columns between the first double windows and the first single window on the south side of the building and there is a structural column in between the second and third single windows on the south side of the building however that column is 1 foot from the third single window. The photo you have doesn't match that configuration. That is why I believe it to be S1.

Yes it is DeDEE, I just opened it and reviewed it. I hadn't seen it before, it does give a good view of the church all around the outside and its proximity to the gun store...wish it was just a tad bit slower, but I am sure you can slow it down while watching on a video player app.
There are two other videos taken by a different person and they drive around the church clockwise and then counter-clockwise that also show the church well - and it isn't raining. However, those folks drove around fast just like the ones doing the video I linked. Why, I don't know but that is what they do. Also, just like in the video I linked the other videos also have a point where they are fixated on the area at the far northeast of the parking lot behind the church.

I have to say that you reminded me of something that I really would like to know - Who the friend was that told LE about the creepy message? One of the pieces we are missing about this case is the whereabouts of Missy during the day on Sunday before the murder happened. I would also like to know who was the last person to see her alive other than her children. And to know who was the last person she was in contact with via phone.

The curious thing about releasing the warrants is that MPD was under no obligation to do so. They legally could have held them back for another 13 days and could get a 30 extension beyond that. This leads me to believe they did it deliberately with the premise that it might get someone to take off or do or say something that would give them away. But what I question (at the time they released the warrants) is whether or not MPD was thinking that it was someone on the list for the phone records warrant or as the part you quoted said, that SP was in contact with one of the numbers. I question that because it makes little sense to release the phone record warrant at all if MPD thought it was someone that contacted one of the numbers. MPD was showing their hand. There had to be a some goal associated.

I was only following this case in the media every few days or so at the time (never heard of Websleuths either for that matter and wouldn't get here even to read until June). My presence here is all due to that one action by MPD. Releasing that warrant made no sense to me and I had to try to figure out what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member